The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I did not realize that Christ no longer had the job of judgement, is Clete doing that job now?

Debating Christian doctrine as recorded in the scriptures is not the same as debating church doctrine on TOL.

Alpha Omega, First Last in Revelations is ambigous, it could refur to both but I see them as the Father

God can not die, but a created form of God could.

I worship my God as God and my Lord as Lord.

There is a difference between them friend.

I only have one God and it is not the man who was born in Bethleham.

Sent from my iPad using TOL
Can you admit that you might be wrong? Is that possible?

glorydaz

Yes, all throughout the OT, we see Jesus referred to....here as the Lord of Hosts in Isaiah. Also in that chapter you'll see Immanuel (God with us), the same name our Lord is called in Matthew.

Romans 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.​

Isaiah 8:13 Sanctify the Lord of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. 14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. 15 And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.​

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Isaiah 8:8 And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.

Unfortunately, for many, He is the stone upon which they stumble....denying He is the Lord of Hosts, Creator, Redeemer, Immanuel, "OUR GOD", and Saviour.

Too bad they refuse to listen...unteachable and filled with stubborn pride. :nono:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The WORD was IN Jesus.

The Word IS Jesus.

Start with Heb 10;5

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Who needed a BODY prepared for him?????

Keypurr, there's a difference between having a body prepared and having a human being prepared. Which does this verse say was prepared?

God has no limits but he said he sent his SON.

How does that go against what I've been saying? God the Father sent God the Son to live on this earth.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

That agrees with what I've been saying this entire time, Keypurr.

I disagree

Disagreeing with the truth makes you wrong, Keypurr. You can't argue with the truth. You'll lose every time. You really are emotionally invested in this. Otherwise you would have admitted you are wrong, at least on this point.

Answer the question above.

No, Keypurr, you answer my questions.

He can, but did he mean Jesus??? No he did not.

Yes, He did, and you cannot prove otherwise, yet I have shown you over and over again USING SCRIPTURE that the Son, the Word, and Jesus are the SAME PERSON.

What does "manifested" mean to you? It means to MAKE KNOW. The Son was here to make know God.

Who better to make known God but God Himself, in fact, the best way for God to make Himself known would be to send the express image of His person, His Son, Jesus Christ, the living God.

Keypurr, if the Father is God, and Jesus is God, and the Father sends the Son, Has God not manifested Himself in the flesh?

Has not God made Himself known by the Father sending the Son?

Manifest means to show or to prove.

Jesus stated that "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father."

That's a statement of evidence. Jesus is living proof that God exists, because He IS God.

The WORD is a form of God, Phil 2

Keypurr, What would it take for a being to claim to be God and be correct?

The word became one with the man, what part of that do you not understand?

What part of "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us" do you not understand?

O God could equal A god.

No Keypurr. The Greek says "THE God." In fact, it says "the God" twice, once about the Son and once about someone else (either the Father or the Holy Spirit, and I'm leaning towards the Holy Spirit). Greeks were polytheistic, so saying "The God" can only be referring to the ONE TRUE GOD.

Ask yourself why 'O God" is used. Try "O Elohim"

Because Elohim is Hebrew, and the passage was written in Greek. Hebrew wasn't used to write most of the New Testament, especially not this passage.

That's why.

"It is clear that the person addressed as "o God" is not God Almighty but the king, because of what is said later: God Almighty is the king's own God and has "anointed' him with oil........"
"from "When did Jesus become God, by Bart Ehrman"

This coming from someone who says that the Church has lied about Scripture.

Not only are you a liar, a heretic, stubborn, and probably not a Christian, but you're a hypocrite too.

ALL of my arguments have been purely Biblical, and you revert to using commentary from someone who is clearly not using Scripture as his guide to understanding scripture, but his own opinion.

You HYPOCRITE!

ASSUME,ASSUME, ASSUME

No, Keypurr, no assumptions. That's how logic works. If A=B and B=C, then A=C.

SEE ABOVE

You have no argument, do you?

THANK YOU FOR PROVING MY POINT.
Jesus received the Spirit (logos) at his anointing.

*facepalm*

Jesus was anointed BY the Holy Spirit, just like a prophet would anoint a king in the Old Testament.

Again there is no proof of a trinity, speculation at best. And you should not use a questionable verse to prove your point
Keypurr, EVERYTHING I'VE SAID SO FAR IS PROOF OF THE TRINITY!

And now you have the audacity to question SCRIPTURE?!

Your point? Are you using the wrong Bible?

Says the one who has to revert to COMMENTARIES to try to make his point!

[QUTOE]Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit, WHO IS GOD!

No but you are.

All you can do at this point is insult me, is that it? Because you have nothing to stand on.

If Christ did the work of this Father why are not they both redeemers?

What?

Both God the Father and God the Son are called "Redeemer" by SCRIPTURE.

It means bot first to be born and preeminence. If all things were made through the SON, he had to be first to be born of all creatures, just as it says.

No, It doesn't, Keypurr. Once again, you ignore the context in favor of your own theology.

FORGET YOUR THEOLOGY! Look at what scripture says, and believe that. Look at the context of what is being said, and don't try to read your ideas into Scripture. Let it speak for itself.

You have yet to prove that Jesus is God.

Keypurr, not only have I done so already, but I've done it MULTIPLE TIMES USING ONLY SCRIPTURE!!

Christ (logos) is the express IMAGE of his creator. Name amy image that is not created.

I have already addressed this. It's not my fault you don't bother to read what I have said.

Nope again, your assuming again. The spirit Son was at the creation to do what he was told to do.

No, Keypurr. The Son IS GOD.

Read what I said again. If that verse says that the Son created all things, and Genesis 1 says that GOD (ELOHIM) created all things, they can't both have created all things unless they were the same person. If A=C and B=C, then A=B

No Keypurr. Not "a god." The God of the Universe.

1Co_11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The head of a household is the father, and the son submits to the father. Just like Jesus submits to His Father. But that does NOT mean that Jesus is not God. But all of that is irrelevant, because that's not what the passage is talking about. It's talking about Head coverings. (NO, not whether it's ok to wear a hat in church or not or if women should have long or short hair, but that a man is a covering for a woman, and Christ is the covering for man, that when another man looks at the woman, he sees the man, and when God looks at man, He sees Christ.) Don't try to rip things out of context Keypurr.

So you discard this verse then?

No, Keypurr, I embrace it for the reason I stated above.

!

The WORD came to Jesus with POWER at is anointing. Acts 10:38

So no comment on what I said about the baby in the womb?

Keypurr, Read Acts 10:38.

how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. - Acts 10:38 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts10:38&version=NKJV

Where do you see the "Word" in that verse?

It's not there, is it?

There's the Holy Spirit, there's power, but no Word.

I doesn't as far as I know.

Then why in the world would you use John 14:10 to say that the Word was in Christ? If it says the Father (who is not the Word) is in Christ, then why change "Father" to "Word"? At best it's dishonest.

Nope it does not,

Yes, it does, Keypurr.

746758520640f4f5aea028f6c1d0586c.jpg

I think it is a translation error.

You can think that all you want, that doesn't make it a translation error. It was translated correctly.

"a god", and it is not Jesus in question.

The Word is Jesus (John 1:14). God is the Word (John 1:1). Therefore Jesus is God.

That is about the logos and Jesus.

Why do you think that the Son and Jesus are two different people? Why? There's no proof of it, no evidence, and NO ONE ELSE BUT YOU BELIEVES IT.

Do you not plan on responding to the rest of my post, where I use Revelation to show that Jesus is the one calling Himself God? Or do you concede that point?

keypurr

Guess you have to ignore this verse, then, don't you, Keypurr?

How many verses must you ignore or pervert to maintain your pride in your own understanding?

That's really what this is about, isn't it?

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

I do not ignore any verse. God sent his son to be the Lamb.

keypurr

Why does she kick against the goads? :nono:

It isn't a question of believing what any church does. It's a question of knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as God, Saviour, Redeemer, and the Holy One of Israel. You don't, so you do not yet know Him. It comes with the territory. Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. The Lord our God is ONE LORD. You will confess it....I just pray it isn't too late when you do.

But the Lord Jesus is not God. You live in a fantasy world. Jesus was SENT by his God. How many Gods do you have?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Neither verse proves your point.

They prove his point quite well.

Acts 10:38 proves mine. Jesus was given power. Thats the WORD.

The word used for "power" is literally "power." there's no hidden meaning there.

298842ba6715b3b816e42c8906c44ba7.jpg

I am not concerned with the judgement that Christ will deal to me for he knows what's in my heart.

If what is in your heart does not match what is required, then it won't matter if you have the best intentions in the world. If you're wrong, you will be ground into powder.

I am not an unbeliever of scripture, but I do not believe in what the churches teach. There is much more to the Bible than what they teach.

Keypurr, as far as I'm aware, no one here is denying that the church should be teaching more of the Bible than what they are currently.

But that's not the issue here. You seem to think that because one church is wrong, then they're all wrong.

I do a pretty good job with my answers Clete, I just get tired of the same old question and the same old verses.

As someone who has been debating you the last few weeks, even taking your age into consideration, I can say you do a horrible job with your answers.

As far as being a man goes you do realize that it is me against all churches. I have the courage of my convictions friend. If you wish to be part of Satan's club, do so. I have been proven wrong many times but on this I am right.

Says the one who abandoned the church altogether in favor of his own understanding.

A Christian is a follower of Christ, I live by his words to the best of my ability. You believe in the body of Christ, I question if you know what it is. It is not sitting in church on Sunday (Satan's day) for a few hours every week. Its doing for his people, reflecting his love and sharing his truth that makes you a Christian.

I have expressed my love for YHWH and his Son for a long time on TOL, if you don't know that by now you never will.

Like Paul, I believe in one as God, the Father, and one as Lord, Jesus Christ. Was Paul a Christian?

keypurr

What? That's not the truth!

So when I say that I am Mary, that means I am God? Just because Jesus says I am in a sentence that doesn't mean he is God!

And if you understand Daniel, then you should know what the clouds of heaven are and you would know that Jesus comes from God but he isn't God.

And the Jews wanted Jesus crucified through envy they didn't like it that so many were following him.

Matthew 27

Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?*For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.

Also call me what you want, Jesus says that we will be called all manner of evil for his names sake, but as you judge, you are judged also. By the way I don't need to learn anything from you, you are not my teacher!

Anyway I have to go. Speak again soon God willing.

She will not understand you friend. She has no idea as to what you post.

keypurr

50 Names and Titles of Jesus:
1. Almighty One “…who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Rev. 1:8
2. Alpha and Omega“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” Rev. 22:13
3. Advocate – “My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.” 1 John 2:1
4. Author and Perfecter of Our Faith “Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Heb. 12:2
5. Authority “Jesus said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” Matt. 28:18
6. Bread of Life “Then Jesus declared, ‘I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.’” John 6:35
7. Beloved Son of God“And behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” Matt. 3:17
8. Bridegroom “And Jesus said to them, “Can the wedding guests mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? The days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast.” Matt. 9:15
9. Chief Cornerstone “The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief corner stone.” Ps. 118:22
10. Deliverer – “And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.” 1 Thess.1:10
11. Faithful and True“I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war.” Rev.19:11
12. Good Shepherd - “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” John 10:11
13. Great High Priest“Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.” Heb. 4:14
14. Head of the Church“And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church.” Eph. 1:22
15. Holy Servant “…and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence, while You extend Your hand to heal, and signs and wonders take place through the name of Your holy servant Jesus." Acts 4:29-30
16. I Am“Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” John 8:58
17. Immanuel “…She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel, which means 'God with us.’” Is. 7:14
18. Indescribable Gift“Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift.” 2 Cor. 9:15
19. Judge“…he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.” Acts 10:42
20. King of Kings“These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.” Rev. 17:14
21. Lamb of God – “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” John 1:29
22. Light of the World"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12
23. Lion of the Tribe of Judah“Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.” Rev. 5:5
24. Lord of All“For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Phil. 2:9-11
25. Mediator “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” 1 Tim. 2:5
26. Messiah “We have found the Messiah" (that is, the Christ).” John 1:41
27. Mighty One “Then you will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.” Is. 60:16
28. One Who Sets Free“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36
29. Our Hope “…Christ Jesus our hope.” 1 Tim. 1:1
30. Peace“For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,” Eph. 2:14
31. Prophet – “And Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor, except in his hometown and among his relatives and in his own household.” Mark 6:4
32. Redeemer“And as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth.” Job 19:25
33. Risen Lord “…that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.” 1 Cor. 15:3-4
34. Rock“For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.” 1 Cor. 10:4
35. Sacrifice for Our Sins “This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” 1 John 4:10
36. Savior “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:11
37. Son of Man “For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost." Luke 19:10
38. Son of the Most High“He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David.” Luke 1:32
39. Supreme Creator Over All “By Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.…” 1 Cor. 1:16-17
40. Resurrection and the Life “Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.” John 11:25
41. The Door“I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.” John 10:9
42. The Way “Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
43. The Word “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1
44. True Vine - "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.” John 15:1
45. Truth “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:32
46. Victorious One“To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.” Rev. 3:21
47. – 50. Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Is. 9:6

Show me where it says Jesus is God. I do not see it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
But the Lord Jesus is not God. You live in a fantasy world. Jesus was SENT by his God. How many Gods do you have?

We have one God. That's right. ONE.

One God, who is manifested in THREE PERSONS.

God the Father.
God the Son.
God the Holy Spirit.

keypurr

The Trinity

They prove his point quite well.

The word used for "power" is literally "power." there's no hidden meaning there.

298842ba6715b3b816e42c8906c44ba7.jpg

If what is in your heart does not match what is required, then it won't matter if you have the best intentions in the world. If you're wrong, you will be ground into powder.

Keypurr, as far as I'm aware, no one here is denying that the church should be teaching more of the Bible than what they are currently.

But that's not the issue here. You seem to think that because one church is wrong, then they're all wrong.

As someone who has been debating you the last few weeks, even taking your age into consideration, I can say you do a horrible job with your answers.

Says the one who abandoned the church altogether in favor of his own understanding.

He was anointed with POWER. HE was given the power that was in the logos spirit. The spirit of God (logos) went IN him. God was IN by way of the logos.

Open your eyes JR, Jesus was NOT born the Christ, he became the Christ. That is when God said that this was his Son.

Your blinded by the dark traditions that your not letting the light into your life. No one love the Lord Jesus more than I do, but he is not God. He has a God, the logos was the first of all creation (creatures).

Read the scriptures, Christ is a creature, firstborn of all creation.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I do not ignore any verse.

You have ignored every verse I have posted so far.

God sent his son to be the Lamb.

That does not conflict with the Trinity.
Show me where it says Jesus is God. I do not see it.

Try reading, for once:

Guess you have to ignore this verse, then, don't you, Keypurr?
Spoiler

How many verses must you ignore or pervert to maintain your pride in your own understanding?

That's really what this is about, isn't it?

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

And:

Spoiler
Actually, the first thing HE told them was that He was the Son of man, and if you were a Jew, you'd understand He was speaking of the prophecy from Daniel.

John 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.​

Daniel 7:13-14
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. 14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.​
Spoiler

If you don't look in the OT, you won't have a clue what you're talking about...which clearly, you don't. Just like John the Baptist came to prepare the way for OUR GOD. You ignore that, too, even though it's right there in Isaiah. Look this stuff up. Don't just parrot the same old thing and call it good.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.​

JESUS told them He was God. You just don't see it. Every time He said I AM the bread of LIFE, or I AM the Way, or I AM the Truth, or I AM the LIFE, or before Abraham was I AM. You don't know what the Jews understood from His saying that, but that is why they crucified the Lord of Glory. They fell to the ground when He claimed to be the great I AM. They crucified Him for claiming to be God Almighty.

John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

You're nothing but a silly little gentile that has barely read the gospels....you know nothing, and you refuse to listen and learn on top of that. Pride....foolish pride keeps you from seeing what is clearly shown you. It's the same thing with each of you Christ deniers. :nono:

Yes, its possible, can you do the same?

You have to prove that we are wrong, first. But you can't, because we use Scripture as our points. Therefore, you would have to refute Scripture, or at the very least, show that our interpretation of Scripture is wrong, to do so.

You haven't made any headway in that direction yet though...

We are human. But I sincerely think I am right on this one.

Yeah, well, you've already been proven wrong, so it doesn't matter what you think. The only thing that matters here is Truth. Not opinion.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
What? Who said that we have to believe in the trinity to follow Christ?

No one that I know of. I didn't say that, did you?

it says in Acts 11 that they were first called Christians in Antioch, and they were preaching the gospel not the trinity and not that we have to believe in a triune God to be saved!
The point is that there are things that you do have to believe. You don't get to just believe anything you like and still meaningfully call yourself a Christian or rationally consider yourself to be saved.

It clearly says in the bible Clete that to be saved we are to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and Jesus said that those who live by the will of the Father are they that enter into the kingdom of heaven. And i truly believe this. So who are you or anyone else to tell others they are not saved because they don't believe as you do?
If you think that this statement qualifies you as a saved Christian then you aren't saved either. The demons in Hell believe that Jesus is the Son of God, for crying out loud!

So no, you are not the one to judge who is and who isn't saved, that's for God to decide, we judge with the righteous judgment and that's the word of God and the life of Christ in and through us. And that's all we judge with. We speak the truth, live it out and leave the judging to God.
This is just so much juvenile silliness. You don't even do this! When you meet a Buddhist, do you presume him to be unsaved or do you leave that up to God to decide? When you drive by the meeting place of the cult that meets in your local area (Mormons or whatever) do you presume them all to be lost and separated from the true God or do you let God make that decision?

Words mean things, marhig! And I can read. The Christian faith is a whole lot more than a mere intellectual assent to the fact that Jesus is God's Son and our trying to submit ourselves to God's will. What a pathetically shallow understanding of the gospel. I agree that there are a wide range of varying beliefs within the Church and that some, if not most of them are minor differences that have little or no effect on whether that person is saved. But Christian doctrine is not so malleable that there isn't a point at which a line has been crossed taking one into place that can no longer rightly be called Christianity. Sometimes this line can be rather difficult to discern but most times it isn't hard at all and when there is a doubt, I give people the benefit of that doubt and presume that they are NOT saved. What good am I doing to someone who is on the wrong side of that line by presuming that they are saved or divorsing myself from the responsibility of even making the judment?

I'll ask you a question...

Why did it have to be Jesus who died? Why couldn't it have been someone or something else?

Resting in Him,
Clete

keypurr

You have ignored every verse I have posted so far.

That does not conflict with the Trinity.

Try reading, for once:

And:

You have to prove that we are wrong, first. But you can't, because we use Scripture as our points. Therefore, you would have to refute Scripture, or at the very least, show that our interpretation of Scripture is wrong, to do so.

You haven't made any headway in that direction yet though...

Yeah, well, you've already been proven wrong, so it doesn't matter what you think. The only thing that matters here is Truth. Not opinion.

None of these verses tell us Jesus is God. You must have a great imagination if you think that they do. Your still in the first grade of theology JR. Stop think as a kid and see what the words are saying.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He was anointed with POWER. HE was given the power that was in the logos spirit.

Wrong. The Holy Spirit anointed Him with power.

It doesn't say anything about God taking power from the Word and giving it to Jesus. Stop reading your theology into scripture.

The spirit of God (logos) went IN him. God was IN by way of the logos.

Again, STOP READING YOUR THEOLOGY INTO SCRIPTURE.

The Holy Spirit alighted on Jesus. That's what Scripture says. It DOES NOT say that the Spirit "entered" Him.

Open your eyes JR, Jesus was NOT not the Christ, he became the Christ. That is when God said that this was his Son.

Jesus became the Christ because "Christ" ("Christos") is Greek for Messiah, which is Hebrew for "anointed one." Jesus was anointed with Power.

"Christ" is not a separate person. It is a TITLE bestowed upon Jesus because Jesus was ANOINTED.

As for the timing of when God called Jesus His Son, IT'S IRRELEVANT! The entirety of Jesus' baptism happened in a few seconds, not minutes. SECONDS!

Your blinded by the dark traditions that your not letting the light into your life.

Leaning on your own understanding.

No one love the Lord Jesus more than I do,

Arrogance, pride, boasting.

but he is not God.

Anti-Christ.

He has a God, the logos was the first of all creation (creatures).

Lies, deceit, twisting of scripture.

Read the scriptures, Christ is a creature, firstborn of all creation.

More twisting of Scripture to satisfy your theology.

None of those attributes come from Christians.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
None of these verses tell us Jesus is God. You must have a great imagination if you think that they do. Your still in the first grade of theology JR. Stop think as a kid and see what the words are saying.

You are apparently blind. Forget imagination, you can't even see what's right in front of you.

Scripture calls Jesus GOD.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I am not concerned with the judgement that Christ will deal to me for he knows whats in my heart.
Yeah? Mormons say the same thing.

I am not an unbeliever of scripture, but I do not believe in what the churches teach. There is much more to the Bible than what they teach.
I'd have to agree with you on this one - for the most part.

I do a pretty good job with my answers Clete, I just get tired of the same old question and the same old verses. As far as being a man goes you do realize that it is me against all churches. I have the courage of my convictions friend. If you wish to be part of Satan's club, do so. I have been proven wrong many times but on this I am right.
Actually, no you're not right. Hitler and even Satan himself also had/have the courage of their convictions. It's only a virtue if your conviction are true.

A Christian is a follower of Christ, I live by his words to the best of my ability.
So do Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses.

You believe in the body of Christ, I question if you know what it is. It is not sitting in church on Sunday (Satan's day) for a few hours every week. Its doing for his people, reflecting his love and sharing his truth that makes you a Christian.
YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN!

You don't have the faintest idea what the gospel is!

I agree that going to church doesn't make you a Christian but Sunday certainly isn't Satan's day and being saved has nothing to do with what we do. The doing of Christianity is an effect, not a cause.

I have expressed my love for YHWH and his Son for a long time on TOL, if you don't know that by now you never will.
Mormons express their love for God and for Jesus all day long and twice on Sunday's. They'll all burn in Hell.

Like Paul, I believe in one as God, the Father, and one as Lord, Jesus Christ. Was Paul a Christian?

I wish you well Clete.
All Trinitarians do the same, Keypurr! There is no proof text you can reference that will disprove the Trinity doctrine. It doesn't exist. You're disproving something in your mind that seems to have nothing to do with what the doctrine of the Trinity teaches. What's more is that you are not open to correction on this. You insist that the Trinity doctrine is some form of poly-theism and the simple fact is that it isn't.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You call it stupidity that I spoke the truth?
You knew when you wrote this that this isn't what I was doing. That makes this yet another stupid thing you've said. You really need to think through what you're saying before you start shooting your mouth off. Make some effort to understand what someone is saying before jumping down their throat.

Jesus clearly says that the father is the only true God why shouldn't I believe him?
You should! Just exactly as do all Trinitarians.

What else can that possibly mean? What is the point you speak of then, that I've missed?
I just repeated it. Still don't get it?

It's pretty clear Jesus is praying to the father and he called him the only true God.
There isn't a Trinitarian alive (or dead) who would disagree!

What does that mean for your argument, marhig?

Think it through!

What does that mean?

Also, I personally don't feel that I need to put anyone on ignore, I trust in God to give me what to say, but if you feel the need to put me on ignore, then really you go right ahead.
The people on this site that are a complete waste of time outnumber everyone else by a large factor. I can't keep track of them all so I use the ignore list to segregate those who are not worth the time it takes to type these posts up (i.e. people who aren't interested in having rational, two-way conversations or who have proven incapable of it). So long as I can detect some iota of an attempt to be substantive, then there won't be a need to toss you in with the rest of the idiots that populate this website.

Right Divider

Body part
Ok, now just carry on to the next verse

John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 8:25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

Who did Jesus say to the Jews he was from the beginning of his ministry? God, or the Son of God?
The LORD Jesus Christ was with God in the beginning.

John 17:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(17:5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.