The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

If anyone wants to talk about all the scriptures I have posted, I would love to talk about them. I have to go for now. Hopefully I can come back soon to discuss the scriptures and not what you all think of me.

Rosenritter

What you are saying sounds insane to me. I gave many scriptures where GOD is called 'Father'.

Not using a normal King James you haven't. You're resorting to some version that inserts Capitalization After The Fact. Find where "Father" or "The Father" is used as a title, not a descriptive adjective in an analogy or metaphor.

Joh 16:27 KJV
(27) For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Like that, above.It's being used as a name, or a title. Something besides your repetitive posturing while ignoring counterpoint.

Rosenritter

If anyone wants to talk about all the scriptures I have posted, I would love to talk about them. I have to go for now. Hopefully I can come back soon to discuss the scriptures and not what you all think of me.

If you would stay out of the conversation we might be able to do that. Even when you are right about something, you hammer and yammer in such a fashion that you won't ever persuade someone because you have them on the defensive and mentally objecting to your irrational tactics.

Would you like a good example? Bright Raven entered the thread again a day or so ago. Look at how he was speaking. Mimic that.

God's Truth

If you would stay out of the conversation we might be able to do that. Even when you are right about something, you hammer and yammer in such a fashion that you won't ever persuade someone because you have them on the defensive and mentally objecting to your irrational tactics.

Would you like a good example? Bright Raven entered the thread again a day or so ago. Look at how he was speaking. Mimic that.

What is in you that makes you want to keep telling me about me? Can you stop yourself? You are doing a bad judge at judging me. You really should stop.

popsthebuilder

Whatever version you are using, it is capitalizing "Father" with theological gloss. Look at the King James, it's in lowercase. The question wasn't whether God is pictured in the role of a father, the question was whether God was being addressed by the title of "The Father."

Isa 64:8 KJV
(8) But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

God is no more using the title of "The Father" in that passage than he is using a title of "The Potter."
Not so silly.

Don't overlook such obvious things; "LORD" in all caps indeed refers to GOD almighty.

I must be the one missing something.

If so then disregard with correction please.

God's Truth

I don't consider myself a teacher. I share what I know of the glory days of being a member of the body of Christ. Were I a foot, I'd kick you to the curb for a long vacation.

You make yourself out to be a teacher. Now do you think you are teaching God's Truth, or Satan's lies?

glorydaz

What? Mimic one another?

Everyone put on their pretty little church going outfit and say nice things? :chew:

Much better to have a person put off their spiritual pride, and see what lies underneath the whitewash.
We have enough of people pretending to be what they aren't just to keep the assembly happy.

glorydaz

You make yourself out to be a teacher. Now do you think you are teaching God's Truth, or Satan's lies?

I don't make myself out to be a teacher.

I simply share what the Lord has shown me from the Scripture.
Like most people do here on this forum.

My advice to you would be to move to the back of the classroom, cause you, Gut, are no teacher....not even a substitute, not even a janitor, not even a cross walk guard.

marhig

0. Ah, sorry about that. I had asked that of Jamie in a different forum.
1. I infer that you would also say that Han Solo is Harrison Ford.
2. I see your answer above, Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones

But Question 3 is where I was going with this.
3. Is Indiana Jones is Han Solo? Both of them are Harrison Ford, but is one the same as the other?

You could have one being, yet "we" or "our" might be dependent (or appropriate) depending on the frame of reference being used. I don't mean the "royal we" in this case, where one person speaks in the plural because they reign over others. I mean specifically because of the unique situation described in the gospel where Jesus (whom is called God in multiple places, and in Revelation identifies himself by the unique names of God) ...

It says that his own knew him not. We know that he had to go to the cross (and he rebuked Peter for offering to prevent it) and how would this have happened if Jesus had displayed the power that he had, or summoned even one of his legions of angels? Given that in the gospel context Jesus was willing to allow people to make their own conclusions and speak with indirection, the pronouns may be confusing.

There is a principal however, that one is always allowed to down-state their rank and position, but never to increase it beyond its actual level. Jesus does not deny being a prophet, because he is that and more. Jesus does not deny being the Messiah, because he is that and more. Jesus does not deny being the Son of God, because he is that and more. Jesus did not deny being God, he accepted worship and the confession of Thomas. and come the book of Revelation, the Revelation of Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ reveals himself as God, using titles that would be blasphemy for any other to assume.

I was using the Harrison Ford example to illustrate a communication slip that I was sensing. Jesus is not the Father, the Father is not Jesus, in a matter of speaking. These distinctions don't appear until the New Testament because there was no reason for them yet in the Old. We didn't call the creator "The Father" but rather YHWH (Jehovah). The New Testament tells us that the name of the Creator is Jesus.
it's ok, I thought maybe it was that :)

Anyway, Jesus summoning one of his legions of Angels? Christ is over the angels because he has been given the authority of God.

1 Peter 3

who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him.

Matthew 26

Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

And Jesus isn't the father look

Luke 22

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.*And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

So Jesus can't be the father if he prays to the father, to me it's clearly shown in the Bible that they are separate, there are so many verses to show this that it's undeniable!

Here's another one

John 12

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

John 3

"The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.

Ephesians 1

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory[,/b], may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,And what*is*the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set*him*at his own right hand in the heavenly*places,Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come

God's Truth

I don't make myself out to be a teacher.

I simply share what the Lord has shown me from the Scripture.

Say it that way then. So do you think you are sharing God's Truth, or Satan's lies?
Like most people do here on this forum.

My advice to you would be to move to the back of the classroom, cause you, Gut, are no teacher....not even a substitute, not even a janitor, not even a cross walk guard.

I don't go by what you say. I go by what Jesus says.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I know, now tell us why.

Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

marhig

Indiana Jones is in subjection to Harrison Ford, not the other way around.
Harrison Ford doesn't call himself "we" and" our" he'd be a schizophrenic if he did!

And when Jesus says "we" and "our" he is referring to himself and the father. Not that he is the father!