The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

jsanford108

No, you want to drag yourself into this; otherwise, you would not have made any comment about the comment.

Agreeing with gt's premise, you, jsanford108, are saying that your WORKS (obedience) will result in your salvation, which is totally contrary to what God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) declares.

Jesus said, ‘It is finished’. His finished work does not need your works to save you. He can save anyone all by Himself.

No OBEDIENCE needed TO BE SAVED only and exclusively BELIEVE. Only believe in Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary TO BE SAVED.

Which thinking about is the same thing you say being that you agree with gt's premise as you yourself wrote:

First, I was simply going to make the praise comment, then leave it be. However, you and Truster just had to make a comment about my direct praise to GT, thus, it is aggravating circumstances which brought me into this conversation.

Second, I have never seen GT say that "obeying saves." Thus, my comment that GT has never said such a thing.

Third, to address your points that mitigate my own. Let us work through your quote.

"you, jsanford108, are saying that your WORKS (obedience) will result in your salvation:" This is not what I said. This is a false application that you are claiming I made. I said that "faith needs works to sustain it." Faith must come first. However, it is our works that sustain that faith (James 2). By making a false conclusion (Straw Man) you are easily able to demolish it, however, examining the conversation easily reveals that that is nothing close to what I claimed.

"contrary to what God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) declares. Jesus said, ‘It is finished’. His finished work does not need your works to save you. He can save anyone all by Himself.:" This is actually false as well. Christ, Himself, said to keep His commandments (John 14). Christ also discussed works and "fruits" (which are works; no reputable biblical scholar would disagree) many times, as illustrated in Matthew 28:20, John 8:51-52, as well as John 14 through 15. To also demonstrate the Holy Spirit declaring the same, through the Epistle writers, we can read James, 1 John, and 2 John. So, no, I simply stated what God had already declared. You simply argued against it.

"No OBEDIENCE needed TO BE SAVED only and exclusively BELIEVE. Only believe in Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary TO BE SAVED:" As demonstrated above, utilizing Scripture, this is false. If all we had to do was believe, why did Christ give us commandments and tell us to keep them? Why would He give us the parables of the fruits? After all, both bearers of bad fruits, as well as no fruits, are cast out. This further shows that this statement, made by you, is not based in Scripture.

In conclusion, the "faith alone" doctrine is quite contrary to Scripture; specifically the teachings of Christ and His Apostles. I have defended "faith sustained by works" salvation, not "works alone" salvation. I have defended my claim, effectively utilizing Scripture to demonstrate my claim and how it is based solely on the Teachings of Christ and His Apostles. Lastly, a faith+works doctrine does not deny the Trinity, in fact, it relies solely on it. Without the Trinity, there can be no Salvation or imparting of grace. It is grace alone that saves us. It is by our faith we know Christ, and through works, we sustain this faith, in order to keep us close with Him, until we are united with Him eternally.

God's Truth

No Calvinist can give the scripture that says God saves unbelievers.

There is not even one example in the whole Bible of God saving someone while they did not believe.

God's Truth

As for the trinity doctrine, there are three, but the three are one and the same not different and separate as the trinitarians teach.

The trinitarians say the Father is not Spirit, Jesus is not Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is their proxy.

That is a false doctrine.

I can prove with scripture that Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

lifeisgood

Okay okay, I get it; you think the teachings and example and Way that is the Christ is not for the salvation of guidance or man; only blood; got it.... Calm down

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

I do not have to calm down as I have not gotten angry yet. Irked sometimes, yes.

What did you specifically do to be saved?
What obedience did you bring to be saved?
What did you ADD to the 'It is finished' of Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary to be saved?

God's Truth

To be saved?

The New Testament means the New Covenant.

Covenants with God are ONLY MADE when the people DO EXACTLY as God says.

Deuteronomy 29:1 These are the terms of the covenant the LORD commanded Moses to make with the Israelites in Moab, in addition to the covenant he had made with them at Horeb.

9 Carefully follow the terms of this covenant, so that you may prosper in everything you do.

12 You are standing here in order to enter into a covenant with the Lord your God, a covenant the Lord is making with you this day and sealing with an oath, 13 to confirm you this day as his people, that he may be your God as he promised you and as he swore to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. 14 I am making this covenant, with its oath, not only with you 15 who are standing here with us today in the presence of the Lord our God but also with those who are not here today.

19 When such a person hears the words of this oath and they invoke a blessing on themselves, thinking, “I will be safe, even though I persist in going my own way,” they will bring disaster on the watered land as well as the dry. 20 The Lord will never be willing to forgive them;

Did you read that?

When entering a covenant with God, we must do exactly as God says.

The person invokes A BLESSING ON THEMSELVES, but since they continue to go their own way---God will NEVER FORGIVE THEM.

WE MUST REPENT OF OUR SINS to be forgiven and to enter into the covenant of His blood.

lifeisgood

So your position is that GOD came exclusively to kill himself and be a payment to himself for all the sin that man had by nature through creation?

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

God's Son came to pay a debt you and I cannot even begin to think to come close to paying (the wages of sin is death).

God in His pleasure decided that the shedding of the perfect blood's life of His Son was the payment He desired. Why? I do not know.

Aren't you happy I am not god? I would have destroyed every single one of my creation, that is if I was god, and started a robotom creation that would obey me just because. I am gloriously happy I am NOT god and God decided to redeem one of His creation as such a one as me.

I cannot bring anything to be saved by God. I must believe He has provided the way of His salvation - Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work at he Cross of Calvary so that He can save me.

lifeisgood

God did not nail obedience to the cross.

TO BE SAVED He did. He is the ONLY ONE who OBEYED God PERFECTLY.

The only thing puny little ones such as myself can do is receive what He desired to provide to ungrateful, undeserving human being such as yourself and myself.

However, you deny Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work at the Cross of Calvary as the exclusive way to receive His salvation. Remember, gt, it is His salvation, He does not need any of us to ADD anything to what He Himself said 'It is finished.'

lifeisgood

We are saved by doing what Jesus says

When was the last time you sold everything you have.

and we stay saved by continuing to obey.

We stay saved by continue to BELIEVE that Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work at the Cross of Calvary has saved us.

You keep on forgetting that SALVATION is ALL OF GOD, you, gt, had absolutely nothing to do with His gift; neither did I.

When you do something to receive a gift, it no longer is a gift.

lifeisgood

First, I was simply going to make the praise comment, then leave it be. However, you and Truster just had to make a comment about my direct praise to GT, thus, it is aggravating circumstances which brought me into this conversation.

Second, I have never seen GT say that "obeying saves." Thus, my comment that GT has never said such a thing.

Third, to address your points that mitigate my own. Let us work through your quote.

"you, jsanford108, are saying that your WORKS (obedience) will result in your salvation:" This is not what I said. This is a false application that you are claiming I made. I said that "faith needs works to sustain it." Faith must come first. However, it is our works that sustain that faith (James 2). By making a false conclusion (Straw Man) you are easily able to demolish it, however, examining the conversation easily reveals that that is nothing close to what I claimed.

"contrary to what God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) declares. Jesus said, ‘It is finished’. His finished work does not need your works to save you. He can save anyone all by Himself.:" This is actually false as well. Christ, Himself, said to keep His commandments (John 14). Christ also discussed works and "fruits" (which are works; no reputable biblical scholar would disagree) many times, as illustrated in Matthew 28:20, John 8:51-52, as well as John 14 through 15. To also demonstrate the Holy Spirit declaring the same, through the Epistle writers, we can read James, 1 John, and 2 John. So, no, I simply stated what God had already declared. You simply argued against it.

"No OBEDIENCE needed TO BE SAVED only and exclusively BELIEVE. Only believe in Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary TO BE SAVED:" As demonstrated above, utilizing Scripture, this is false. If all we had to do was believe, why did Christ give us commandments and tell us to keep them? Why would He give us the parables of the fruits? After all, both bearers of bad fruits, as well as no fruits, are cast out. This further shows that this statement, made by you, is not based in Scripture.

In conclusion, the "faith alone" doctrine is quite contrary to Scripture; specifically the teachings of Christ and His Apostles. I have defended "faith sustained by works" salvation, not "works alone" salvation. I have defended my claim, effectively utilizing Scripture to demonstrate my claim and how it is based solely on the Teachings of Christ and His Apostles. Lastly, a faith+works doctrine does not deny the Trinity, in fact, it relies solely on it. Without the Trinity, there can be no Salvation or imparting of grace. It is grace alone that saves us. It is by our faith we know Christ, and through works, we sustain this faith, in order to keep us close with Him, until we are united with Him eternally.

And then you say you do not want to drag yourself in.

Just one question jsanford108, what do you ADD to Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary for Him to save you?

jsanford108

The Trinity

And then you say you do not want to drag yourself in.

Just one question jsanford108, what do you ADD to Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary for Him to save you?

I add nothing. I simply follow His commandments, which He instructed us to do in order to maintain and ensure our salvation.

There are more issues present in your question, however, if you make a thread on this topic of salvation, I would gladly take part in it.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL