The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

Define "godlike powers".

Jesus inherently had God power, as He was always God. See John 1.

The idea that "God can make an exact copy of Himself" is NOWHERE found in scripture. God always makes it clear that He is the ONE AND ONLY.

Isaiah 46:9 (KJV)

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,​

Jesus was given the POWER at his anointing. Acts10:38

God created his exact image in Heb 1:3, Col 1.

That was not Jesus speaking in Isaiah.

You just don't get it RD. Your in over your head.

Apple7

Owned...

Owned...

So you're saying that Dr. Ehrman's findings and opinions 21 years ago are no longer valid? I guess Galileo's observations that the earth orbits around the Sun are "out-dated and out-moded," right? Please.

:beanboy:

His personal blog is so clear and vivid....you have no choice but to believe it.

Think twice before referencing him for your worldview...as you will be utterly destroyed at the door step...again, and again...

Apple7

That's not what he said 21 years ago. He knows better.

Indeed, Bart knows that John 1.1 proclaims Jesus as God.

Einstein came up with his theory of relativity 100 years ago. Does that make it "out-moded"? Pasteur realized that germs that cause infections could be eliminated by washing hands, at least 100 years ago. Is his realization "out-dated"? Copernicus saw that the earth rotated around the Sun 500 years ago. Is his observation archaic, useless, and of a bygone era? LOL.

This is the best rebuttal you can come up with?

Comparing Biblical exegesis to scientific discoveries?

You're more desparate than I thought...

KingdomRose

Can you provide the link so that we can all understand?
I wasn't trying to impress anyone, merely pointing out that Matthew 16:18-19 and John 21:15-17 ground the Holy See in Scripture, and the Holy See is unequivocally Trinitarian.

I would love to provide a link, but I don't know how to do it. My kids haven't taken the time to show me yet.:) I'm presently "old school." I go to the library and look things up.:D

Matthew 16:18,19 doesn't show anything about a trinity, and John 21:15-17 doesn't either. Would you explain your reference to them?

We know that the See is trinitarian. They also contradict themselves all the time, and have for centuries. Yet they will stick to their doctrines, even if shown to be false, because tradition takes precedence over sola scruptura.

KingdomRose

I get the deity of the LORD Jesus Christ from the Bible, keypurr.

Compare Zechariah 14 with Acts 1 until you understand just who HE is.

What is there about Zechariah 14 that shows your points to be accurate? Remember, wherever "the LORD" appears, that is where the Tetragrammaton (YHWH) is supposed to be, as is obvious in the original Hebrew. So "LORD" in all upper-case letters actually reads "YHWH" or JEHOVAH.

Now, how are we to compare that with Acts 1? Please explain.

KingdomRose

Who was He before He became a man. Figure that out and you will have truth instead of error.

I have to agree with KeyPurr. And, further, I believe that Jesus was a spirit person before coming to earth as a man, living for untold eons with his Father and the angels. He is the only-begotten Son of God (that is, the only intelligent being created by Jehovah alone), created all other things with his Father (using the Father's power), and wouldn't bat an eyelash when asked to come down here to save the world. He is our reigning King, and soon he will destroy all of the world's governments and set up his own over the earth. That is the Kingdom he instructed us to pray for. (Matt.6:9,10)

:king:

KingdomRose

KEYPURR said,

Christ had godlike powers given to him. He is the exact copy of the Father, t
he firstborn of all creatures.
===================

Actually, he had them taken away.

He qualified to get them all back and more.

He was the First Human Being to Be Resurrected in a Physical Body

and we may be also and eventually have Eyes of Fire Too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of mankind will remain here on Earth in paradise conditions, eternally. We will be perfect, happy, healthy people in wonderful surroundings. (Psalm 37:9-11, 29)

And I get a different impression from reading the Scriptures, about Jesus' body. It looks to me like Jesus was resurrected in a spirit body.

"For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that he might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit." (I Peter 3:18, NASB)

KingdomRose

Define "godlike powers".

Jesus inherently had God power, as He was always God. See John 1.

The idea that "God can make an exact copy of Himself" is NOWHERE found in scripture. God always makes it clear that He is the ONE AND ONLY.
Isaiah 46:9 (KJV)

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,​

Your main trinity scripture is John 1, and it has been taken apart and explained many times! I can explain it once again if you wish.

God never made an exact copy of himself. What he did was bring into existence another spirit person that reflected God's awesome attributes. He mirrored the Father, God, by always copying His ways. He delighted in drawing close to the Father, any way he could.

"He is the image of the invisible God." (Colossians 1:15, NASB)

Jesus said: "The Son can do nothing of himself, unless it is something he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner." (John 5:19, NASB)

keypurr

I have to agree with KeyPurr. And, further, I believe that Jesus was a spirit person before coming to earth as a man, living for untold eons with his Father and the angels. He is the only-begotten Son of God (that is, the only intelligent being created by Jehovah alone), created all other things with his Father (using the Father's power), and wouldn't bat an eyelash when asked to come down here to save the world. He is our reigning King, and soon he will destroy all of the world's governments and set up his own over the earth. That is the Kingdom he instructed us to pray for. (Matt.6:9,10)

:king:

I do not see Jesus as the spirit son who was at the creation. I see Jesus as a man born to Mary who did not exist until he was born. However the spirit son, express image, was the son at the creation and was the first of all creation for all was created through him.

keypurr

Your main trinity scripture is John 1, and it has been taken apart and explained many times! I can explain it once again if you wish.

God never made an exact copy of himself. What he did was bring into existence another spirit person that reflected God's awesome attributes. He mirrored the Father, God, by always copying His ways. He delighted in drawing close to the Father, any way he could.

"He is the image of the invisible God." (Colossians 1:15, NASB)

Jesus said: "The Son can do nothing of himself, unless it is something he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner." (John 5:19, NASB)

Consider these verses friend, God did indeed make a exact copy of himself.

Hebrews 1:3

(ASV) who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

(BBE) Who, being the outshining of his glory, the true image of his substance, supporting all things by the word of his power, having given himself as an offering making clean from sins, took his seat at the right hand of God in heaven;

(Bishops) Who beyng the bryghtnesse of the glorie, and the very image of his substaunce, vpholdyng all thynges with the worde of his power, hauing by him selfe pourged our sinnes, hath syt on the ryght hande of the maiestie on hye:

(CEV) God's Son has all the brightness of God's own glory and is like him in every way. By his own mighty word, he holds the universe together. After the Son had washed away our sins, he sat down at the right side of the glorious God in heaven.

(DRB) Who being the brightness of his glory and the figure of his substance and upholding all things by the word of his power, making purgation of sins, sitteth on the right hand of the majesty on high:

(ESV) He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(Geneva) Who being the brightnes of the glory, and the ingraued forme of his person, and bearing vp all things by his mightie worde, hath by himselfe purged our sinnes, and sitteth at the right hand of the Maiestie in the highest places,

(GNB) He reflects the brightness of God's glory and is the exact likeness of God's own being, sustaining the universe with his powerful word. After achieving forgiveness for the sins of all human beings, he sat down in heaven at the right side of God, the Supreme Power.

(GW) His Son is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of God's being. He holds everything together through his powerful words. After he had cleansed people from their sins, he received the highest position, the one next to the Father in heaven.

(ISV) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word. After he had provided a cleansing from sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Highest Majesty

(KJV) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

(NAS77) And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high;

(NASB) And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NET.) The Son is the radiance of his glory and the representation of his essence, and he sustains all things by his powerful word, and so when he had accomplished cleansing for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

(NIrV) The Son is the gleaming brightness of God's glory. He is the exact likeness of God's being. He uses his powerful word to hold all things together. He provided the way for people to be made pure from sin. Then he sat down at the right hand of the King, the Majesty in heaven.

(NIV) The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

(NKJV) who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NRSV) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NRSVA) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(TNIV) The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

(YLT) who being the brightness of the glory, and the impress of His subsistence, bearing up also the all things by the saying of his might--through himself having made a cleansing of our sins, sat down at the right hand of the greatness in the highest,

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I do not see Jesus as the spirit son who was at the creation. I see Jesus as a man born to Mary who did not exist until he was born. However the spirit son, express image, was the son at the creation and was the first of all creation for all was created through him.

Congratulations !! That makes you a Trinity believer !!!

keypurr

Congratulations !! That makes you a Trinity believer !!!

Not so, I believe that only the Father is uncreated, he is the only true God.

His spirit son is a created god, given the power of his Father.

The Holy Spirit I do not see as a person but as a force.

I have one God, the Father and one Lord, Jesus Christ.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Nope, it's settled, you are a trinity believer, congratulations !

Apple7

Nope, he doesn't

John 1:1 is not really about Jesus. Its about the logos.

Let's make the font large enough for you to see it this time around...:)

bartehrman_100x100.jpg

Bart Ehrman January 7, 2013

I don’t have an informed view of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, although it’s true that Arians believed that Jesus was God but not that he was equal with God the Father or co-eternal with him. John 1:1 — I think the proper translation is “The Word was God.” (In this Gospel Jesus appears to be equal with God — here I disagree with the Arian view — but he is not *identical* with God, a major point I think.)

http://ehrmanblog.org/my-next-book/

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The Holy Spirit is not a force. Do you disregard Acts 5:3-5?

JosephR

Let's make the font large enough for you to see it this time around...:)

speaking about your signature...

some dude named... um BART..in 2013. "thinks" he knows the translation?:confused:

i imagine talking with a Scientology convert who believes what some guy named Ron... lol ol Ron says,will yield the same results...