The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

KingdomRose

1 Timothy 3:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.

No, most translators know today that "God" was introduced into the verse by later copyists. "[It] cannot be original, as shown by the character of the manuscript (ms) attestation--the earliest and superior mss all support the relative "WHO." (The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture, Bart Ehrman, p.78.) Therefore it should read:

"And it is agreed that great is the well revered mystery, WHO was manifested in flesh, exonerated in spirit, was seen with angels...[etc.]" (21st Century New Testament

BIG DIFFERENCE, EH? Further....other versions:

"Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of our religion: HE was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels...[etc.]" (Revised Standard Version)

"No one would deny that this religion of ours is a tremendous mystery, resting as it does on the one who appeared in human flesh, was vindicated in the spirit, seen by angels...[etc.]" (J.B. Phillips/ The New Testament in Modern English)

"And who does not admit how profound is the divine truth of our religion?---it is HE who was manifest in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels...[etc.]" (James Moffatt Translation)

"And great beyond all question is the mystery of our religion: HE was manifested in flesh, vindicated in spirit, seen by angels...[etc.]" (The Revised English Bible)

"Undeniably great is the mystery of devotion, WHO was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the spirit, seen by angels...[etc.]" (The New American Bible)

"Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is very deep indeed: HE was made visible in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels...[etc.]" (The New Jerusalem Bible)

See...so many with no mention of "God" being manifest in the flesh! So many versions translating "who" or "he," not "God." Two more versions that do not use "God".....

"It is quite true that the way to live a godly life is not an easy matter. But the answer lies in Christ, WHO came to earth as a man, was proved spotless and pure in his Spirit, was served by angels...[etc.]" (The Living Bible)

"No one can deny how great is the secret of our religion! HE appeared in human form, was shown to be right by the Spirit, and was seen by angels...[etc.]" (The New Testament in Today's English Version)

And one version that shows "God" in the translated verse, but then makes a note in the margin: "an earlier ms text reads "WHO." (The Orthodox Study Bible)

There are many more versions that I could include here, but with what I have quoted already, I think you can see that "God" is a corruption, and most modern versions refer to an earlier ms than what the KJV translators had. As a result, "God" is not included in the verse.

:think:

KingdomRose

26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Or the Orthodox Jewish Bible if you prefer the translation.

26 And G-d said, Let Us make man in Our tzelem, after Our demut: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon ha’aretz (the earth).
So what? Jehovah (Jesus' God and Father) said to His Son (Jesus), "Let us make man." Does that prove a trinity or even that the Son is equal to the Father?

:confused:

KingdomRose

:blabla:
Where did/does "the Church" say this?
2nd Corinthians 13:14 1st Peter 1:2
The Holy See is Trinitarian.

The Church says this in the encyclopedia that has received its imprimatur---The New Catholic Encyclopedia.

Is anybody supposed to be impressed that the See is Trinitarian?:vomit:

KingdomRose

Pops....

Thanks for sharing his personal beliefs with us.

However, when it comes to what scriptures states, and, as I have already shown, even Dr. Ehrman must confess that the Holy Bible mandates that Jesus is God.

Deal with it, old man....

:cigar:

That's not what he said 21 years ago. He knows better. Einstein came up with his theory of relativity 100 years ago. Does that make it "out-moded"? Pasteur realized that germs that cause infections could be eliminated by washing hands, at least 100 years ago. Is his realization "out-dated"? Copernicus saw that the earth rotated around the Sun 500 years ago. Is his observation archaic, useless, and of a bygone era? LOL.

:kookoo:

KingdomRose

Get some stronger readers, pops...

Take heed....and learn when to keep your personal views separate from what scripture actually states.

Scripture does not "actually state" that Jesus is God. Some translators have taken the trouble to study the way John constructed his sentence in the Greek language and then consider how the rules of grammar for English and Greek differ. They see that there is no definite article before "god" in the phrase "and god was the word." Therefore, that "god" was NOT "the" god that appears in the phrase "the word was with the god." If you look at an Interlinear you can see this fact. See that little article "TOV"? It isn't in front of "god" when "god" is referring to the word. That means that in English an indefinite article has to be put there to make a sentence that English speakers would understand. So, it is correct to say, "and a god was the word."

That is what the scripture actually states.

:idea:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus was Born.
Jesus died.

God was not Born and he can not die.

You guys are just don't think for yourselves.

It's just that, some of us believe in the Bible and some
of us, like you, enjoy adding your false doctrine to the
Bible. Actually, you're an enemy of God's written word
and His true Gospel. You're what they call a Heretic and
a false teacher.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Church says this in the encyclopedia that has received its imprimatur---The New Catholic Encyclopedia.
Can you provide the link so that we can all understand?
Is anybody supposed to be impressed that the See is Trinitarian?:vomit:
I wasn't trying to impress anyone, merely pointing out that Matthew 16:18-19 and John 21:15-17 ground the Holy See in Scripture, and the Holy See is unequivocally Trinitarian.

keypurr

When you meet that Lord in person and He asks you why you did not believe that He was the I AM, good luck.

I don't need luck, I got Christ, the Son of the only true God. He must love me for he became a man to die for me. You play follow the crowd. You fail to realize that the road to God is not wide and only a few are chosen. Your heart is in the right place but truth is to be found much deeper than you have gone.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't need luck, I got Christ, the Son of the only true God. He must love me for he became a man to die for me. You play follow the crowd. You fail to realize that the road to God is not wide and only a few are chosen. Your heart is in the right place but truth is to be found much deeper than you have gone.
I get the deity of the LORD Jesus Christ from the Bible, keypurr.

Compare Zechariah 14 with Acts 1 until you understand just who HE is.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who was He before He became a man. Figure that out and you will have truth instead of error.

Right Divider

Body part
Who was He before He became a man. Figure that out and you will have truth instead of error.
keypurr thinks that He was a creating being called "the Christ". He's a loon.

keypurr also thinks that this "Christ spirit took over Jesus' body". keypurr would never explain to me how what happened to the original spirit that lived in Jesus' body.

keypurr

I get the deity of the LORD Jesus Christ from the Bible, keypurr.

Compare Zechariah 14 with Acts 1 until you understand just who HE is.

Define deity.

Christ had godlike powers given to him. He is the exact copy of the Father, the firstborn of all creatures.

OCTOBER23

KEYPURR said,

Christ had godlike powers given to him. He is the exact copy of the Father, t
he firstborn of all creatures.
===================

Actually, he had them taken away.

He qualified to get them all back and more.

He was the First Human Being to Be Resurrected in a Physical Body

and we may be also and eventually have Eyes of Fire Too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right Divider

Body part
Define deity.

Christ had godlike powers given to him. He is the exact copy of the Father, the firstborn of all creatures.
Define "godlike powers".

Jesus inherently had God power, as He was always God. See John 1.

The idea that "God can make an exact copy of Himself" is NOWHERE found in scripture. God always makes it clear that He is the ONE AND ONLY.
Isaiah 46:9 (KJV)

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,​

keypurr

keypurr thinks that He was a creating being called "the Christ". He's a loon.

keypurr also thinks that this "Christ spirit took over Jesus' body". keypurr would never explain to me how what happened to the original spirit that lived in Jesus' body.

Your extremely limited in your theology RD. They thought Christ was a loon also.

Explain Hebrews 10:5 to us. What does it say?

What is the express image of God in Hebrews 1:3?

You have so much to consider in just these two questions.

Why didn't Jesus just fly down from heaven if he was at the creation?

Why was he born instead?

Why did Jesus say he was going to his God?

Why did he teach us to pray to his Father and not to him?

OCTOBER23

Keypur said,

Jesus was Born.

Jesus died.

God was not Born and he can not die.

You guys are just don't think for yourselves.
-------------------------------------------------
KEYPURR IS A FUNNY GUY

He must be putting us on.

He knows that JESUS Fulfilled many prophecies about him
and the Bible calls him GOD as the Angels Worship Him.

Keypurr thinks that God the Father cannot change JESUS into a Human Baby.

He does NOT Realize that JESUS was given Healing Spirit Energy from the Father

and that Energy was taken away so that JESUS could Die as a Human just like we die.

God the Father Raised him up just like we will be soon. = a NEW CREATURE /CREATION.
-----------------------------------------

JESUS HAS TO BE GOD OR HE CANNOT FULFILL HIS HUMAN ROLE ON EARTH.

The name Jesus means "Savior." It is the same name as Joshua in the Old Testament. It is given to our Lord because "He saves His people from their sins." This is His special role. He saves them from the guilt of sin, by cleansing them in His own atoning blood. He saves them from the dominion of sin by putting in their hearts the sanctifying Spirit. He saves them from the presence of sin, when He takes them out of this world to rest with Him. He will save them from all the consequences of sin, when He shall give them a glorious body at the last day.