The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

Sorry, I must have misunderstood your viewpoint. There's no need to get frustrated friend, simply point out my mistake, as you have done, and then clarify your be beliefs. From what you communicated I thought you believed in the trinity but not in the classical sense and do not believe that it is explicitly defined in scripture. And just to let you know, I've mentioned the term trinity in my last post to you, but my reasoning encompasses those who regard Jesus to be the Father and Almighty God too, I thought I made that clear in my past post

I have been saying that for the last several rounds of posts. If you didn't notice then it implies that I wasn't being heard as fairly and/or effectively as I hoped on other points. But it seems to be an inevitable sticking point in these types of conversations, so if we are past that it's a good thing. Thank you.

Please with a short definition state what you believe in regards who God is, who the Father is and who Jesus is.

For example:
Spoiler

Classical trinitarian: Believe in One God who is three persons, the Father, Son and HS, each of these persons is separate from each other, all are fully God but yet there is only One God. All persons are co-equal and co-eternal.

My belief: One God who is the Father (1 Cor 8:6), the Father is separate from the son ontologically. Jesus is the Fathers son in the sense that the Father created him (Col 1:15, Rev 3:14, Pro 8:22). The Son is NOT God almighty but is at times referred to as God the same way other persons in the scripture, who aren't God, are called Gods (1 Cor 8:5. Psalms 82:1, Psalms 8:5, 2 Cor 4:4, John 10:34, Exo 7:1).

In keeping with the short format examples provided: God a general term we use for the creator of all things that exist (Genesis 1:1, John 1:1-3); The Father is a name that Jesus used to refer to God while he was on the earth (John 1:14-18, John 4:21); Jesus was the manifestation of that God in the flesh on earth roughly two thousand years ago (John 1:10, 1 Timothy 3:16).

For your ease I have listed the main questions and points I posed in my last reply to you, there is no burden for you to answer but failure to do so would only imply to that you can't answer because my reasoning, regarding that particular point, is in line with what the bible teaches. I'm not trying to force you to stick to the format below, feel free to simply revert back to my previous post and reply according to that. The points and questions we were discussing in no particular order:

1. Please confirm that according to you "Jesus" in v5 (highlighted in the red) is the same person as the “the One who is and who was and who is coming" in v4(highlighted in green) even though they are distinguished from each other.

(Revelation 1:4, 5) "..John to the seven congregations that are in the province of Asia: May you have undeserved kindness and peace from “the One who is and who was and who is coming,” and from the seven spirits that are before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ.."

False.

In such a question format, any portion of falsity in the preceding statement (assumptions) renders the rest of the statement false and and resulting conclusions invalid. The flaw lies in the statement "... even though they are distinguished form each other." Were there such a distinction, that would make one exclude the other, then your question would be valid.

Revelation 1:5-7 KJV
(5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(6) And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
(7) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Many times things are listed together with "and" as a means of repetition or restatement from another angle. When you see verse 5, would you say that "Jesus Christ who is the faithful witness" is distinguished from "the first begotten of the dead" and also from "the prince of the kings of the earth?" And for your argument to be consistent, also you would need to say that "God" and "his Father" are distinguished from each other.

Your argument is contained in the assumption to which I have objected. The perception of merit depends upon omission of the relevant context which is still on its way in the next few verses.

Revelation 1:8, "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending" is identified both as "the Lord" and "which is, and which was, and which is the come" and "the Almighty.

Revelation 1:11-17 identifies "Alpha and Omega, the first and the last" as "he that liveth, and was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore."

So if you omit the relevant context, it's quite possible to make the scripture seem like it says a lot of different things. Take verse 4 by itself and omit the context, and it might seem like a succession of three unique items. Take the passage as it is written, as part of a whole, and it's as clear as A = B, B = C, therefore A = C.

2. In light of the fact that the KJV has added in phrases and words into its translation which are not found in any manuscripts prior to the majority texts, why is it you see it as better than what the evidence supports?

FALSE. Again, flawed leading question. The KJV has not added in phrases and words into its translation, it has translated words and phrases in its translation.

Please allow me to assist. Did you mean to ask, "why do you see the words and phrases found in the majority manuscripts as valid if they might not be found in one or more manuscripts that are estimated to as more ancient?" If you show that you can construct a question fairly, it might indicate that you would could digest the answer fairly as well.

I will give you a preview of an answer. "Older" or "more ancient" is not the proof or evidence of authenticity. In fact, those manuscripts consistently called "most ancient" are some of the most corrupt, evidenced even by crossing outs and corrections plainly visible on their face.

I own many different books, including the Book of Mormon and a couple New World Translations. These books remain in excellent condition (book of Mormon I got new, the NWT stayed in same condition as they were taken from Goodwill stores) and are likely to survive my King James. Why is this? I don't recognize them as legitimate, so they stay safe on the shelf. Real translations recognized by Christians get used, the originals wear out, and these are the ones that are reproduced, not the ones recognized as corrupt. Therefore, other factors are involved in determining the legitimacy of a reading, other than the claim of "most ancient."

3. If Paul, when writing Hebrews 7, was writing it from his own viewpoint, yet he understood Jesus was "Melchizedek" and a priest "forever", then why would he say Jesus became "another" priest if he understood Jesus to be that previous priest? I need an explanation that is void from speculation and assumptions.

Melchizedek was one priesthood, Jesus was another. I'll confess to playing computer games in times past, back when it required that one know how to use telnet form a Unix terminal. Within the same game, one might use names like "Fog" or "Sinder" and one was a warrior, and the other was another warrior, that doesn't mean that one can't honestly say that "Rosenritter" (the name that you know me as today) wasn't both Fog and Sinder then. Yet Fog wasn't exactly Sinder, and vice versa. It depends on what it is you are seeking to emphasize as to whether you would say they "were" each other or speak of them separately.

4. Were the angels represented "as Jehovah" according to the scripture I cited (Genesis 19:24), yay or nay? Please answer plainly without an escape clause ("may")

Nay. You were attempting to show this, but the closest you got was that the angels said that "we will destroy" the place.
5. In the statement found in Hebrews 1:1 of "Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets...in these last days has spoken to us by his Son", if we are to "take scripture for what it says", adding nothing to it as you suggest we do, do Paul's words indicate that God spoke by means of Jesus "long ago" or in the "last days"?

It indicates that God speaks to us through Jesus in these last days.

6. In regards to what I said about a specific text being applied to two persons, namely Israelite Kings and Jesus. In what I explained when an application is made to two persons, does the second application negate the initial application.

I am not persuaded that the alleged "initial application" was indeed an initial application. I suspect that you may be think that you may wish to seek a different "initial application" than the intended meaning, which was a prophetic reference to Christ. Your question presumes that I accept your interpretation of "initial application."

For example, does the secondary application made in reference to Jesus in Hebrews 1:5 mean that Jesus is the one being spoken of when King David applied the initial application to himself in Psalm 2:1-2,7,

I am not persuaded that the passage referred to King David at all. The text doesn't read at all to support such an assumption.

...or when it was applied to King David Acts 4:24-26

Acts 4 doesn't say that the passage applied to David, they said it was spoken by David. It always applied to Christ. Your argument at this point seems to be suspiciously created.

Acts 4:24-25 KJV
(24) And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
(25) Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?

...or when it was applied to King Solomon 2 Samuel 7:12-14; 1Chron 22:10; 28:6?

These do apply to King Solomon, but they do not apply to Jesus. There's no primary and secondary applications here either.

If it does not imply Jesus was the King being spoken of in those initial applications to Human Kings then why is it you say the secondary application made to Jesus in Hebrews 1:8 expresses that Jesus is the King being spoken of in the initial application found in Psalms 45:6 when it should be explicitly clear that the writer of Hebrews knowing King David and his line, foreshadowed Jesus, applied points that were said of them to Jesus but didn't intend the identity of the secondary application to envelop the identity of who was initially being spoken of.

It doesn't apply to human kings as initial applications, as I've already mentioned above in the in-line comments. The "If" clause invalidates the rest of the question as inapplicable. Regardless, I've lost where you're attempting to go with this.

Last edited:

Rosenritter

That's a very annoying signature. It takes up 90% of the space in my window and leaves about just enough for one line of text above it. I don't want to read flames against other people or irrelevant portions of other threads when I'm trying to stay on topic.

Look... Stupid in stereo!

@NWL ... like my signature?

Jehovah: ... Isaiah 43:11 and Luke 2:11
NWL... not true Jahovah! You used the term "Savior" in other ways than that.

Jehovah: Isaiah 45:5
NWL: You lie Jahovah! There's other God's! Just read EE's quote of my rebuttal to you. It's so groovy you have me to correct you and your bible, J-Hova!

So... you're an idiot @NWL

Jehovah says this... "Isaiah 42:8 "I am the LORD, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to graven images"

Graven is "Idol"... or "Created Idol"... and on that note... J-Duns "Idolize Jesus"...so "Idol"... and you call Him "Created". You sir... are biblically retarded and in serious trouble with Jehovah!

You say this...

Bottom line? I quote Jesus the Almighty "EloHIM" self... and you call Him a liar!

Your washed up, rebutted 10 fold and full of self righteous offense at my straight forward calliut of your heavy brainwashing.

Bottom line?

The WatchTower raped your mind and you now have "Stockholm" syndrome.

Yup...

- EE out and done with you, except to bring Titus 1:11 your way.

Rosenritter

Yes the word proskuneó (varient) is used, but proskuneó does not only relate to "godly worship" ...

I've heard the "proskuneo" argument a few times. I was poking a little fun at it, demonstrating how the same argument used the same way could just as easily be turned about to claim that "the Father" was not God.

Jesus accepts worship because we can only worship the Father by worshipping through Jesus, hence why he allows it (John 14:6).

Your argument doesn't make sense here. Why couldn't we worship God through worshiping Moses, or Peter, or his angels? Which, but the way, I will have to bring this up. You have identified yourself as representing the Official Jehovah's Witness doctrine. About four years ago, I was visited by a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses (three pairs in succession of each other, actually) and when I asked about Jesus, I was told that he was Michael the Archangel. You are telling me that the official doctrine is that Jesus is "a God." Was this team mistaken, or misleading in some way? Because we talked about this with the second group as well.

You state ONLY God can forgive sins, nowhere in the bible does it teach this, Jesus in fact told the apostles they could forgive sins, this certainly didn't make them God, so why claim it made Jesus God, our reasoning must be consistent for it to be credible.

(John 20:21,23) "..Jesus said to them again... If you forgive the sins of anyone, they are forgiven; if you retain those of anyone, they are retained..”

Jesus didn't deny the Pharisees when they said that God only could forgive sins. That would have been the perfect opportunity for him to correct them if they had stated wrong. Rather, he proceeded to take action, which fueled by their statement, had greater meaning. I admit that John 20:23 looks strange to me, but one unusual verse does not overrule the tenor of the former, nor the common sense that is contained in scripture and justice that only God can forgive sins against God. As such I expect to understand John 20:23 better at a future time.

I have a twin brother, we were once the same cell but then split into two cells, we are literal images of each other. My twin and I are certainly not the same persons are we? We are able to clone people today through science are we not, if I were to get your DNA and make a clone/copy of you, does that mean you and that clone/copy are the same person? Simply no.

You and your twin would be physical images of the other, you would not be the express images of each other. Identical twins differ in thoughts and character. You don't show that you "love the world" by just sending a twin brother of yours to take the heat. You show that you "love the world" by absorbing their transgression into yourself, and forgiving it yourself, that you might draw all men.

Romans 5:8 KJV
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 John 3:16 KJV
(16) Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

By denying Jesus (as the one True God) you lose the full meaning of the crucifixion, and fall short of realizing the extent of God's love.

If you are "the exact representation of a person" it goes without saying that you are NOT the person that you are the exact representation of, if you were the same person, then you wouldn't be a image of that person since you literally are that person. Being a copy/image of something implies you are NOT the thing that you image.

No, it doesn't go without saying (or else why would you say it?) Regardless, Rosenritter is the express image of someone that is trying to tell you something right now. Show him to you, you say? If you have seen Rosenritter, you have met him. Not the same person, you say? That is a matter of debate, or perhaps definition of your meaning of the word "person."

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Your "Jesus only" doctrine has been exposed.

You are no Trinitarian.

You lie and deceive.

LA

Ah yes... when LA is backed up against a corner... LA gets "snakey".

Riddle me this verse LA... if the Jesus only Docterine is lame...

John 5:39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.​

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Father is Spirit.

Jesus is Spirit.

There is only one Spirit.

Think about it some more.

The Father is the Father, Jesus is the Son. Think about that.

Matthew 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

God's Truth

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

God the Father is Spirit and came as a Son of Man in the flesh and He didn't pretend to do that.

keypurr

That Spirit of God that decended on him is the logos, the express image, the spirit Son who was at the creation. It came with power.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

God's Truth

They are two different entities.

I can hardly believe that you said that.

Jesus says his words are Spirit.

The Bible says Jesus IS the Spirit, and that there is only one.

Jesus says He only says and does what the Father does.

When you see Jesus, you can say you see the Father.

God's Truth

That Spirit of God that decended on him is the logos, the express image, the spirit Son who was at the creation. It came with power.

Jesus is the Spirit and baptized people even while he was in his mother's womb.

He was born and grew and lived as man.

Before he started his earthly ministry, the Holy Spirit came on him with power, not unlike it did to the apostles before they started their earthly ministry.

One must remember that there are three, and the three are one, which means the same.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can hardly believe that you said that.

Jesus says his words are Spirit.

The Bible says Jesus IS the Spirit, and that there is only one.

Jesus says He only says and does what the Father does.

When you see Jesus, you can say you see the Father.

Read my lips. JESUS IS NOT THE FATHER!!!

KingdomRose

Is the Trinity biblical?
Is the Trinity taught in the Bible?

NO to both questions.

Jesus showed that he was SUBORDINATE to the Father, Jehovah, not only while on the earth but even after he returned to heaven. Just three verses (though there are thousands more) turn the Trinity on its head (ha ha no pun intended).

1) Jesus said to his Father: "YOU are the only true God." (John 17:3)

2) Jesus said to the Apostle John: "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of MY GOD, and ...I will write on him the name of MY GOD, and the name of the city of MY GOD, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from MY GOD, and my new name." (Revelation 3:12, NASB)

3) A disciple of Christ said: "The head of the Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)

Just those three verses blow the Trinity to pieces. If Christ was "God," he would not HAVE a God, and he would not, naturally, have any God ABOVE him. With his own mouth he called the Father "God," and that would mean that there were not two individuals that were also "God" alongside Him. Any attempt to show that Jesus claimed to be God actually fall apart upon close examination. Jesus always refuted others' claims against him.

There is only ONE God, and that is Jesus' God and Father. (John 20:17)

KingdomRose

The scripture says the Word became flesh and WAS GOD.

No it doesn't. You, once again, distort what the scripture says. It reads: "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14, NASB)

There is no mention there of the Word being God. Not even in John 1:1 where it says that the Word was a god. There is a distinguishing between "the" God and "a" god in the Greek, and when we honor the proper methods of translating Greek into English we can discern this.