The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I've already answered the question. The Spirit is the same, the Spirit of God. The persons are different,

Indeed,

Otherwise... Jesus would be a sham and free salvation would be non-existent! Also... If God the Father Passed Away, When God the Son Passed away and "commended His Spirit into the Father's Hands"...

De-Creation would have instantly Occurred!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
She has more problems than that. She holds to the tenants of Modalism but claims she is not a modalist.

By not understanding the Scriptural difference between Father and Son... the Modalist denies the very mechanism that God seals us with (Eph. 1:13).

If God were Simply SPIRIT... He would have no Body... If God were just a Body... He would be "Dead". If the very "Spirit" didn't have "Breath"... We wouldn't be able to become a Living Soul.

To deny that God is Tri... as well as Une... creates room for catastrophic theological blunders!

Right Divider

Body part
The Holy Spirit is spoken of as distinct from the Father and the Son, even though they are all the SAME Spirit and the SAME God.

I realize that this is confusing for you.

Matt 28:19 (KJV)
(28:19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

of the.... AND of the.... AND of the....

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The Holy Spirit is spoken of as distinct from the Father and the Son, even though they are all the SAME Spirit and the SAME God.

(28:19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

AMEN!

Three Necessary... Creative Expressions of... Persons of... GOD... Under ONE NAME (Php. 2:8f)... for anything in scripture to make "ANY SENSE AT ALL"!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Why are you slapping your head? Say something. Use your words. Oh look, and Lon is following me around now giving anyone and everyone a thanks when they say or do something against me.

My post was concerning the differences in the definition of person verses soul.

Not if they have a spirit or not.

God's Truth

I told you the Spirit is the same, the persons are different. How many times do i have to tell you that.

You said they had different Spirits that is what you said.

Is his Spirit the Holy Spirit?

No, the Holy spirit is a different person. What you are speaking of is modalism.

Since you say they have the same Spirit that makes you as one going against the teachings of the trinity doctrine.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit do have the same Spirit. That is what I believe and teach.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You said they had different Spirits that is what you said.

Since you say they have the same Spirit that makes you as one going against the teachings of the trinity doctrine.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit do have the same Spirit. That is what I believe and teach.

Wrong the Spirit of God is one whereas God is three personalities.

God's Truth

Jesus is the Spirit that is what the Bible says.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

God's Truth

By not understanding the Scriptural difference between Father and Son... the Modalist

Go study more about what modalists believe because you keep thinking I am one because you do not know any better. TOL had a modalist not too long ago that used to post a lot and we had disagreements. It would be good for you to stop accusing me even after I told you I was not a modalist and why; but since you do not like doing what God wants you to do, go and study about modalists.

denies the very mechanism that God seals us with (Eph. 1:13).

God seals us with Himself.

If God were Simply SPIRIT... He would have no Body...

God does have a body, it is the body of Jesus Christ.

If God were just a Body... He would be "Dead". If the very "Spirit" didn't have "Breath"... We wouldn't be able to become a Living Soul.
You sound a little confused there. God's breath gives us a spirit, our breath gives us oxygen.
To deny that God is Tri... as well as Une... creates room for catastrophic theological blunders!
Try to pay better attention, even modalists believe that there are three.

There are three.