The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

OK, so there were just two, the Father and the Son.

Nice.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, Moses spoke with God face to face.

Yes, that's true, however, Jesus said, "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form." (John 5:37)

As you know, it was Christ who led the Father's firstborn son out of Egypt.

keypurr

Hi,

When Hebrews 1:2 says that Jesus "made the ages (AIWNAS)", it was referring to what happened as a result of him being "appointed heir of all things." The "ages" refers the people of faith from the previous "ages" (Hebrews 11:3) who were waiting to receive the promise of eternal life.

There's no reason to reverse the order in Hebrews 1:2 can claim that Jesus "made the ages" before he was "appointed heir of all things." Likewise, in John 1:10, it was because Jesus was "in the world" that "the world became through him."
It does not say Jesus made the ages. You assume to much. Jesus was born to Mary many years after the creation. He did not pre-exist.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Last edited:

keypurr

There was no "son" before Bethlehem. There was God, and when He spoke there was His word. His word did not have personal qualities until the incarnation.

I agree that God's word, as a means of communicating, was God's first creation. There is no need for "word" if there's no space-time. Word is a means of projecting thought and will across space-time, which itself is a creation of God.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
Heb 1 disagrees with you.

Last edited:

keypurr

Consider Peter, He said;

2 Peter 1:1New King James Version (NKJV)

Greeting the Faithful
1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

What does that mean Keypurr?
It means you have a God AND a saviour.

keypurr

Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
What was the son before he BECAME flesh?

Yahweh spoke the creation into existence...."Let there be light."

Jesus was Yahweh's word in a metaphorical sense, and not in a physical sense.. He didn't exist until he was born in Bethlehem.
And the spirit of God moved across the face of the waters. Who was that spirit? Consider his express image.

keypurr

The "word" (LOGOS) refers to the "eternal life" that was Jesus Christ himself (1 John 1:1-2). Where it says "the word (LOGOS) became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14), it may be referring to the time after the resurrection when the risen Jesus revealed himself to the disciples as "flesh and bones" (Luke 24:39) and "ate and drank" with them before he ascended into heaven (Acts 10:40-42).
Consider that the logos was IN Jesus. The spirit son does exist.

keypurr

John 1:1-3

John
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things WERE MADE BY HIM; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The it (the word) became a Him (according to John 1:14), so John is saying "all things were made by the word". There is no controversy here - "all things were made" is referring to creation. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth".

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
But the word is not Jesus.

The word is the true spirit son that became flesh in Jesus.