The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Everyone here already knows that Jesus is God, and He says so, in the first-person singular - even you.

The question posed to you, of which, you are running from, is...show us a verse which says plainly...'I, Jesus, am the Father'

Surely, you can find one verse that makes this clear declaration?

Or....do you have to mix a whole bunch of verses together to come up with your theology...?

You can't show a scripture that says plainly, "I Jesus am God."

I don't run from any of your questions.

God's Truth

I have shown the scriptures to you many times and explained in detail how Jesus is God the Father.

The Bible says there is ONLY one God and that He is the Father. Since Jesus is God, then he must also be the Father.

I have proved it with other scriptures too.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Philippians 3:21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Jesus' went to heaven and had the same glory he had before coming to earth. He had a glorious body.

The Lord Jesus' physical human body was glorified in the resurrection and He continues in that same body now and forever.

He certainly now has the glory which He shared with the Father before the beginning, but glory does not mean body.

Jesus is the theanthropos- GOD/man. GOD became human and carried that humanity up into glory in the heavens. He didn't come to annihilate humanity but to save it and preserve and lift it higher than it was when created in Adam.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father,

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

God's Truth

The Lord Jesus' physical human body was glorified in the resurrection and He continues in that same body now and forever.

He certainly now has the glory which He shared with the Father before the beginning, but glory does not mean body.

Jesus is the theanthropos- GOD/man. GOD became human and carried that humanity up into glory in the heavens. He didn't come to annihilate humanity but to save it and preserve and lift it higher than it was when created in Adam.

Jesus says with the SAME GLORY I had with you.

THE SAME.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have shown the scriptures to you many times and explained in detail how Jesus is God the Father.

The Bible says there is ONLY one God and that He is the Father. Since Jesus is God, then he must also be the Father.

I have proved it with other scriptures too.

I had a human father.
He was human.
Since I am human then I must be my father.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus says with the SAME GLORY I had with you.

THE SAME.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Same 'glory/doxa' but doesn't say anything about any same 'body/soma'.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
'Glory/doxa' in the scriptures is typically associated with 'light/brilliance'.

Luk_2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

God's Truth

Luk_2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

How do you think that disproves what I said?

Jesus has a glorious body.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why are you fighting it? Jesus is the First and the Last. What kind of body do you think he had in heaven before coming to earth?

I'm not fighting 'it', I'm disagreeing with you.

I don't know that the WORD needed a body in heaven.
The JW's believe that before the incarnation that Jesus was the spirit Michael in the heavens. Is that what you believe?

I believe that the preincarnate WORD manifested in a form that resembled man in the OT, known as the Angel of the LORD. I believe that before creation the WORD was infinite Spirit Being and had no need of a body.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Philippians 3:21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Jesus' went to heaven and had the same glory he had before coming to earth. He had a glorious body.

You don't believe that the Lord Jesus' human body survived the ascension into heaven, do you?
You can't believe that the Lord Jesus actually saved humanity, then, do you?

Well, that's what He came to do.
You have to believe that He failed in His mission.

I don't believe that He failed.

God's Truth

I'm not fighting 'it', I'm disagreeing with you.
Jesus was going to heaven and was going to receive a glorified body. Jesus says the glory he had with God before the creation of the world.
I don't know that the WORD needed a body in heaven.

God the Father lives in unapproachable light and no one has seen Him. God made Himself a body and spoke through that body---the Word.

1 Timothy 6:16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.
The JW's believe that before the incarnation that Jesus was the spirit Michael in the heavens. Is that what you believe?

No.

I believe that the preincarnate WORD manifested in a form that resembled man in the OT, known as the Angel of the LORD. I believe that before creation the WORD was infinite Spirit Being and had no need of a body.

God the Father made the plan for salvation to be through Jesus' body...the whole creation was made through that body.

God's Truth

John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

John 1:10
He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist.

Colossians 1:16
For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Hebrews 1:2
But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.

King James Bible
Revelation 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

God's Truth

You don't believe that the Lord Jesus' human body survived the ascension into heaven, do you?
You can't believe that the Lord Jesus actually saved humanity, then, do you?

Well, that's what He came to do.
You have to believe that He failed in His mission.

I don't believe that He failed.

What you say makes no sense. I do not say what you say I do. You shouldn't just make up things. You should be more careful about what you say about others. A person who cares about the truth is careful what they say about others.

God's Truth

Revelation 1:14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

"The Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet are like burnished bronze, says this: ‘I know your deeds..."--Revelation 2:18-19

Who is that fire in Jesus' eyes?

God the Father is inside Jesus.

God's Truth

Hebrews 12:29 for our "God is a consuming fire."

Exodus 24:17
And to the eyes of the sons of Israel the appearance of the glory of the LORD was like a consuming fire on the mountain top.

Deuteronomy 4:24
"For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 9:3
"Know therefore today that it is the LORD your God who is crossing over before you as a consuming fire. He will destroy them and He will subdue them before you, so that you may drive them out and destroy them quickly, just as the LORD has spoken to you.

Psalm 97:3
Fire goes before Him And burns up His adversaries round about.

Isaiah 33:14
Sinners in Zion are terrified; Trembling has seized the godless. "Who among us can live with the consuming fire? Who among us can live with continual burning?"

Rosenritter

Everyone here already knows that Jesus is God, and He says so, in the first-person singular - even you.

The question posed to you, of which, you are running from, is...show us a verse which says plainly...'I, Jesus, am the Father'

Surely, you can find one verse that makes this clear declaration?

Or....do you have to mix a whole bunch of verses together to come up with your theology...?

Who was speaking to Israel in the Old Testament? If you divide God into three (or more) persons, which one was speaking? I can't recall any one of them where God identifies himself and says "I am the Father" or "I am the Son" or "I am the Holy Spirit" ... that just wasn't the form of address or introduction used. Are you thinking of something I missed?