The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thank you for your answer. Can you help out a little more please? In Genesis Israel is told "there is One God" and in the gospels Jesus says "there is One God" ... assuming that both of these statements are correct, are these talking about the same God? (using "God" in the way you just defined it above.)

There is one God just like there is one United States, one nation under God with liberty and justice for all.

E Pluribus Unum.

Also, there is only one Denver Broncos.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I disagree that God came as Christ. God sent his son. Your tied to the misunderstandings of the church. Christ is the son of God not God.

Did Jesus have a body and a spirit? Did Christ have a body and a Spirit?

keypurr

There is one God just like there is one United States, one nation under God with liberty and justice for all.

E Pluribus Unum.

The New England Patriots love to play your Broncos.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Rosenritter

E Pluribus Unum.

Your answer confuses me. If you are speaking Spanish, United States means the country south of the Rip Grande. Plus the member states of the USA kept changing. Are you saying "God" is a group name, like the way James White does for his Trinity definition?

Rosenritter

I disagree that God came as Christ. God sent his son. Your tied to the misunderstandings of the church. Christ is the son of God not God.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app
Revelation 1:17-18 KJV
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: [18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Jesus disagrees with you.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you saying "God" is a group name, like the way James White does for his Trinity definition?

I never heard of James White so I have no idea how he defines the trinity.

I define the trinity as Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

And we are the personification of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.

keypurr

Revelation 1:17-18 KJV
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: [18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Jesus disagrees with you.

First and last what?

The Christ of God is not God.
The son of God is not God.
The son of a King is not the King.

Christ was sent by his Father to us. He did not come of his own accord, he came because of his love for his God.

God is not a name, it is a position. There is only one true God, Jesus Christ tells you that in John 17:3. Read the entire chapter. Jesus does not disagree with me at all. Christ is our mediator, our high priest. He paid the price to his Father for our sins.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God is not a name...

Human is not a name, it's a type of being.

Angel is not a name, it is a type of being.

God is not a name, it's a type of being.

And yes, there is one being who is the Most High (a comparative term).

keypurr

Human is not a name, it's a type of being.

Angel is not a name, it is a type of being.

God is not a name, it's a type of being.

And yes, there is one being who is the Most High (a comparative term).

So we agree that there is one true God and a few a gods.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The true son is a spirit that dwelled in the body prepared for him.

The Spirit of the Father dwells in the Son just like he does in us.

But the Father does not dwell in us or Christ bodily, just in Spirit.

Also, we are true sons and joint heirs with our Brother.