The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

Yeah, God's word would never say the Holy Spirit came as a mighty rushing wind either. Nor that He would come as cloven tongues like of fire to sit upon the apostles.

Acts 2:2-4 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.​

Silly me that I should even consider such a thing was possible with God. :doh:
You should tell your friend; she apparently thinks GOD is only capable of one thing at a time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Have you noticed how some go out of their way it seems, to show that plural descriptors are used for GOD within the ot, but they seem to disregard the vast majority of scripture that proclaims that GOD is One?
We don't disregard the scriptures that say GOD is one anymore than we disregard scripture saying that the two (Adam and Eve) are one flesh.

I wonder how many times in scripture that GOD speaks of GOD as a plural as opposed to a singular.
Once is sufficient.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You actually said that three separate persons did three separate things and when expounding on that you said the Holy Spirit took the form of a dove. Now; we all know what you meant, but the fact remains that people nor persons take the form of doves.

So you're saying that even though God took on the form of a servant (aka, a human), he cant take on the form of a dove?

Talk about limiting God...

You are avoiding me while accusing me.

That is very close to what it is you are actively accusing her of.

popsthebuilder

You're such a child in your understanding.

Even grammar has person. First person is I, second person is you, and third person is her. Go back to school, pops. You are still in need of the schoolmaster. Until you have faith, you will never know God.
Yeah, that's great and all, but we aren't speaking of grammatical rules devised by man; we are speaking of the very nature of GOD.

You know; GOD the all encompassing omnipotent omniscient Spirit that created all and through which all is subsisted?

That is the most lame argument I have seen in a while; person doesn't mean human because humans refer to themselves in separate persons to denote perspective, but when one suggests that the same is the case for the use of the word person by men to describe GOD, it too describes separateness through perspective.

I can find a verse that says specifically that GOD is one GOD, and another that says GOD is eternal and spirit.

Can you produce a single verse saying that GOD is person? (Which is indeed to limit GOD to attributes or qualities of a person or several separate people.

popsthebuilder

Pretty sure that's NOT what I said, and it's definitely not something I was implying.

I know exactly three.

God the Father.
God the Son.
God the Holy Spirit.

Because I have a relationship with the one God who is three Persons.

No; actually you are just reciting what you have learned through man.

And you said the Spirit in the form of a dove didn't dwell in Jesus. So I ask again; was Jesus anointed with the Holy Spirit or not? Perhaps you think the Spirit just visited Him?

Please attempt to explain where I am loosing you. I assure you it is not my intent to confuse you and I will try to clarify whatever I initially miscommunicated.

popsthebuilder

Whether or not you have a personal relationship with anyone does not mean that they are not persons.
Y'all need to get rid of those bizarre theories you have and start believing scripture when it clearly tells us of three distinct actions happening by three distinct persons.
Just as soon as you provide scripture showing GOD as three separate persons as opposed to simply adding words to sacred writ.

glorydaz

Yeah, that's great and all, but we aren't speaking of grammatical rules devised by man; we are speaking of the very nature of GOD.

You know; GOD the all encompassing omnipotent omniscient Spirit that created all and through which all is subsisted?

That is the most lame argument I have seen in a while; person doesn't mean human because humans refer to themselves in separate persons to denote perspective, but when one suggests that the same is the case for the use of the word person by men to describe GOD, it too describes separateness through perspective.

I can find a verse that says specifically that GOD is one GOD, and another that says GOD is eternal and spirit.

Can you produce a single verse saying that GOD is person? (Which is indeed to limit GOD to attributes or qualities of a person or several separate people.

:rotfl:

Such ignorance.

Is it this great omnipotent God that refers to Himself as a Father?

What is a Father, old timer? Have you been on this earth long enough to figure that out?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Holy Spirit wasn't a dove.
That is just some more of your nonsense teachings.
Matthew 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him.

2 Timothy 2:15 New International Version (NIV)

15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. :poly:

popsthebuilder

You have got to be kidding me.
Obviously you have not payed attention to all the threads GT has been in and filerbustered them all!
You really ought to keep your trap shut when you don't have a clue what has been going with GT for years, cause you are just looking foolish now.
Are we to hold a grudge?

Are we to stay in the past?

Your claim.

Your chance to prove she is lying.

But what do you do?

Get all but hurt at me for showing you an opportunity.

Super, great

Anyone up for peacable profitable conversation, or perhaps even actual debate, with some point and conclusion, other than the deriding of one for the gain of another?

You have your reward just like ole gd

popsthebuilder

So a crowd of people is made of different parts of one person?

Did you ever notice that whenever the Bible says God is ONE that it uses a word that indicates a plurality?

Every single time the plural noun "Elohim" is used in reference to YHWH it's always with a singular verb.
How does one not mean one again?

Could you explain it to me?

glorydaz

No; actually you are just reciting what you have learned through man.

And you said the Spirit in the form of a dove didn't dwell in Jesus. So I ask again; was Jesus anointed with the Holy Spirit or not? Perhaps you think the Spirit just visited Him?

Jesus was anointed by the Spirit as prophets, priests, and kings were anointed. Perhaps you should spend some time actually reading the Bible instead of thinking you have something to teach.

popsthebuilder

So you're saying that even though God took on the form of a servant (aka, a human), he cant take on the form of a dove?

Talk about limiting God...
I never said GOD couldn't do anything.

Quite the contrary actually.

I am very careful not to limit the capacity of GOD almighty.

Care to show where you thought I had?

God's Truth

You have got to be kidding me.
Obviously you have not payed attention to all the threads GT has been in and filerbustered them all!
You really ought to keep your trap shut when you don't have a clue what has been going with GT for years, cause you are just looking foolish now.

You still won't show any scripture I supposedly ignore.

Sounds like you are saying a lot of mean things about someone else that aren't true, just so you can get out of proving the untruthful things you said about me.