ECT THE STRAIT GATE...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As has often been the case in much of your posts of such cuts and pastes; great use of those kinds of tools; Tam :thumb:
Well, I can see why he would not welcome the definition of words come to light, considering Proverbs 18:17. And thus he plays the ignore card, so he doesn't have to deal with it.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Lk 13:24] Anyone who claims to have been saved has both found and entered through the strait gate. They are now on the narrow path that leads to life...

...This is about the experience of entering into life, eternal life and having the ability to worship in spirit and in truth.
The Christian has overcome (1 Jn 4:4). :straight:

Danoh

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it" (Mt.7:13-14).​

The ONLY way that anyone enters into life is by faith:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
(Jn.3:16).​

Agreed (I always told you I held some views on some things that you hold to)

At the same time, Israel's Believing Remnant - as members of the nation Israel and therefore under their nations' Covenant with God at Sinai, though Believing and therefore saved, have to endure unto the end; their nations' punishment, with them, see Daniel 9's prayer.

This is just one more aspect of the actual sense of...

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

They were going to need said power during their witness and its' coming persecution and resulting trying of their faith through said tribulation, til His return.

Note...

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Acts 4:1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them, 4:2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead. 4:3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in hold unto the next day: for it was now eventide. 4:7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this? 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,

Etc.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Regeneration takes place once and at that point in time the sinner knows, through trust, he’s been saved.

That's true (John 3:5, 8; Titus 3:5); but, there are many false converts.
elvis.gif

See:

Lordship

Jerry Shugart

At the same time, Israel's Believing Remnant - as members of the nation Israel and therefore under their nations' Covenant with God at Sinai, though Believing and therefore saved, have to endure unto the end; their nations' punishment, with them, see Daniel 9's prayer.

No, as soon as those who lived under the law believed then they possesed eternal life (Jn.5:24). And here is what the Lord Jesus said about those to whom He gives eternal life:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand"
(Jn.10:28).​

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
ha!
Loved that movie.
Loved the second one too when the character played by Jeff Goldblum said, "Oh sure, first it's all "Oooo and ahhhh". But then comes the running and screaming."

:chuckle: They're just not gonna get it until they're on this side of the dino droppings. Ac 28:27

Danoh

No, as soon as those who lived under the law believed then they possesed eternal life (Jn.5:24). And here is what the Lord Jesus said about those to whom He gives eternal life:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand"
(Jn.10:28).​

Read my post again...

Carefully...

Jerry Shugart

Read my post again...

Carefully...

I read it and you are misunderstanding what is meant by the words "endure to the end." Those words are not doctrinal but are found in a narrative and the salvation being spoken of a deliverance from physical death. The "end"is referring to the end of the great tribulation.

Those who endure to the end of the great tribulation will be delivered from dying physically.

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened" (Mt.24:13-22).​

DAN P

Do not give that which is holy to dogs.

Hi and who are the DOGS ?

They are the GENTILES , don't you KNOW is what Jews thought of them , so what are you ??

The CONTEXT of Matt 7:13 is the verb ENTER YE IN / EISCHOMAI is in the AORIST TENSE and places this context at Jesus earthly ministry !!

But , today I will throw my PEARLS to anyone who will ask or listen , an you just just are a CALLOW type of GUY , so listen up !!

Can you explain how you were saved , so do not brother to use Matt 7:13 !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Again, you misread INTO that post; Jer

It is you who do not understand what is being said in the "narrative" in Matthew 24:13. Of course you did not even attempt to answer what I said about the fact that the Jewish believers enjoyed eternal security just like we do.

The Lord Jesus told them that those who believed received eternal life (Jn.5:24) and He also said that those to whom He gave eternal life shall never perish (Jn.10:28).

Those things are summed up here:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​