ECT THE STRAIT GATE...

Truster

Anyone who claims to have been saved has both found and entered through the strait gate.
They are now on the narrow path that leads to life.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The strait gate is symbolic, but the experience is an absolute necessity. Does anyone even know what the strait gate represents? Can anyone give a definitive explanation of the experience of passing through? Can anyone give an expiation of what walking the narrow way involves?

Last edited:

Truster

After my conversion I was invited to various meetings and asked to give a testimony of salvation. To give a reason for the hope that is in me. A few times I was approached by old women who said exactly the same thing. "It's not how you start, but how you finish that counts". I remember thinking that they obviously had no confidence in the ability of the Almighty to keep a man unto the completion of his trust. 18 years later I know for an absolute fact that how you start is vital and a mistake or error in doctrine here nullifies anything and everything a man does. "Unless a man is born above he can neither see nor enter into the kingdom of Elohim”.
Most people think that regeneration is a process, but it’s not. Regeneration takes place once and at that point in time the sinner knows he’s been saved. All things have become new.

No man can finish a race unless he starts the race…selah.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

The strict gate is symbolic, but the experience is an absolute necessity. Does anyone even know what the strait gate represents? Can anyone give a definitive explanation of the experience of passing through? Can anyone give an explanation of what walking the narrow way involves?

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day" (Jn.6:40).​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Strait Gate is the difficult one filled with tribulation.
For he who endures to the end.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Does anyone even know what the strait gate represents? Can anyone give a definitive explanation of the experience of passing through? Can anyone give an explanation of what walking the narrow way involves?

The strait gate symbolizes Jesus Christ. He is the "door" of the sheepfold. (John 10:7-9) Passing through is the miracle of regeneration (Matthew 25:10): resurrecting from spiritual death to new spiritual life according to His call, and it involves thereafter permanently abiding in Christ and He in the believer through the indwelling and shepherding of His Holy Spirit.

Truster

I repeat:

Please don't bother posting opinions or denominational comments. This is about the experience of entering into life, eternal life and having the ability to worship in spirit and in truth.

Danoh

The Strait Gate is the difficult one filled with tribulation.
For he who endures to the end.

Interesting phrase that...

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

In contrast to...

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

The Body's is deliverance FROM the wrath to come.

In contrast Israel's Believing Remant's is saved THROUGH said wrath to come - saved THROUGH it, by Him.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

Mathhew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

As with, say, their great Prophet Daniel - who had had to endure to the end that phase of Israel's COLLECTIVE punishment WITH his nation; this trying of their faith as they endure in faith throughout said trial; not only actually saves them from the temptation to fall away during said trial; but further purifies and strengthens their faith.

Hebrews thru Revelation is this very issue throughout.

Thus, all the wording in Hebrews, for example, about chastening, and the need to endure; and about their greatest examples of enduring through such trials.

And specially the Hebrews writer's supreme example unto them - the Lord - like unto His brethren; tempted in all points as they; yet faithful for the joy He'd kept His majestic eye on.

See also, Malachi three and four.

The sense is he that shall endure unto the end; the same shall be saved from falling...unto the end...through said enduring...

Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Note how that another aspect of said enduring of theirs has to do with the issue of the reward of THEIR inheritance.

Not the inheritance as said reward, rather; it's higher priveleges within said reward - the issue of higher privelege in rank within said inheritance.

The issue of crowns or ranks and authority in their Kingdom that the Lord had been able to enable in said saint, who in his having been faithful had allowed the Lord freedom to work His perfect work in them - that greater reward in the saint, to the Lord's glory...alone.

There is much to learn from within how things work within the Prophetic aspect of God's TWO-Fold Purpose that sheds much light on how things work within the Mystery aspect.

Even greater, much wider, and even sharper and faster refinement is possible; where we look at all things in life - one secular event or another; or a movie, or things in books, you name it; through said TWO-Fold lens.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you not ashamed of the pretence you make?
No pretense.

Do you not feel any shame at not knowing what it is you keep professing?
I know what I profess.

Do me a favour and just scroll past rather than type inane comments.
I'm not here to do you favors.

The Strait and narrow gate is the difficult one.

narrow

G2346
θλίβω
thlibō
Thayer Definition:
1) to press (as grapes), press hard upon
2) a compressed way
2a) narrow straitened, contracted
3) metaphorically to trouble, afflict, distress
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: akin to the base of G5147

STRONGS definition:
Akin to the base of G5147; to crowd (literally or figuratively): - afflict, narrow, throng, suffer tribulation, trouble.

Truster

No pretense.

I know what I profess.

narrow

G2346
θλίβω
thlibō
Thayer Definition:
2) a compressed way

STRONGS definition:
Akin to the base of G5147; to crowd (literally or figuratively): - afflict, narrow, throng, suffer tribulation, trouble.

Wow, you can cut and paste.

Danoh

So you haven't passed through either.

Not hers to pass through - not this side of Israel's temporary blinding and setting aside.

Tam's is....

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

As yours should be, if it is not.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Danoh

No pretense.

I know what I profess.

narrow

G2346
θλίβω
thlibō
Thayer Definition:
2) a compressed way

STRONGS definition:

As has often been the case in much of your posts of such cuts and pastes; great use of those kinds of tools; Tam :thumb:

Jerry Shugart

OK, so you haven't got a clue.

It is you who obviously do not know how a person enters into life:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it" (Mt.7:13-14).​

The ONLY way that anyone enters into life is by faith:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
(Jn.3:16).​