The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Love's will.......................

Love's will.......................

6: Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. It is, in fact, the one thing that still stands when all else has fallen.

This excerpt from 1st Corinthians makes it irrefutable that God's Love has no bounds or limits.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

At last we contemplate Point #6,....that being the eternal will and power of LOVE. All begins with and ends with love, and if so, one of the most important things we can ever be encourage to know...is love's will.

Can we bear to really intuit what love is, its very essence and nature ? After all, since God is love, then 'love' is the single most essential reality that we can seek to know, realize and experience in relationship to our selves and others. Love is the fundamental principle, the seminal law at the heart of reality, from which all creation springs and is motivated by. As we contemplate love, let us consider what the will of love is. If we can know love's nature and character, then we can know its motivating principle in both time and eternity. What is love's most essential and perfect will for you? Make this personal. Look into your heart of hearts, and in that center of your conscience, where God's inward laws inhere, - see also this image and likeness of God in the soul of every mortal, so that to reflect on that light within, is to bear in mind the reflected light of all soul-mirrors in the cosmos, since each are individualized units of God. This primal love is indivisible, but infinitely individualized as YOU. Now consider love's original and ultimate WILL for each soul created in God's image and likeness, with all the divine potential within that image and likeness, all the meaning and value that such an individual offspring of Deity could contribute to reality (the evolving cosmos), and more. There is no limit in infinity. When considering infinite love,...there is no limit, restriction, boundary, lack or impotency of love's power to bring about its will, to fulfill its purpose in creation, to maximize its potential into actualities in all its relationships, and to further innovate and unfold new nuances of possibility, keeping hope alive and faith invigorated towards new worlds of opportunity, new frontiers of service. Love includes the all of eternity, all of creation, all souls. Love could be no less...or will no less.

View attachment 25262

daqq

At last we contemplate Point #6,....that being the eternal will and power of LOVE. All begins with and ends with love, and if so, one of the most important things we can ever be encourage to know...is love's will.

Can we bear to really intuit what love is, its very essence and nature ? After all, since God is love, then 'love' is the single most essential reality that we can seek to know, realize and experience in relationship to our selves and others. Love is the fundamental principle, the seminal law at the heart of reality, from which all creation springs and is motivated by. As we contemplate love, let us consider what the will of love is. If we can know love's nature and character, then we can know its motivating principle in both time and eternity. What is love's most essential and perfect will for you? Make this personal. Look into your heart of hearts, and in that center of your conscience, where God's inward laws inhere, - see also this image and likeness of God in the soul of every mortal, so that to reflect on that light within, is to bear in mind the reflected light of all soul-mirrors in the cosmos, since each are individualized units of God. This primal love is indivisible, but infinitely individualized as YOU. Now consider love's original and ultimate WILL for each soul created in God's image and likeness, with all the divine potential within that image and likeness, all the meaning and value that such an individual offspring of Deity could contribute to reality (the evolving cosmos), and more. There is no limit in infinity. When considering infinite love,...there is no limit, restriction, boundary, lack or impotency of love's power to bring about its will, to fulfill its purpose in creation, to maximize its potential into actualities in all its relationships, and to further innovate and unfold new nuances of possibility, keeping hope alive and faith invigorated towards new worlds of opportunity, new frontiers of service. Love includes the all of eternity, all of creation, all souls. Love could be no less...or will no less.

View attachment 25262

What an awesome way to complete seventy-two pages. :)

daqq

Ah, an interesting and significant number at that ;) - I'm sure you could expound.......

Hey friend, sure, I'll expound just a little. :)

There are seventy-two nations in the "table of nations", (Genesis 10, that is, by my count anyways), and there are seventy-two sent ones in Luke 10, (not seventy), just as there were likewise seventy-two upon whom the Spirit rested in Numbers 11, when you count Eldad and Medad who remained in the camp, (for they were men having been *written*). Moreover, when Messiah sends forth the seventy-two in Luke 10, these are the twelve with the Spirit seated upon them; just as the Most High took of His Spirit which was upon Moshe and put the "residue" of His Spirit upon the seventy-two in Numbers 11, (including Eldad and Medad who remained in the camp). The Spirit in this sense is likened to the Seraphim, (be wise like Seraphim but harmless as doves), and the Seraphim are as shown in Isaiah 6, "six wings to the one", (and 6x12=72). So even your image file is fully in agreement with the symbolism and allegory of the love of Elohim Most High for all nations, (which are seventy-two).

When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when He separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the people according to the number of bnei Yisrael, (Deuteronomy 32:8), and 6x12=72, that is, six wings to the one Spirit upon the twelve tribes of Yisrael. Thus Yisrael in Messiah is the light of the love of Elohim sent forth to the seventy-two nations of the world!

So you see that your post above is absolutely stunning to me in that light, for I know you were not thinking of such things when you posted what you did, (closing out seventy-two pages and starting anew, (2x72=144)), and as I said, even your choice of image file is the perfect match for the whole symbolism. I would not wish to derail the course of the thread but could not resist mentioning what I saw. :)

reformedmonk

!!!Tally Update!!!

[MENTION=5671]nikolai_42[/MENTION] has much to evaluate and consider

[MENTION=19559]reformedmonk[/MENTION] has stepped up to the 6 swords and is possibly coming to test his theological metal.

[MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION] is contributing excellent points of evaluation.
[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] is still my friend... and I proudly call him my Brother "In" Christ.

# This concludes today's Tally Update.

Sorry, I'm not on this board enough to really get into a fight that serious. I only meant to point out that the position you posited as reformed was really hyper-Calvinism. Which takes it too far.

I could go at it low and slow, but this thread (if it's the right one) is way to long for that.

God's Truth

Sorry, I'm not on this board enough to really get into a fight that serious. I only meant to point out that the position you posited as reformed was really hyper-Calvinism. Which takes it too far.

I could go at it low and slow, but this thread (if it's the right one) is way to long for that.

All Calvinism is false; whether you want to call it hyper, five point, four point, etc.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

Yes, probably more against the 'hyper' form,...but if you read this whole thread (recommended),..you'll see that even classical normitive Calvinism can be constested, especially concerning 'preterition', see my commentary on that. In any case,....we've carried various points on in our 'Free Will' thread as well. Yes,...taking time to get into threads may take a 'time-investment',...especially with very large threads.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Hey friend, sure, I'll expound just a little. :)

There are seventy-two nations in the "table of nations", (Genesis 10, that is, by my count anyways), and there are seventy-two sent ones in Luke 10, (not seventy), just as there were likewise seventy-two upon whom the Spirit rested in Numbers 11, when you count Eldad and Medad who remained in the camp, (for they were men having been *written*). Moreover, when Messiah sends forth the seventy-two in Luke 10, these are the twelve with the Spirit seated upon them; just as the Most High took of His Spirit which was upon Moshe and put the "residue" of His Spirit upon the seventy-two in Numbers 11, (including Eldad and Medad who remained in the camp). The Spirit in this sense is likened to the Seraphim, (be wise like Seraphim but harmless as doves), and the Seraphim are as shown in Isaiah 6, "six wings to the one", (and 6x12=72). So even your image file is fully in agreement with the symbolism and allegory of the love of Elohim Most High for all nations, (which are seventy-two).

When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when He separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the people according to the number of bnei Yisrael, (Deuteronomy 32:8), and 6x12=72, that is, six wings to the one Spirit upon the twelve tribes of Yisrael. Thus Yisrael in Messiah is the light of the love of Elohim sent forth to the seventy-two nations of the world!

So you see that your post above is absolutely stunning to me in that light, for I know you were not thinking of such things when you posted what you did, (closing out seventy-two pages and starting anew, (2x72=144)), and as I said, even your choice of image file is the perfect match for the whole symbolism. I would not wish to derail the course of the thread but could not resist mentioning what I saw. :)

The divine syncronicity is truly amazing :) May the Lord Jesus bless you.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Sorry to have to tell you the truth again but the truth is that telling you the truth is not hating you.

: )

I changed it to "at theological odds with one another"

I am now guilt free for going back and forth with you over convictions. Only God is "Truth". So... um... We can discuss our understanding of God as a two-way street of opinion and agree to disagree as friends.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The truth is that EE does not love the Truth, proving that Truth claims no part of EE.

Just the way it is . . .

No OP contribution... shocker!!!

Jesus IS the Truth.

I claim Ephesians 2:8 and further more claim (Romans 8:9). You opinion is noted...

You are basically telling me Jesus isn't in me... but... John 3:8

; )

Ask Mr. Religion

&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stand for Something Or Fall For Everything

Stand for Something Or Fall For Everything

The truth is that EE does not love the Truth, proving that Truth claims no part of EE.

Just the way it is . . .
Anyone that would offer the hand of fellowship in the faith to an Arian is confused at best, in rebellion against God at worst.

In the world it is called Tolerance, but in hell it is called Despair for it is the sin that believes in nothing, cares for nothing, seeks to know nothing, interferes with nothing, enjoys nothing, hates nothing, finds purpose in nothing, lives for nothing, and remains alive because there is nothing for which it will die.

For me, Christ's words (Luke 12:51) disprove any notions that Jesus came to unite all humanity (godly and ungodly) into a single "universal brotherhood of man." Rather, He divided them as they have never been divided before.

AMR

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Anyone that would offer the hand of fellowship in the faith to an Arian is confused at best, in rebellion against God at worst.

In the world it is called Tolerance, but in hell it is called Despair for it is the sin that believes in nothing, cares for nothing, seeks to know nothing, interferes with nothing, enjoys nothing, hates nothing, finds purpose in nothing, lives for nothing, and remains alive because there is nothing for which it will die.

For me, Christ's words (Luke 12:51) disprove any notions that Jesus came to unite all humanity (godly and ungodly) into a single "universal brotherhood of man." Rather, He divided them as they have never been divided before.

AMR

(1 John 4:8; 1 Corinthians 13:1-13; 1 John 2:2; Acts 17:22-34; Romans 4:5)

And... My favorite...

Matthew 9:11-13

11 When the P’rushim saw this, they said to his talmidim, “Why does your rabbi eat with tax-collectors and sinners?” 12 But Yeshua heard the question and answered, “The ones who need a doctor aren’t the healthy but the sick. 13 As for you, go and learn what this means: ‘I want compassion rather than animal-sacrifices.’ For I didn’t come to call the ‘righteous,’ but sinners!”

Matthew 11

18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ But wisdom is justified by her children.”

Shall we "hear" AMR's Opinion? Or, shall we "Believe" Jesus' Revelations?

#OP is now FULLY supported, Un-refuted and bolstered by ToL's Head Calvinist's words.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Yep . . .

ed67d87bd7685c9357cbf9a54189d245.jpg

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Video Lecture series.............

Video Lecture series.............

~*~*~

Here is a 3-part video presentation by Dr. Jerry L Walls - be sure to watch 1st and 2nd video linked - just click back to video #1 and watch chronologically. (shared in RP's 'John Calvin's Nazi God' thread).

Also, I highly recommend this video as an intro. Jerry Walls slays some fundamental flaws in Calvinism with precision, which show it to be an inconsistent and morally reprehensible theology as regards the nature of God and his will to save all. He gives some awesomely clear illusrations that totally 'slays' its so called 'systematic logic' -

:thumb:

daqq

~*~*~

Bump

Yes, for the benefit of [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] no doubt! Here is my rehash concerning Total Depravity for Lon's perusal, which is now from two Calvinist threads, this one and another where these replies were posted with what will be found from Enoch at the bottom of this post, (from the other thread). I will leave most of it outside the quote boxes so that it may be responded to if Lon so desires.

Your "original sin" happened the first time you willfully sinned, just as everyone else, and before that day you were innocent. Just because all sin, and all fall short, does not translate into the "original sin" doctrine which most use primarily for theologic purposes.

Deuteronomy 1:39 ASV
39 Moreover your little ones, that ye said should be a prey, and your children, that this day have no knowledge of good or evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

This is yet again the same kind of typology and analogy where the "old man" dies off in the wilderness and the "new man" enters into the promised inheritance. It is not that anyone is "perfect" but that the mind of Messiah, (his Testimony), must be put on while the old man must be cut off and allowed to die off in the wilderness along the way to the promised land. When you cross the Jordan you will see a hill of foreskins: leave the foreskin of your heart there, on the mountain of flesh, as you enter into the Land.

Deut 24:16, Jer 31:29-31, (New Covenant Language), Eze 18:1-20, (New Covenant Language).

Deut 24:16, Jer 31:29-31, (New Covenant Language), Eze 18:1-20, (New Covenant Language).

Deuteronomy 24:16 KJV
16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Jeremiah 31:29-31 KJV
29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

What is this proverb of which he speaks, "The fathers have eaten the sour grape: the children's teeth are set on edge"? No doubt this concerns a more ancient version of the so-called original sin doctrine which was held among some Israelites because of the creation narrative. The Prophet Jeremiah says it will not stand because, as the Torah clearly states, every one will die for his own sin. Moreover this is the famous Jeremiah passage concerning the New Covenant which is quoted in Hebrews chapter eight. And what does the Prophet Ezekiel say about it?

Exekiel 18:1-4 KJV
1 The word of the LORD came unto me again, saying,
2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?
3 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.
4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

There is therefore no choice but to part oneself asunder and put to death the "old man" nature because the soul that sins shall die. It is therefore just as I said to you previously herein, ********, and as I also said, Yeshua teaches these things in his doctrine:

Matthew 10:38-39
38 And the one not taking up his cross and following after me is not worthy of me.
39 The one finding his soul shall apollumi-destroy it: and the one apollumi-destroying his soul for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:23-26
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: you are an offense unto me: for you savor not the things that be of Elohim, but those that be of men.
24 Then said Yeshua to his disciples, If anyone will come after me, let him utterly-disown himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his soul shall apollumi-destroy it: and whosoever will apollumi-destroy his soul for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and zemiow-lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Luke 9:23-25
23 And he said to them all, If anyone will come after me, let him utterly-disown himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
24 For whosoever will save his soul shall destroy it: but whosoever will destroy his soul for my sake, the same shall save it.
25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

Luke 14:26-27
26 If anyone come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, even his own soul also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever does not bear his cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.

It is just as Paul likewise teaches throughout: putting to death or mortifying your own "members" which are upon your own land, or mortifying the deeds of the body, that is, cutting off sin from your household-body-temple which is no more your own when you enter into Yeshua faithfulness.

Jeremiah 31:29-31 = New Covenant Language = Ezekiel 18:1-4

Jeremiah 31:29-31 = New Covenant Language = Ezekiel 18:1-4

The old proverb-parable of the original sin total depravity doctrine:

"Adam ate the sour grape, the children's teeth are set on edge!"

What the Father says about that proverb-doctrine in New Covenant language:

"As I live, says Adonai YHWH, you shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Yisrael."

And whether anyone believes it or not the Yhudim received this proverb by Enoch:

And whether anyone believes it or not the Yhudim received this proverb by Enoch:

Enoch 31:1-5
1 After these things, surveying the entrances of the north, above the mountains, I perceived seven mountains replete with pure nard, odoriferous trees, cinnamon and papyrus.
2 From thence I passed on above the summits of those mountains to some distance eastwards, and went over the Erythræan sea. And when I was advanced far beyond it, I passed along above the angel Zateel, and arrived at the garden of righteousness. In this garden I beheld, among other trees, some which were numerous and large, and which flourished there.
3 Their fragrance was agreeable and powerful, and their appearance both varied and elegant. The tree of knowledge also was there, of which if any one eats, he becomes endowed with great wisdom.
4 It was like a species of the tamarind tree, bearing fruit which resembled grapes extremely fine; and its fragrance extended to a considerable distance. I exclaimed, How beautiful is this tree, and how delightful is its appearance!
5 Then holy Raphael, an angel who was with me, answered and said, This is the tree of knowledge, of which thy ancient father and thy aged mother ate, who were before thee; and who, obtaining knowledge, their eyes being opened, and knowing themselves to be naked, were expelled from the garden.

http://book-ofenoch.com/chapter-31/

So we see that some of the Israelites of old time were teaching the same thing that the Calvinists and most of Christianity are still teaching today; and those who taught it then got that teaching from certain statements in the Torah, (for example, Exo 20:5, 34:7, Num 14:18, Deut 5:9). And we know, from the book of Enoch, that they received their understanding of the grape of the vine-tree of the knowledge of good and evil from that same book, (and whether one wishes to consider it canonical or not does not matter because at one time the Yhudim did highly esteem that work before the advent of Messiah). There are likewise some references to this concept in the commonly accepted canonical scriptures where we do read of the "vine-tree" in a few passages, (Num 6:4 KJV, Eze 15:2 KJV ('ets ha-gefen) Eze 15:6 KJV ('ets ha-gefen)). Thus there really is no doubt that the proverb mentioned in both the Jer 31:29-31 New Covenant passage and repeated in Eze 18:1-20 is an ancient proverb which concerns the teaching of original sin, that is, the Calvinist doctrine of Total Depravity and essentially their foundation, even the "T" in Tulip: and yet the Father says such a teaching is never to be used again, and certainly not anymore in the Jer 31:29-34 New Covenant which is quoted from in Hebrews 8:8-12. Everyone who eats the sour grape, his own teeth shall be set on edge; for every one shall die for his own iniquity. Therefore the only way to understand this in the light of the Testimony of Messiah is to take up our own stakes and crosses and die the way he says to die, even as Paul likewise says, to mortify our own members and put to death the deeds of the body. It is a daily dying of which it speaks, as interpreted by Messiah himself, for the Father is Love and is not interested or pleased with physical death and dying. He wants to see sin and evil put to death; and He wants to see His people at least trying to do so in the name of His Son by the Testimony of Yeshua. :Nineveh:

Status
Not open for further replies.