The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The God who abandons souls, is NOT a God of love..................

The God who abandons souls, is NOT a God of love..................

[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION], [MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION], [MENTION=15685]musterion[/MENTION], [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION], [MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION], [MENTION=15338]Right Divider[/MENTION], [MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION], [MENTION=16283]Sonnet[/MENTION], [MENTION=12870]steko[/MENTION], [MENTION=17845]beameup[/MENTION], [MENTION=19425]Aetheryn[/MENTION], [MENTION=10365], [MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION], [MENTION=13925]Grosnick Marowbe[/MENTION] @... anyone you know that is interested in giving the premise of this OP a spin tonight...

Brother [MENTION=17677]Crucible[/MENTION] has been kind enough to submit this OP's first official Calvinist rebuttal.

I'll be back onsite tomorrow, but I would hate to deny [MENTION=17677]Crucible[/MENTION] any possible debate and intellectual discussion.

[MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION],

You are welcome to assist [MENTION=17677]Crucible[/MENTION] in the defense of his submitted counter points.

IF ANYONE ENGAGES IN DEBATE, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CONDEMNIMG ANYONE TO HELL IN ANY FORM OR FASHION.

Hello EE and all following :)

I've had my share of taking on various aspects of Calvinism, on points I think that matter, over the years,.....Here is my last post on the 'Free Will' thread (see all links therein), where I link my 'The God that passes over you' post and many others there, where beloved57 and Nanja are taken to task on their divisive 'theology'. I think the dragon has been slain :) - it just doesn't die easy.

I've only read some of the first page and latter end of the thread,...so I haven't read the bulk of it yet, but thought to chime in, while the going's good, unless the subject has reached its exhaustion point ;) Hope the wind of the heretic hunters doesn't blow down your post from the hallowed doors, although I'm sure you guys have taken TULIP to the woodshed so to speak :crackup:

As I share in my post and linked posts within it, the very concept of 'Preterition' (passing over, ignoring, abandoning!) souls is inimical to love, heartless, insane, antithetical to all that is true, good and beautiful,....all that qualities and attributes Deity is supposed to be. A 'god' who passes over the greater % of souls and leaves them FOR DEAD, is not a 'God' of love, much less a gracious or caring person, if such a cruel being could be called a 'person' (I see 'God' as being a 'personality' but also MORE, transcending our finite concept of personhood). And I tread lightly here, out of respect for 'Real God'....and only criticize what I feel is a misrepresentation of 'God', a 'caricature' created by the theology of men, of one particular denomination or another, who has made 'God' more or less in their own image and likeness, and how often do we by 'mirror psychology' reflect or create what images we deem are real or best serves us?. Its time to research 'image' and 'substance'.

A particularly odd aspect of hyper-Calvinism (even the soft-boiled variety), is that it worships a 'god' who only elects a small group to be saved, by no choice of their own, while passing over all others, leaving them in their sins TO DIE, to suffer hellfire, to be eternally damned. It is then assumed that this 'god', because of its exalted ego, becomes even more glorified thru the eternal damnation of sinners, because this SOMEHOW reveals his eternal goodness, grace and lovingkindness :idunno: Its insanity. Okay,...gonna break it off here, lest the TULIP petals fly lol. - but seriously folks. Innnnnncredible.

daqq

Hello EE and all following :)

I've had my share of taking on various aspects of Calvinism, on points I think that matter, over the years,.....Here is my last post on the 'Free Will' thread (see all links therein), where I link my 'The God that passes over you' post and many others there, where beloved57 and Nanja are taken to task on their divisive 'theology'. I think the dragon has been slain :) - it just doesn't die easy.

I've only read some of the first page and latter end of the thread,...so I haven't read the bulk of it yet, but thought to chime in, while the going's good, unless the subject has reached its exhaustion point ;) Hope the wind of the heretic hunters doesn't blow down your post from the hallowed doors, although I'm sure you guys have taken TULIP to the woodshed so to speak :crackup:

As I share in my post and linked posts within it, the very concept of 'Preterition' (passing over, ignoring, abandoning!) souls is inimical to love, heartless, insane, antithetical to all that is true, good and beautiful,....all that qualities and attributes Deity is supposed to be. A 'god' who passes over the greater % of souls and leaves them FOR DEAD, is not a 'God' of love, much less a gracious or caring person, if such a cruel being could be called a 'person' (I see 'God' as being a 'personality' but also MORE, transcending our finite concept of personhood). And I tread lightly here, out of respect for 'Real God'....and only criticize what I feel is a misrepresentation of 'God', a 'caricature' created by the theology of men, of one particular denomination or another, who has made 'God' more or less in their own image and likeness, and how often do we by 'mirror psychology' reflect or create what images we deem are real or best serves us?. Its time to research 'image' and 'substance'.

A particularly odd aspect of hyper-Calvinism (even the soft-boiled variety), is that it worships a 'god' who only elects a small group to be saved, by no choice of their own, while passing over all others, leaving them in their sins TO DIE, to suffer hellfire, to be eternally damned. It is then assumed that this 'god', because of its exalted ego, becomes even more glorified thru the eternal damnation of sinners, because this SOMEHOW reveals his eternal goodness, grace and lovingkindness :idunno: Its insanity. Okay,...gonna break it off here, lest the TULIP petals fly lol. - but seriously folks. Innnnnncredible.

Well said, friend, "God is love", (from an earlier post herein), not "God has some love", not "God loves the elect", no, but rather, "GOD IS LOVE". And LOVE cannot do what Calvinists say that LOVE does because it is completely antithetical to the nature and meaning of love. LOVE does not create LIFE and consign the greatest portion of that LIFE to eternal damnation just because it is the pleasure of LOVE's sovereign will: for that is certainly NOT the WILL of LOVE no matter how utterly Sovereign LOVE IS. :)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What daqq fails to realize is that his Adoptionist view was only considered to be taken down from the rank of 'anathema' to be 'telling one part of a truth'.

The Catholic Church states that Jesus' humanity was adopted, but that his spirit is eternally begotten. The Church had began to cull doctrine during the time for several reasons, including the rise of Muslims.

By the 8th Century, it was dismissed for being inferior to the Trinity, and too common with Nestorian heresy.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Well said, friend, "God is love", (from an earlier post herein), not "God has some love", not "God loves the elect", no, but rather, "GOD IS LOVE". And LOVE cannot do what Calvinists say that LOVE does because it is completely antithetical to the nature and meaning of love. LOVE does not create LIFE and consign the greatest portion of that LIFE to eternal damnation just because it is the pleasure of LOVE's sovereign will: for that is certainly NOT the WILL of LOVE no matter how utterly Sovereign LOVE IS. :)

Yeah, gather what you can from the pile of those who are as theologically inclined as a rock. That's the only group of people you're actually going to convince in trying to stamp out all reason and proper theology with what you just stated.

God so loved the world that He flooded every living thing in it- except for a small elect- so stop trying to use 'love' to fill in the blanks :wave2:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

:thumb:

daqq

Yeah, gather what you can from the pile of those who are as theologically inclined as a rock. That's the only group of people you're actually going to convince in trying to stamp out all reason and proper theology with what you just stated.

God so loved the world that He flooded every living thing in it- except for a small elect- so stop trying to use 'love' to fill in the blanks :wave2:

Do you not know that the entire flood narrative is fulfilled in the ministry of Messiah? This is intrinsically related to what we have been talking about: your view of the scripture through carnal eyes clouds your understanding and puts a veil over your heart, eyes, and mind, when you read the primary Covenant. In the Gospel now called John it is five months from the midst of the Pesach Sheni, (2/17, Gen 7:11), until the midst of Sukkot-Tabernacles in John 7:14, (7/17, Gen 8:4). All the Prophets and the Torah prophesied until Yohanan, (Matt 11:13). However that is at least a five-page thread and why people such as yourself, who say things they know nothing about, get away with saying such things out of ignorance of the scripture and the ministry of Messiah. But you are like a giant in the Land; and your casket will be three hundred cubits long, O king. :chuckle:

daqq

And by the way that is a truly revealing statement you just made. It reveals exactly what has already been put forth herein, that Calvinism suffers a catastrophic lack of love in its doctrine; not because God is not love, (for we know that God is love), but because its adherents have a mindset which inadvertently precipitates its own deluge of a catastrophic conclusion:

Thus the adherent says, paraphrased, "Stop trying to use LOVE to answer my dilemma!" :rotfl:

:Nineveh:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
And by the way that is a truly revealing statement you just made. It reveals exactly what has already been put forth herein, that Calvinism suffers a catastrophic lack of love in its doctrine; not because God is not love, (for we know that God is love), but because its adherents have a mindset which inadvertently precipitates its own deluge of a catastrophic conclusion:

Thus the adherent says, paraphrased, "Stop trying to use LOVE to answer my dilemma!" :rotfl:

:Nineveh:

Nah
You just use it to appeal others to falsehoods.

As soon as you go on a tangent of denying everything on the basis that 'God is Love', you go from reason to inebriated nonsense that has no place in theological discussion.

It doesn't even mean what you think it means- God sunk swords and poured hellfire to those who threatened those He loved- you people universalize it at one point, and then compartmentalize it at others.

daqq

Nah
You just use it to appeal others to falsehoods.

As soon as you go on a tangent of denying everything on the basis that 'God is Love', you go from reason to inebriated nonsense that has no place in theological discussion.

It doesn't even mean what you think it means- God sunk swords and poured hellfire to those who threatened those He loved- you people universalize it at one point, and then compartmentalize it at others.

You appear not to be taking into account all that has been written concerning immersion and, moreover, the Gospel is personal and individual to each in his or her own appointed times, times appointed of the Father, when a child becomes a son, (and none shall be alone in his appointed times). Perhaps a day comes wherein you enter into chamber, to chamber in your inner prayer chamber, and you see in that day when you find one of you in the third heaven and the other in the Paradise. Will you say to the Potter, "Why have you made me twain?" (lol). That really is what this is all about because Paul is drashing in the passages we have touched upon and he continues, even into Romans 10:20-21, where he quotes Isaiah 65:1-2. If you read the surrounding context perhaps you might see what I mean; for it clearly spells out what is going to happen: you are not going to continue to be you because you are killing you. You therefore must die and leave your name to your better half, the one of you that is elect, if indeed the holy seed of the Chosen one dwells within you.

Romans 10:20-21 TS2009 ("The Scriptures 2009" with footnotes)
20 And Yeshayahu boldly says, “I was found by those not seeking Me, I was made manifest to those not asking for Me.” Isa 65:1.
21 And to Yisra’ĕl He says, “All day long I have stretched out My hands to a disobedient and back-talking people.” Isa 65:2.

Context, context, context, and in this translation this is truly beautiful. The question is asked by the Prophet in the preceding chapter and the verses quoted by Paul are the commencement of the answer from the Father to the Prophet. But as per the explanation given by Paul one may truly understand that this passage does not mean that Elohim is going to cast off His people, no, but what it means is that His people must become new people, that is to say, the old man must be done away: he must die, and he will leave his name as a curse to the new man who is born at the same time. In the same way this can be said of Paul, whose former accursed name was Saul, accursed because of what things he did in the flesh, even against the congregation of Elohim, all the while thinking himself to have been doing Elohim a service.

The question from haNavi Yeshayahu:

Isaiah 64:8-12 TS2009
8 And now, O יהוה, You are our Father. We are the clay, and You our potter. And we are all the work of Your hand.
9 Do not be wroth, O יהוה, nor remember crookedness forever. See, please look, all of us are Your people!
10 Your set-apart cities have become a wilderness, Tsiyon has become a wilderness, Yerushalayim a waste.
11 Our set-apart and comely House, where our fathers praised You, has been burned up with fire. And all that we treasured has become a ruin.
12 In view of all this, would You restrain Yourself, O יהוה?
Would You keep silent and afflict us beyond measure?

The answer from the Father:

Isaiah 65:1-25 TS2009

1 “I have let Myself be inquired of, not by those who asked; I was found, not by those who sought Me. I said, ‘Here I am, here I am,’ to a nation not calling on My Name.
2 “I have held out My hands all day long to a stubborn people, who walk in a way that is not good, after their own thoughts;
3 the people who provoke Me continually to My face, who slaughter in gardens, and burn incense on slaughter-places of brick;
4 who sit among the burial-sites, and spend the night in secret places, who eat flesh of pigs,
a and the broth of unclean meat is in their pots, Footnote: aSee Isa 66:17.
5 who say, ‘Keep to yourself, do not come near me, for I am set-apart to you!’ These are smoke in My nostrils, a fire that burns all day.
6 “See, it is written before Me: I am not silent, but shall repay, and I shall repay into their bosom,
7 your crookednesses and the crookednesses of your fathers together,” said יהוה, “who burned incense on the mountains and reproached Me on the hills. And I shall measure their former work into their bosom.”
8 Thus said יהוה, “As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one shall say, ‘Do not destroy it, for there is blessing in it,’ so I do for My servants’ sake, not to destroy them all.
9 “And I shall bring forth a seed from Ya‛aqoḇ, and from Yehuḏah an heir of My mountains. And My chosen ones shall inherit it, and My servants dwell there.
10 “And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the Valley of Aḵor a place for herds to lie down, for My people who have sought Me.
11 “But you are those who forsake יהוה, who forget My set-apart mountain, who prepare a table for Gad, and who fill a drink offering for Meni.
12 “And I shall allot you to the sword, and let you all bow down to the slaughter, because I called and you did not answer, I spoke and you did not hear, and you did evil before My eyes and chose that in which I did not delight.”
13 Therefore thus said the Master יהוה, “See, My servants eat, but you hunger; see, My servants drink, but you thirst; see, My servants rejoice, but you are put to shame;
14 see, My servants sing for joy of heart, but you cry for sorrow of heart, and wail for breaking of spirit.
15 “And you shall leave your name as a curse to My chosen, for the Master יהוה shall put you to death, and call His servants by another name,
16 so that he who blesses himself in the earth does bless himself in the Elohim of truth. And he who swears in the earth does swear by the Elohim of truth. Because the former distresses shall be forgotten, and because they shall be hidden from My eyes.
17 “For look, I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and the former shall not be remembered, nor come to heart.
18 “But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; for look, I create Yerushalayim a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 “And I shall rejoice in Yerushalayim, and shall joy in My people, and let the voice of weeping no more be heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
20 “No more is an infant from there going to live but a few days, nor an old man who does not complete his days, for the youth dies one hundred years old, but the sinner being one hundred years old shall be lightly esteemed.
21 “And they shall build houses and inhabit them, and plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 “They shall not build and another inhabit; they shall not plant and another eat. For the days of My people are going to be as the days of a tree, and My chosen ones outlive the work of their hands.
23 “They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth children for trouble. For they are the seed of the blessed of יהוה, and their offspring with them.
24 “And it shall be that before they call, I answer. And while they are still speaking, I hear.
25 “Wolf and lamb feed together, a lion eats straw as an ox, and dust is the snake’s food. They shall do no evil, nor destroy in all My set-apart mountain,” said יהוה.

Should be self explanatory by now . . . :Nineveh:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
What daqq fails to realize is that his Adoptionist view was only considered to be taken down from the rank of 'anathema' to be 'telling one part of a truth'.

The Catholic Church states that Jesus' humanity was adopted, but that his spirit is eternally begotten. The Church had began to cull doctrine during the time for several reasons, including the rise of Muslims.

By the 8th Century, it was dismissed for being inferior to the Trinity, and too common with Nestorian heresy.

As you try to discredit [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] because he doesn't fit your "mold" of what someone believes and understands, you are still buried in scripture that you never responded to wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy..... back in this thread.

[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] and myself represent 2 separate views of understanding the mystery of the Father and the Son. But we are unified peacefully in Christ.

Your idea is that anyone who doesn't believe in the exact verbiage of the WCF is a heritic and not a Christian.

Many members, One Head! [MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] knows the name of that Head. He further more knows "Who" Yeshua is. You just hate that he arrives at these conclusions differtly than you.

Consider these verses...

Lk. 9:49-50
1 Jn. 2:22-23
1 Jn. 4

Your litmus test of what a Christian is... is unscriptural. 1 Jn. is very specific how to test the Spirit's and know who is acceptable for serving.

The Litmus test?

Profess the Son is from the Father
Love others as He Loved us

What happened when believers fought beyond these matters? They violated 1 Jn. 4 and killed one another. You don't see this?

Last edited:

daqq

As you try to discredit him because he doesn't fit your "mold" of what someone believes and understands, you are still buried in scripture that you never responded to wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy..... back in this thread.

True, true, he talks of people as if a "pile" who are "as theologically inclined as a rock" but fails to notice the mountain of Rock Scripture which he is now buried beneath and which is continually added onto more and more with every passing page . . .

Perhaps he may pop like a fully ripe grape under the weight of the Stone he is rejecting?
Heard it said that the Word can be like a wine-press to the grapes of wrath . . . :chuckle:

nikolai_42

[MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] pumped [MENTION=5671]nikolai_42[/MENTION] with his link. This asserts my assertion of 1 John 2:27. It has to be dismembered to support Calvinism.

You claim "Sola Scripture" and in front of God and everybody, [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] posts a link to his writing for Nikolai_42 to draw from. Even after I subscribe... I won't view the link. That is secretive and I initially took the stance of a good sport... but then... [MENTION=5671]nikolai_42[/MENTION] comes back with a statement about puritan writings on scripture.

Game Over for him too. I was duped into thinking [MENTION=5671]nikolai_42[/MENTION] could honestly give his opinion in the matter, but he needs to look at 1 John 2:27 through the lens of the reformed.

Within the first week of this OP, [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] has attempted to dismantle 1 John 2:27 through [MENTION=5671]nikolai_42[/MENTION]. Why? Because 1 John 2:27 shatters the lens of doctrines of men. The yes and no references deception employed by burying simple TULIP assertions in complex, circular rhetoric and makes that act an expected tactic, thus shutting down the walls of theology before they come.

Er...um...that's quite the inference when neither he nor I have posted on the matter (beyond my initial response). The link says nothing beyond recommending drafting posts in a word processing program before actually putting them in a reply window on the forum. The Puritan remark was primarily directed at their prodigious output. I've often wondered if technology would be a hindrance or a help to them...

Remember, Tyndale lost a huge portion of his work in the river once...having to start all over again. Imagine if he'd had a thumb drive (then the Papacy would have had full network control, no doubt)...

At any rate, the post which I lost actually was a rather precise wording of something I've struggled with expressing in words for years (literally). And besides not having had the time to post (I only have a few minutes now), I doubt whether I will be able to accurately express the same thing "on demand". So I do apologize for the delay, but I'm afraid there isn't much I can do about it.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
As you try to discredit him because he doesn't fit your "mold" of what someone believes and understands, you are still buried in scripture that you never responded to wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy..... back in this thread.

I didn't respond to them because the tactic being used here is to exhaust the conversation with scripture which hardly actually make any case for what is stated.

Daqq has done nothing but make legal fiction after legal fiction- instead of interpreting the Bible as a whole, like what Reformed doctrine does, you all DEMAND that everyone play by your cherry picking nonsense.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I didn't respond to them because the tactic being used here is to exhaust the conversation with scripture which hardly actually make any case for what is stated.

Daqq has done nothing but make legal fiction after legal fiction- instead of interpreting the Bible as a whole, like what Reformed doctrine does, you all DEMAND that everyone play by your cherry picking nonsense.

I added to the post you just quoted. It's not my responsibility that you don't recognize supremacy of scripture in debate.

Furthermore, it's not my wish to attempt to redefine scriptural intent by beating it with the conjecture of fallible men like... (insert everyone but Jesus here). Though He is and was Elohim with us, I cite Him because He was the Son of Man as well.

Beyond Jesus, I'm not recognizing human Authority in scripture. Deal with it. Jesus said Jn. 5:36-40. What do we call scripture? It was canonized within 300 years of Christ's death. End... of... issue.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] pumped [MENTION=5671]nikolai_42[/MENTION] with his link. This asserts my assertion of 1 John 2:27. It has to be dismembered to support Calvinism.

Er...um...that's quite the inference when neither he nor I have posted on the matter (beyond my initial response). The link says nothing beyond recommending drafting posts in a word processing program before actually putting them in a reply window on the forum. The Puritan remark was primarily directed at their prodigious output. I've often wondered if technology would be a hindrance or a help to them...

Remember, Tyndale lost a huge portion of his work in the river once...having to start all over again. Imagine if he'd had a thumb drive (then the Papacy would have had full network control, no doubt)...

At any rate, the post which I lost actually was a rather precise wording of something I've struggled with expressing in words for years (literally). And besides not having had the time to post (I only have a few minutes now), I doubt whether I will be able to accurately express the same thing "on demand". So I do apologize for the delay, but I'm afraid there isn't much I can do about it.

I recognize your point. I will patiently await your submission. You are added back to the list of Active debaters. I will generate a new morning tally.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
!!!Morning Tally!!!

[MENTION=10685]Brother Ducky[/MENTION],
I have posted my next response to our continued discussion.
Link Here

[MENTION=5671]nikolai_42[/MENTION] is back in the debate. He is submitting that 1 John 2:27 has an alternate meaning than the OP is asserting. His submission will be patiently waited for.

I have posted my initial study material for evaluation and response HERE

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=5671]nikolai_42[/MENTION]

I am submitting all of 1 John 2 from the Complete Jewish Bible for context provision. I will also submit various additions to this post via edit. The lingual intent will be posted with the Greek to literal and I will find cross referenced verses that correlate intent.

1 John 2 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

My children, I am writing you these things so that you won’t sin. But if anyone does sin, we have Yeshua the Messiah, the Tzaddik, who pleads our cause with the Father. 2 Also, he is the kapparah for our sins — and not only for ours, but also for those of the whole world.

3 The way we can be sure we know him is if we are obeying his commands. 4 Anyone who says, “I know him,” but isn’t obeying his commands is a liar — the truth is not in him. 5 But if someone keeps doing what he says, then truly love for God has been brought to its goal in him. This is how we are sure that we are united with him. 6 A person who claims to be continuing in union with him ought to conduct his life the way he did.

7 Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command. On the contrary, it is an old command, which you have had from the beginning; the old command is the message which you have heard before. 8 Yet I am writing you a new command, and its reality is seen both in him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining. 9 Anyone who claims to be in this light while hating his brother is still in the dark. 10 The person who keeps loving his brother remains in the light, and there is nothing in him that could make him trip. 11 But the person who hates his brother is in the dark — yes, he is walking in the dark, and he doesn’t know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

12 You children, I am writing you
because your sins have been forgiven for his sake.
13 You fathers, I am writing you
because you have known him who has existed from the beginning.
You young people, I am writing you
because you have overcome the Evil One.
14 You children, I have written you
because you have known the Father.
You fathers, I have written you
because you have known him who has existed from the beginning.
You young people, I have written you
because you are strong —
the Word of God remains in you,
and you have overcome the Evil One.
15 Do not love the world or the things of the world. If someone loves the world, then love for the Father is not in him; 16 because all the things of the world — the desires of the old nature, the desires of the eyes, and the pretensions of life — are not from the Father but from the world. 17 And the world is passing away, along with its desires. But whoever does God’s will remains forever.

18 Children, this is the Last Hour. You have heard that an Anti-Messiah is coming; and in fact, many anti-Messiahs have arisen now — which is how we know that this is the Last Hour. 19 They went out from us, but they weren’t part of us; for had they been part of us, they would have remained with us.

20 But you have received the Messiah’s anointing from HaKadosh, and you know all this. 21 It is not because you don’t know the truth that I have written to you, but because you do know it, and because no lie has its origin in the truth. 22 Who is a liar at all, if not the person who denies that Yeshua is the Messiah? Such a person is an anti-Messiah — he is denying the Father and the Son. 23 Everyone who denies the Son is also without the Father, but the person who acknowledges the Son has the Father as well. 24 Let what you heard from the beginning remain in you. If what you heard from the beginning remains in you, you will also remain in union with both the Son and the Father. 25 And this is what he has promised us: eternal life.

26 I have written you these things about the people who are trying to deceive you. 27 As for you, the Messianic anointing you received from the Father remains in you, so that you have no need for anyone to teach you. On the contrary, as his Messianic anointing continues to teach you about all things, and is true, not a counterfeit, so, just as he taught you, remain united with him.

28 And now, children, remain united with him; so that when he appears, we may have confidence and not shrink back from him in shame at his coming. 29 If you know that he is righteous, you should also know that he is the Father of everyone who does what is right.

1 John 2:27 Interlinear Link (Lexicon to Greek and Transliteration)

Link to Literal over Greek

Cross referenced verses that assist.

Jn. 4:14, 14:16-17, 26, 15:4-7, 16:13; 1 Cor. 2:12-13; 1 Jn. 2:20; 2 Jn. 1:2; 2 Pt. 1:16-17; 1 Pt. 1:23; He. 8:10-11; Je. 31:33-34

Last edited:

daqq

Nope, the truth is that all one really needs to do is keep everything in context, (which is not easy to do), and the same will not easily go astray into the doctrines of man. That is why you cannot prove any of your dogma with actual scripture; for once you begin to post scripture for your supposed all-inclusive scripture arguments the scam will be exposed for the very same thing that you like to accuse others of doing, which is of course, cherry picking. Bad news for you: my replies are full of context from the scripture and the understandings are within the context from which the passages and statements are derived; and the only place where any of it might be cherry picking is in the machinations of your imagination because you are in denial, having been programmed to believe that your doctrine is the only truth and therefore nothing can refute it. Saying that your fathers "used the whole Bible" means absolutely nothing if your arguments contradict the scripture, reason, and love. And again, GOD IS LOVE destroys your dogma for your own good. :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
E.E. why post the interlinear that way? What are you trying to bring out by that?

I'll try to find a better link. That was the immediate fix.

Lexicon to Greek to Literal Transliteration of each word.
[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] if you have a better copy, I'll gladly quote it in place of the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.