The Simple Process of Salvation Refutes All Religions

Robert Pate

Banned
People are brought to Christ by hearing and believing the Gospel, plus nothing.

Those who hear and believe what Jesus has done to save them are indwelt with the Holy Spirit and are born again. They are born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23. Not all who hear the Gospel believe it.

"For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2.

They heard it, but they did not believe it. They heard that Jesus had atoned for their sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. But they probably said, "That's impossible, or Jesus was just a good man, and not able to save anyone". Whatever it was they did not believe it. What do people do that hear the Gospel but do not believe it? My guess is that they become religious. Who are these people that do not believe the Gospel. Calvinist do not believe the Gospel, nor do Catholics believe the Gospel, plus many other religions. Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17, which is the Gospel.

"This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

Both of the above scriptures are about hearing and believing the Gospel. There is something about hearing that is a mystery. When the word of God enters ones head it has an effect upon the one that is hearing. They will either accept or reject what they have heard. This is what Paul is saying in Hebrews 4:2. Some heard and believed, others heard but did not believe. Those that believe are effected by what they have heard. The Gospel calls for a response. How can one hear that Christ died for their sins and not respond? It happens. Its called rejecting the Gospel.

God is zealous for his Son Jesus Christ. Those that reject Christ and his Gospel are under the wrath of God. "For we which have believed do enter into his rest, as he has said, "As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest": although the works were finished from the foundation of the world" Hebrews 4:3. "For he that has entered into his rest, he has also ceased from his own works (religion) as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

Those that hear and believe the Gospel are resting in Christ and his Gospel. In the Gospel no one needs to be predestinated. In the Gospel no one needs to Join the Catholic church. In the Gospel we are perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

6days

You don't have to respond to the Gospel to be saved. I have friends that don't know when they became Christians. They just kind of grew up with it.
I often disagree with you but not this time. I don't think there has to be a definitive moment.

6days

Right, Some come to Christ very slowly. Bit by bit, line upon line.
Not so sure I agree with that though... I don't think someone can be partly saved. I think perhaps it is just the realization might come a bit slowly, realizing that they are a child of God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Not so sure I agree with that though... I don't think someone can be partly saved. I think perhaps it is just the realization might come a bit slowly, realizing that they are a child of God.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ. Some don't hear to well, or they love their sins more than they love Christ. That was me.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is not a lie.

Sure it is. I have provided you with this scripture several times, but here's one more.

1 Corinthians 1:26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble are called.

Why?

1 Corinthians 1:27-29 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are that no flesh should glory in His presence.

Robert Pate

Banned
Sure it is. I have provided you with this scripture several times, but here's one more.

1 Corinthians 1:26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble are called.

Why?

1 Corinthians 1:27-29 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are that no flesh should glory in His presence.

If you believe that God chooses some to be saved and damns the rest to hell then you are a Calvinist.

If you adhere to Calvinist doctrine then you must also believe that God is unjust. If you believe that God is unjust, then it will not be possible for you to have faith in him. This is the big problem with Calvinism, they lack faith in God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul taught that Jesus was the savior of the whole world and that salvation was by grace through faith.

So why do you believe differently than Paul?

Jesus Christ is not trying to save the whole world at this time.

I thought you knew that.

Robert Pate

Banned
So why do you believe differently than Paul?

Jesus Christ is not trying to save the whole world at this time.

I thought you knew that.

I teach exactly the same thing that Paul taught.

Jesus has ALREADY reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

He is waiting for you to accept his offer of reconciliation.

Paul said, "Be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

If you don't accept what has been provided for you, you will die in your sins.

Nanja

I teach exactly the same thing that Paul taught.

Jesus has ALREADY reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

He is waiting for you to accept his offer of reconciliation.

Paul said, "Be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

If you don't accept what has been provided for you, you will die in your sins.

You are scatterbrained, teaching that salvation must be accepted by the will of man.

That's salvation by works, the false gospel that Paul warned about Gal. 1:8!

Paul taught that Salvation is solely by God's Grace, not by works a man does!

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works,
but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Eph. 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

~~~~~