The Significance of Christ in Heaven

Robert Pate

Banned
A spirit without a brain is non-functional. The human spirit provides intellect to a human brain which is part of a body.

Because the human spirit is non-material it is not subject to injury or disease, but if the brain is not functioning God retrieves the human spirit so it can be mated with a different brain when need be.

Spirit and brain are not the same. You are trying to dissect the human body by sending some of it to heaven and some to the grave.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
John 4:24

Did you know there are two types of bodies? Jesus said those born of the flesh are flesh and those born of the Spirit are Spirit.

We are a physical representation of a Spirit person. We have a human spirit and can comprehend human things. With the addition of God's Spirit we can comprehend Spirit things.

When we are given an incorruptible body we will of course have an incorruptible brain just as other spirit beings. Our current brains are subject to injury and disease.

Lilstu

‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you will know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, My people. 14 I will put My Spirit within you and you will come to life, [Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.Gen 2:7] and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the Lord, have spoken and done it,” declares the Lord.’” [Ezek 37]

Robert Pate

Banned
‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel. 13 Then you will know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, My people. 14 I will put My Spirit within you and you will come to life, [Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.Gen 2:7] and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the Lord, have spoken and done it,” declares the Lord.’” [Ezek 37]

In the resurrection he does the same thing. He brings life out of the dust of the earth.

Robert Pate

Banned
Christ's entrance into heaven is one of the most significant events in the Bible. It is even greater than the resurrection. If God had not accepted Jesus into heaven because he had failed to keep the law or he had not atoned for the sins of the world, we would all be without hope. Our humanity was in Christ. When Jesus was accepted back into heaven, we were accepted in him. Jesus is the savior and provider of salvation for everyone, but nothing is ours if it is not received by faith.

beloved57

pate

Jesus Christ in heaven at the right hand of God, which is a place of honor and respect, means that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and is Lord

Then you turn right around and teach that sinners He did that for, still wind up in hell, lost in their sins ! You tear down what you supposedly say is true !

Robert Pate

Banned
pate

Then you turn right around and teach that sinners He did that for, still wind up in hell, lost in their sins ! You tear down what you supposedly say is true !

You refuse to believe that what Christ has done for you must be received by faith.

Therefore NOTHING is yours.

beloved57

You refuse to believe that what Christ has done for you must be received by faith.

Therefore NOTHING is yours.

You do all that big talking about what Christ did, then turn right around and say that sinners He did that for wind up lost in their sins !

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Paul said that when Christians die they are sleeping "In Christ" 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18.

You take such verses without taking in others. Typical 'cherry picking'.

When Jesus told Dismas that he'd be with him in Paradise, he wasn't talking about in 2000+ years from then. When Jesus descended into Hades, he wasn't preaching to those asleep.

Lilstu

You take such verses without taking in others. Typical 'cherry picking'.

When Jesus told Dismas that he'd be with him in Paradise, he wasn't talking about in 2000+ years from then. When Jesus descended into Hades, he wasn't preaching to those asleep.

Did Jesus say.......
I say to you today.....you will be with me in paradise.

Or...
I say to you.....today you will be in paradise.

Without commas in Greek we don't know from this verse.
But there are many other verses that say the dead will lie in the grave until the resurrection.