ECT The Resurrection Question that terminates D'ism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

PJ, try to read back to your own posts. then the thing is more like a true conversation:

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
He WOULD raise Him up to sit on His throne. Would

Who are the Hes and Hises?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
God is still trying to evangelise Israel and Cambodia and New Zealand, your're right.

Yes the resurrection was the complete fulfillment of what was promised. Can you figure out how? How could Paul dare say such a total statement. (He does the same thing in 2 Cor 1, and of course, in Acts 26).
Which verses? What about the future land promise?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Did Paul say ALL was fulfilled? I can only find that about the law

Philippians 3:15 Context

12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

17Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Interplanner

Philippians 3:15 Context

12Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

17Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Why is this here? Are you unable to discern what is on-topic or not? The subject is:

something about the resurrection is said by Paul to have a finality of fulfillment of promise to the fathers; what is it? How could it?

Interplanner

Which verses? What about the future land promise?

Are you reading anything posted here PJ? Taking any notes? I have probably gone over Act 13 and 26 1000x here on TOL. 1000x. Over 2 years. yet tonight you are wondering what possible verses there could be about the subject?

How many times is promise in 2 Cor 1? Do you do any homework yourself? Do you know how to use Biblegateway search?

Get in gear and stand up for yourself and represent yourself better!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Are you reading anything posted here PJ? Taking any notes? I have probably gone over Act 13 and 26 1000x here on TOL. 1000x. Over 2 years. yet tonight you are wondering what possible verses there could be about the subject?

How many times is promise in 2 Cor 1? Do you do any homework yourself? Do you know how to use Biblegateway search?

I'll check out some commentaries and reply with fantastical made up conclusions later, like you do.

Fantastical:
conceived or appearing as if conceived by an unrestrained imagination; odd and remarkable; bizarre; grotesque: fantastic rock formations; fantastic designs. 2. fanciful or capricious, as persons or their ideas or actions: We never know what that fantastic creature will say next.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

You are vague at best, never specific. You gloss over passages and expect people to read a few chapters to find the point you think you're making. 2 Corinthians 1? Acts 13 and 26? Provide verses like everybody else here does, and prove your own fictional writing.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You need to update the features acc. to the prophets. It wasn't going to be the same old thing; that served its purpose in David's generation, Acts 13. The worship system and land was given to them, with the huge HOWEVER of Acts 7 that God does not dwell in such things.
A promise is a promise.
An oath from the mouth of GOD is trustworthy.

GOD's heavenly throne is not the earthly throne of David.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Two, two, two, two.

That's the sound of the D'ist train. Everythings in two. Because it starts with a confused Bible (--Chafer) and needs Chafer's 2P2P for it to 'make sense' which is not sense.
Nope, not because of Chafer at all.
Because scripture reveals that the earthly throne of David and the heavenly throne of GOD are not the same throne.

Interplanner

Because scripture reveals that the earthly throne of David and the heavenly throne of GOD are not the same throne.

That is exactly Chafer and not Scripture. Why are you in such denial of both? Just waking up to reality?

There is no proof of this and it is not the excitement of Acts 2 or Eph 1! Go have your party somewhere else!

when the Gospel is summarized, Christ is the son of David as well as the resurrected King, as in Rom 1 and 2 Tim 2:8. THEY ARE ONE MESSAGE.

Except if you have Chafer's confusion to start with.

The resurrection answers how the Seed who was Christ would bless all nations the way that Gen 3's Seed was. That is the question of the Bible! How does Abraham's Seed do what Gen 3 said was promised? It had now arrived, and it was the mission and message to the nations. Everything else is balderdash and hobsnoogle.

SaulToPaul 2

That is exactly Chafer and not Scripture. Why are you in such denial of both? Just waking up to reality?

There is no proof of this and it is not the excitement of Acts 2 or Eph 1! Go have your party somewhere else!

when the Gospel is summarized, Christ is the son of David as well as the resurrected King, as in Rom 1 and 2 Tim 2:8. THEY ARE ONE MESSAGE.

The resurrection answers how the Seed who was Christ would bless all nations the way that Gen 3's Seed was. That is the question of the Bible! How does Abraham's Seed do what Gen 3 said was promised? It had now arrived, and it was the mission and message to the nations. Everything else is balderdash and hobsnoogle.

All made up, or lifted from commentaries.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2Samuel 3
10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.

Is the house of Israel and the house of Judah in heaven or earth?
Is Dan even to Beersheba in heaven or earth?

DAN P

The fulfilled promise of the resurrection and enthroned Messiah and his mission on earth is all the remained to be delivered to Israel; it was then Israel's task to be missionaries of that. About 210 were ready by the time of Pentecost, and then it was open to anyone at all who believed/feared God.

D'ism is trying to say that there needs to be another episode of a Davidic theocracy with the worship system operating in Judea, even if with Christ as King/Priest. There is not. It was referring to the living temple of the Christian community and each person as an ongoing living sacrifice, Rom 12:1.

Hi and what does Rom 12:1 has to do with the above post ??

You just refusing to believe Acts 2:17-22 and Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 !!

dan p

Danoh

Just goes to show once more your obvious failure to have understood what Chafer had meant, IP.

Fact is, there are two schools of thought being represented here, on these issues.

Yours is basically the Re-formed principle of reading a "one size fits all" into things, towards somehow harmonizing them all.

That view is not only the Re-formed view of Scripture, but is in itself, an agreement with Chafer's intended sense - that the Scripture needs to somehow be made sense of, before it is believed.

His was basically a statement about the need for the practice of noting distinctions between things...

Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

That right there is a distinction between things in Scripture that obviously differ from one another...

Its sense being - Ought not Christ to have suffered these things FIRST, and THEN to enter into His glory?

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

And you and yours can turn that Jerusalem there into a figure of speech, for example, but it is clear in Scripture that that reference to Jerusalem had not only been literal, but within an equally literal, chronological order - Jerusalem first....

In all that, He is obviously pointing out various distinctions between things within the Scripture, or things that differ between one thing and another - including their different "times and seasons..."

That had been...His pattern.

Luke 17:22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. 17:23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them. 17:24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. 17:25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

But FIRST - and THEN...are the sense of that - they are NOT the SAME.

If he were wrong - if all things in Scripture are your "one size fits all" - there would be no need to even have to attempt to somehow harmonize, say, Romans 4 into James 2, and vice-versa.

There is...the Dispensational view of Scripture.

As in passages also, like the following...

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

And that grace there, is not this grace here...

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

For, per this here...

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

...and this here...

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

...though they both rely on the same effectual (built-in empowering) principle, each is towards each's respective role, within God's Two-Fold Purpose: Prophecy ("him, of whom Moses in the Law, and the Prophets, did write" John 1:45) and Mystery ("the preaching of Jesus Christ according the revelation of the mystery; which was kept secret since the world began; But now is made manifest" Rom. 16:25,26a).

Fact is, the Re-formed and the Dispensational school both agree with Chafer's basic premise that the Scripture needs to be approached in a manner that somehow allows one to make sense of it's various distinctions.

Even the Reformed school's John Gerstner - a most vehement voice against Dispensationalism - had nevertheless also asserted that the Scripture needs to made proper sense of, rather than read into, only to call one's said reading into, one's having believed the Scripture.

In this, all who assert they "believe the Scripture," have actually said nothing...at all.

Belief absent of having properly understood a thing first, amounts to no more than fool's gold.

Luke 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Nevertheless, Rom.5:8

Status
Not open for further replies.