ECT The Rebellion that Desolates

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitestone

How do you define Nazoraeons? "Under Jewish control" is not clear enough for the situation. What matters is whether the control was rebels. The zealots were enlisting the help of Arameans and Nabateans because together they could break the hold of Rome somewhere there along the eastern edge of the empire... Be careful of wiki...

Wiki?,,,your trying to tell us the Christians fled to Pella when it's been laid waist by the Jews in chapter 18 of wars by Josephus at the beginning of the revolt...real safe place for Christians to fee right?

Interplanner

Wiki?,,,your trying to tell us the Christians fled to Pella when it's been laid waist by the Jews in chapter 18 of wars by Josephus at the beginning of the revolt...real safe place for Christians to fee right?

What year is the beginning? I believe the record by Eusebius is that during the civil meltdown that pulled Vespasian back to Rome is the interruption which allowed escape. He didn't come back; his son Titus came a year later and resumed. That's 68-69 oversimplified.

Places that have been ransacked can be a clever place to go later and hide because the enemy would consider them 'been there, done that'.

SaulToPaul 2

What year is the beginning? I believe the record by Eusebius is that during the civil meltdown that pulled Vespasian back to Rome is the interruption which allowed escape. He didn't come back; his son Titus came a year later and resumed. That's 68-69 oversimplified.

Places that have been ransacked can be a clever place to go later and hide because the enemy would consider them 'been there, done that'.

Can you demonstrate how any of your 3 candidates match Daniel 8-11?

whitestone

You believe that the AOB is then "after' they should have noted to leave instead of "before" like Jesus said in Matthew 24,,,It also conflicts with Daniels timing.

You should do your own homework instead of copying your neighbours,(commentaries)...see Josephus wars2,chapter 18 Pella was laid waist by the Jews (AT THE BEGINNING OF THE WAR)...

Interplanner

What person led a rebellion
in total arrogance
within the 490 years,
a rebellion that desolated Israel,
in the 4th kingdom that was coming,
who was mentioned by Christ as being in his generation, and
at least claiming signs and wonders (although see Josephus on unusual things that took place)?

All NT indications are that all this was to take place in that fateful generation, and the judgement of the whole world right after, although--only the Father knew of that.

SaulToPaul 2

What person led a rebellion
in total arrogance
within the 490 years,
a rebellion that desolated Israel,
in the 4th kingdom that was coming,
who was mentioned by Christ as being in his generation, and
at least claiming signs and wonders (although see Josephus on unusual things that took place)?

All NT indications are that all this was to take place in that fateful generation, and the judgement of the whole world right after, although--only the Father knew of that.

I don't see any of them matching the descriptions in Daniel.
And, I am not willing to leave out details or bend them to make some 1st century character "fit".

Interplanner

I don't see any of them matching the descriptions in Daniel.
And, I am not willing to leave out details or bend them to make some 1st century character "fit".

Those are from Daniel 8-9 (the R/AofD making them a unit distinct from the 11-12) and Christ's own identification. He would not have been talking Maccabbean period.

SaulToPaul 2

Those are from Daniel 8-9 (the R/AofD making them a unit distinct from the 11-12) and Christ's own identification. He would not have been talking Maccabbean period.

Daniel 8-11 are all about the man of sin, and the abomination of desolation.
Which first century character fits all of the description?

Status
Not open for further replies.