ECT The Rebellion that Desolates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
The 2nd coming has not taken place as quickly as he said many times, for ex., I Cor 7. But we know why.
I know why; you don't.

As for the events of 70 when the place burst into flames, it wasn't quite like he said, and Josephus mentioned other inexplicable things gratis (I assume you know what that means--he had no reason to make them strange, and he heard the reported several times), but the upshot was that the man of sin was defeated, and the full wrath of God came upon Israel, as Thess said, and only the 2nd coming did not take place and the day of judgement.
So, once again, you accuse Paul of not understanding the direct revelation that he got from the LORD Jesus Christ.

NEWS FLASH: You're the one that is wrong.

RD, I've heard everything you are going to say 1000x. You might wait until you have something original to say, but I'm not interested in all the usual explanations that are either cheesy or total flops about certain passages, like Rev 3:21 and Christ not being seated already (yours earlier today).
I don't have anything original to say. I'm just showing you what the BIBLE says. It's been around a long time. You should get one.

SaulToPaul 2

I don't have anything original to say. I'm just showing you what the BIBLE says. It's been around a long time. You should get one.

Yes, it's the same thing over and over. RD, myself, and others post scripture and believe exactly what it says. IP quotes commentaries and denies the passage. Who's right? When I get to the Judgement Seat, I'd rather quote scripture than various commentaries.

Interplanner

I know why; you don't.

So, once again, you accuse Paul of not understanding the direct revelation that he got from the LORD Jesus Christ.

We do know why from 2 Peter 3. this is simple, basic NT knowledge. How could you miss it?

Just as Paul said 'I say this, not the Lord' vs 'The Lord said this, not I' in I Cor 7:10-12, I don't hold Paul to exactness on this DoJ stuff. We know it was destroyed, but we also know a delay in his return in judgement of the whole world was allowed.

We know the DoJ was when 'babes-became-adults' but about the whole world's judgement, 'only the Father knows.'

"Get a Bible" I have tried to correct you on many points with the ones I have. That's why Rev 3:21 is balanced by heb 1:8.

Your memory or something is the nuisance here. So is the praise you get from the D'ist goons.

Right Divider

Body part
We do know why from 2 Peter 3. this is simple, basic NT knowledge. How could you miss it?

Just as Paul said 'I say this, not the Lord' vs 'The Lord said this, not I' in I Cor 7:10-12, I don't hold Paul to exactness on this DoJ stuff. We know it was destroyed, but we also know a delay in his return in judgement of the whole world was allowed.

We know the DoJ was when 'babes-became-adults' but about the whole world's judgement, 'only the Father knows.'

"Get a Bible" I have tried to correct you on many points with the ones I have. That's why Rev 3:21 is balanced by heb 1:8.

Your memory or something is the nuisance here. So is the praise you get from the D'ist goons.
:rotfl:

You're a load of laughs.

Interplanner

I know why; you don't.

You say you know why Paul said the end was soon. Go ahead, clarify.

Interplanner

That "coming" is the SAME coming as referred to in Zechariah chapter 14 (and many other places).

No problem with that, but don't press the details too far (how is it a victory, when half of God's people die and all the women are raped?), and there is nothing that says that coming couldn't have been right after the DofJ, like so much of the NT originally (this generation). But now--now we know it was not.

So other than your really, really strong feeling that it is the judgement of the world, is there any reason in the text, not your feelings (like your really, really strong feelings about Mt 25's coming and sitting) that defines things here in 2 Peter 3? I mean, there is not even a quote of Zech 14 in the text, nor an allusion that I know of, so there is no direct reason to jump to another text and say its from that.

Interplanner

Once you get familiar with the events of the DoJ and then go back and read something like Zech 14 (knowing how many times those passages were quoted in the gospels) you can get the impression that he meant it to happen right after the DoJ.

Especially when Christ and Paul spoke of it happening right then, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.