The Real Problem With Religion

Nanja

The thief on the cross had to act first. He had to reach out to Jesus. Jesus didn't reach out to him.

Nanja
The thief on the cross was a Sheep of Christ that He gave His Life for John 10:11, 15.

He was Born of the Spirit and given Faith to believe in Christ Gal. 5:22, right there while he hung next to Jesus Luke 23:43.

And likewise, every Elect Child of God shall passively receive New Birth in time and be given Faith to Believe on Christ.

For they were already saved and called according to God's Purpose and Grace given them in Christ Jesus before the world began.

Hence, the Gospel of the Grace of God:

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Nope, he didn't. He was already chosen in union with Christ to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7, and Saved in Christ his Surety Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6 before the world began.

And it was revealed to him just moments before his death!

Truster

If you are going to reprimand someone you should it with scripture. You never seem too quote what the bible says about anything.

All men are born into the world as sinners. This is why Paul said there is none righteous, no, not one, Romans 3:10. All men are under condemnation unless they repent and call on Christ to save them, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. There are many that are to proud to call on Christ to save them, Calvinist are one of them. Instead of calling on Christ to save them, they want God to call on them by predestinating them so they don't have to humble themselves and be dependent upon Christ to save them. They and all others like them, will be in the Lord, Lord, didn't we group, Matthew 7:21-23. "Lord, Lord, didn't I" is a one way ticket to hell.

Everything I think, say and do is founded on the scriptures. You don't recognise the doctrine and you never have. With you, everything is a competition for you to be right. You use scriptures, but you do so decietfully.

PS there is at least four verses of scripture in the above.

Robert Pate

Banned
Nanja

Nope, he didn't. He was already chosen in union with Christ to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7, and Saved in Christ his Surety Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6 before the world began.

And it was revealed to him just moments before his death!

If you have a Bible you can read about the thief.

The thief said, "Jesus, Lord, remember me when you come unto your Kingdom" Luke 23:42.

The thief was the first one to respond. Before that Jesus said NOTHING to him.

Nanja

If you have a Bible you can read about the thief.

The thief said, "Jesus, Lord, remember me when you come unto your Kingdom" Luke 23:42.

The thief was the first one to respond. Before that Jesus said NOTHING to him.

We can know without a doubt that this thief had just been given Spiritual Life by the Spirit [New Birth] when he said:

Luke 23:42
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

1Co 12:3
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Now there are many who say that Jesus is Lord by the flesh, in their natural mind, but if they haven't been Born of the Spirit there's no proof they belong to Him; that He is their Lord.

"Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." -Rom. 8:9

The story of the penitent thief has sometimes been considered the most surprising, the most suggestive, the most instructive incident in all Gospel narrative .... In the salvation of one of the thieves, theology finds one of its finest demonstrations. Sacramentalism was refuted, for the thief was saved without recourse to baptism, the Lord's Supper, church, ceremony, or good works. The dogma of purgatory was refuted, for this vile sinner was instantly transformed into a saint and made fit for paradise apart from his personal expiation of a single sin. The teaching of universalism was refuted, for only one was saved of all who might have been saved. Jesus did not say, “Today ye shall be with me in paradise,” but “Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” The notion of soul-sleep was refuted, for the clear implication of the entire incident is that the redeemed thief would be in conscious fellowship with his Saviour in paradise even while his body disintegrated in some grave. Too, it is doubtful whether any other gospel incident presents the plan of salvation more clearly or simply. -Dr. Charles Erdman

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The thief on the cross was a Sheep of Christ that He gave His Life for John 10:11, 15.

He was Born of the Spirit and given Faith to believe in Christ Gal. 5:22, right there while he hung next to Jesus Luke 23:43.

And likewise, every Elect Child of God shall passively receive New Birth in time and be given Faith to Believe on Christ.

For they were already saved and called according to God's Purpose and Grace given them in Christ Jesus before the world began.

Hence, the Gospel of the Grace of God:

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Ignorant statement of my post. The thief didn't know anything about election whatsoever and he was still saved. Case closed.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
Ignorant statement of my post. The thief didn't know anything about election whatsoever and he was still saved. Case closed.

No one will be saved that does not call on Christ to save them.

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

The thief on the cross was reaching out to Jesus. He never did say, "Thank God, I am one of the elect".

Nanja

He didn't have to. It was revealed to him when He was Born of the Spirit who His Lord was!

We can know without a doubt that this thief had just been given Spiritual Life by the Spirit [New Birth] when he said:

Luke 23:42
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

1Co 12:3
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Now there are many who say that Jesus is Lord by the flesh, in their natural mind, but if they haven't been Born of the Spirit there's no proof they belong to Him; that He is their Lord.

"Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." -Rom. 8:9

beloved57

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

The thief on the cross was reaching out to Jesus. He never did say, "Thank God, I am one of the elect".

False statement and promoting salvation by works. You deny that sinners Christ died for are saved!

beloved57

If you are going to reprimand someone you should it with scripture. You never seem too quote what the bible says about anything.

All men are born into the world as sinners. This is why Paul said there is none righteous, no, not one, Romans 3:10. All men are under condemnation unless they repent and call on Christ to save them, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. There are many that are to proud to call on Christ to save them, Calvinist are one of them. Instead of calling on Christ to save them, they want God to call on them by predestinating them so they don't have to humble themselves and be dependent upon Christ to save them. They and all others like them, will be in the Lord, Lord, didn't we group, Matthew 7:21-23. "Lord, Lord, didn't I" is a one way ticket to hell.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost, thus denying Christ death of its Saving Power and Ability. That's antichrist!

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost, thus denying Christ death of its Saving Power and Ability. That's antichrist!

All that you have the power to do is make false accusations and lies.

You teach that God is an unjust, unmerciful tyrant and that his Son Jesus Christ is a failure.

What you believe will get you a first class ticket to hell.

beloved57

All that you have the power to do is make false accusations and lies.

You teach that God is an unjust, unmerciful tyrant and that his Son Jesus Christ is a failure.

What you believe will get you a first class ticket to hell.
You know good and well that you believe and teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Robert Pate

Banned
You know good and well that you believe and teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost!

No one is lost by the will of God, because Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.
You are not capable of receiving or understanding truth because you are a religious reprobate.
This is what you will need to do if you want to be saved, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

beloved57

No one is lost by the will of God, because Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.
You are not capable of receiving or understanding truth because you are a religious reprobate.
This is what you will need to do if you want to be saved, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
You teach that sinners Christ died for are lost. That's saying that Christ death alone can't save sinners He died for. That's unbelief!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Understood

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I think that you are right. They are too proud to call on Christ to save them. They want God to chose them by predestinating them to salvation. Not going to happen that way.

No, you are wrong. They did call on God to save them. They just have the belief that they were always saved which is kind of true whether or not you want to be to technical

Robert Pate

Banned
No, you are wrong. They did call on God to save them. They just have the belief that they were always saved which is kind of true whether or not you want to be to technical

It is true that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9 and everyone is saved. However, nothing is ours until it is received by faith. If it is not received by faith, it is not ours, John 1:12.