ECT The Real Most Miisunderstood Passage in the Bible John 3

Wick Stick

Wick Stick said:
You've never heard of the second second coming? I'm pretty sure it's right there in Revelation 23...
No, would you care to explain it a bit for me? :)
It's similar to the fifth third bank. You add the numerator, carry the 1, divide by pie, and voila! You just made an apple streudel! Drizzle with caramel and serve warm, with vanilla ice cream a la mode.

Wick Stick

Jerry Shugart said:
In reality we are living on the earth and not in heaven.
...which is the way it is intended, both now and later.

I don't know if you noticed, but up in the heavens, there's not much air, or water. Also there are fatal doses of radiation. It doesn't seem like a nice place to live, but don't take my word for it, ask Scott Kelly.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Mt 24 passage has nothing to do with the 2nd coming. The 'taken' ones are ruined. It is about the destruction of Jerusalem that was going to happen in that generation. Dan 9 had mentioned that the end (of the city and country) would happen 'like a flood', which is why Jesus used that imagery.
The Roman invasion of Jerusalem in AD 70 was thorough and unmitigated destruction, that is true.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
All changed. Check. Not sure that implies multiple bodies, though.

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 1Co 12:27
OK, but "body" is a homonym, and in one case, we each have a body, and in the other case, we are in communion as a Body.

Danoh

The Roman invasion of Jerusalem in AD 70 was thorough and unmitigated destruction, that is true.

Yeah, but his is based on Preterist 70Adist notions that that was the end of that for Israel.

He parts company with some of that within his own remake of their erroneous conclusion, but that is all he has done.

Isaiah 2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

Wick Stick

OK, but "body" is a homonym, and in one case, we each have a body, and in the other case, we are in communion as a Body.
Yes. But in which sense does the resurrection occur? Are you resurrected with a new body, or are you resurrected as part of the Body?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Yes. But in which sense does the resurrection occur? Are you resurrected with a new body, or are you resurrected as part of the Body?

Inquiring minds want to know.
I don't know what you're on about. Do you want to go back and try again at what you understand of Revelation 23, instead of cracking wise about it? If that's what you were doing. I couldn't even tell. You're very difficult to understand, you're not coming through loud and clear.

Wick Stick

I don't know what you're on about. Do you want to go back and try again at what you understand of Revelation 23, instead of cracking wise about it? If that's what you were doing. I couldn't even tell. You're very difficult to understand, you're not coming through loud and clear.
Revelation has 22 chapters. There is no 23rd chapter.

463.jpg

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
'Must have been thinking of this one.

A Psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Lahey told Trevor that he was on a fishing expedition, and then Trevor immediately coughed up the secret "censored driveway." :rolleyes: That makes perfect sense to me, but it makes no sense to you. Don't be subtle if you don't want to fight. That's kind of how I navigate here. Anybody who wants to fight will make it clear, and user accounts that are subtle with me, I demand that they clear things up, I'm fine with anything but subtlety, and I will attack it.

And that means I'm OK with user accounts that want to fight. They're fine with me. It's the subtle user accounts that I don't like.

Wick Stick

Don't be subtle if you don't want to fight. That's kind of how I navigate here. Anybody who wants to fight will make it clear, and user accounts that are subtle with me, I demand that they clear things up, I'm fine with anything but subtlety, and I will attack it.

And that means I'm OK with user accounts that want to fight. They're fine with me. It's the subtle user accounts that I don't like.
I made a joke. I thought everyone got it. Apparently you didn't. I explained it to you. You felt foolish. Now you're what... challenging me to a fight? Are you 10 years old? Grow up.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I made a joke. I thought everyone got it. Apparently you didn't. I explained it to you. You felt foolish. Now you're what... challenging me to a fight? Are you 10 years old? Grow up.
You missed where me not getting your subtle attempt at humor is on you, and not on me. When you realized I wasn't getting your joke, you could have done something soft but instead you acted hard and you found a meme in order to ridicule me for not getting your precious joke. You're a bully. You're blaming me for your [subtle] trespass.