The real book on Christianity.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
In my view, Paul suffered because he was an Apostle, but I think its within reason to say some of his suffering was because he was Christian, yes. Rome showed no prejudice in their lust to punish the believers in God, no matter what you would label those believers. The followers of " The Way" suffered before they switched their name to Christian, and suffered after.

Does the term " Christianity' deserved to be lifted up like the term " Christ?" Well because they are so closely related, the term Christian has become just as holy as Christ; to the Christians that is. That is one of the reasons " Christmas" is so revered, because it contains within it" Christ."

One could separate Paul's suffering from Christianity, or include it with it; and either way, in my view, be correct.

Join the great host of wall tappers, folks that haves to tap their way along the wall even in bright sunshine...they are blind. They all think they are better informed than the rest of us lowly plebs. They have a handle on things...they are at the crux of the matter.

Wise in their own conceits

Let someone come along and say to them "I have found Him of whom the prophets speak....He is altogether lovely and fair, He hath dealt kindly with my soul"

They may afford a pleasant comment upon that, "that's nice" they say.

But it totally DISproves your theory, it PROVES that the church is everything it ever was, everything that God wants it to be. It STILL has the ancient power to impart the truth that brings PEACE to the human soul, JOY to the inner man, LOVE to the human heart. It still is able to share the keys that will solve people's hardest trials, the church still has the power to heal.

As long as the message is being preached "JESUS SAVES" as long as people hear it and believe it and can call upon Him.

Mickiel

I am somewhat familiar with the history of the Christian religion and I have noted the transition of "the church" going from being people to being a building. I have sought to avoid that innovation.

Well yes, it started with Constantine, who gave Christianity a lot of freedom to worship and expanded their privileges, so the Christians naturally thought that blessing came from God. Church building began with Constantine. By AD 324 he became the emperor of the entire Roman Empire. But Constantine's thinking was dominated by superstition and pagan magic. Following his conversion to Christianity, he never abandoned sun worship. But he was the heavy influence of that time. Many historians doubt that his conversion was genuine, because he infused so much paganism into Christianity. He was an ego maniac who went on a building spree; he changed Christianity in many ways.

fzappa13

Well yes, it started with Constantine, who gave Christianity a lot of freedom to worship and expanded their privileges, so the Christians naturally thought that blessing came from God. Church building began with Constantine. By AD 324 he became the emperor of the entire Roman Empire. But Constantine's thinking was dominated by superstition and pagan magic. Following his conversion to Christianity, he never abandoned sun worship. But he was the heavy influence of that time. Many historians doubt that his conversion was genuine, because he infused so much paganism into Christianity. He was an ego maniac who went on a building spree; he changed Christianity in many ways.

I don't think Constantine's motives are so quickly summated but that is just my opinion.

Mickiel

What are you trying to convey/inform or ask

I want to take a real historical look at Christianity. Read the real book on it, so to speak. In just one example, I think most of what present day Christians do in church each Sunday, is really rooted- not in the New Testament, but in pagan culture and rituals developed long after the death of the Apostles.

Even the evolution of church architecture, the various stages of building, passed down from Constantine, have their roots in paganism. Such as " Gothic cathedrals", stained glass windows, and " The Steeple" was even brought back from history with the rise of the Roman Catholic church.

Mickiel

I don't think Constantine's motives are so quickly summated but that is just my opinion.

Well he brought peace for all Christians during his reign, in fact, under him, Christianity became legit; it had risen to a status greater than Judaism and paganism. For those reasons, the Christians saw Constantine's rise to Emperor as an act of God. They did not see, at that time, that he melded Christianity and Roman culture together. Now what God thinks about that meld, I'll get into later. At least what I think God thinks about it.

The period of Christian building demonstrates that the church entered into a close alliance with pagan culture. The first century Christians would have never done that, not in my view. They were opposed to paganism. That all changed during the 4th century and Constantine, pagan religious ideas and practices were " Christianized." Constantine even granted tax exempt status for all church property.

OCTOBER23

Christians are about 1/3 of humanity
-------------------------------------------

NO, CATHOLICS ARE PAGANS WHO BOW DOWN TO STATUES AND IDOLS

AND KEEP PAGAN HOLIDAYS LIKE EASTER AND CHRISTMAS.

REV 3:8 and JEREMIAH 10

--REAL CHRISTIANS HAVE ALWAYS EXISTED SUCH AS THE WALDENSIANS - GOOGLE IT.

Mickiel

Christians are about 1/3 of humanity
-------------------------------------------

NO, CATHOLICS ARE PAGANS WHO BOW DOWN TO STATUES AND IDOLS

AND KEEP PAGAN HOLIDAYS LIKE EASTER AND CHRISTMAS.

REV 3:8 and JEREMIAH 10

--REAL CHRISTIANS HAVE ALWAYS EXISTED SUCH AS THE WALDENSIANS - GOOGLE IT.

Catholics are Christians too, in my view, inspite of what they practice. I know plenty of Christians who are not Catholics, who keep Christmas and Easter. And in my view, and the biblical view, Christianity started at Antioch. And I have yet to see a church that has not been influenced by paganism. None that I am aware of.

Mickiel

From Constantine's church building, to helping Christianity, a serious turn in church history was being born. The church was being trained to adore the political power that leads them. The power that blesses them was being confused for God. Constantine liked his new influence over the church, and the church liked what he could do for them. Church and state were now in prenuptials.

And oh how history will record that alliance.

OCTOBER23

Catholics are Christians too, in my view, inspite of what they practice.
-----------------------------------------------
Mick, you have a lot to learn.............:duh:

fzappa13

Constantine convenes the Council of Nicea; and history is about to be written;

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/timeline_10.html

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blchron_xian_council.htm

Same list from a Catholic source;

http://www.catholic.org/prayers/councils.php

I wanted to use two completely different sources to show this history.

I think the material offered in your sources a bit cursory. I also think the dissolution of the Roman empire of that day a natural result of the nature of the "shotgun wedding" that saw it cobbled together in the first place. There was much more than just what would later be termed as "Arianism" that lay at the root of the difficulty of maintaining such a philosophically and geographically disparate empire.

CherubRam

I think the material offered in your sources a bit cursory. I also think the dissolution of the Roman empire of that day a natural result of the nature of the "shotgun wedding" that saw it cobbled together in the first place. There was much more than just what would later be termed as "Arianism" that lay at the root of the difficulty of maintaining such a philosophically and geographically disparate empire.
Trinitarianism was introduced into Christianity by the Catholics, not the other way around.

Mickiel

Catholics are Christians too, in my view, inspite of what they practice.
-----------------------------------------------
Mick, you have a lot to learn.............:duh:

Yes I do have a lot to learn; I learned that the more I learn, that there is even more to learn; so my learning is and must remain constant. That's why I like history, it has a lot to teach. The true history of Christianity would shock most Christians, that's why they don't want to learn it.

Why put yourself through shock therapy , if it would make the knowledge of your religion uncomfortable. Its the old saying and desire of humans; prophesy only good things to me!

Mickiel

With Constantine, Rome now has the power, and the remnant of God's church at its disposal. It could effect change, even in how the bible was translated. How many times was the bible pricked at the councils of the church? They will never admit to the subtle changes made over the years, no.

What do you think? When men get their hands on things of such value, what have they historically done to it?

When the bible got exposed to Latin, much of the " Meddling of men" began.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations_into_Latin

Mickiel

Trinitarianism was introduced into Christianity by the Catholics, not the other way around.

Which came first, the egg or the chicken? Christianity came before Catholics did. Catholics came out from Christianity, because Catholics evolved from Christianity. Christianity absorbed paganism, before they absorbed Catholicism. Catholicism is a child of Christianity.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
It's the old saying and desire of humans; prophesy only good things to me!

:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway: Satan and his followers are the cowards (Jas 4:7).

Promises :straight: for Christians :listen: the overcomers: eating of the tree of life (Rev. 2:7), exemption from the second death (Rev. 2:11), power over the nations (Rev. 2:26), clothed in white garments (Rev. 3:5), made a pillar in God’s Temple (Rev. 3:12), rulership with Christ (Rev. 3:21)." Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 464). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

Coward of the County ~ Kinny
cartman22.gif

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
With Constantine, Rome now has the power...
Does that much matter right about now? :juggle:

:eek:linger: How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously,
So much torment and sorrow give her:
For she saith in her heart, I sit a queen,
limpwrist.gif

And am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Therefore shall her plagues come in one day,
Death, and mourning, and famine;
:burnlib: And she shall be utterly burned with fire (Re 18:7–8). :popcorn:

Mickiel

Some Christians tickle me, the way they try to divorce their religion from Catholicism. That's like trying to disown one of your children. Christianity is full of Catholic traditions. The " Pulpit" in Christian churches comes from Catholicism, as does " The Pews" and the Balcony. The basic Sunday mourning order of worship, the Pastors chair, the congregation standing when the clergy enters, the contemporary sermon, the choir, funeral processions and orations, tithing, the usher, Christianity can't disown Catholicism until it changes its whole religion.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christianity came before Catholics did.

No way. Catholicism is an updated version of the ancient Egyptian religion. There is even an obelisk in St. Peter's square to identify its worship of the sun.