ECT The problem I see on Christian forums:

Interplanner

How about a verse or two to support your assertions?

I try not to be weighty. However, what you just wrote needs weight. Hot air has no substance..

Jn 17, for one, shows that there was an understanding of the 'risk' involved in creating humanity. Sometimes this is called the 'parenting risk' in theology.

The grief expressed by God in Gen 6 about what mankind had become is also an indication that he knew before hand that it could go that badly.

I don't think we need Bible verses to tell us that a person who sacrifices for the benefit of another is to be honored, but of course, several do.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The problem I see is the many variations and divisions among Christians, too many strong headed know-it-alls that don't know scripture. Or they do, but they they don't grasp what it means and actually says. Between that and the trolls and wackos, nothing gets done. I don't think I've seen a thread run a natural course to a valid conclusion.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The problem I see is the many variations and divisions among Christians, too many strong headed know-it-alls that don't know scripture. Or they do, but they they don't grasp what it means and actually says. Between that and the trolls and wackos, nothing gets done. I don't think I've seen a thread run a natural course to a valid conclusion.

Patrick,

Have you ever been filled with the Holy Spirit?

LA

Interplanner

It's still good for this forum to be here, provided the members read Scripture 10x more than posts here, and don't descend into personal attacks.. It may not seem like conclusions are being reached but I think they are reached or that the opposing view is at least hearing the opposing idea with more clarity than they would in the protection of a familiar group.

Cross Reference

It's still good for this forum to be here, provided the members read Scripture 10x more than posts here, and don't descend into personal attacks.. It may not seem like conclusions are being reached but I think they are reached or that the opposing view is at least hearing the opposing idea with more clarity than they would in the protection of a familiar group.

Does that correction also include, "condescension"?