ECT THE PRACTICAL NECESSITY OF AN INFALLIBLE & AUTHORITATIVE INTERPRETER

HisServant

And of course, you provided nothing more than propaganda.... nothing of substance.

There are no such things called sacraments in scripture.

Mithraism, on the other hand, had 7 sacraments...... it is not a coincidence.

Also.... priests (elders) are REQUIRED TO BY MARRIED... so I that his family can be examined to determine fitness for eldership.

You are one heck of a liar....

Timotheos

It is the "Roman" Church.

Sorry, no.

It is the Church of Jesus Christ, Who was born in Bethehem, grew up in Nazareth, Crucified in Jerusalem, Resurrected by God, ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father, and will return to resurrect the dead to life and judge the world. I am a member of HIS Church.

What is "Rome"? Some little city that makes big boasts about itself. I'm not buying it.

njspolk

13007210_956182544451563_6103187946917930164_n.jpg

Comments or Questions?

The problem with this is that it only has its base in Calvinist tradition. It totally ignores the early Church Fathers and the early Creeds. It has no Scriptural foundation unless one takes a verse out of context to support their claim.

People always want to emphasize the "infallible" word and demonize philosophy and early Church history when Calvin had his own philosophy and approach to Scripture, which developed into modern day fundamentalism.

The Patristics discourage people from reading the word "infallible." It cannot be creative, beautiful or authoritative if one twists Scripture with the false label of "infallibility."

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Timotheos

On the day of the Church's birth, Pentecost, in Jerusalem, in AD 33, one of the languages spoken by the Eleven Apostles was Latin.

Acts 2:10 "Visitors from Rome".

And now these "visitors from Rome" push their way to the front and make loud boasts that nobody can understand the scriptures unless THEY tell them what it means. It's a bogus claim, and its the same claim that every false teacher has made since the beginning of time, "Don't believe what God says, don't believe what God's Word says, don't believe what the Bible says, just trust ME and believe whatever I say!"

Here's a clue for you. If someone claims to be the ONLY person that God speaks to, run away! They are false teachers. I'm so sick of Catholic boasts of superiority. Try a little humility before Almighty God, just for a change.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
And now these "visitors from Rome" push their way to the front and make loud boasts that nobody can understand the scriptures unless THEY tell them what it means. It's a bogus claim,

who is making that claim?
-I am free to interpret scripture on my own
-I am free to evaluate other interpretations
-but
-I know I have to be very careful when something is not consistent with what the church teaches
-the church must guide us in what is important
-you must be able to see that

Timotheos

who is making that claim?
Nihilo and the OP
-I am free to interpret scripture on my own
Not according to them. You need them to interpret scripture for you, since their denomination is apparently "infallible".
-I am free to evaluate other interpretations
I agree, but they do not. They think that you need them to evaluate other interpretations for you. Sheer arrogance, I know, but they can't see that.
Butt has two Ts, just saying.
-I know I have to be very careful when something is not consistent with what the church teaches
I agree, and they do not. I also think is twice as important to be careful when researching something that "everybody knows." It is easy to overlook assumptions.
-the church must guide us in what is important
If that is true, then it is important that we check the Church to make sure she is guiding us correctly. Assumptions about one group's supposed superiority are just that - ASSUMPTIONS.
-you must be able to see that
I agree with you, which is more than I can say for the High and Mighty Catholic Lords. I have nothing against Catholics in general, I have the same advice for them as for anyone. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you. The tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things. The Romans are small members, yet they boast of great things. God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. They boast in their arrogance that they are infallible. All such boasting is evil. I urge repentance before the Lord God Almighty.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Nihilo and the OP

Not according to them. You need them to interpret scripture for you, since their denomination is apparently "infallible".

I agree, but they do not. They think that you need them to evaluate other interpretations for you. Sheer arrogance, I know, but they can't see that.
Butt has two Ts, just saying.
I agree, and they do not. I also think is twice as important to be careful when researching something that "everybody knows." It is easy to overlook assumptions.
If that is true, then it is important that we check the Church to make sure she is guiding us correctly. Assumptions about one group's supposed superiority are just that - ASSUMPTIONS.

I agree with you, which is more than I can say for the High and Mighty Catholic Lords. I have nothing against Catholics in general, I have the same advice for them as for anyone. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you. The tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things. The Romans are small members, yet they boast of great things. God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. They boast in their arrogance that they are infallible. All such boasting is evil. I urge repentance before the Lord God Almighty.

I don't see what you are claiming in the op
-please show me the nihilo post that does

Timotheos

I don't see what you are claiming in the op
It was in the picture in the OP, The Church is infallible. I'm surprised that you didn't see it.

-please show me the nihilo post that does
Okay, give me a minute to read through the thread again to find it. (I'm not sure why you couldn't do this for yourself, but okay!)

What the Church's magisterium teaches on the matter is however another matter completely. What the Holy See teaches regarding faith, doctrine and morals is literally what the Maker Himself thinks, and what He wants us to know.

Yes, the official teaching office, or Magisterium (body of bishops), of the Catholic Church teaches infallibly in matters of doctrine and morals.

Timotheos

you made the claim
Okay, I editted my last post to include the boasts made by Nihilo and Cruciform.

I can read through the thread to find the boasts, and I did. I was just wondering why you couldn't do it for yourself. But you know that you are my friend and I am willing to do this for you.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Acts 2:10 "Visitors from Rome".

And now these "visitors from Rome" push their way to the front and make loud boasts that nobody can understand the scriptures unless THEY tell them what it means.

this is the claim you made
-neither nihilo or cruciform said that
-and
-it is not true no matter who says it

God's Truth

13007210_956182544451563_6103187946917930164_n.jpg

Comments or Questions?

The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life. All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.
God’s word is understandable even to a young child. How from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, see 2 Timothy 3:15. We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105. For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus.
See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14. God revealed the truth to little children, and God hid the truth from the wise and learned.
Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
We are not to follow tradition or church laws or any human rules as authority for the church (Matthew 15:1-14; Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:6-9; Proverbs 14:12; 2 John 9-11; Jeremiah 10:23).

God's Truth

Jesus gives understanding to ANYONE---Jesus reveals himself, the TRUTH to ALL who get his teachings and obey them!

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

God's Truth

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO have a leader BESIDES JESUS!

You do not have to elect any MAN and put that man on a pedestal!

You do NOT have to put him in a long flowing robe and a tall hat.

You do not have to have others bowing to him and giving him the seat of most importance to convince others to listen to him and follow him!

The Catholic denomination is FALSE, but do not worry because ALL denominations are false.

Get Jesus' teachings from the Holy Bible and do what he says, for he, Jesus, says he will reveal the truth to you if you do.

Timotheos

this is the claim you made
-neither nihilo or cruciform said that
-and
-it is not true no matter who says it

That is what they are saying when they say that all Christians need the "infallible" Roman Church to interpret the scriptures for them. I know that you love the church, warts and all, and that is a good thing. It is another thing to deny that the church has warts at all.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That is what they are saying when they say that all Christians need the "infallible" Roman Church to interpret the scriptures for them.
no
-they are not saying that
-and
-you need me to tell you that
-so
-why are you surprised by how others choose to interpret scripture?

Timotheos

It is the "Roman" Church.

I am informed that you do not believe that Christians need the Roman Church to interpret the scriptures for them. IF this is the case, then you and I agree because we have no need of the Roman Church to interpret the scriptures for us.

Thank you very much.