The Only Guarantee Of Salvation

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky, Again, why did Jesus call Himself I Am?

I said
Jesus was teaching in the temple and they were questioning Him on whether or not He was the Christ. Then they all went home and came back the next day to question Him some more. When Jesus told them: you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am He. Then in verse 58 Jesus was telling them that even before Abraham that I am . But they picked up stones to throw at Him so they cut Jesus off in the middle of His sentance and Jesus got out of there. Jesus was claiming that" I AM He" the Christ. Jesus was not claiming He was God.
verse 24 and 28 Jesus said it, I am he. Jesus was saying He was the Christ that they were speaking of in John 7-41. But in is obvious why they didnt understand from John 7-39 they havent received the Holy Spirit yet. And even today many do not know the Spirit and get deceived in the verses.

John 8:58-59
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

marhig

I believe in salvation by grace through faith.

Ephesians 2:8-9 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God— 9 not the result of works, so that no one may boast.

How about you, what do you believe?
If we have true faith, then we will do the works of God, and live by his will.

marhig

Jesus said that you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free. He also said that He is the truth. If you know Jesus, you know the truth.
And if we know that Jesus is the truth then we'll live by his teachings and not just Paul's, as Jesus said, my sheep hear my voice. The truth sets us free from the world and the chains of darkness.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Jesus was teaching in the temple and they were questioning Him on whether or not He was the Christ. Then they all went home and came back the next day to question Him some more. When Jesus told them: you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am He. Then in verse 58 Jesus was telling them that even before Abraham that I am . But they picked up stones to throw at Him so they cut Jesus off in the middle of His sentance and Jesus got out of there. Jesus was claiming that" I AM He" the Christ. Jesus was not claiming He was God.
verse 24 and 28 Jesus said it, I am he. Jesus was saying He was the Christ that they were speaking of in John 7-41. But in is obvious why they didnt understand from John 7-39 they havent received the Holy Spirit yet. And even today many do not know the Spirit and get deceived in the verses.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 8:58-59 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

58 Jesus said to them, “Very truly, I tell you, before Abraham was, I am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

Believer's Bible Commentary:
The Lord Jesus here made another clear claim to be God. He did not saw before Abraham was I was. That might simply mean that He came into existence before Abraham. Rather He used the name of God: I Am. The Lord jesus had dwelt with the Father from all eternity. There was never a time when He came into being, or when He did not exist. Therefore He said before Abraham was I Am. In verse 59, the Jews attempted to put Jesus to death, but He hid himself and went out of the temple. The Jews understood exactly what Jesus meant when He said "Before Abraham was I Am." He was claiming to be Jehovah! It was for this reason that they sought to stone Him, because to them this was blasphemy. They were unwilling to accept the fact that the Messiah was standing in their midst. They would not have Him reign over them.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
John 8:58-59 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

58 Jesus said to them, “Very truly, I tell you, before Abraham was, I am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

Believer's Bible Commentary:
The Lord Jesus here made another clear claim to be God. He did not saw before Abraham was I was. That might simply mean that He came into existence before Abraham. Rather He used the name of God: I Am. The Lord jesus had dwelt with the Father from all eternity. There was never a time when He came into being, or when He did not exist. Therefore He said before Abraham was I Am. In verse 59, the Jews attempted to put Jesus to death, but He hid himself and went out of the temple. The Jews understood exactly what Jesus meant when He said "Before Abraham was I Am." He was claiming to be Jehovah! It was for this reason that they sought to stone Him, because to them this was blasphemy. They were unwilling to accept the fact that the Messiah was standing in their midst. They would not have Him reign over them.

I said
lololol That is one stupid commentary. No wonder Trinitarians are so screwed up.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If it is right you are in trouble.

I said
lolol And if I am right you are in trouble. Read this

THE I AM DELUSION
John 7:39-43
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
43 So there was a division among the people because of him.
John 8:23-24
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:28-29
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
(KJV)
xxx Jesus was teaching in the temple and they were questioning Him on whether or not He was the Christ. Then they all went home and came back the next day to question Him some more. When Jesus told them: you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am He. Then in verse 58 Jesus was telling them that even before Abraham that I am . But they picked up stones to throw at Him so they cut Jesus off in the middle of His sentance and Jesus got out of there. Jesus was claiming that" I AM He" the Christ. Jesus was not claiming He was God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lolol And if I am right you are in trouble. Read this

THE I AM DELUSION
John 7:39-43
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
43 So there was a division among the people because of him.
John 8:23-24
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:28-29
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
(KJV)
xxx Jesus was teaching in the temple and they were questioning Him on whether or not He was the Christ. Then they all went home and came back the next day to question Him some more. When Jesus told them: you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am He. Then in verse 58 Jesus was telling them that even before Abraham that I am . But they picked up stones to throw at Him so they cut Jesus off in the middle of His sentance and Jesus got out of there. Jesus was claiming that" I AM He" the Christ. Jesus was not claiming He was God.

I do not read your revelation for I know which prince they come from.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

9 The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, 10 and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion, leading them to believe what is false, 12 so that all who have not believed the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I do not read your revelation for I know which prince they come from.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

9 The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, 10 and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion, leading them to believe what is false, 12 so that all who have not believed the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.

I said
lol Let me get this straight your going to refuse to read the 8 verses I posted because of 4 verses you have.
That is called picking and choosing what you want to believe.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lol Let me get this straight your going to refuse to read the 8 verses I posted because of 4 verses you have.
That is called picking and choosing what you want to believe.

It is called being smart enough to know truth from error.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
ROFLOL So you think your four verses are truth and my eight verses are error. You better go find some logic, because you haven't got any there.

you call the trash you post here logical? Give me a break. Faulty premises, faulty deduction, faulty logic.