The New Rep System Is A Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Mockery and sarcasm are just "cover emotions" for anger. I don't mind anyone expressing anger. I just wish folks could express it respectfully and openly like any other adult.

I have been banned twice for being disruptive. I do not call others idiots, make fun of their icons or mock them or their quality of their faith.

I will continue to separate and explore the difference between faith as Jesus knew it and theology as the church insists on.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is truly sad that an exclusive focus on Jesus and a moral Christian life is so disruptive and alarming for Theologyonline.

Shame on you, TOL !!!

The victimization, the anger covering up shame and the immaturity of most folks on this website is truly astonishing to me.

Nevertheless, I will continue to stress the authentic parabolic teachings of Jesus as well as connecting myself and the world to the great moral epic of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.

My faith is secure.

i never called you a name or said anything about you faith. i put a smilie crying and my pic; crying.

are you mocking me and telling me i'm not secure in my faith ?

lighten up chuckles !!! i'm smiling and light-hearted. i'm not mocking, it's called making fun. yes, - making fun. i make fun; if there is no fun around, i make fun from scratch. billions of recipes, and i can make fun wherever i go -

it's not mocking - you seem really serious about things - :patrol:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
lighten up chuckles !!! i'm smiling and light-hearted. i'm not mocking, it's called making fun. yes, - making fun. i make fun; if there is no fun around, i make some from scratch. billion of recipes, and i can make fun everywhere i go -

it's not mocking - you seem really serious about things - :patrol:
I think I was luckily enough to be raised up with a sense of caring, fairness and respect. Anyone who tells me I have been rude or cruel means that I ask them for details and then apologize if need be. Simply because I know full well how I feel when someone does the same to me.

And then I move on.

It is truly sad that an exclusive focus on Jesus and a moral Christian life is so disruptive and alarming for Theologyonline.

Shame on you, TOL !!!

The victimization, the anger covering up shame and the immaturity of most folks on this website is truly astonishing to me.

Nevertheless, I will continue to stress the authentic parabolic teachings of Jesus as well as connecting myself and the world to the great moral epic of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.

My faith is secure.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think I was luckily enough to be raised up with a sense of caring, fairness and respect. Anyone who tells me I have been rude or cruel means that I ask them for details and then apologize if need be. Simply because I know full well how I feel when someone does the same top me.

And then I move on.

Shame on you, TOL !!!

My faith is secure.

eventually, you move on after you make a mole hill into a mountain and 50 posts later - :patrol:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
eventually, you move on after you make a mole hill into a mountain and 50 posts later - :patrol:
Just so you know--AGAIN--it was certainly NOT "a molehill" to me. If I am too sensitive, then fine. The sensitive folks I try to respectfully treat them that way.

I have a friend who often dissembles and is pretty darned sensitive to criticism. That's why I always say "I'm having trouble believing you" instead of saying "You're a liar." He is sensitive to being called names so I am careful not to ever do it around him.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What's the same exactly, before I dare to make a wager? :eek:
Don't wager. I'm relatively sure she's right now. She just isn't right about then, if you follow. The example I noted stands. No concentrated math of the then active soots would accomplish it absent a disproportionate initial rep. No point in arguing about it. That's just how it was and now it doesn't have to be.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Whose truth are Truth Smackers supposed to put forth, man's or God's? I'm a bit confused on this score now. We're so badly flawed, how can we possibly consider anything of ours to be even remotely correct unless God is in it and God is not in sin so when we put forth something sinful, how can we call it Godly? The source counts immeasurably for those in Yeshua.
Truth is truth. We tell the truth. It's not always about the gospel.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Just so you know--AGAIN--it was certainly NOT "a molehill" to me. If I am too sensitive, then fine. The sensitive folks I try to respectfully treat them that way.

I have a friend who often dissembles and is pretty darned sensitive to criticism. That's why I always say "I'm having trouble believing you" instead of saying "You're a liar." He is sensitive to being called names so I am careful not to ever do it around him.

then i'm sorry if i offended you or anyone, never my purpose. i'll be more careful and tone my humor and blunt comments to you - :patrol:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
~*~*~

Question:

Those who have disabled their 'rep',...we cant see what rep power value they have. Does the system still count theirs, and are we getting that rep power value when they rep us? - its hard to tell. And when we rep them,...is the system adding to their rep power value? thanks!

I disabled mine but rep power is still showing. So it is meaningless.

I disabled because rep system is so childlike system.

I pos rep to show for encouragement since I am not one of popular groups. And I rep mostly for unpopular posters.

Pos rep system is much more Christian way, IMO.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I disabled mine but rep power is still showing. So it is meaningless.

I disabled because rep system is so childlike system.

I pos rep to show for encouragement since I am not one of popular groups. And I rep mostly for unpopular posters.

Pos rep system is much more Christian way, IMO.

we rep for encouragement, respect, excellent posts, nice comments and all pos from me and many others. don't start off so negative with everything and the say how you are nicer and better. same ol' shak - :patrol:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

i heard ya the first time . . . winner to the king, $500 -

meshak

BANNED
Banned
we rep for encouragement, respect, excellent posts, nice comments and all pos from me and many others. don't start off so negative with everything and the say how you are nicer and better. same ol' shak - :patrol:

neg system is not encouraging.

that's what some posters do on a regular bases and it is not discouraged; they are even encouraged and get more pos reps for giving neg reps..

shame on you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
neg system is not encouraging.

that's what some posters do on a regular bases and it is not discouraged; they are even encouraged and get more pos reps for giving neg reps..

shame on you.

fyi, neg reps deduct 0 or 1 point. 1 pos rep is worth many.

i just repped you once and you went up 49 points or 48. for every 100 rep point you have, it adds 1 point to who you rep = i have 4800 rep power, so if i rep anybody it goes up 48 points for their rep power, see. if i neg repped you 1 time it goes down 0. if i neg you twice it goes down 1. and i must rep 5 others before i could do a second rep on you. NEG REPS MEAN NOTHING< NOBODY NEG REPS anymore. i have given neg rep to 2 deserving users - no more

meshak

BANNED
Banned
fyi, neg reps deduct 0 or 1 point. 1 pos rep is worth many.

i just repped you once and you went up 49 points or 48. for every 100 rep point you have, it adds 1 point to who you rep = i have 4800 rep power, so if i rep anybody it goes up 48 points for their rep power, see. if i neg repped you 1 time it goes down 0. if i neg you twice it goes down 1. and i must rep 5 others before i could do a second rep on you. NEG REPS MEAN NOTHING< NOBODY NEG REPS anymore. i have given neg rep to 2 deserving users - no more

Since when members stopped neg repping?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A blast from the past:

Eeset said:
1.*I will never send someone a negative rep.
2.*I will never report anyone without first sending them a pm expressing what I thought they said and why it bothered me. And I will wait for a reply for at least half a day.
3.*Even if I am not happy with the response I will still not report another person.
4.*I will never look down upon someone. This may sound strange but I believe there is something in every person that is worthy of praise and I find it better to look up than down.

And..... #5..... now what was #5?
oh yeah.......
If I encounter someone who is an immature idiot incapable of handling adult material I won't put them on ignore but I will not interact with them while I search for some redeeming quality that I can look up to. And since I am a slow learner that may take a while. A long long while .
:chuckle:
She blew all her rules rather quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.