The New Rep System Is A Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"America is like a cafeteria, you can have whatever you want but you have to pay for it".

If you want to run up a huge rep then go for it.
What are the rules again? 60 reps a day with three people before hitting the same person again?
So get three friends (or buy or rent three friends, or failing that make three sock accounts) and sit there and rep farm yerself to the top.

You get to rep each of your friends 20 times per day, and they are repping each other and you, so you're bringing in 60 a day as are they.

THEN

You could start a satellite rep farm of four more sock accounts and when you've maxed out your primary group move on to that group and have them rep each other until they have enough points to start hitting your primary.

THEN

Multiply your rep farms until you have 100 sock accounts and you're clicking 6,000 times a day with yourself as the top of a pyramid, like Amway.

The key is to buy all the socks monthly subscriptions so the management doesn't get suspicious.
That's what I did.

:D

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
"America is like a cafeteria, you can have whatever you want but you have to pay for it".

What are the rules again? 60 reps a day with three people before hitting the same person again?
So get three friends (or buy or rent three friends, or failing that make three sock accounts) and sit there and rep farm yerself to the top.

You get to rep each of your friends 20 times per day, and they are repping each other and you, so you're bringing in 60 a day as are they.

THEN

You could start a satellite rep farm of four more sock accounts and when you've maxed out your primary group move on to that group and have them rep each other until they have enough points to start hitting your primary.

THEN

Multiply your rep farms until you have 100 sock accounts and you're clicking 6,000 times a day with yourself as the top of a pyramid, like Amway.

The key is to buy all the socks monthly subscriptions so the management doesn't get suspicious.

It is five around.

I use ping mirrors, when I want to, but I hardly ever want to bother/ and it is bad to do it.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Last edited:

IMJerusha

Once upon a time there was a floating head.
He was different than everyone else because, well, you know, all he had was a head.

One day, between classes at school, the head floated up to the most popular girl in school and asked, "Would you give me the honor of going to the prom with me?"

And she promptly responded, "Are you serious? ME, go to the prom with you? You are nothing but a head. Gross! Stay away from me!"

And the head floated on home with tears in his eyes.

While in bed that night, he prayed really hard, "Oh Lord, please, change me into anything but a head. Please, please, I don't care what it is as long as it's not a head. Anything would be better than this."

So the Lord granted his prayer and turned him into a nice, juicy, plump, floating orange.

The next day at school, the orange floats up to the most popular girl again, and asks, "Will you go to the prom with me now?"

And she responds, "Are you kidding me? Get away from me you freak, you creep me out!"
And she grabbed the floating orange out of the air and threw it down hard onto the pavement where she began stomping it into nothing but a slimy puddle of pulp bits.

The moral of the story is ....
Spoiler
Quit while you're a head.

Aww, that's cute! :)

IMJerusha

THEN

THEN

My goodness, what an expensive proposition on several levels!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How Boeing. :yawn:
The BELL should help keep you awake.

apache.gif

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I noted one member who at the time of noting had 0 posts since the rep reset, less time on the boards and thousands fewer posts, who at that time still managed to double my score and I'd been active and receiving more rep than usual.
When the reset took place Knight had the highest post count, and I had the next highest.

As Knight has explained the system recalculated for that and so before any rep was given out he had the highest power, and I had the next highest.

I was not here that day, so I could not increase my power through posting. However, any post of mine that had no rep yet attached to it, such as those I posted the day before the reset, could still be repped, thus my power increased through that.

I then returned and posted, while giving out reps. My posting increased my rep power, as well as the reps I received that day. My repping others increased their power. Those who repped me as their power increased caused mine to increase all the more [exponentially].

Each member on TOL could rep me 15 times a day [according to the rules]. Of course, non-active members would not because they are not here. However, lurkers who are members could. But without a post count their power will never change.

With literally every soots member I could think of coming in significantly higher than my total and given I'd maxed rep out prior to the reset it didn't take a math major to understand what was happening.
We were repping each other. It doesn't take any sort of genius to figure that out. And it's obvious you're no sort of genius.

My best guess is that one of two things was or is happening. Either soots members had a uniform or relative but substantial boost over other members in general or in relation to one another. But that one of those two things happened isn't a guess.
Or maybe just a desire to waste time giving out reps to each other.

Glory, I'm going to bet that your rep page would resemble a soots fest. Either in numbers or the work of a few whales.

And given how hard some on that side are scrambling to rebut it wasn't a surprise to me that someone from outside of soots would emerge with an equally inexplicable tally. :D Now what you won't find is that happening before a few of us who know better named the tune.
And if we did? So what? Our rep power is no stronger in relation to how many points we give with each rep: our rep power/points. [1:100].

This isn't the first time we've had a reset. I caused one of them.

Or, because if it had happened to one person it would have been remarkable enough, but it wasn't just happening to one or two people, but to a large and exclusive group of them and happening when it wasn't happening to anyone else. That's why when the opening objections came in there wasn't a Glory to point to. She came on the heels of the complaints.

My best bet is that no one in soots would like to see her rep page put on public display or set out as a chronological record. Not blaming her at all, mind you, only stating that if someone who could do that did it I know what we'd see.

But forget that. Here is the narrative that illustrates the problem easily enough:

Two posters, call them A and B

Both arrive about the same time. Both develop a number of friendships and general good will. A is more conservative and gravitates to soots.

The reset happens.​

Inside a day B sees his rep received averages increase a good bit as people respond to the reset. Now B's old averages had managed, over time, to put him in the position to hit the rep ceiling and cause an earlier rep reset, only to move again to the ceiling and remain ahead of most until this one.

And, again, his averages and his participation are both up in the day or so following the reset.

A doubles his rep anyway, without a post, without being present.

How?​

Only two possible answers. Either a large group of people are moving through and repping her old posts or a small number with rep power they aren't capable of having without an undisclosed advantage are doing it.

Either way, people are gaming the system.

Because neither of those was happening to A before the reset and none of what began to happen was happening outside of soots like it was inside of soots.

Couple that with an observation of similar rising totals across a limited number of people with a rather singular unifying trait and you have a statistical happening that isn't happening by accident.

This isn't guesswork. And I can repeat the example (because bizarre statistical odd men out happen) with a few others, did so at the time and settled on one of them as the example only because I knew if she figured out that I was talking about her it wouldn't upset her.

And I looked for the exceptions, the break. I looked across every friend I had who was active, including and I didn't find them, let alone an offset that would look like what I saw with my active soots friends. I was doing better than about anyone outside of soots in that day, which given my position at the time of the reset makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is how present, active soots members found themselves so dramatically outside of any reasonable predictor.

At least someone in soots knows what I'm saying is true. Likely more. In any event I've told the truth and set it out.That's all I mean to do to begin with.

:e4e:
You have already been told exactly what happened. You're just too lacking in reasoning skills to get it through your thick skull.

If I only had a dime for every time I said that after reading a TH post. :cloud9:
:chuckle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yup! And for some reason, I thought of this photo:

images

i'm waiting for new glasses, my eyes are bad. i finally got up close and saw the magazines, the i saw it was wong not wrong. lol

for anybody/everybody, when i post images (i stumbled onto how to do it), somehow i use the g button as a attachment and after it's posted if you click once on the image it enlarges. like i say, that's the only way i know how to post an image, sorry. that was a good one IMJ !!!

Wong Brothers Dry Cleaners

"Two Wongs Make It White"

Status
Not open for further replies.