The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

Christian Liberty

No it doesn't you demon possessed pervert! You have been shown this repeatedly over and over the last few days. You are not stupid, you reject it.

Salvation is a gift, and it is offered to all men. Paul explicitly states this, as well as that he died for all sin. Even Peter says he died once to all sin. You still have to accept the gift, and clearly you do not.

I reject your false gospel, yes. Your fruit shows you to be unregenerate.

Stop making stuff up and quote the Scripture.

This is about service/discipleship/mission, not personal salvation. God is willing to elect/choose all who come to Him in response to His non-coercive, non-causative influence.

Scripture?
Double predestination is indefensible biblically and logically. Even Calvin said it was odious, but believed it anyway to retain his flawed views.

I don't know where you misread me, but I reject double predestnation. I honestly don't know what Calvin taught on that. "Calvinism" is the common term used for those who believe in a particular five points, and I accept those (Its arguable, from what I've heard, that Calvin may actually have taught Universal Atonement) but I believe those because I believe them to be Biblical, not because of anything Calvin taught. I've even questioned Calvin's salvation based on his fruit, which didn't make my dad very happy:p

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I have no problems with those scriptures, but you teach salvation by works, by what a man does !

I teach salvation by grace through faith with works being the fruit vs root (Eph. 2:10).

Your hyper-Calvinism affects your ability to judge other's beliefs.

Free will faith is not a work. This is a Calvinistic myth.

beloved57

I teach salvation by grace through faith with works being the fruit vs root (Eph. 2:10).

You teach Salvation by what a man does, thats works !

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You teach Salvation by what a man does, thats works !

Faith is a response to God, the subjective appropriation of His objective provision. Receiving a free gift by faith is not providing it, initiating it, earning it. Faith is a condition, not a legalistic, self-righteous work. It is commanded by God, not condemned by Him.

beloved57

Faith is a response to God, the subjective appropriation of His objective provision. Receiving a free gift by faith is not providing it, initiating it, earning it. Faith is a condition, not a legalistic, self-righteous work. It is commanded by God, not condemned by Him.

Faith/ Believing is a work because its an conscience act of man, and any act done by us, either in a regenerate or unregenerate state is a work done by us.

The definition of a work according to the greek word used ergon is:

érgon (from ergō, "to work, accomplish") – a work or worker who accomplishes something. 2041 /érgon ("work") is a deed (action) that carries out (completes) an inner desire (intension, purpose).

an act, deed, thing done:

To respond is a act done , a thing done by man. So you believe and teach that God saves a person based upon an act done by them, so thats promoting salvation by your work, by their consicous act of believing with the mind and or heart.

Christian Liberty

The fact that he's even preaching the gospel here is proof that he's not a hyper-calvinist. Hyper-calvinists deny the duty to preach the gospel to all and the duty of all to accept the gospel.

beloved57

The fact that he's even preaching the gospel here is proof that he's not a hyper-calvinist. Hyper-calvinists deny the duty to preach the gospel to all and the duty of all to accept the gospel.

Its not the duty of all to believe the Gospel in regards to Salvation, but only to the saved, for the non elect the Gospel is just for a witness, on How God saved His People, a witness they do not believe of course.

Also this proves that the Gospel can be preached to everyone, but not telling people that Christ died for everyone. I've preached the Gospel here for years, yet not once have I told anyong that Christ died for them and has made Salvation available to them, or that its offered to them. I just preach the Facts of scripture, and leave the results to God !

Christian Liberty

Its not the duty of all to believe the Gospel in regards to Salvation, but only to the saved, for the non elect the Gospel is just for a witness, on How God saved His People, a witness they do not believe of course.

OK, I guess you are a hyper. Denial of duty-faith is a hypercalvinist position.

Also this proves that the Gospel can be preached to everyone, but not telling people that Christ died for everyone. I've preached the Gospel here for years, yet not once have I told anyong that Christ died for them and has made Salvation available to them, or that its offered to them. I just preach the Facts of scripture, and leave the results to God !

I'm not teaching that Christ died for everyone either. I do, however, believe in a general call for all people to repent. I do believe that everyone is duty-bound to repent and put their faith and trust in Christ, regardless of whether they are predestined to do so or not (Matthew 22:14)

Just for curiosity, do you believe I believe the Biblical gospel? Do you believe I am regenerate?

beloved57

rp

OK, I guess you are a hyper. Denial of duty-faith is a hypercalvinist position.

Duty Faith teaching is heresy, and work salvation.

I
do, however, believe in a general call for all people to repent.

Thats false. God does not want the non elect to repent of their sins, for He has already created them as vessels of wrath and is fitting them for destruction.

Repentance is only in view of Remission of sins Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

If Christ has not died for one, then there is no basis for repentance. You say you do not believe Christ died for everyone right ?

do you believe I believe the Biblical gospel?

Tell me what you believe about the Gospel.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
All men are commanded to believe God. Thus, obedience is a universal obligation; else punishment in hell for those who do not believe and obey God, would be unjust.

The gospel message is: because of the fall of Adam, NO man can be saved according to this command to believe (Law).

Men can only find salvation and freedom from bondage to sin to fulfill their creaturely duty to believe and obey God, through faith in Jesus Christ and the saving grace of God.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
In your anti-free will view, God commands what cannot be done. In reality, God's commands can be obeyed or disobeyed (He is reasonable vs unreasonable), so total depravity is not total inability.

beloved57

In your anti-free will view, God commands what cannot be done. In reality, God's commands can be obeyed or disobeyed (He is reasonable vs unreasonable), so total depravity is not total inability.

You teach salvation by works, by keeping commands of God !

beloved57

nang

All men are commanded to believe God.

Thats a lie. 1 Pet 2:8

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

The command to believe and obey God was given to man before the fall. Adam had no excuse to not believe and obey.

And no man after the fall has any excuse, but now, due to the corruption of the human nature caused by Adam, no man has the spiritual capacity or heart to believe and obey God.

Such is why The Son was sent as Mediator to reconcile a people with God; and the Holy Spirit was commissioned to gift these elect people with new spiritual hearts and a renewed capacity to believe and obey God by faith as they should.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

I teach salvation by grace through faith, not works, with loving obedience following salvation because we are in relationship with Christ, not as legalistic works to attain salvation.

Jesus and Paul were all for loving obedience because they knew and loved God, not in order to get in relationship with Him.

You misrepresent my views because I am not a determinist.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I teach salvation by grace through faith, not works, with loving obedience following salvation because we are in relationship with Christ, not as legalistic works to attain salvation.

Jesus and Paul were all for loving obedience because they knew and loved God, not in order to get in relationship with Him.

Determinists agree with your view of loving obedience . . . however, law is what is being obeyed volitionally out of love for God.

We refer to the "Third Use of the Law" which is no longer a means of obtaining salvation, but for the regenerate souls living by faith in the righteousness of Christ, the Law of God becomes their guide to holy living.

Total rejection of the eternal and holy Law of God is the error of Antinomianism.

beloved57

beloved57

nang

Such is why The Son was sent as Mediator to reconcile a people with God; and the Holy Spirit was commissioned to gift these elect people with new spiritual hearts and a renewed capacity to believe and obey God by faith as they should.

And these elect people are the only ones God commands to believe in order to give evidence of the new spiritual hearts and renewed capacity to believe God's Gospel of His Son.

In 1 Jn 3:22-23 John is speaking of the regenrated 1 Jn 3:22-23

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Paul is speaking of only the regenerated here Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

This is because Paul knew that men and women of all nations have been given the capacity to believe the Gospel, not just jews. The Elect is now composed of all nations during Paul's Ministry, whereas under the Old Covenant they were mostly ethnic jews.

Christian Liberty

Duty Faith teaching is heresy, and work salvation.

No, its not. Everyone is called to believe the gospel (Matthew22:14) and thus they are duty-bound to do so. Not everyone is chosen (Again, see Matthew 22:14) so not everyone is capable of believing the gospel. I'm not sure if you're a hypercalvinist or if you just don't understand what "Duty faith" is, but either way, you're going off the deep end here.

I just skimmed this quickly but it looks pretty good:

http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/articles/dutyfth.htm

beloved57

No, its not. Everyone is called to believe the gospel (Matthew22:14) and thus they are duty-bound to do so. Not everyone is chosen (Again, see Matthew 22:14) so not everyone is capable of believing the gospel. I'm not sure if you're a hypercalvinist or if you just don't understand what "Duty faith" is, but either way, you're going off the deep end here.

I just skimmed this quickly but it looks pretty good:

http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/articles/dutyfth.htm

Duty Faith teaching is heresy, and work salvation. Its obvious you have no Ideal what Faith is and who its given to. At this point I see no reason to say you are a true believer in Christ.