The most beautiful word in the English language is.....

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lorelei (pronounced Lorelie)

It's my daughter's name.

I've known one girl with that name. :up: Pretty name. And she was one of the prettiest girls I knew. :Shimei:

You'll need to fight the boys off when she's older. :jeffrson:
:noid:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
There is a bar near my house called Annie Bailey's. I always thought that sounded nice. :cheers:

There is also a bar near my house named Stubby's. That one isn't as nice. :eek:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There is a bar near my house called Annie Bailey's. I always thought that sounded nice. :cheers:

There is also a bar near my house named Stubby's. That one isn't as nice. :eek:

I love these, kmo! Annie Bailey's sounds warm and fun, like everyone there would be having a good time, laughing with friends in a good Irish humor. It's evocative. Stubby's sounds like a gangster watering hole. Either one would be great in a movie setting. :thumb:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I had to look that up in the dictionary, but apparently m-w doesn't know what it is either. What does it mean?

Sorry, hit the wrong key. Drosophila. Must have had Dryopithecus on my mind.

Technically, they aren't fruit flies, but most people call them that. The Tephritidae are true fruit flies. BTW, "Dryopithecus" is a rather nice-sounding word as well.

PureX

Cellers are made of brick or stone. Basements are made of cement block or cast cement. That's my rule of thumb, anyway.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Cellers are made of brick or stone. Basements are made of cement block or cast cement. That's my rule of thumb, anyway.
OK. How would you define the underground chambers of homes built above natural caves? I know of many dwellings with deep multi story underground caverns. They are wonderful for wine storage because of the temperature which maintains a constant 56 degrees F.

PureX

OK. How would you define the underground chambers of homes built above natural caves? I know of many dwellings with deep multi story underground caverns. They are wonderful for wine storage because of the temperature which maintains a constant 56 degrees F.
I would say that's exceedingly rare. But if they're caves, I guess I'd call them caves.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Murmuration

I had murmur earlier in the thread. :)

I didn't know what (a) murmuration was until I looked in the dictionary:

1. an act or instance of murmuring.
2. a flock of starlings.

I learned something new today. Well, several new things, but this is the most recent...

Thanks, Flipper.