The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

Danoh

Rom 13:1
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

As usual, you prove your practice of reading the ideas of men into such passages.

A study then - in how to approach the proper study of these things...

Spoiler

Earlier in Romans (Rom. 1:18-3:20) the Apostle Paul has already proven that the powers behind "the powers that be" principle have long since been corrupted by man.

And just prior to the one passage uou cited outside all that Scripture says about this issue; Paul writes...

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

There is the Apostle Paul's understanding of God's actual confidence in men in government and their corrupt carrying out their responsibility under that principle of "powers that be."

Which actual confidence He relates once more, in the chapter following the one you cited your one lone passage from and in your context....

Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

The meaning of Romans 13 as to what is to be the Believer's outlook while under, and given that man has long since corrupted said offices, positions of authority, or powers?

Philippians 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

And...

1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

The Apostle Paul had no confidence in men and their corruption. Thus; his exhorting that one pray that one might nevertheless have peace despite man's dereliction of his responsibility in office.

Paul's actual confidence is also obvious in the above - in the Cross of Christ and in His rule, one day.

All that in light of the fact that men in power are under a system of governing that long ago proved God's actual intent through His having allowed man his every failure...

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Sorry, but both corrupt systems of governing and their men are ever crooked; vain; ever covetous...are of ever this world - through and through...

Spoiler

1 Timothy 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

1 Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

dodge

As usual, you prove your practice of reading the ideas of men into such passages.

A study then - in how to approach the proper study of these things...

Spoiler

Earlier in Romans (Rom. 1:18-3:20) the Apostle Paul has already proven that the powers behind "the powers that be" principle have long since been corrupted by man.

And just prior to the one passage uou cited outside all that Scripture says about this issue; Paul writes...

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

There is the Apostle Paul's understanding of God's actual confidence in men in government and their corrupt carrying out their responsibility under that principle of "powers that be."

Which actual confidence He relates once more, in the chapter following the one you cited your one lone passage from and in your context....

Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

The meaning of Romans 13 as to what is to be the Believer's outlook while under, and given that man has long since corrupted said offices, positions of authority, or powers?

Philippians 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

And...

1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

The Apostle Paul had no confidence in men and their corruption. Thus; his exhorting that one pray that one might nevertheless have peace despite man's dereliction of his responsibility in office.

Paul's actual confidence is also obvious in the above - in the Cross of Christ and in His rule, one day.

All that in light of the fact that men in power are under a system of governing that long ago proved God's actual intent through His having allowed man his every failure...

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Sorry, but both corrupt systems of governing and their men are ever crooked; vain; ever covetous...are of ever this world - through and through...

Spoiler

1 Timothy 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

1 Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Unbelievable ! You have studied yourself right out of the meaning of the verse , which is absolutely amazing, sadly.

Just like Madist do the rest of scripture;otherwise, they would NOT be Madist.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Did you think it was God's will when all other presidents were elected to office?

We see the "free-will" of humanity throughout the Holy Bible. We have the right to freely choose who we vote for, however, sometimes God intervenes in our world as an answer to our prayers, etc. I believe this was one of those times. Trump is here to "Clean up Dodge City" so to say.

Arthur Brain

You're not very smart, are ya? Must be all of those "Tea and Crumpets" you Brits consume.

If that's what you think "Brit" diet consists of then you're none too smart yourself GM. Frankly, I ain't interested in some stupid discourse with you that just ends up with you proclaiming how wonderfully clever you are et al.

:e4e:

Arthur Brain

We see the "free-will" of humanity throughout the Holy Bible. We have the right to freely choose who we vote for, however, sometimes God intervenes in our world as an answer to our prayers, etc. I believe this was one of those times. Trump is here to "Clean up Dodge City" so to say.

Oh, well how wonderfully convenient for you to pick and choose then. Or not, depending...

exminister

Nobody knew. LOL
Trump, Mitch and Paul want to rush it through in 2 to 3 weeks. They don't want the American public to understand it before its too late. Older, poorer Americans will be the hardest hit by Trumpcare. AARP, Hospitals and Doctors all says its a disaster.

It took 11 months to get ACA passed. Nice to see some serious vetting about Trumpcare because it is so complicated and "nobody knew".