The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Graham and McCain last night talked about towers and drones and not a continuous wall.

Because a continuous wall is never going to happen, but it's what Trump's followers want to hear so he keeps throwing it out there. Seriously, where is the money going to come from?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Spending billions of dollars every year to deal with illegal immigrants is a point that, while your atrocious media ignores, will not be when it comes high time to initiate the plan.

Fake news, after fake news, after fake news.
It's been 2 months and the media has produced enough of it to span a lifetime.

Keep bringing it, Anna. Be the example of what you liberal idiots are doing so I don't have to keep talking about it :wave2:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
On another note - I forced myself to sit through Trump's speech to Congress, and I was appalled at the way he used for political gain (as other politicians have done before) people who have suffered the grief of losing a loved one to violence, and in particular, the widow of the SEAL team member whose death in a controversial military action Trump had just disavowed taking any responsibility for. It was bad enough when Trump stuck to the script, but when he went off it and remarked that Ryan Owens was looking down and smiling because he'd "set a record" for sustained applause, it was nauseating. I've been thinking about that since, about the disconnect between Trump's acting at being president and the real-life fallout from the things he says and the decisions he makes.

Here are some takes on that moment from veterans:

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/836987065145389056

exminister

I watched Trump's speech to Congress as well. When Trump said "Repeal and replace Obamacare" a roar came from the Republican side. When he continued saying he will make healthcare affordable for all, it got pretty quiet.
Gave me a good laugh.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...f they insist on being Muslims, I'd prefer they subscribe to the version that views the sword aspect much like the Christian who is not an extremist views the sword aspect of the OT - as "that was then."

It is extremists within either of those two - that are ever the problem...

:dizzy: A zealous Christian loves (Jas 2:8). :straight: A zealous Muslim murders. Ge 16:12, Jer 7:6, GWT :CRASH:

See:

Islam

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Well, looks like Sessions has finally recused himself.

1600.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You can't make this stuff up...

“We cannot find the bill": inside the frantic hunt for the GOP Obamacare replacement

Republican bill to replace Obamacare is reportedly hidden somewhere on Capitol Hill — and on Thursday morning, legislators and reporters ended up on a bipartisan wild goose chase to find it.

Republicans have been hard at work drafting a plan to replace the Affordable Care Act. House Speaker Paul Ryan has repeatedly promised it is coming quite soon. Yesterday, multiple news outlets reported that some Republican legislators would have a first chance to look at the bill Thursday.

The briefings would be secretive. Members wouldn’t actually receive copies of the legislation. The copies would remain locked in an undisclosed room for members to look at — but not take home.

Democratic House members and Republican senators were not to be included in this process. But by Thursday morning, they decided to take the matter into their own hands.

The draft legislation was rumored to be in H-157, a nondescript meeting room in the House of Representatives. When legislators arrived, Capitol Police were guarding the entrance, and dozens of reporters were waiting outside for the much-anticipated legislation.

But the first Congress member to arrive — Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), who appeared to have a mobile printer in tow, perhaps to make copies of the bill — was promptly denied entry.
“We’re here asking for written copy of this because this should be an open and transparent process,” Paul said after being denied entry into Room H-157. “This is being presented as if it’s a national secret. As if it’s a plot to invade another country.”

IMG_8327.JPG

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is denied entry to Room H-157. (Sarah Kliff/Vox)​

exminister

Trump's memoirs title suggestions

While You Thought It Couldn't Get Worse, I Made It Better
It All Was Bammy's Fault
The Day The Earth Stood Still
They Liked Me, They Really Liked Me
How I Made America Great Again (Dedicated To Russia With Love)
Renewed Hope For A New Planet
The Greatest Story Ever Told (just after that other one)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump Ally Drastically Changes Story About Altering GOP Platform On Ukraine

In a significant reversal, a Trump campaign official on Thursday told CNN that he personally advocated for softening the language on Ukraine in the GOP platform at the Republican National Convention, and that he did so on behalf of the President.

CNN’s Jim Acosta reported on air that J.D. Gordon, the Trump campaign’s national security policy representative at the RNC, told him that he made the change to include language that he claimed “Donald Trump himself wanted and advocated for” at a March 2016 meeting at then-unfinished Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Gordon claimed that Trump said he did not “want to go to World War III over Ukraine” during that meeting, Acosta said.

Yet Gordon had told Business Insider in January that he “never left” the side table where he sat monitoring the national security subcommittee meeting, where a GOP delegate's amendment calling for the provision of “lethal defense weapons” to the Ukrainian army was tabled. At the time, Gordon said “neither Mr. Trump nor [former campaign manager] Mr. [Paul] Manafort were involved in those sort of details, as they've made clear."

Discussion of changes to the platform, which drew attention to the ties to a pro-Russia political party in Ukraine that fueled Manafort's resignation as Trump’s campaign chairman, resurfaced Thursday in a USA Today story. The newspaper revealed that Gordon and Carter Page, another former Trump adviser, met with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at the GOP convention.

Trump and his team have long insisted that his campaign had no contact with Russian officials during the 2016 race, and that they were not behind softening the language on Ukraine in the Republican Party platform.