The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

Lon

What I don't need is some goofy stuffed shirt thinking his prudish world view is holy.

Yes. You do. Your lifestyle and then consequent need for the wrong kind of male attention have harmed your self and identity.

Your need for Christ is against those fleshly concerns. The only reason you liked Billy Bob and cry about him 5 years later, is because he flirted with you.

Lon

billybob was a goodhearted, free-wheeling sort, without an ounce of stuffiness or pretention

he was a lot of fun

he was a friend

i miss him too

He was rightly banned and it was NOT for expressing a love for the Lord Jesus Christ. We can all have buddies, but he wasn't really the kind for a theology forum imho. I believe he was rightly banned from here where the primary concern is the Lord Jesus Christ and presenting our study of the Lord Jesus Christ (Theology).
the goofier the better! :banana:
I didn't hate him, but did report him a couple of times for basal-fleshly posts and concerns incongruent with this forum. It was why he was asked to leave (his behavior, not my or another's reports). Maybe you and Eeset, who only knew him for about a month, can E-mail him or see him on another forum. This one wasn't for him. -Lon

exminister

The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Ivanka’s book, The Trump Card, she wrote, “Perception is more important than reality. If someone perceives something to be true, it is more important than if it is in fact true… Don’t go out of your way to correct a false assumption if it plays to your advantage.”

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

We’ve heard a lot from President Trump, in the past week or so, about securing our borders — the southern one from migrant Mexicans, the northern from stealthy Canadian dairy farmers — and about all the taxes he wants to lower. There’s a reason for this.

The TV-obsessed president knows that he will be endlessly judged by a report-card-obsessed media for his performance during these first 100 days. And as it happens, trade, taxes and immigration are the notable areas where Trump can claim to have demonstrated some ideological consistency, if not a ton of movement.

In most other aspects, the nascent Trump presidency is very much a work in progress, or perhaps a work in regress from the rhetoric of his campaign.

The candidate who skewered China as a currency manipulator is now the president who declared that China is not a currency manipulator. The candidate critical of intervention in Syria and of suspicion toward Russia has now launched missiles into Syria and blamed the Russians for it.

He no longer thinks that NATO or the Export-Import Bank is unnecessary. He no longer cares whether President Obama’s health care law is entirely or even mostly repealed, as long as he can pass something that doesn’t send the whole system cratering.

As I wrote a few weeks ago, this is the actual story of these first 100 days — the story of a showman stunned by his own victory and trying to figure out whom he should listen to and how he wants to govern.

Which leads me to what I think are some uncomfortable questions for Trump’s critics, particularly in my own industry. If Trump turns out to be serious about growing into the job, do we have the capacity to let him? Or, as I’ve heard from a lot of angry readers over the past few months, are we already invested in watching him fail?

To be clear, whatever presuppositions Trump now faces among most of the reporters who cover him — and among the solid majority of voters who disapprove of his job performance — are of his own making. It’s hard to suddenly start granting the benefit of the doubt to someone who so brazenly lies about things both mundane and consequential.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/willing-let-trump-evolve-090022380.html

Lon

trump may have the approval of those who voted for him, but he scores at negative eleventeen gazillion among butthurt hillary supporters

"Approval" polls are subjective by nature of approval. The Gallop Poll, I wonder if it is even accurate for that, When the other poll is 93%. Something doesn't jive.

One website gave the worst to best presidents of the past century based on the following empirical data and criteria:

Average approval rating throughout the presidency
Average margin of victory by popular vote (includes both elections for presidents who sought a second term, whether or not he went on to win)
Change in unemployment rate from start to finish of presidency
Change in deficit as a percentage of GDP from start to finish of presidency
Change in federal debt as a percentage of GDP from start to finish of presidency
Congressional seats won or lost by the president’s party during his administration, normalized for length of term

13. Jimmy Carter
12. George W. Bush
11. Gerald Ford
10. Barack Obama
9. George H. Bush
8. Richard Nixon
7. Bill Clinton
6. Harry S. Truman
5. John F. Kennedy
4. Ronald Reagan
3. Dwight D. Eisenhower
2. Franklin D Roosevelt
1. Lyndon B. Johnson
http://us-presidents.insidegov.com/stories/3995/ranking-modern-us-presidents

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
the same pollsters who predicted a hillary win? :think:
So they missed on the turnout. Okay. How does that invalidate people telling pollsters how they feel about the President's performance again?

To the rational, there's a difference between an estimate of how people will turn out and vote and taking a survey of how they actually feel about an issue. The former is a lot more complicated and necessarily speculative.

i wonder what president hillary's approval ratings are?
oh, wait
never mind :chuckle:
I'm sure that matters to someone, but as a voter who didn't support her, not so much. :nono:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: Gotta wonder: Trump polls 93% approval (today)

I looked at the gallop polls: 86% were Republican. Something doesn't add up. Perhaps his claim that there is a lot of 'fake' news published is correct?
The poll you linked to had a somewhat misleading title with a bit of bias peeking through, didn't it? 93% and "the lion"?

So first, unlike the polling I noted, which encompassed Americans at large (and through 2 different polls) the one you presented was sampling his actual supporters from 2016 and even there the headline is struggling a bit, as only 42% of those strongly approve.

Or, even in the minority that elected him less than half strongly support the job he's doing. 51% "somewhat" approve. Somewhat? What kind of range is that taking in? How little or how much?

So not necessarily a conflict at all.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

The poll you linked to had a somewhat misleading title with a bit of bias peeking through, didn't it? 93% and "the lion"?

So first, unlike the polling I noted, which encompassed Americans at large (and through 2 different polls) the one you presented was sampling his actual supporters from 2016 and even there the headline is struggling a bit, as only 42% of those strongly approve.

Or, even in the minority that elected him less than half strongly support the job he's doing. 51% "somewhat" approve. Somewhat? What kind of range is that taking in? How little or how much?

So not necessarily a conflict at all.
Well, again, the Gallop poll was (from memory) 87% Republican. There are a few considerations and problems with the Gallop poll.

1) Not all Republicans voted for Trump, and many simply to stop the Democratic nominee. I suppose that is actually in your favor, but not exactly giving the story regarding Trump's approval rating. For instance, would you as a Moderate, at least approve that he is accomplishing what he said he'd do?

2) To me, he is doing it more so than quite a few other presidents these past couple of decades but the Gallop poll didn't ask that. The poll is more concerned about something subjective called 'approval' than if he is actually doing the job.

3) Think about it in context as well: The country has been embracing freedom of expression and minority. Trump has repealed the transgender mandate etc. His disapproval rate then, carries a few more concerns than just whether we like or dislike him. You know what would be interesting? A TOL poll of his job approval rating just to see if it'd make a difference. There are enough liberals and moderates that perhaps it'd give a fair indication -Lon