The Life of Christ for the Believer

glorydaz

The whole human race became sinners by one man's disobedience - durrr!

"MANY were made sinners....." Just as "many" shall be made righteous.

Romans 5:19 KJV For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

glorydaz

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Who was Jesus speaking to?

I'll give you a hint.

John 15:27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.​

Another hint....the Comforter had not yet come (as Jesus Himself said).

The Risen Lord revealed to Paul the obedience of faith, and removed all IF's from the stipulations of the law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But you just said that "law defines love" instead of the law defines sin. So I'm not seeing your reasoning.

On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.​

Sin is contrary to love. If you love somebody you don't murder them or steal from them or do stuff like that.

glorydaz

On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.​

Sin is contrary to love. If you love somebody you don't murder them or steal from them or do stuff like that.

And you never covet something they have?

You never get angry at them?

Epoisses

"MANY were made sinners....." Just as "many" shall be made righteous.

Romans 5:19 KJV For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

Why don't you try reading the whole chapter. I know that may be difficult in the age of sound bites but just give it a shot.

God's Truth

Who was Jesus speaking to?

He is speaking to all.

Jesus saves those who believe and obey him. See Acts 5:32, John 14:23, Acts 10:35, Psalm 50:23, Acts 13:26, Matthew 18:3, Luke 13:3, John 15:14, Matthew 12:50,Luke 11:28, John 13:17.

I'll give you a hint.

John 15:27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.​

Another hint....the Comforter had not yet come (as Jesus Himself said).

The Risen Lord revealed to Paul the obedience of faith, and removed all IF's from the stipulations of the law.

Hahahahahahaha Peter heard of your strange belief, and then he warned us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17. Read all of 2 Peter 3. James heard of your strange belief too. Read James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

God's Truth

So you're claiming that being "externally clean" justified the Jews? How so?

...because God said so.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

The blood of bulls and goats cannot take away sin. So where do you see where they were ever "justified" by those sacrifices? Any verses?

The people had to do it or they could not go to the temple where God's Spirit was.

Here are some more scriptures for you to see that what I said is scriptural.

Hebrews 9:22
According to the Law, in fact, nearly everything must be purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings--external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

glorydaz

Why don't you try reading the whole chapter. I know that may be difficult in the age of sound bites but just give it a shot.

Don't worry, I've read the whole chapter. Even better, I don't change it to suit my own ideas, as you just did.

glorydaz

He is speaking to all.

Jesus saves those who believe and obey him. See Acts 5:32, John 14:23, Acts 10:35, Psalm 50:23, Acts 13:26, Matthew 18:3, Luke 13:3, John 15:14, Matthew 12:50,Luke 11:28, John 13:17.

No, He was speaking to the eleven disciples, and if you note the verses you listed, you'll notice they were all referring to those under the law.

Hahahahahahaha Peter heard of your strange belief, and then he warned us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17. Read all of 2 Peter 3. James heard of your strange belief too. Read James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

You laugh at your own folly, since you preach the law at every turn.

glorydaz

...because God said so.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

The people had to do it or they could not go to the temple where God's Spirit was.

Here are some more scriptures for you to see that what I said is scriptural.

Hebrews 9:22
According to the Law, in fact, nearly everything must be purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings--external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

There you go...preaching the law again....and not even understanding it to boot. :nono:

God's Truth

No, He was speaking to the eleven disciples, and if you note the verses you listed, you'll notice they were all referring to those under the law.

You laugh at your own folly, since you preach the law at every turn.

Jesus is Lord over everyone.