The Life of Christ for the Believer

Robert Pate

Banned
Almost everyone believes that Jesus died for them, but not many believe that Jesus lived for them. Since I have been challenged on this subject I thought it might be good to do a thread on "The Life of Christ for the Believer".

There are many scriptures that tell us Jesus has abolished the law for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, 2 Corinthians 3:13, but there are not a lot of scriptures that tells that Jesus has fulfilled the law for us.

Jesus said, "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, til all be fulfilled" Matthew 5:18.

My question which no one wants to answer is, who is it that Jesus fulfilled the law for? Did he fulfill it for himself? Did he fulfill it for God? No, he fulfilled it for us. He fulfilled it and abolished it for us who are Christians. If you are not a Christian you are under the law and will be judged by the law. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation, this is why Jesus fulfilled it and abolished it for us. The law is contrary to us because no one can keep it or do it, Colossians 2:14. Trying to keep the law or the commandments will make you a hypocrite.

Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17 says,

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things have become new"

The old things that have passed away are the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. We are no longer required to live according to the law or the commandments, because they have been fulfilled and abolished by Jesus Christ. The new way to live is by the Spirit of Jesus. When we live by the Spirit of Jesus we are in a sense living by the law because Jesus is the fulfillment of the law. This is what the writer of Hebrews meant when he said that God's law is written on our heart, Hebrews 8:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
If your salvation is not based upon the life, death and the resurrection of Jesus you are probably not saved.

Jesus earned our salvation for us. He earned it by being sinless. If Jesus had failed to fulfill God's law he would still be in Joseph's new tomb and we would all be without hope.

Nanja

Christ's Death, Burial and Resurrection was not for all of humanity, but only for those Chosen of the Father In Union with Him before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4.

Col. 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Rom. 4:25
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So those Christ died for are Justified before they ever come to Believe on Him!

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Christ Jesus gave His Life for the Sheep John 10:11, 15, His Church Eph. 5:25.

Christ's Resurrection is the evidence that those particular sinners He was delivered up unto death for, that they have been declared Justified because of His Work on their behalf!

Rom. 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

John 17:2
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are many scriptures that tell us Jesus has abolished the law for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, 2 Corinthians 3:13, but there are not a lot of scriptures that tells that Jesus has fulfilled the law for us.

Love fulfills the law and love is not abolished. As long as God exists there will be law since law defines love.

glorydaz

Love fulfills the law and love is not abolished. As long as God exists there will be law since law defines love.

Actually, the Law has a particular purpose. It's purpose has never been to justify us, to make us holy, or to give us life. The only purpose of the law is to define sin and lead us to Christ.

God's Truth

Actually, the Law has a particular purpose. It's purpose has never been to justify us, to make us holy, or to give us life. The only purpose of the law is to define sin and lead us to Christ.

The law was a shadow of Jesus, a teaching tool.

The people HAD TO do the purification works, it is what justified them before God, it was an external cleaning.

God's Truth

Almost everyone believes that Jesus died for them, but not many believe that Jesus lived for them. Since I have been challenged on this subject I thought it might be good to do a thread on "The Life of Christ for the Believer".

Jesus said, "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, til all be fulfilled" Matthew 5:18.

My question which no one wants to answer is, who is it that Jesus fulfilled the law for? Did he fulfill it for himself? Did he fulfill it for God? No, he fulfilled it for us. He fulfilled it and abolished it for us who are Christians. If you are not a Christian you are under the law and will be judged by the law. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation, this is why Jesus fulfilled it and abolished it for us. The law is contrary to us because no one can keep it or do it, Colossians 2:14. Trying to keep the law or the commandments will make you a hypocrite.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things have become new"

The old things that have passed away are the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion. We are no longer required to live according to the law or the commandments, because they have been fulfilled and abolished by Jesus Christ. The new way to live is by the Spirit of Jesus. When we live by the Spirit of Jesus we are in a sense living by the law because Jesus is the fulfillment of the law. This is what the writer of Hebrews meant when he said that God's law is written on our heart, Hebrews 8:10.

Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets. That means all the Law and all the Prophets were about Jesus.

When Jesus came to earth, he taught the guidelines and rules for the New Covenant.

The New Covenant has many of the same guidelines and rules as the Old Covenant, but there are also some changes.

When Jesus taught the new guidelines and rules, he then shed his blood on the cross, he is the Lamb of God and the shedding of his blood is how we get forgiveness of sins and have them washed away.

The people used to have to justify themselves before God by cleaning themselves.

Now Jesus cleans us.

That does not mean we no longer have to obey. We have to obey the rules and guidelines of the New Covenant, to get in the Covenant, and to stay in the Covenant.

glorydaz

The law was a shadow of Jesus, a teaching tool.

The people HAD TO do the purification works, it is what justified them before God, it was an external cleaning.

Yes, I know what you think the law did. I'm talking about what the law's purpose was according to Paul, and it never justified anyone.

Gal. 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.​

beloved57

Handling the word of God deceitfully! You believe that sinners Christ lived and died for are lost still!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

That's because sin is the opposite of love. Those who love God don't practice sin.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, I know what you think the law did. I'm talking about what the law's purpose was according to Paul, and it never justified anyone.

Gal. 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.​

The just shall live by faith and sin is not of faith. Faith is based on love of God and neighbor.

All sin is against God.

God's Truth

Yes, I know what you think the law did.

It is what THE BIBLE says.

Do you go by that?

The BIBLE says it is commanded by God and it made the people externally clean.

I'm talking about what the law's purpose was according to Paul, and it never justified anyone.

No one any longer is justified that way.

God commanded the purification/ceremonial works, and those works had to be done or one could NOT have a relationship with God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Christ's Death, Burial and Resurrection was not for all of humanity, but only for those Chosen of the Father In Union with Him before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4.

Col. 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Rom. 4:25
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So those Christ died for are Justified before they ever come to Believe on Him!

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Christ Jesus gave His Life for the Sheep John 10:11, 15, His Church Eph. 5:25.

Christ's Resurrection is the evidence that those particular sinners He was delivered up unto death for, that they have been declared Justified because of His Work on their behalf!

Rom. 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

John 17:2
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

What do you do with the scriptures that teach Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:14. John 12:47? Do you tear them out of your Bible? Or do you just ignore them and hope that they will go away?

Nanja

What do you do with the scriptures that teach Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:14. John 12:47? Do you tear them out of your Bible? Or do you just ignore them and hope that they will go away?

That has been explained to you many times on this forum.

Christ is the Saviour of the World of His Elect that were chosen in Him in Love Eph. 1:4, hence John 3:16.

So there is an Eternally Forgiven World 2 Cor. 5:19, The World Christ prayed for here, and a world Christ does not pray for:

John 17:21
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

The world Christ does not pray for consists of the non-elect, the reprobate world He did not die for 1 Cor. 11:32.

So there is enmity between these two worlds: The Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16 and the Seed of the devil / serpent Gen. 3:15.

Gal. 4:28
But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

The word "world" used in the scriptures is the word "kosmos" which simply means:

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G2889&t=KJV

beloved57

Just as Christ didn't die for everyone without exception, neither did He live for everyone without exception, but only for Gods Elect.

Epoisses

Christ is the savior of the world. Christ the 2nd Adam has justified, sanctified and glorified the human race. Does this mean the whole human race will go to heaven? - No. To receive the gift of Christ we have to be filled with the Holy Spirit and be faithful until death.