The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

everready

Then you cant really judge it, but from other peoples opinions of it, and your assumptions are based on 'ignorance' and 'presumption'. So you've created an imaginary enemy in your own mind, set it up as being 'satanic' and throw cut & paste jobs against it,...really impressive. That's no way to engage a discussion, since such requires 'learning' the material you criticize (considering its specific theological, cosmological, philosophical points and concepts). Your MO so far actually turns people away from the 'religious belief-system' you espouse because its prideful, arrogant and self-aggrandizing, since everything different from your pre-packaged version of 'Christianity' is "of the devil". Since you are steeped in a willful ignorance of the material, you will remain that way until futher enlightened. Now if you can actually engage a constructive, intelligent dialogue remains to be seen.

i found the truth in..

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

No need to look any further..

everready

Reactions: Lon

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The devil threw everything he had at Jesus but when Jesus rose from the dead that settled it forevermore..

everready

The devil & company are losers! Jesus defeated them on Mt Herman before he began his public teaching. They are gone.

My point is that every time there has been more revelation of truth the existing religious authorities regent them while the common people here them gladly.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
i found the truth in..

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

No need to look any further..

everready
182:1.9 The Master, during the course of this final prayer with his apostles, alluded to the fact that he had manifested the Father's name to the world. And that is truly what he did by the revelation of God through his perfected life in the flesh. The Father in heaven had sought to reveal himself to Moses, but he could proceed no further than to cause it to be said, “I AM.” And when pressed for further revelation of himself, it was only disclosed, “I AM that I AM.” But when Jesus had finished his earth life, this name of the Father had been so revealed that the Master, who was the Father incarnate, could truly say:

I am the bread of life.
I am the living water.
I am the light of the world.
I am the desire of all ages.
I am the open door to eternal salvation.
I am the reality of endless life.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the pathway of infinite perfection.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the secret of eternal survival.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.
I am the infinite Father of my finite children.
I am the true vine; you are the branches.
I am the hope of all who know the living truth.
I am the living bridge from one world to another.
I am the living link between time and eternity

182:1.26 Thus did Jesus enlarge the living revelation of the name of God to all generations. As divine love reveals the nature of God, eternal truth discloses his name in ever-enlarging proportions.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I used to have a thread called 'Atonement without blood'. Bloodshed on this and other levels of society is wholly unnecessary. Some would debate your meaning of Christmas with a different emphasis,...there is no one orthodox explanation of 'Christmas'. Neither is Christmas about blood atonement. It celebrates the birth of Jesus, the Creator-Son coming into the world, this particular planet, so it is a most wonderful and joyous event to celebrate, or honor. Its mostly about the 'Incarnation' or what the papers call the 'bestowal' of the Creator Son. Therefore, its celebrated just as well among UB readers, but with perhaps deeper insights via what the papers reveal about the Incarnation from the perspective of the celestials.

Substitutional atonment is an after thought, it's speculative religion that grew out of compromises with converts to the post-cross movement who already practiced all kinds of sacrifices. So it was easy for the Pagan world to adopt Peter and Pauls remixed gospel about Jesus in place of the original gospel about salvation by faith in the Father and the responsibility that comes with it.

Things went so far off track that reforming sect divided Christiandom would be impossible. So the UB gives us the original gospel to start over with. It's meant for a future age.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Humor................

Humor................

:) - yes,...humor is a wonderful part of life. I do 'giggle' from time to time......;)

The UB has some insightful quotes about humor, it even records Jesus experience with humor or his take on it -

Excerpts:

48:4.15 When we are tempted to magnify our self-importance, if we stop to contemplate the infinity of the greatness and grandeur of our Makers, our own self-glorification becomes sublimely ridiculous, even verging on the humorous. One of the functions of humor is to help all of us take ourselves less seriously. Humor is the divine antidote for exaltation of ego.

~*~*~

143:7.3 Worship—contemplation of the spiritual—must alternate with service, contact with material reality. Work should alternate with play; religion should be balanced by humor. Profound philosophy should be relieved by rhythmic poetry. The strain of living —the time tension of personality —should be relaxed by the restfulness of worship. The feelings of insecurity arising from the fear of personality isolation in the universe should be antidoted by the faith contemplation of the Father and by the attempted realization of the Supreme.

~*~*~

156:2.8 Jesus greatly enjoyed the keen sense of humor which these gentiles exhibited. It was the sense of humor displayed by Norana, the Syrian woman, as well as her great and persistent faith, that so touched the Master's heart and appealed to his mercy. Jesus greatly regretted that his people—the Jews—were so lacking in humor. He once said to Thomas: “My people take themselves too seriously; they are just about devoid of an appreciation of humor. The burdensome religion of the Pharisees could never have had origin among a people with a sense of humor. They also lack consistency; they strain at gnats and swallow camels.”

~*~*~

159:3.10 You shall not portray your teacher as a man of sorrows. Future generations shall know also the radiance of our joy, the buoyance of our good will, and the inspiration of our good humor. We proclaim a message of good news which is infectious in its transforming power. Our religion is throbbing with new life and new meanings. Those who accept this teaching are filled with joy and in their hearts are constrained to rejoice evermore. Increasing happiness is always the experience of all who are certain about God.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
:) - yes,...humor is a wonderful part of life. I do 'giggle' from time to time......;)

The UB has some insightful quotes about humor, it even records Jesus experience with humor or his take on it -

Excerpts:

You're a clown

iu

Each of your claims can be refuted using Scripture. The Bible (not the Urantia Book) is the ultimate source of truth for humanity (Acts 17:11;*2 Timothy 3:16–17). Any gospel that is contrary to the gospel preached by Paul and the apostles is to be disregarded—even if it comes from freelight, angels, aliens, or revelators (Galatians 1:8). Jesus is not just one of many Creator Sons, He is God Himself, and "in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily" (Colossians 2:9). Man only lives once, and then faces eternal judgment (Hebrews 9:27) and his salvation does not come from his works, but it is a gift from God (Romans 3:28;*Ephesians 2:8–9).

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You're a clown

Each of your claims can be refuted using Scripture. The Bible (not the Urantia Book) is the ultimate source of truth for humanity (Acts 17:11;*2 Timothy 3:16–17). Any gospel that is contrary to the gospel preached by Paul and the apostles is to be disregarded—even if it comes from freelight, angels, aliens, or revelators (Galatians 1:8). Jesus is not just one of many Creator Sons, He is God Himself, and "in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily" (Colossians 2:9). Man only lives once, and then faces eternal judgment (Hebrews 9:27) and his salvation does not come from his works, but it is a gift from God (Romans 3:28;*Ephesians 2:8–9).

The Jews also use their scripture to reject Jesus today, that's what scripture worship does to the mind. BTW, the UB says Jesus is God, but you are to busy disagreeing with it to see what it says.

Why Jews don't believe in Jesus

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/jewsandjesus/

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Sea of Glass

"43:1.7 The sea of glass, the receiving area of Edentia, is near the administrative center and is encircled by the headquarters amphitheater. Surrounding this area are the governing centers for the seventy divisions of constellation affairs. One half of Edentia is divided into seventy triangular sections, whose boundaries converge at the headquarters buildings of their respective sectors. The remainder of this sphere is one vast natural park, the gardens of God.

43:1.8 During your periodic visits to Edentia, though the entire planet is open to your inspection, most of your time will be spent in that administrative triangle whose number corresponds to that of your current residential world. You will always be welcome as an observer in the legislative assemblies.

43:1.9 The morontia area assigned to ascending mortals resident on Edentia is located in the mid-zone of the thirty-fifth triangle adjoining the headquarters of the finaliters, situated in the thirty-sixth triangle. The general headquarters of the univitatia occupies an enormous area in the mid-region of the thirty-fourth triangle immediately adjoining the residential reservation of the morontia citizens. From these arrangements it may be seen that provision is made for the accommodation of at least seventy major divisions of celestial life, and also that each of these seventy triangular areas is correlated with some one of the seventy major spheres of morontia training.

43:1.10 The Edentia sea of glass is one enormous circular crystal about one hundred miles in circumference and about thirty miles in depth. This magnificent crystal serves as the receiving field for all transport seraphim and other beings arriving from points outside the sphere; such a sea of glass greatly facilitates the landing of transport seraphim.

43:1.11 A crystal field on this order is found on almost all architectural worlds; and it serves many purposes aside from its decorative value, being utilized for portraying superuniverse reflectivity to assembled groups and as a factor in the energy-transformation technique for modifying the currents of space and for adapting other incoming physical-energy streams."

John saw the sea of glass in his vision on Patmos:

47:10.2 John the Revelator saw a vision of the arrival of a class of advancing mortals from the seventh mansion world to their first heaven, the glories of Jerusem. He recorded: “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire; and those who had gained the victory over the beast that was originally in them and over the image that persisted through the mansion worlds and finally over the last mark and trace, standing on the sea of glass, having the harps of God, and singing the song of deliverance from mortal fear and death.” (Perfected space communication is to be had on all these worlds; and your anywhere reception of such communications is made possible by carrying the “harp of God,” a morontia contrivance compensating for the inability to directly adjust the immature morontia sensory mechanism to the reception of space communications.)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Is that scripture included in the Protestant Bible?

What did I say to make you think I don't believe Jesus is God?

Straw man, you accused the UB of claiming Jesus wasn't God, I was just fixing that. "Jesus is not just one of many Creator Sons, He is God Himself, and "in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily"

People always use current belief to reject new revelation, the Jews are a fine example of that. The idea that Jesus came for ALL the world and not an arrogant, self proclaimed "chosen people" dinged the Jews EGO.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Creator Sons............

Creator Sons............

Straw man, you accused the UB of claiming Jesus wasn't God, I was just fixing that. "Jesus is not just one of many Creator Sons, He is God Himself, and "in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily"

To those interested see - The Paradise Creator Sons

In the UB Jesus (Christ-Michael) is one of many thousand Creator-Sons, but Jesus is the Creator and 'God' of our local universe (Nebadon), so in this sense is our 'father' and 'God', even though only the Universal Father is the First Source and Center of all creation. The Creator-Sons are the offspring of the Universal Father and the Eternal Son (who make up the Paradise Trinity), but Creator-Sons are truly the 'God' of the universes they create, So its a matter of understanding the cosmology laid out in the papers. Having a greater cosmological context of the divine hierarchy in nowise detracts or lessens the glory or divinity of Jesus, our Creator-Son, but expands a reverential awe of the grand universe and the great plan of spiritual evolution and the ascension program of mortals. There is still something of the mystery orthodox theology speaks of as the 'hypotatic union', since a Creator-Son does incarnate as a mortal of the realms, so there are similiarites as well as differences in the Urantia Revelation.

But yes, as Caino says,...by UB theology and Christology, Jesus is the 'God' and 'creator' of our local universe and all the inhabited planets therein. He is not however the 2nd person of the Trinity as orthodox theology claims, since the orginal Trinity is made up of The Universal Father, the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit. Jesus is a Creator-Son who is an offspring of the Father and the Eternal Son, and these Creator sons are the creators of the worlds/universes of time and space.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You're a clown

:) - sad to see you didn't find the quotes on 'humor' interesting....even what Jesus is presumed to have said about humor :think: - to think of what you're missing.

The Bible (not the Urantia Book) is the ultimate source of truth for humanity (Acts 17:11;*2 Timothy 3:16–17). Any gospel that is contrary to the gospel preached by Paul and the apostles is to be disregarded—even if it comes from freelight, angels, aliens, or revelators (Galatians 1:8).

I would say 'God' alone is the source and substance of reality, and all else are but expressions or descriptions thereof.

Jesus is not just one of many Creator Sons, He is God Himself, and "in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily" (Colossians 2:9). Man only lives once, and then faces eternal judgment (Hebrews 9:27) and his salvation does not come from his works, but it is a gift from God (Romans 3:28;*Ephesians 2:8–9).

As covered here many times, an understanding of 'Creator Sons' is essential here to get a bigger cosmological picture of the various orders of cosmic beings, divine Sons and angels that emenate out from the eternal Godhead. Creator Sons are those creators of the many universes of space and time spread thru-out the cosmos. They are truly divine, being Sons of God, and represent 'God' to their created universes. Truly as Jesus said, to see a Creator-Son is to see the Father. When Jesus spoke of his 'Father', he we speaking of the Universal Father of one and all. So Jesus was divine and by virtue of the incarnation was human as well,...back to the mystery of the Incarnation.

One interesting thing to ask anyone, is can you prove that God did not or could not create thousands of Creator-Sons and have these divine Sons go forth and create worlds and universes thru-out the vast cosmos? Why couldn't it be possible for God to do such a thing? That's the greater cosmological context of a divine hierarchy,...Jesus is still the Creator-Son of our local universe, and is therefore 'Lord' and 'God' of this local universe creation.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
:) - sad to see you didn't find the quotes on 'humor' interesting....even what Jesus is presumed to have said about humor :think: - to think of what you're missing.

I would say 'God' alone is the source and substance of reality, and all else are but expressions or descriptions thereof.

As covered here many times, an understanding of 'Creator Sons' is essential here to get a bigger cosmological picture of the various orders of cosmic beings, divine Sons and angels that emenate out from the eternal Godhead. Creator Sons are those creators of the many universes of space and time spread thru-out the cosmos. They are truly divine, being Sons of God, and represent 'God' to their created universes. Truly as Jesus said, to see a Creator-Son is to see the Father. When Jesus spoke of his 'Father', he we speaking of the Universal Father of one and all. So Jesus was divine and by virtue of the incarnation was human as well,...back to the mystery of the Incarnation.

One interesting thing to ask anyone, is can you prove that God did not or could not create thousands of Creator-Sons and have these divine Sons go forth and create worlds and universes thru-out the vast cosmos? Why couldn't it be possible for God to do such a thing? That's the greater cosmological context of a divine hierarchy,...Jesus is still the Creator-Son of our local universe, and is therefore 'Lord' and 'God' of this local universe creation.
I don't read the ub quotes. I don't know if those quotes are from good angels or bad angels. We do test them though. If an angel claim the Bible isn't God's word then they need to be tested. The tests are only good for christians that believe in inerrancy. The test are no good for the urantians cause it's based off the Bible. Most of us here really want this TOL site to be a Christian site, not a Muslim site or a Hindu site or a Buddhist site or a urantian site. You always step over the thin line to decieve us without us knowing it with uncommon fancy words. Christians know the ub celestials failed the tests but most here don't care but I do as a concerned Christian. I'm concerned that this site will become a multi religious site where folks get received by demons

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Creative venues for DIALOGUE........

Creative venues for DIALOGUE........

I don't read the ub quotes.

If you don't read the quotes provided on the subjects being discussed you wont be able to have a fair, educated, informed, intellectually honest discussion now would you? Even for the sake of 'creative dialogue', you could engage and share your beliefs and perspectives in an encouraging persuasive fashion, and still have a go at it, as long as the dialogue remains constructive and creative. See the positives there? The sky is the limit. Nothing to fear with open and free discussion geared towards expanding consciousness.

I don't know if those quotes are from good angels or bad angels. We do test them though. If an angel claim the Bible isn't God's word then they need to be tested.

Why do you fear anything? Why not judge a saying or quote by the its very content, the meanings and values its expressing, and within its proper context? Spiritual discernment is essential yes,...but not religious paranoia or extreme exclusivism, since 'God' after all is a universal Spirit-presence and is the original and infinite reality from which all springs outside of which nothing can exist.

The tests are only good for christians that believe in inerrancy. The test are no good for the urantians cause it's based off the Bible.

I wasn't aware that life, religious beliefs or spirituality was a 'test'. Perhaps this 'test-mentality' promotes unhealthy tendency towards dogmatism and exclusivism? Btw, not all Christians believe in 'biblical inerrancy'....there are mixed camps on that, but they can still believe the bible is inspired more or less.

Most of us here really want this TOL site to be a Christian site, not a Muslim site or a Hindu site or a Buddhist site or a urantian site.

I chuckle here because the fear of UB readers taking over here is unwarranted, if not comical. Seriously,...I've been posting here since 2003...and my liberal eclectic views of religion and spirituality have been allowed and are a part of the wonderful topography here on TOL. If this was just a special bless-me club of 'christians' preaching to the choir, without other voices and diverse points of view, people from different religious backgrounds and pursuasions....it would be a pretty boring place don't you think? Besides....people like me give you budding apologists some real good practice :) While those more liberal free spirits get to challenge you as well, in expanding your horizons, considering new perspectives, ideas, concepts and possibilities.

As we are in the 'Religion' section,...the UB is most appropriate because its a religious book of epochal import and significance, and covers every aspect of religious experience, theory and practice. Other threads on Muslims, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc. (I used to coordinate an older thread on 'Hinduism' and had my own thread on 'Taoism') would be equally allowed in the interest of religious discussion. That TOL is a 'Christian' site is already granted, as well as its bias towards supporting and promoting its religious tenets of faith. - that will never change.

You always step over the thin line to decieve us without us knowing it with uncommon fancy words.

So I'm a bit illustrious or have an expanded vocabulary,...it comes with working at being a 'creative writer' :) - I'm always open to learn new things too. Sorry, not trying to deceive anyone, just sharing some interesting theology and doctrinal points from the UB, comparing such with traditional-orthodox theology and other school perspectives. When you're diving into religion, science and philosophy...which the UB covers in depth & breadth,...there's a lot to discuss. As far as 'uncommon fancy words' go,...within the discussion if there are any terms that need clarifying, one can ask or read more for better understanding. This facilitates a better more informed discussion.

Christians know the ub celestials failed the tests but most here don't care but I do as a concerned Christian. I'm concerned that this site will become a multi religious site where folks get received by demons

An unwarranted fear on your part, since TOL will always be solidly true to its religious faith, rules of conduct, etc. Remember there is an 'Exclusive Christian Theology' section if you don't want exposure to other belief systems, world religions, or something you might find unconformtable. We live in a global society where only about 1/3 is 'Christian' (yet the largest religious population), with Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and others falling behind. We live in a multi-cultural-religious global village. We are one human family, with much diversity. There is one universal reality and essential religious experience of 'Spirit' that unites us all, as children of God, no matter what religious sect or tradition you happen to be born into or currently affiliated with. TOL by maintaining an outreach to all sectors of society can only profit in its sharing of religious ideas, perspectives and points of view.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.