The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I don't read the ub quotes. I don't know if those quotes are from good angels or bad angels. We do test them though. If an angel claim the Bible isn't God's word then they need to be tested. The tests are only good for christians that believe in inerrancy. The test are no good for the urantians cause it's based off the Bible. Most of us here really want this TOL site to be a Christian site, not a Muslim site or a Hindu site or a Buddhist site or a urantian site. You always step over the thin line to decieve us without us knowing it with uncommon fancy words. Christians know the ub celestials failed the tests but most here don't care but I do as a concerned Christian. I'm concerned that this site will become a multi religious site where folks get received by demons

You aren't allowed to think for yourself or search for truth with a sincere heart. You are forced to believe things that the Bible authors never said about inerrancy of their writings, or ridiculous stories that are obvious exaggerations. If you question authority you are manipulated into shame as not having faith. You want to ban everything except approved indoctrination. You are taught to mistrust anything other than the doctrine that's been fed to you for fear of bad angels flittering about. You sound more like someone who is in a mind control cult than the liberated disciples of Jesus.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
For heaven's sake.............

For heaven's sake.............

You aren't allowed to think for yourself or search for truth with a sincere heart. You are forced to believe things that the Bible authors never said about inerrancy of their writings, or ridiculous stories that are obvious exaggerations. If you question authority you are manipulated into shame as not having faith. You want to ban everything except approved indoctrination. You are taught to mistrust anything other than the doctrine that's been fed to you for fear of bad angels flittering about. You sound more like someone who is in a mind control cult than the liberated disciples of Jesus.

Remember the term 'mental grid-lock'? ;)

Right now, those in the Spirit of God are FREE, since that divine nature realized in the purity of God-consciousness is always already free. "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty". "Those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God". While Paul had his quirks and some of his own opinions, he was tuned in however to some universal laws and spiritual principles. "the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and death", etc.

I'm having some fun in some other threads, ....going over the Unitarian vs. Trinitarian debate. I'm usually holding a more Unitarian view, just to challenge the dogma of the orthodox Christian concept of the Trinity, as some are just so dogmatic about it. (on one level its merely 'conceptual'). A UB view is even more complex, but would be too sophisticated to bring into the discussion into those threads, but we have touched upon it here,...how that Jesus is both human and divine, and the higher concept of the Paradise Trinity, of which Jesus is NOT a part. Broadening the context here could be too much for many, unless one is committed to study out and compare UB teachings with orthodox Christian doctrine. All it takes is an investment of time and honest research.

Anyways,....wishing all a Merry Christmas! Yes,...even a free spirited neo-pagan cosmonaut can celebrate Christmas! LOL.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
This reply shows you rebel God. And rejected his word cause demons told you to.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I rebel against the exaggerations and false teachings written by the people who killed Jesus, he said their father was the Devil. Jesus didn't leave any writings and never believed that God writes books.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
from just plain rebels....to rebels for God.......

from just plain rebels....to rebels for God.......

Speaking of rebels, The Lucifer Rebellion is an epic saga having cosmic repurcussions, at least in this local sector, if you haven't read more about it, check it out here :) (audio version of the onlinestudy edition is great too)

Demons? I find it peculiar that demons always have to somehow be involved in the free open investigation and enjoyment of exploring new spiritual insights or religious discoveries. There is open space before us, having all the potential of Spirit and possibilities within an unlimited infinity. Awesome eh?

If you're satisfying sitting in your rose coloured pew and eating at the same dispensary,...I guess you wont budge much.

There is a larger banquet available.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
More sweet talk!

iu

The Bible which warns of Spiritism (Deut.18:10-12), mediums
and other such means in receiving spiritual instruction.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Ub is Halloween. It's written by unfamiliar spirits who lied about God's word. How more Evil can it be?

Naw, you yourself said you don't even read the quotes, that's why you say stupid stuff. Gabriel IS a familiar celestial, he sanctioned the UB. The Bible worship branch of Christianity embarrasses itself by claiming God wrote books with so many mistakes and exaggerated history in them. The Bible claims that God sent men to kill entire cultures but keep the little virgin girls for themselves. That's really sick! A cow knows that's not true.

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Ub is Halloween. It's written by unfamiliar spirits who lied about God's word. How more Evil can it be?

You haven't so much gotten a clue about what the papers are about, let alone read any significant portion of the material, such as reading and understanding at least the first 12 papers which provide a fundamental context of its theology. Therefore you are willfully bereft of knowledge.

But thanks for playing, as others can then join in and engage an informed and creative dialogue on religious topics that have meaning and value :thumb: - one's ability to engage discussion will be obvious by their own words, the fruit of their wisdom, knowledge and understanding. This space provides an opportunity for such. We engage and co-create our own experience, so much depends upon what you make of it, what you are willing to research, explore and discover anew.

The highest ideals and concepts of goodness, truth and beauty are expounded on in the papers, covering the depth and breadth of religious principles and practice. We consider the content, quality and meaning of any religious writing, its effect and import, while remaining open also to 'progressive revelation'. These are traits of a truth seeker.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
wizards that peep and mutter.........

wizards that peep and mutter.........

More sweet talk!

iu

The Bible which warns of Spiritism (Deut.18:10-12), mediums
and other such means in receiving spiritual instruction.

The UB is against any form or spiritism, mediumship or other superstitious phenomena associated with witchcraft or sorcery. -

3. The spirits of the dead do not come back to communicate with their families or their onetime friends among the living.

6. Divination, sorcery, and witchcraft are superstitions of ignorant minds, as also are the delusions of magic. The belief in magic numbers, omens of good luck, and harbingers of bad luck, is pure and unfounded superstition.

9. The practices of the enchanters, the wizards, the magicians, and the sorcerers, were derived from the superstitions of the Egyptians, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, and the ancient Canaanites. Amulets and all sorts of incantations are futile either to win the protection of good spirits or to ward off supposed evil spirits.

In my Spiritualist studies, I do not necessarily agree with all the statements above, particularly 'mediumship' and 'spirit-communication' which I'm still researching, since I glean from some schools who accept some forms of 'spirit-communication'. Its a more complex topic having many dimensions.

But you would be properly informed that the UB and the strong Seventh Day Adventist influence of those associated with the production of the papers hold a very fundamental belief against the common forms of Spiritualist phenomena or spirit-channeling which would include common forms of channeling today (although there has been a movement among some UB readers of persons serving as 'transmitters' (known as the Teaching Mission{TM}) receiving some additional messages from celestials or mid-wayers, - these groups however are NOT endorsed or supported by the Urantia Foundation, the original publishers of the papers. - More on this here ) The way the papers came about were via a more mysterious fashion thru a sleeping subject, but also thru physical phenomena of papers materializing. It was a process different from 'spirit-channeling', and not in any way connected to such any common form of 'mediumship' known or popularized at that time. Dr. Sadler wrote extensively about spirit-phenomena and claims and debunked many kinds, but when he discovered the 'sleeping subject' and the phenomena associated with him which was unique, communications were engaged wherein more important and significant info. was to be released, that pivot-point in time was an open door for the 5th Epochal Revelation to the planet to come forth.

In any case,...throwing up old OT passages written to Jews about 'mediums', 'soothsayers' and 'wizards' as if that was some indictment against new religious books or revelations coming forth in the future is somewhat ridiculous. You need to understand what the terms mean by the writer and who they were describing at that time period. You might also note that you discard or simply disregard a lot in the OT, by new prescriptions of religion in the NT because of 'progressive revelation'. Remember, there are new dispensations of light that come forth, - the papers call these 'epochal revelations'. See here.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You haven't so much gotten a clue about what the papers are about, let alone read any significant portion of the material, such as reading and understanding at least the first 12 papers which provide a fundamental context of its theology. Therefore you are willfully bereft of knowledge.

But thanks for playing, as others can then join in and engage an informed and creative dialogue on religious topics that have meaning and value :thumb: - one's ability to engage discussion will be obvious by their own words, the fruit of their wisdom, knowledge and understanding. This space provides an opportunity for such. We engage and co-create our own experience, so much depends upon what you make of it, what you are willing to research, explore and discover anew.

The highest ideals and concepts of goodness, truth and beauty are expounded on in the papers, covering the depth and breadth of religious principles and practice. We consider the content, quality and meaning of any religious writing, its effect and import, while remaining open also to 'progressive revelation'. These are traits of a truth seeker.
I read the book. Thanks for playing.

"For they prophesy falsely to you in My name; I have not sent them, declares the Lord."* -* Jeremiah 29:9

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.” - Revelation 22:18-19

“Dear Friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the anti-christ, which you have heard is coming even now is already in the world.” - 1 John 4:1-5.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I read the book. Thanks for playing.

"For they prophesy falsely to you in My name; I have not sent them, declares the Lord."* -* Jeremiah 29:9

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.” - Revelation 22:18-19

“Dear Friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the anti-christ, which you have heard is coming even now is already in the world.” - 1 John 4:1-5.

No, you didn't read the book, if you had you would know that it teaches Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

The book of revelation was written or rather edited by apocalyptic, false prophets. It doesn't reveal anything much other than dark age speculation.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
No, you didn't read the book, if you had you would know that it teaches Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

The book of revelation was written or rather edited by apocalyptic, false prophets. It doesn't reveal anything much other than dark age speculation.
You guess alot

The devil will tell you 9 truths and 1 lie. That lie is the foundation the ub

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You guess alot

The devil will tell you 9 truths and 1 lie. That lie is the foundation the ub

The devil is gone, he was a looser and never had the powers you claim he has. Besides, he was a liar from the beginning, your own Bible tells you that but it doesn't look like you read that either.

God is actually good and fair.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The devil is gone, he was a looser and never had the powers you claim he has. Besides, he was a liar from the beginning, your own Bible tells you that but it doesn't look like you read that either.

God is actually good and fair.
Not surprised. That's what the seventh day Adventist said.

My own Bible, inspired by God, said in Matthew 25:41 and 46, “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, intoeverlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels ... And these shall go away into*everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.”

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Not surprised. That's what the seventh day Adventist said.

My own Bible, inspired by God, said in Matthew 25:41 and 46, “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, intoeverlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels ... And these shall go away into*everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.”

You missed Luke:

Luke 10 17:20

The Joyful Return

17The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in Your name.”

18So He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19See, I have given you authority to tread on snakes and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy. Nothing will harm you. 20Nevertheless, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

Your Satan fears were already destroyed by Jesus.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You missed Luke:

Luke 10 17:20

The Joyful Return

17The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in Your name.”

18So He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19See, I have given you authority to tread on snakes and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy. Nothing will harm you. 20Nevertheless, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

Your Satan fears were already destroyed by Jesus.
If you say Luke and the Bible is in error then what's the point of having discussions about the Bible?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
If you say Luke and the Bible is in error then what's the point of having discussions about the Bible?

Well yea, you are just a troll on this thread expressing your fear of anything other than what your church tells you to think. I presented Jesus' quotes in Luke to illustrate one of the many contradictions in the Bible that you pick and choose from. We now have the original teachings of Jesus in the UB which clarifies the confusion.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Well yea, you are just a troll on this thread expressing your fear of anything other than what your church tells you to think. I presented Jesus' quotes in Luke to illustrate one of the many contradictions in the Bible that you pick and choose from. We now have the original teachings of Jesus in the UB which clarifies the confusion.
More denial of the bible

Status
Not open for further replies.