The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

If there wasn't truth in what the UB says, it wouldn't bother you so much.
"If there wasn't truth in what the Satan says, it wouldn't bother you so much." :dizzy: Seriously, please learn to think!
I hate it 1) because it is a PURPOSEFUL attack on Christianity and 2) because I care about you two-three dupes! That's it, Caino!
Those are my two reasons for ever being here in your thread. Never look or guess further than that.

We have so much more information now that would expand your mind and heart to a greater understanding.
I don't really care about information. I care only for what is true vs what is not. It is a reductionist mentality simply because it only wants the facts, and then to act upon what is verifiable. The scriptures say that one must be indwelled by the living God to understand the living God. Until then, it is merely man trying to understand God on his/her own terms. I want[ed] to know God on His terms. My terms stink. So do yours. So do those Urantia folks'.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"If there wasn't truth in what the Satan says, it wouldn't bother you so much." :dizzy: Seriously, please learn to think!
I hate it 1) because it is a PURPOSEFUL attack on Christianity and 2) because I care about you two-three dupes! That's it, Caino!
Those are my two reasons for ever being here in your thread. Never look or guess further than that.

I don't really care about information. I care only for what is true vs what is not. It is a reductionist mentality simply because it only wants the facts, and then to act upon what is verifiable. The scriptures say that one must be indwelled by the living God to understand the living God. Until then, it is merely man trying to understand God on his/her own terms. I want[ed] to know God on His terms. My terms stink. So do yours. So do those Urantia folks'.

I was spirit born long ago before I started studying the UB in earnest. I grew up in Christianity listening to teachings about YEC, Noah's flood and other exaggerated claims of the Jews. I never did believe those things. When I was born again and read the UB I found a much more philosophically consistent and spiritually comprehensive teaching. In fact the UB validates many if the key themes and figures featured in the Bible books.

The revelators tell us:
"The New Testament is a superb Christian document, but it is only meagerly Jesusonian."

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You guys wouldn't even bother with this thread as much as you do if there wasn't truth being spoken here. You have soooooo much faith in Satan and his ability to write books, I cant imagine living in such a paranoid world. The religious people who tried to stop Jesus and previous prophets of truth had to contend with the same narrow-mindedness. I'm so grateful to be free from the idolatry of Biblical indoctrination.

We have a much beter explanation now about the events of the past that were recorded in the bible books.
You're immature and say carless things. Knight did comment on this thread

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
That's all you keep spouting. How much of the UB have you read to make an adequate and valid assessment of it? Have you read the first 12 papers at least? Index here (no exuse if you really want to discuss the actual material). If not, you really cant judge, except from ignorance and presumption. Seems a whole lot of that going on.

Truth is wherever you find it. That fact of life seems to evade you.

Can you specifically share any lies? Mostly just broad brush generalizations, projections, assumptions. Same ole spin.

Uhhhh,...who had made this into a contest? (with political overtones). Has it come down to something so petty as a theological duel or some kind of one-up-man-ship? The UB is not about such squabbles, but is one religious testament sharing much more important and universal questions and answers regarding man's origin, condition, potentials and divine destiny. I think it would be wise to attend to these matters and the principles and precepts expounded upon in the papers. If nothing to at least have an open and honest discussion of the topics covered, primarily 'theology'. That's the purpose of the thread. It would be advantageous if we attended to it, in a creative, constructive and positive manner.
You keep spouting God's word are in error. I'm not into extreme liberalism anyway. Ub failed the tests cause they denied the Bible. Go play

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You keep spouting God's word are in error

Where? You are creating a false enemy to attack, which has a tendency then to create its own apology. Hence a system that needs apologetics to defend itself. Truth however is living, dynamic,....a moment to moment recognition and realization, quickened by the spirit illuminating the soul. That's what both UB and Bible teaches in its own way,...the "letter kills, but the Spirit gives life". It is the Spirit that gives life. "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty".

So far, you haven't really engaged or contributed in discussing any particulars found in the UB, but enjoy dispensing little pot-shots and micro-byte generalizations and secret code words. You must pat yourself on the back for persistence, at least,....I guess we'll give you that.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You're immature and say carless things. Knight did comment on this thread

Yes, he did, and he allowed us this one thread on the UB. That was generous of him.

We are each at different stages of spiritual growth, intellectual understanding and empathetic outreach. Remember, if you do learn the great cosmological context revealed in the UB, an enlarged sense of universal reality and an appreciation for the grandeur of creation will be had, as you contemplate the truly infinite, and our place in the grand scheme of things. We are a small part of a much greater network of inhabited worlds and galaxies with near unlimited potentials and possibilities.

Lon

I was spirit born long ago before I started studying the UB in earnest. I grew up in Christianity listening to teachings about YEC, Noah's flood and other exaggerated claims of the Jews. I never did believe those things. When I was born again and read the UB I found a much more philosophically consistent and spiritually comprehensive teaching. In fact the UB validates many if the key themes and figures featured in the Bible books.

The revelators tell us:
"The New Testament is a superb Christian document, but it is only meagerly Jesusonian."

Every Mormon I've ever met says he/she is 'born-again' as well.
Being "born again" is an act of God. You cannot born, nor born-again yourself. "He who has the Son, has life..." Not other 'born-again' anything need apply. It counts for nothing and is rubbish, whether you promote it or I. It just doesn't count for anything other than as Christ meant it. The UB is dead-against the NT definition of being in Christ. You've had enough grace from me this Christmas season and I'm done trying to reach through thick-headed nonsense for now. Only the grace, power, and mercies of God can reach through such a blind haze. You and P.J. thank and compliment each other all you like. It is merely looking for the approval of men. I'm looking for a place Whose Builder and Maker are God (Hebrews 11). Proverbs 4:7

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Intrusted values.............

Intrusted values.............

Being "born again" is an act of God. You cannot born, nor born-again yourself. "He who has the Son, has life..." Not other 'born-again' anything need apply. It counts for nothing and is rubbish, whether you promote it or I. It just doesn't count for anything other than as Christ meant it. The UB is dead-against the NT definition of being in Christ. You've had enough grace from me this Christmas season and I'm done trying to reach through thick-headed nonsense for now. Only the grace, power, and mercies of God can reach through such a blind haze. You and P.J. thank and compliment each other all you like. It is merely looking for the approval of men. I'm looking for a place Whose Builder and Maker are God (Hebrews 11). Proverbs 4:7

O great and Magnificent Lon,.....patronizing us poor lost sinners deceived by the celestials holding court in Nebadon. What would we do without your dispensations of grace? :crackup: ;)

Your addresses are filled with so much pomp and presumption (most anyways). You have the audacity to actually question or reject our own personal religious experience, or spiritual journey, while knowing very little of it, let alone who we might be as human beings. Seriously. You've only got a little sliver of info. about any one of us, but here I'll speak for myself, and with that little information, distorted or assumed by your limited perceptions convoluted by religious bias and bigotry, you presume to be hold court to extend grace to us poor beguiled souls who need your 'version' of theological truth to set us on the straight and narrow.

You have no place to judge the hearts or souls of another by your own prescribed standards which are nothing but your own preferred exclusive beliefs (pre-scriptions) about 'God', the 'Bible', what qualifies as truth, etc. On this thread, the subject will be respectfully engaged in a myriad of dimensions, religiously speaking. And we've such done so far, despite resistence, trolling, marginalization, ridicule and the rest. After all, its just a discussion thread,...but a lot is here for anyone interested in expanding their horizons, to question, research and explore things for themselves, since each are responsible for what they come to know, consider and contemplate upon. Life is a journey and a school.

Your claim that we are looking for the approval of man is also exaggerated, while real dialogue and engaging discussion upon the subjects within the UB is encouraged, especially discussing the meanings and values revealed, which include the whole breadth of religion, science and philosophy. That's the main purpose of the thread, not necessarily to convince or convert anyone, but to share, discuss and explore. This outline is prefaced in the OP.

It just so happens I'm not bound by a dogmatic belief in the exclusivity or infallibility of a particular book (the UB or any other), or any one particular religious cult, although I may freely affiliate with and study with a variety of them at any given point in time, in the true tradition of the Eclectic school :) In any case, you misjudge, presume and pontificate, which obscures or retards any real discussion, since your mind is already made up. You know, in religious 'grid-lock' ;) Thankfully, the cosmic matrix provides an endless network of worlds and libraries one can draw upon in his search for truth, and that makes the spiritual journey a joyous one. "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty". This takes on more significance and wonder when one considers infinity.

Have a Merry Christmas :)

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned

If you knew the truth you wouldn't say those kinds of things.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Sadly they protest and accuse us of trying to 'recruit' or 'convert' them just because we recommend they read an adequate portion of the material before judging and have a good enough grasp to have a actual discussion. For instance I always recommend the basic first 10 - 12 papers at least...for a universal solid foundation of its theology, as it expands out further into the cosmology of the universe.

Foreword

1. The Universal Father
2. The Nature of God
3. The Attributes of God
4. God's Relation to the Universe
5. God's Relation to the Individual
6. The Eternal Son
7. Relation of the Eternal Son to the Universe
8. The Infinite Spirit
9. Relation of the Infinite Spirit to the Universe
10. The Paradise Trinity
11. The Eternal Isle of Paradise
12. The Universe of Universes

Sadly, some prefer marginalizing, degrading, mocking, ridiculing it or any particular points instead of actual constructive dialogue. The art of 'discussioin' seems to evade some, further enflamed by religious bigotry and censorship of new progressive ideas and concepts. I find the first 12 papers a good introduction to the UB theology, getting a grasp on the terminology and universal context, before branching out into other sections. I frankly don't care for some sections, but find other sections quite fascinating. Fortunately for those of us more liberal, there is no need or motivation for defending a dogmatic equation or finality of truth assumption. Truth is living, dynamic....and its reception or revelation varies per different conditions and locations in space and time. The idea of 'relative truth' and 'conceptual frames' is most wonderful, as shared in the papers, since they expand our intelligence to embrace a truly cosmic-perspective and far-reaching truth-grasp of the evolving Supreme BEING. Pretty awesome eh? So much petty bickering and attacks from the far right here go on to bypass so many wonderful insights, themes and gems shared in this particular volume. Much is assuming there is an 'enemy' to destroy or discredit their own religious book(s) whose doctrine of inerrancy has made it a veritable golden calf. It comes down to putting 'God' into a prescribed 'box',...I know the metaphor is old, but still fits.

Are you focusing on or reading any part of the UB at the current time?

I'm all over the UB researching issues almost every day when topics are presented. I've read it all the way through 5 times but still find new things or old things that were actually written differently than I recalled them.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
If you knew the truth you wouldn't say those kinds of things.
Truth? Ub are most likely channeled by demons and undermines the authority of the Bible.

You, as well as freelight, emphasize the bible is outdated and inaccurate. ("The Scriptures are faulty and altogether human in origin" (UB-Page 1767) (http://urantiabook.org/newbook/ub/ppr159_4.html#P159_4_3)

***The Bible says in 2 Timothy 3:16, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Truth? Ub are most likely channeled by demons and undermines the authority of the Bible.

You, as well as freelight, emphasize the bible is outdated and inaccurate. ("The Scriptures are faulty and altogether human in origin" (UB-Page 1767) (http://urantiabook.org/newbook/ub/ppr159_4.html#P159_4_3)

***The Bible says in 2 Timothy 3:16, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works."

2 Timothy is an opinion added to the Bible 1500 years after Moses lived. The Bible is 66 books, there were more that were taken away. NONE of the gospel writes claimed divine inspiration, they were just writing books about Jesus, doing the best they could. Some things were later added and others taken away.

The Bible contains much that is true and helpful, but it's by no means perfect. IN thousands of years the UB will have to be updated as well.

everready

The URANTIA Book, Page 1

Your world, Urantia, [Earth] is one of many similar inhabited planets which comprise the local universe of Nebadon. This universe, together with similar creations, makes up the superuniverse of Orvonton, from whose capital, Uversa, our commission hails. Divine Counselor

II Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

The Urantia Book, Urantia Foundation, Urantia Fellowship, and the Urantia three concentric circle symbol above (Banner of Michael) represent a modern-day Arian/Gnostic cult. Urantia followers reject the tenets of orthodox Christianity (particularly canonicity) and thus cannot be considered "Christian" by any traditional definition.

Arian - Arianism was a movement in the early church that believed God the Father alone was God, and that Jesus was a created being - i.e., not the eternal Son of God. The teaching was attributed to Arius of Alexandria. It was declared heretical at the Council of Nicea in A.D. 325, and again at the Council of Constantinople in A.D. 381.

Gnostic - The English word "Gnostic" comes from the Greek word gnosis, which means "knowledge". Gnosticism is an ancient religion which, while altering its appearance down through history, always claims access to special or secret knowledge based on extra-biblical revelations. The Urantia Book is the extra-biblical "fifth epochal revelation," supposedly picking up where the Bible leaves off. Rightly considered a dangerous heresy, several New Testament epistles (Colossians and 1, 2, & 3 John) contain warnings against Gnosticism.

The Urantia Book (a.k.a. "The Urantia Papers", "God's Bible", the "Revelation"), consisting of 2,097 six by eleven inch pages, was complied in 1934-35 and first copyrighted in 1955. It is a collection of 196 apocryphal "papers" (i.e. so-called revelations) said to be communicated by various "authors"--i.e. spirit beings who names are listed in the papers. The book's theme consists of highly detailed, mythology-like descriptions of (our) universe, surrounding universes, numerous extraterrestrial spirit beings which are said to inhabit these universes, the spiritual evolutionary history of planet earth (Urantia), and the life and teaching of a "Jesus", also called "Christ Michael", a "Creator Son". The Urantia Foundation has provided multiple copies of the cultic Urantia Book to libraries across the United States and world.

The group began in Chicago during the early 1930's among high-ranking members of the heretical Seventh Day Adventist1 sect. The cult gained increasing popularity during the hallucinogenic 1960s, as the interrelationships between mind-altering drugs, the occult, metaphysics, and the New Age movement were being forged. Urantia is one of several esoteric New Age religious efforts to create spirituality within the context of the philosophic naturalism and modernism that pervades Western culture.2

http://withchrist.org/urantia.htm

everready

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The URANTIA Book, Page 1

Your world, Urantia, [Earth] is one of many similar inhabited planets which comprise the local universe of Nebadon. This universe, together with similar creations, makes up the superuniverse of Orvonton, from whose capital, Uversa, our commission hails. Divine Counselor

II Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

The Urantia Book, Urantia Foundation, Urantia Fellowship, and the Urantia three concentric circle symbol above (Banner of Michael) represent a modern-day Arian/Gnostic cult. Urantia followers reject the tenets of orthodox Christianity (particularly canonicity) and thus cannot be considered "Christian" by any traditional definition.

Arian - Arianism was a movement in the early church that believed God the Father alone was God, and that Jesus was a created being - i.e., not the eternal Son of God. The teaching was attributed to Arius of Alexandria. It was declared heretical at the Council of Nicea in A.D. 325, and again at the Council of Constantinople in A.D. 381.

Gnostic - The English word "Gnostic" comes from the Greek word gnosis, which means "knowledge". Gnosticism is an ancient religion which, while altering its appearance down through history, always claims access to special or secret knowledge based on extra-biblical revelations. The Urantia Book is the extra-biblical "fifth epochal revelation," supposedly picking up where the Bible leaves off. Rightly considered a dangerous heresy, several New Testament epistles (Colossians and 1, 2, & 3 John) contain warnings against Gnosticism.

The Urantia Book (a.k.a. "The Urantia Papers", "God's Bible", the "Revelation"), consisting of 2,097 six by eleven inch pages, was complied in 1934-35 and first copyrighted in 1955. It is a collection of 196 apocryphal "papers" (i.e. so-called revelations) said to be communicated by various "authors"--i.e. spirit beings who names are listed in the papers. The book's theme consists of highly detailed, mythology-like descriptions of (our) universe, surrounding universes, numerous extraterrestrial spirit beings which are said to inhabit these universes, the spiritual evolutionary history of planet earth (Urantia), and the life and teaching of a "Jesus", also called "Christ Michael", a "Creator Son". The Urantia Foundation has provided multiple copies of the cultic Urantia Book to libraries across the United States and world.

The group began in Chicago during the early 1930's among high-ranking members of the heretical Seventh Day Adventist1 sect. The cult gained increasing popularity during the hallucinogenic 1960s, as the interrelationships between mind-altering drugs, the occult, metaphysics, and the New Age movement were being forged. Urantia is one of several esoteric New Age religious efforts to create spirituality within the context of the philosophic naturalism and modernism that pervades Western culture.2

http://withchrist.org/urantia.htm

everready

The Urantia Book

Paper 10

THE PARADISE TRINITY

10:0.1 THE PARADISE TRINITY of eternal Deities facilitates the Father’s escape from personality absolutism. The Trinity perfectly associates the limitless expression of God’s infinite personal will with the absoluteness of Deity. The Eternal Son and the various Sons of divine origin, together with the Conjoint Actor and his universe children, effectively provide for the Father’s liberation from the limitations otherwise inherent in primacy, perfection, changelessness, eternity, universality, absoluteness, and infinity.

10:0.2 The Paradise Trinity effectively provides for the full expression and perfect revelation of the eternal nature of Deity. The Stationary Sons of the Trinity likewise afford a full and perfect revelation of divine justice. The Trinity is Deity unity, and this unity rests eternally upon the absolute foundations of the divine oneness of the three original and co-ordinate and coexistent personalities, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit.

10:0.3 From the present situation on the circle of eternity, looking backward into the endless past, we can discover only one inescapable inevitability in universe affairs, and that is the Paradise Trinity. I deem the Trinity to have been inevitable. As I view the past, present, and future of time, I consider nothing else in all the universe of universes to have been inevitable. The present master universe, viewed in retrospect or in prospect, is unthinkable without the Trinity. Given the Paradise Trinity, we can postulate alternate or even multiple ways of doing all things, but without the Trinity of Father, Son, and Spirit we are unable to conceive how the Infinite could achieve threefold and co-ordinate personalization in the face of the absolute oneness of Deity. No other concept of creation measures up to the Trinity standards of the completeness of the absoluteness inherent in Deity unity coupled with the repleteness of volitional liberation inherent in the threefold personalization of Deity"

Caino

BANNED
Banned
THE INCARNATION—MAKING TWO ONE

120:4.1 And so certain unworthy children of Michael, who had accused their Creator-father of selfishly seeking rulership and indulged the insinuation that the Creator Son was arbitrarily and autocratically upheld in power by virtue of the unreasoning loyalty of a deluded universe of subservient creatures, were to be silenced forever and left confounded and disillusioned by the life of self-forgetful service which the Son of God now entered upon as the Son of Man—all the while subject to “the will of the Paradise Father.”

120:4.2 But make no mistake; Christ Michael, while truly a dual-origin being, was not a double personality. He was not God in association with man but, rather, God incarnate in man. And he was always just that combined being. The only progressive factor in such a nonunderstandable relationship was the progressive self-conscious realization and recognition (by the human mind) of this fact of being God and man.

120:4.3 Christ Michael did not progressively become God. God did not, at some vital moment in the earth life of Jesus, become man. Jesus was God and man—always and even forevermore. And this God and this man were, and now are, one, even as the Paradise Trinity of three beings is in reality one Deity.

120:4.4 Never lose sight of the fact that the supreme spiritual purpose of the Michael bestowal was to enhance the revelation of God.

120:4.5 Urantia mortals have varying concepts of the miraculous, but to us who live as citizens of the local universe there are few miracles, and of these by far the most intriguing are the incarnational bestowals of the Paradise Sons. The appearance in and on your world, by apparently natural processes, of a divine Son, we regard as a miracle—the operation of universal laws beyond our understanding. Jesus of Nazareth was a miraculous person.

120:4.6 In and through all this extraordinary experience, God the Father chose to manifest himself as he always does—in the usual way—in the normal, natural, and dependable way of divine acting.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
195:0.18 Many of the great truths taught by Jesus were almost lost in these early compromises, but they yet slumber in this religion of paganized Christianity, which was in turn the Pauline version of the life and teachings of the Son of Man. And Christianity, even before it was paganized, was first thoroughly Hellenized. Christianity owes much, very much, to the Greeks. It was a Greek, from Egypt, who so bravely stood up at Nicaea and so fearlessly challenged this assembly that it dared not so obscure the concept of the nature of Jesus that the real truth of his bestowal might have been in danger of being lost to the world. This Greek's name was Athanasius, and but for the eloquence and the logic of this believer, the persuasions of Arius would have triumphed.

everready

Book of Urantia stems from Babylon..

trinity2.jpg

everready

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
2 Timothy is an opinion added to the Bible 1500 years after Moses lived. The Bible is 66 books, there were more that were taken away. NONE of the gospel writes claimed divine inspiration, they were just writing books about Jesus, doing the best they could. Some things were later added and others taken away.

The Bible contains much that is true and helpful, but it's by no means perfect. IN thousands of years the UB will have to be updated as well.
Added and taken away by the holy spirit over time and ends with 66 . 66 turned perfect without a single flaw and stayed that way. You have been tested and failed to witness God's Word just as the failed dark celestials wanted you to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.