The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

Sorry to disappoint you Lon,...no "burning in the bosoms" required :) - Mormonism has no relationship to the UB.
Yes, they both have this in common: They are adhered to by the weakminded and willfully disobedient (goes hand in hand).

You've read a few portions from what I've observed, and criticized mostly on some passages in Part 4 of the life of Jesus, the juvenile style of grammar used, etc. The tome is over 2,000 pages and has some amazing dissertations on the cosmology, creation and organization of the Grand Universe, the nature of Deity, man's relationship to Deity, angelic orders, etc. Until you've actually read the first 12 papers,...I cannot accept that you have a grasp of the basic theology of the UB, to say nothing of the many other subjects it expounds on, some of whats been covered on the thread so far. So,...its back to square one and your biased pre-judgments about an entire book based on a few passages that didn't fit your bar of expectations.
:nono: I've told you on numerous times I've read this. Get this: JUST for you two. It is NOT amazing dissertation. :nono: I found it more juvenile and mindless dupe.

:crackup:

Oh boy,...but you cant resist coming back to drop your critiques and check out how things are going in such an awe inspiring thread :) - and don't forget, this section is about discussion on the subject of 'Religion' and its various artifacts, different views and perspectives. This includes books like the Urantia Book, whose claims in the area in religion, science and philosophy has significance.
Well, then no wonder you buy the UB stuff. Your reading comprehension needs collegiate work.

Don't try to bait me to keep any kind of negative attention on your pointless thread. ONLY God has promised His words will not return void. Yours and the UB surely will be tossed. Mine, but for scripture quoting as well.

Part 4 and all the teachings of Jesus therein clearly and exponentially proclaim with clarity and great elaboration, the gospel of the kingdom of God, which includes the spiritual rebirth and awakening of the soul to its relationship with God as 'Our Father', bringing into realization our 'sonship' with God, - remember the foundation is 'The Fatherhood of God & Brotherhood of Man'. The UB presents as being true to Jesus, the gospel that Jesus taught, NOT necessarily any gospels that came after him that were merely ABOUT him, mixed with other concepts, theories and mythology. Remember,....its about promoting the religion OF Jesus, not just a religion ABOUT Jesus. In this context the papers refer to this gospel as 'Jesusonian'. There are 5 reference to the term 'Jesusonian' here for any interested in understanding the term.
Which is CLEARLY against the NT. There are no 'ah ha' moments here. It is heresy.

But that's your opinion that 'God' has dictated anything, and that by accepting a book that is being interpreted for claiming such, an 'interpretation' that is debatable. The peculiar thing is you have an OT, and a NT lumped onto what is made into the Christian 'Bible', while traditional orthodox Jews reject such an addition to their scriptures, and there is are NT believers who reject a good portion of what the OT contains, but still include it as their 'foundation' upon which to piggypack, all the while accepting the NT as a "new revelation", "covenant" or 'dispensation'. So even here you see 'progressive revelation' at work,...dividing religious sects, setting them apart from each other. As we consider the whole of cosmic evolution and man's spiritual progress,...there will naturally be greater unfoldings or dispensations of revelation appearing...so that previous dispensations are augmented or replaced by new ones. Religious truths and principles still hold, but they are being expanded upon, appropriate to man's needs and level of development as these unfold in time. Such is the nature of things.
Nope. Inept try on your part.

Your adherence to the UB and Eastern fantasies requires, as I said prior, nothing of you. It is easy to buy what isn't true, if you've no desire to confront truth, no matter how inconvenient it may be for you. Think about that some. The N.T. is true.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Good news! Sherman doesn't want Freelight spewing his garbage into the Chatbox anymore. Better heed what she said Freelight. Alert your "Cosmic Authorities" that you've been limited.

:rotfl:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Served.....

Served.....

Bad news! Your pal Freelight can no longer spew his tripe into the Chatbox. :wave:

For your information I wasn't spewing tripe, but appropriately responding to a question made to me. Just because a certain moderator called my commentary 'garbage' due to her own personal disdain towards any kind of liberal spirituality outside of her own narrow religious belief-system, does not mean that what I shared is that (quite the contrary), but one such as yourself who is a busy-body trolling buffoon, looking for any opportunity to jump back on the bandwagon of attacking me and your erroneous ideas of the UB, sure couldn't resist using that moderators remark to his own campaign agenda. And that's all you have to continue your trolling. All you got is a circus full of pre-judgments, mock-comments, diatribe and bully-tactics.

Find a new hobby.

Get out a litte more.

Get some fresh air.

Served here.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
For your information I wasn't spewing tripe, but appropriately responding to a question made to me. Just because a certain moderator called my commentary 'garbage' due to her own personal disdain towards any kind of liberal spirituality outside of her own narrow religious belief-system, does not mean that what I shared is that (quite the contrary), but one such as yourself who is a busy-body trolling buffoon, looking for any opportunity to jump back on the bandwagon of attacking me and your erroneous ideas of the UB, sure couldn't resist using that moderators remark to his own campaign agenda. And that's all you have to continue your trolling. All you got is a circus full of pre-judgments, mock-comments, diatribe and bully-tactics.

Find a new hobby.

Get out a litte more.

Get some fresh air.

Served here.

:chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Find a new hobby.

Get out a litte more.

Get some fresh air.

Served here.

Gee, the Urantians sure are touchy.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
120:0.1 "ASSIGNED BY GABRIEL to supervise the restatement of the life of Michael when on Urantia and in the likeness of mortal flesh, I, the Melchizedek director of the revelatory commission intrusted with this task, am authorized to present this narrative of certain events which immediately preceded the Creator Son’s arrival on Urantia to embark upon the terminal phase of his universe bestowal experience. To live such identical lives as he imposes upon the intelligent beings of his own creation, thus to bestow himself in the likeness of his various orders of created beings, is a part of the price which every Creator Son must pay for the full and supreme sovereignty of his self-made universe of things and beings."

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Urantia symbolism and ritual within a religious movement........

Urantia symbolism and ritual within a religious movement........

Here is an interesting video showing where passages in the UB both criticize religious institutionalism and its socializing forms (in their negative or retarding capabilities), but also acknowledge their usefulness if these organizations serve as instruments or facilitators of spiritual renewal, regeneration and transformation. It happens to be that most mortals need some kind of symbolism, art-form, vision, intellectual-physical representation, a system of ritual to help direct one towards the true goal of religion, which is personal and communal experience with God, the inward and life-transforming experience of God-communion. If any existing or new religious movements or organizations can serve as living instruments towards this realization, with the primary impetus of inspiring the progressive evolution of the soul of man towards perfection, it will have served its purpose nobly.

I think the challenge as Robert brings up, is how and in what organized form a new religious movement can thrive without any of the retardations or misfortunes of having the ritual and symbols supplant the actual personal religious experience, lest such a religion become relegated to a mechanical practice of the outward forms without the vivifying spirit being allowed to operate thru the forms, inspiring authentic worship.

I was wondering if a new global uprising of a Jesusonian Religion should spread,...would some of it be embraced within some liberal progressive forms or organizations of Christianity, who are often more open to such things, or would some centralized religious governing body be over a network of Urantian churches, local congregations within each city, within which the Jesusonian gospel is proclaimed, lived and realized as a 'socialized gospel' of real human growth. While the UB has many educational and home-study groups,....I was wondering what a branching out or 'churching' of the Urantia Message would look like, perhaps like just another progressive New Thought or Metaphysical Christian movement? I bring this up since in many cities we have a 'church' almost on every corner, and attendance to many churches has gone down, and 'organized religion' in general has gotten a bad rap. If we rename this as 'socialized religion', it becomes more palatable....since a socialized system where religious truths and principles can be taught, facilitated and lived, is most essential...if we are to have a real living religious 'ethic', 'ritual' and 'symbolism', an effective network of human relationships empowered and united to realize the divine intent.

Here is Robert's site here. Anyways,...just some thoughts and questions for any religionist, UB enthusiasts or otherwise. We have to question if a new religious movement or network of churches (fellowship) can have any real power to transform the strata of humanity or society. It would have to be the Spirit transforming lives one at a time, then spreading to affect whole communities. This calls us to consider how the kingdom of heaven will be realized here on earth, what are the obstacles to that, and what are our greatest tools and assets to bring that to pass. A lot to chew on! :) - but worth considering if we are to be the 'light' of the world, and follow the mandate of Jesus. A 'Jesusonian' gospel is essentially relationally a 'socialized gospel' because its aim is towards the rebirth of all souls into the realization of their sonship with God, awakening their faith as being a child of God, and living as citizens of his kingdom.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
New Zealand Pastor Blames Earthquakes on Homosexuals (and Other Sinners)

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...earthquakes-on-homosexuals-and-other-sinners/

Oh dear. Well,....something metaphysically could be said about man's sin and his corruption affecting the Earth in some negative way, since we are all living within a universal global network of living energy systems. So in some sense, the travail of creation is connected with the destructive and ill effects of iniquity and rebellion coming into the cosmos. In a fragile eco-system, all things inter-relate, from thoughts, forms, matter and energy. Nothing is outside the creative matrix, the Unified Field. That asides....of course blaming particular cataclysms or earthquakes on specific acts of 'sin', occurring at specific locations because of the sinfulness of men, particularly for being gay, well...that's a stretch...unless one can show any real relation to sin or a unique practice of sin has effected disasters in particular parts in the world, and it can be proven scientifically (repeated over and over again) to show a real trend or pattern. Otherwise,...its just more religious speak, which can open the door to manipulation and bigotry....all in the name of 'God' of course.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
How come I don't see any bible quotes from urantians here? No quotes from God but quotes from unfamiliar spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.