The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You do blasphemy God.

You go through the Holy Bible and go against most of it.

The flood happened.

All the earth was evil except one man and his family.

Blasphemy and heresy was invented by religion so that people wouldn't question the corrupt holy men.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You do not only question, you call the written word lies.

The original authors were writing in preacher speak, they were creating psudobiographical narratives intended for spiritual instruction. They made no claims of divine inspiration. It wasn't until the return from Babylon that later generations of religious leaders claimed the books were inspired. It's how they derived their authority over the people. They used the doctrine of inspiration against Jesus. They still do today.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The cultural climate at the time of Jesus bestowal........

The cultural climate at the time of Jesus bestowal........

That would be time consuming. There is what Jesus said, then there is how the gospel writers sincerely remembered what he said based on eye witnesses and such, then some of the gospels were edited according o the UR, and then there is what Jesus said in the UB which is much more extensive and in some cases restated in modern phraseology.

Previous written records:

Phttp://truthbook.com/urantia-book/paper-121-the-times-of-michaels-bestowal?criteria="previous written records"#U121_8_0

Hi Caino,

Your link above does not work. I have corrected this link below for those interested - Below is Paper 121, The Times of Christ-Michael's Bestowal,...it covers the social-cultural and religious background and setting that was in existence during the earthly life of Jesus. The last part is a synopsis of the gospels -

Previous written records

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You are forced to believe things just because they are in the current 66 book list of the cannon, not because those stories ring true in your heart. That sounds more fake than sincere questioning.

There is no reason to believe in a limited canon, or that a collection of books is infallible or inerrant, since anything coming thru human hands and minds is subject to imperfection, distortion, even manipulation, plus continued translation-modifications. Truth is ever dynamic and living,....and is communicated by the spirit of truth itself. A student of truth is always OPEN to be taught of God.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
What a lot of bunk.

Deu 9:18 And I fell down before the LORD, as at the first, forty days and forty nights: I did neither eat bread, nor drink water, because of all your sins which ye sinned, in doing wickedly in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.
Deu 9:19 For I was afraid of the anger and hot displeasure, wherewith the LORD was wroth against you to destroy you. But the LORD hearkened unto me at that time also.
Deu 9:20 And the LORD was very angry with Aaron to have destroyed him: and I prayed for Aaron also the same time.

You haven't experienced 'God' as a loving Heavenly Father? :idunno:

God's Truth

The original authors were writing in preacher speak, they were creating psudobiographical narratives intended for spiritual instruction. They made no claims of divine inspiration. It wasn't until the return from Babylon that later generations of religious leaders claimed the books were inspired. It's how they derived their authority over the people. They used the doctrine of inspiration against Jesus. They still do today.

What you are saying is nonsense.

You call the Bible lies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jesus, giving his life in service........

Jesus, giving his life in service........

Cross referencing latest post in the 'blood atonement' thread here. (new video in a series shared so far in that thread by a Karaite Jewish brother on the Tanakh's teaching on 'atonement'.)

Another good article is - A GOSPEL ACCOUNT OF OUR FATHER AND THE BLOOD ATONEMENT OF JESUS (from a UB perspective with biblical documentation).

Snippets from Paper 188 - important to read the section 188:4 MEANING OF THE DEATH ON THE CROSS in its entirety -

188:4.1 Although Jesus did not die this death on the cross to atone for the racial guilt of mortal man nor to provide some sort of effective approach to an otherwise offended and unforgiving God; even though the Son of Man did not offer himself as a sacrifice to appease the wrath of God and to open the way for sinful man to obtain salvation; notwithstanding that these ideas of atonement and propitiation are erroneous, nonetheless, there are significances attached to this death of Jesus on the cross which should not be overlooked. It is a fact that Urantia has become known among other neighboring inhabited planets as the "World of the Cross."

188:4.2 Jesus desired to live a full mortal life in the flesh on Urantia. Death is, ordinarily, a part of life. Death is the last act in the mortal drama. In your well-meant efforts to escape the superstitious errors of the false interpretation of the meaning of the death on the cross, you should be careful not to make the great mistake of failing to perceive the true significance and the genuine import of the Master's death.

~*~*~

The full chapter on 'Meaning of the death of Jesus' here (important)

The chapter after the above is 'Lessons from the Cross' here (very important).

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The UB actually validates that there was a basis for some of the stories in the Bible book. There was a Noah flood legend, but it was much smaller.

THE FLOODS IN MESOPOTAMIA

78:7.1 The river dwellers were accustomed to rivers overflowing their banks at certain seasons; these periodic floods were annual events in their lives. But new perils threatened the valley of Mesopotamia as a result of progressive geologic changes to the north.

78:7.2 For thousands of years after the submergence of the first Eden the mountains about the eastern coast of the Mediterranean and those to the northwest and northeast of Mesopotamia continued to rise. This elevation of the highlands was greatly accelerated about 5000 B.C., and this, together with greatly increased snowfall on the northern mountains, caused unprecedented floods each spring throughout the Euphrates valley. These spring floods grew increasingly worse so that eventually the inhabitants of the river regions were driven to the eastern highlands. For almost a thousand years scores of cities were practically deserted because of these extensive deluges.

78:7.3 Almost five thousand years later, as the Hebrew priests in Babylonian captivity sought to trace the Jewish people back to Adam, they found great difficulty in piecing the story together; and it occurred to one of them to abandon the effort, to let the whole world drown in its wickedness at the time of Noah's flood, and thus to be in a better position to trace Abraham right back to one of the three surviving sons of Noah.

78:7.4 The traditions of a time when water covered the whole of the earth's surface are universal. Many races harbor the story of a world-wide flood some time during past ages. The Biblical story of Noah, the ark, and the flood is an invention of the Hebrew priesthood during the Babylonian captivity. There has never been a universal flood since life was established on Urantia. The only time the surface of the earth was completely covered by water was during those Archeozoic ages before the land had begun to appear.

Uruk. Erech 78:7.5 But Noah really lived; he was a wine maker of Aram, a river settlement near Erech. He kept a written record of the days of the river's rise from year to year. He brought much ridicule upon himself by going up and down the river valley advocating that all houses be built of wood, boat fashion, and that the family animals be put on board each night as the flood season approached. He would go to the neighboring river settlements every year and warn them that in so many days the floods would come. Finally a year came in which the annual floods were greatly augmented by unusually heavy rainfall so that the sudden rise of the waters wiped out the entire village; only Noah and his immediate family were saved in their houseboat.

78:7.6 These floods completed the disruption of Andite civilization. With the ending of this period of deluge, the second garden was no more. Only in the south and among the Sumerians did any trace of the former glory remain.

78:7.7 The remnants of this, one of the oldest civilizations, are to be found in these regions of Mesopotamia and to the northeast and northwest. But still older vestiges of the days of Dalamatia exist under the waters of the Persian Gulf, and the first Eden lies submerged under the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Daqq and Marry,

I started being suspicious of your faith whether you are truly Jesus' followers.

You both united with self-claimed non-Christian, freelight, and argue with LA who is trying to be true to Jesus.

I don't agree with everything he believes or claims but I will not argue in public against his claims.

It seems you are both going after humanism.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"The salvation of God for the mortals of Urantia would have been just as effective and unerringly certain if Jesus had not been put to death by the cruel hands of ignorant mortals. If the Master had been favorably received by the mortals of earth and had departed from Urantia by the voluntary relinquishment of his life in the flesh, the fact of the love of God and the mercy of the Son—the fact of sonship with God—would have in no wise been affected. You mortals are the sons of God, and only one thing is required to make such a truth factual in your personal experience, and that is your spirit-born faith."

God's Truth

You are just someone on the internet, up on your high horse making false accusations against others. You aren't the gate.

I never said I was the gate. You are a false accuser who bears false witness.

You have to go through the Jewish Jesus to enter by the gate.

You have picked apart the Bible and threw out the words of God and added to it to make a fake god.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I never said I was the gate. You are a false accuser who bears false witness.

You have to go through the Jewish Jesus to enter by the gate.

You have picked apart the Bible and threw out the words of God and added to it to make a fake god.

I do go through Jesus, I told you that, but you are dense, self righteous. If you knew your Bible you would know all that Jesus said and did not say.

God's Truth

I do go through Jesus, I told you that, but you are dense, self righteous. If you knew your Bible you would know all that Jesus said and did not say.

How many times do I have to say it? How many different ways? You do not go through the gate, the gate Jesus is, the Jesus of the Holy Bible.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
How many times do I have to say it? How many different ways? You do not go through the gate, the gate Jesus is, the Jesus of the Holy Bible.

The Bible doesn't own Jesus, one can have faith in Jesus quite apart form the Bible with all of its errors and inconsistencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.