The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're lost and have some nasty surprises waiting for you.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

True

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There are no UFO's associated with the UB, neither are UFO's mentioned in the UB. Did you forget to get schooled here? - you're still using the 'ufo cult' card after all the corrections given? it looks like 'intellectual honesty' is not too high in your current inventory. From now on, since we've been over this time and time again, I'll just refer you to my primary post above that directly answers your mistaken belief, and proves your 'assumption' wrong.

Have some integrity.

I don't read your propaganda my friend and fellow poster.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
that is a lie. Jesus spoke about it. THe bible is true. Your demon informers have you doubting the bible God wrote that has been unchanged for 4,000 years. Such a shame you believe a demon over God.

God disagrees with you Caino. YOu are calling God incapable of preserving a book, but you trust a demon's ability to transfer God's message more than God. Do you see how silly that is? You put more credibility in an angel than you do in God, who created and sustains all things. that is very foolish.

Why would you believe even a word of it if you don't believe all of it?

The Urantia book mystically appeared in about 1955, on a park bench or something? There is a Kellogg (the cereal folks) connection to the book. It's a scam. Naive people fall for scams all the time.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Bible evolved over time, the same stories were repeated but with different explanations.

2 Samuel 24:1

Now again the anger of the Lord burned against Israel, and it incited David against them to say, “Go, number Israel and Judah.”

1 Chronicles 21:1

"Then Satan stood up against Israel and moved David to number Israel. So David said to Joab and to the princes of the people, "Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan, and bring me word that I may know their number."…

I'm not an all or nothing person when it comes to what people write. To me the Bible books that make up the current cannon list (there were others) are like the newspaper, we can get a general idea of what happened, or the exaggerations about what happened bearing in mind the bias of the reporters.

The religion that God wrote the Bible is a form of idolatry. And some of the books mentioned in the Bible disappeared, so your claim that God keeps it all together is what is really silly.

Funny, they said Jesus got his powers from demons to. Every time right wingers don't like something new they claim it came from Satan or demons. Just because the church government convinced you of that silliness doesn't mean everyone buys into it.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Er, Truthbook says otherwise. He seems to be a Urantian to me.

Lons link to Truthbook:

"On a personal note, I used to be highly intrigued by UFO sightings and tales. After discovering The Urantia Book that interest dwindled to where now I'd be interested in seeing one but other than that I pay the phenomenon little attention."

Question: What was Gabriel how did he get here? Who were the three beings that met with Abraham at Mamre and how did they get here?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Urantia book mystically appeared in about 1955, on a park bench or something? There is a Kellogg (the cereal folks) connection to the book. It's a scam. Naive people fall for scams all the time.

You fell for the Hebrews redacted version of their history so correct, naïve people fall for scams all the time.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

I've fully addressed and corrected the UFO issue in the links and many posts provided (here and beyond)....a few which are from Truthbook site as well. Note your link to this particular article does not prove the UB is a 'UFO cult', and that the writer only offers his own opinions of what UFOs might be from within a UB context, and this includes his conjecture about midway creatures using some kind of transport vehicles, or some other off-world civilization using some kind of transport vehicles who might be assisting mid-way creatures,...and note these are purely speculative. - the UB does not speak of any physical craft or technology.

Lets remind the public again,....there are no connections that the UB has with our modern conception of UFO phenomena, ET contacts and the like, since the papers came thru mysterious means thru a human channel as a kind of 'relay station' thru which various celestial personalities gave information and answered various questions about God, the universe, creation and so on. It would behoove any serious student of religion and philosophy to actually read the content of the material, since what is being communicated is what is important, not speculation or assumptions of whether UFO's or 'aliens' are somehow connected in some way.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Expanding consciousness......

Expanding consciousness......

Also, have you read the Foreward or the first 12 papers which lay down the fundamental theology of the papers, from which more is revealed. Have you done that much, to educate yourself on the material? If you want to engage a discussion intelligently or critique a book, you need to familiarize yourself with the text, and not just cherry-picking sections that you can purposely demean and ridicule. But demeaning, belittling and ridiculing seems to the M.O. of most of the critics here. They aren't interested in discussion, and their posts prove it. When they are interested in using the papers as a springboard to engage in a 'creative dialogue', an exploration and expansion of consciousness,...the exchange here will be more fruitful.

The most important thing about a religious text, is what is being communicated,....the religious/philosophical values, principles, concepts, ideals, etc. This is the core issue within the 'story-telling' of any religious book or inspired writing....whether using historically accurate facts, parables or mythology. The UB heralds an emphasis on values and meanings. This is important as one contemplates and studies a text. It might behoove you to consider that.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You're lost and have some nasty surprises waiting for you.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Using scare tactics and pseudographical proof-texts for 'this' or 'that' don't exactly impress, except from one assuming he has some 'higher truth' and hes using certain 'verses' to bolster his own belief-system and 'brow-beat' others who he assumes are beneath him.

God's love welcomes all.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
hell-busters.....

hell-busters.....

that is a lie. Jesus spoke about it.

'Hell' can surely be a fictional place within the religious imagination. Also, Jesus spoke more of 'Gehenna' than 'hades', which was a trash dump in the valley of Hinnom. You need to consider all the words translated into the English word 'hell' first, and determine their true meaning within any given 'context'. There is 'gehenna', 'hades', 'sheol', 'tartaroo'...then the 'lake of fire' mentioned in Rev....but they do not all refer to the same thing or place.

See: what the hell is hell?

journey

Using scare tactics and pseudographical proof-texts for 'this' or 'that' don't exactly impress, except from one assuming he has some 'higher truth' and hes using certain 'verses' to bolster his own belief-system and 'brow-beat' others who he assumes are beneath him.

God's love welcomes all.

God's Word is the highest truth. The ub is fabricated junk, so it isn't on the list of truth. Telling you that you are lost is being kind to you.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
All is relative in this finite domain limited and conditioned by space and time......

All is relative in this finite domain limited and conditioned by space and time......

God's Word is the highest truth. The ub is fabricated junk, so it isn't on the list of truth. Telling you that you are lost is being kind to you.

~*~*~

2:7.1 All finite knowledge and creature understanding are relative. Information and intelligence, gleaned from even high sources, is only relatively complete, locally accurate, and personally true.

2:7.2 Physical facts are fairly uniform, but truth is a living and flexible factor in the philosophy of the universe. Evolving personalities are only partially wise and relatively true in their communications. They can be certain only as far as their personal experience extends. That which apparently may be wholly true in one place may be only relatively true in another segment of creation.

2:7.3 Divine truth, final truth, is uniform and universal, but the story of things spiritual, as it is told by numerous individuals hailing from various spheres, may sometimes vary in details owing to this relativity in the completeness of knowledge and in the repleteness of personal experience as well as in the length and extent of that experience. While the laws and decrees, the thoughts and attitudes, of the First Great Source and Center are eternally, infinitely, and universally true; at the same time, their application to, and adjustment for, every universe, system, world, and created intelligence, are in accordance with the plans and technique of the Creator Sons as they function in their respective universes, as well as in harmony with the local plans and procedures of the Infinite Spirit and of all other associated celestial personalities.

You might do well to understand the above ;)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
'Hell' can surely be a fictional place within the religious imagination. Also, Jesus spoke more of 'Gehenna' than 'hades', which was a trash dump in the valley of Hinnom. You need to consider all the words translated into the English word 'hell' first, and determine their true meaning within any given 'context'. There is 'gehenna', 'hades', 'sheol', 'tartaroo'...then the 'lake of fire' mentioned in Rev....but they do not all refer to the same thing or place.

See: what the hell is hell?

You "Odd types" don't believe in Hell, yet, you trust in your UFOs and little green men beliefs? I find that quite fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.