The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It was "good news" to people when the Son of God told them the ennobling truth that all men and women of earth are the Sons and Daughters of the Living God. One need not apply for adoption with endless sacrifices of birds and bunnies. The heavy yoke of Judaism was a sham designed to enrich the temple managers.

Jesus had faith in man, he was a revelation to the Father of what man can be. Christianity seems to see man as a piece of garbage based on the erroneous theory that we were supposed to have been created in perfection from the start were it not for the blunders of the first women.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Christianity seems to see man as a piece of garbage based on the erroneous theory that we were supposed to have been created in perfection from the start were it not for the blunders of the first women.

The Bible doesn't even come close to saying that

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jesus on the Kingdom........

Jesus on the Kingdom........

The above voice and music is by Pato Banton,....from Paper 137. Lets focus on the glad tidings of the kingdom.

:thumb:

New addition: I just added more commentary on the subject in my blog-post here :)

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Again, just the opposite. Every religion that is 'just be yourself' or 'look into yourself to see God' is understandable, and even what God appeals to in the OT BUT, the unfolding of that whole story is that man, though originally made in God's image, is broken and importantly, unable. If Ephesians 2:10 is not true, then none of us has hope. We'd be stuck here forever, despite the power of positive thinking. It is like a world trying to jump a 9 foot high-bar in the Olympics....forever :(

Lon, you never cease to amaze me.

Lon

It was "good news" to people when the Son of God told them the ennobling truth that all men and women of earth are the Sons and Daughters of the Living God. One need not apply for adoption with endless sacrifices of birds and bunnies. The heavy yoke of Judaism was a sham designed to enrich the temple managers.
This is merely commentary from some layman in the 1950's through however else long. It is blatantly obvious it is not God's commentary. Temple-trading, and not the sacrifices, were the sham. This UB layman amateur and you are making rookie mistakes and holding them up like golden plates :plain:

Jesus had faith in man
:nono: you, Mormons, and the UB simply never understood a biblical passage a day in your lives and worse: Flunked Sunday School! NOBODY flunks Sunday School! (well, cults, but it goes with the poor education etc.)
he was a revelation to the Father of what man can be.
:nono: A revelation to man. Again, you and the UB have it exactly backwards. Again.

Christianity seems to see man as a piece of garbage based on the erroneous theory that we were supposed to have been created in perfection from the start were it not for the blunders of the first women.

Some. There are a lot of loaded terms there starting with 'garbage' that will set off disagreements *(not from me, though, see below). I do believe 'must be born again' is an imperative. "No man comes to the Father BUT by Me," which means 'new creations.' 2 Corinthians 5:17 For, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. Isaiah 64:6 and Romans 3:23; 6:23 I don't care who you blame it on. Romans 5:12
Again, just the opposite. Every religion that is 'just be yourself' or 'look into yourself to see God' is understandable, and even what God appeals to in the OT BUT, the unfolding of that whole story is that man, though originally made in God's image, is broken and importantly, unable. If Ephesians 2:10 is not true, then none of us has hope. We'd be stuck here forever, despite the power of positive thinking. It is like a world trying to jump a 9 foot high-bar in the Olympics....forever :(
Lon, you never cease to amaze me.
Every man-made, man-effort religion is exactly this: Men trying to jump 9 foot at the Olympics, forever, and never ever making it. Christ didn't do it to prod you on, He did it because He is the only one who can, as God in the flesh. Only Christ in you, in me, by divine encounter, renewal, enablement can allow any of us to reach God's high-bar which is nothing less than Holiness. Only those who Christ carries can or ever will make that high bar and it is wholly through the efforts of Christ. You call this lack 'garbage.' "I" actually agree with Isaiah: "filthy rags."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
This is merely commentary from some layman in the 1950's through however else long. It is blatantly obvious it is not God's commentary. Temple-trading, and not the sacrifices, were the sham. This UB layman amateur and you are making rookie mistakes and holding them up like golden plates :plain:

:nono: you, Mormons, and the UB simply never understood a biblical passage a day in your lives and worse: Flunked Sunday School! NOBODY flunks Sunday School! (well, cults, but it goes with the poor education etc.)
:nono: A revelation to man. Again, you and the UB have it exactly backwards. Again.

Some. There are a lot of loaded terms there starting with 'garbage' that will set off disagreements *(not from me, though, see below). I do believe 'must be born again' is an imperative. "No man comes to the Father BUT by Me," which means 'new creations.' 2 Corinthians 5:17 For, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. Isaiah 64:6 and Romans 3:23; 6:23 I don't care who you blame it on. Romans 5:12Every man-made, man-effort religion is exactly this: Men trying to jump 9 foot at the Olympics, forever, and never ever making it. Christ didn't do it to prod you on, He did it because He is the only one who can, as God in the flesh. Only Christ in you, in me, by divine encounter, renewal, enablement can allow any of us to reach God's high-bar which is nothing less than Holiness. Only those who Christ carries can or ever will make that high bar and it is wholly through the efforts of Christ. You call this lack 'garbage.' "I" actually agree with Isaiah: "filthy rags."

There are some truths in your pompous lectures but Jesus also said not everyone was in need of a physician. Later commentaries of Biblical characters muddied up the issue. Jesus is our creator, we will pass through him by way of his spiritual guidance and jurisdiction as we make our way to the paradise Father. You cherry pick biblical passages to create a your particular theological patchwork of a doctrine.

The Son of God became a man and as a man he revealed what we could do when we dedicate ourselves to doing the will of God. In that respect he embodied the righteousness of God (not the so called filthy righteousness of man). When man dedicates himself to doing the will of God we become more like God, it's a self forgetful sort of righteousness.

The Way, the Truth, and the Life

…11"Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves. 12"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.…

Having said that you do seem to have a low opinion of yourself and others, hence the hatful heart. When people have low self respect they are more likely to buy into any of the competing Christian sects which guilt trip people into Pagan myths and inconsistent teachings because they indoctrinate people with "God wrote the book as we see it and you're to stupid to think for yourself."

The truths of the UB get under your skin, that's why you are so defensive.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Bible doesn't even come close to saying that

Patrick, do you actually read your Bible or are you just here for the coffee and doughnuts?

Eves sinned, then Adam deliberately did the same. The rest of the Bible is a lament about how man went downhill from there.

Lon

There are some truths in your pompous lectures but Jesus also said not everyone was in need of a physician.
:doh: To "Pharisees." He was saying they too needed one, but weren't going to get Him. It all points back to His work on the Cross. You miss a LOT of biblical points. Again, I realize Mormons, and JW's and others do too. All of your religions amount to trying to defy gravity by pulling on bootstraps. It just can't be done. Remember, again: Jesus told Nicodemus he 'must' be born again. It wasn't a command, just like the sick needing a Physician can command healing. It is impossible. The central theme of the entire Bible is that God must heal us and such is provided in Jesus Christ.
We can ask Him for healing, but were are completely unable to heal ourselves. That I where the UB goes South in a hurry. It is not within us. Worse, the UB denies Jesus' words that you even need a Physician :noway: Of course I hate that!

Spoiler
Later commentaries of Biblical characters muddied up the issue. Jesus is our creator, we will pass through him by way of his spiritual guidance and jurisdiction as we make our way to the paradise Father. You cherry pick biblical passages to create a your particular theological patchwork of a doctrine.

The Son of God became a man and as a man he revealed what we could do when we dedicate ourselves to doing the will of God. In that respect he embodied the righteousness of God (not the so called filthy righteousness of man). When man dedicates himself to doing the will of God we become more like God, it's a self forgetful sort of righteousness.

The Way, the Truth, and the Life

…11"Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves. 12"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.…

Having said that you do seem to have a low opinion of yourself and others, hence the hatful heart. When people have low self respect they are more likely to buy into any of the competing Christian sects which guilt trip people into Pagan myths and inconsistent teachings because they indoctrinate people with "God wrote the book as we see it and you're to stupid to think for yourself."

The truths of the UB get under your skin, that's why you are so defensive.
Look, I realize you and F-L get excited about what you imagine, but the truth is you are on Christian turf and I came back for Easter to deliver an Easter message. Now listen: 1) God is effectual. I pray, in love, that God will call and you will hear. 2) I believe other than occasionally giving you two something to think about my participation in thread isn't going to do it (plant water, God gives increase). God does say His Words do not and cannot return void, that they accomplish His purpose. I realize you and Free reject that, but it doesn't matter, because God IS sovereign and effectual. Whatever He desires, will, in fact, be accomplished and I pray it is an embrace of Christ and the clear message and teaching of scriptures. I realize you don't accept it as true and find a lot too incredible at the time being. The message, despite that, is clear, and you two have not understood it. Praying for you, I haven't guilt-tripped, though certainly others have. I don't think you stupid, but I do think you fall for what is childish and inane. It is an observation, I think all cults simply NEVER take time to truly understand the center of scripture. There is no guilt-trip. I don't think "turn-or-burn" is the message. Rather, I think Jesus said it: "You must be born-again."
Paul says "this is not of yourselves, no man can boast." It goes right back to the Physician message and you missed it: we all need a physician. I suppose 'cancer' or 'sin' is bad news, but Jesus is the ONLY place where healing and cancerous sin removal can be found, as far as the East from the West. A diagnosis? No fun. A cure? Hallelujah and Amen. We must be born again. If you perceive me as hateful, it is against anything opposed to scripture. It necessarily is false, and so yes, I hate it. Hate you? :nono: Please never mistake that, but I do hate lies that harm. I hate the UB for what it has done to you and Free and what you've allowed it to do to you. I hate Mormonism and Joseph Smith's lies for exactly the same reason.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:doh: To "Pharisees." He was saying they too needed one, but weren't going to get Him. It all points back to His work on the Cross. You miss a LOT of biblical points. Again, I realize Mormons, and JW's and others do too. All of your religions amount to trying to defy gravity by pulling on bootstraps. It just can't be done. Remember, again: Jesus told Nicodemus he 'must' be born again. It wasn't a command, just like the sick needing a Physician can command healing. It is impossible. The central theme of the entire Bible is that God must heal us and such is provided in Jesus Christ.
We can ask Him for healing, but were are completely unable to heal ourselves. That I where the UB goes South in a hurry. It is not within us. Worse, the UB denies Jesus' words that you even need a Physician :noway: Of course I hate that!

Look, I realize you and F-L get excited about what you imagine, but the truth is you are on Christian turf and I came back for Easter to deliver an Easter message. Now listen: 1) God is effectual. I pray, in love, that God will call and you will hear. 2) I believe other than occasionally giving you two something to think about my participation in thread isn't going to do it (plant water, God gives increase). God does say His Words do not and cannot return void, that they accomplish His purpose. I realize you and Free reject that, but it doesn't matter, because God IS sovereign and effectual. Whatever He desires, will, in fact, be accomplished and I pray it is an embrace of Christ and the clear message and teaching of scriptures. I realize you don't accept it as true and find a lot too incredible at the time being. The message, despite that, is clear, and you two have not understood it. Praying for you, I haven't guilt-tripped, though certainly others have. I don't think you stupid, but I do think you fall for what is childish and inane. It is an observation, I think all cults simply NEVER take time to truly understand the center of scripture. There is no guilt-trip. I don't think "turn-or-burn" is the message. Rather, I think Jesus said it: "You must be born-again."
Paul says "this is not of yourselves, no man can boast." It goes right back to the Physician message and you missed it: we all need a physician. I suppose 'cancer' or 'sin' is bad news, but Jesus is the ONLY place where healing and cancerous sin removal can be found, as far as the East from the West. A diagnosis? No fun. A cure? Hallelujah and Amen. We must be born again. If you perceive me as hateful, it is against anything opposed to scripture. It necessarily is false, and so yes, I hate it. Hate you? :nono: Please never mistake that, but I do hate lies that harm. I hate the UB for what it has done to you and Free and what you've allowed it to do to you. I hate Mormonism and Joseph Smith's lies for exactly the same reason.

Pharisees, yes, your share a kinship with them. The Jews understand the center of their scripture and use that to reject Jesus. We understand scripture, I understood my well intentioned Sunday school teachers, it's just that they had some stuff wrong.

Working backwards from a misinterpretation of the cross is indeed a common practice, it's a way to put the new gospel over top of the original gospel. It's the Ishtar bunny with a basket full of human speculation.

No bootstraps in the UB, that's just Lon telling lies based on preconceived notions and refusing to listen.

Jesus didn't leave Israel and go to the Gentiles to teach the truth, he went right into the heart of Judaism's Temple in hopes of reaching them with the original gospel. We are here right in the heart of Christian theology in hopes that someone here may have an open mind and discover more truth.

We are NOT your enemy Lon, you just make us your enemy because you have the stubborn pride of religion. You have faith and are already saved, the UB would just enrich your understanding.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
THE GREAT COMMANDMENT

174:4.1 "Another group of Sadducees had been instructed to ask Jesus entangling questions about angels, but when they beheld the fate of their comrades who had sought to entrap him with questions concerning the resurrection, they very wisely decided to hold their peace; they retired without asking a question. It was the prearranged plan of the confederated Pharisees, scribes, Sadducees, and Herodians to fill up the entire day with these entangling questions, hoping thereby to discredit Jesus before the people and at the same time effectively to prevent his having any time for the proclamation of his disturbing teachings.

174:4.2 Then came forward one of the groups of the Pharisees to ask harassing questions, and the spokesman, signaling to Jesus, said: “Master, I am a lawyer, and I would like to ask you which, in your opinion, is the greatest commandment?” Jesus answered: “There is but one commandment, and that one is the greatest of all, and that commandment is: `Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second commandment is like this first; indeed, it springs directly therefrom, and it is: `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these; on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”

174:4.3 When the lawyer perceived that Jesus had answered not only in accordance with the highest concept of Jewish religion, but that he had also answered wisely in the sight of the assembled multitude, he thought it the better part of valor openly to commend the Master's reply. Accordingly, he said: “Of a truth, Master, you have well said that God is one and there is none beside him; and that to love him with all the heart, understanding, and strength, and also to love one's neighbor as one's self, is the first and great commandment; and we are agreed that this great commandment is much more to be regarded than all the burnt offerings and sacrifices.” When the lawyer answered thus discreetly, Jesus looked down upon him and said, “My friend, I perceive that you are not far from the kingdom of God.”

174:4.4 Jesus spoke the truth when he referred to this lawyer as being “not far from the kingdom,” for that very night he went out to the Master's camp near Gethsemane, professed faith in the gospel of the kingdom, and was baptized by Josiah, one of the disciples of Abner.

174:4.5 Two or three other groups of the scribes and Pharisees were present and had intended to ask questions, but they were either disarmed by Jesus' answer to the lawyer, or they were deterred by the discomfiture of all who had undertaken to ensnare him. After this no man dared to ask him another question in public.

174:4.6 When no more questions were forthcoming, and as the noon hour was near, Jesus did not resume his teaching but was content merely to ask the Pharisees and their associates a question. Said Jesus: “Since you ask no more questions, I would like to ask you one. What do you think of the Deliverer? That is, whose son is he?” After a brief pause one of the scribes answered, “The Messiah is the son of David.” And since Jesus knew that there had been much debate, even among his own disciples, as to whether or not he was the son of David, he asked this further question: “If the Deliverer is indeed the son of David, how is it that, in the Psalm which you accredit to David, he himself, speaking in the spirit, says, `The Lord said to my lord, sit on my right hand until I make your enemies the footstool of your feet.' If David calls him Lord, how then can he be his son?” Although the rulers, the scribes, and the chief priests made no reply to this question, they likewise refrained from asking him any more questions in an effort to entangle him. They never answered this question which Jesus put to them, but after the Master's death they attempted to escape the difficulty by changing the interpretation of this Psalm so as to make it refer to Abraham instead of the Messiah. Others sought to escape the dilemma by disallowing that David was the author of this so-called Messianic Psalm.

174:4.7 A short time back the Pharisees had enjoyed the manner in which the Sadducees had been silenced by the Master; now the Sadducees were delighted by the failure of the Pharisees; but such rivalry was only momentary; they speedily forgot their time-honored differences in the united effort to stop Jesus' teachings and doings. But throughout all of these experiences the common people heard him gladly." UB 1955

Last edited:

Lon

No bootstraps in the UB, that's just Lon telling lies based on preconceived notions and refusing to listen.
Lies? :nono: Refusing to listen? Of course. I'd bet there are less than a hundred of you UB weirdos on the planet. If there are a thousand, which would be said, you've about reached capacity. I will not tell you what I think of your brain-cell capacity here but do the math. The UB is not tenable. Never will be. Back to me: I shared an Easter message from the Bible. You scorned and rejected it. That's the end of discussion. My sandals are shaken.

Lon

If you read all of Part 4
Btw, I'm sure you know that this book does not and cannot jive with the Bible. I've already shown you what terrible scholars these apartment people are. Be assured there is no messenger that gave them inept information, and this poorly written false information. If so, as I said, they are eternally cursed because of it. I know you desperately want me to rip apart part 4 for you. I can do that: First line of the book: The Father did not create, Jesus did :doh: Moving on..."Truth of God has begun to dawn upon man. " This isn't good Eastern Mysticism, let alone good Christian doctrine. "The man without the Spirit 'cannot' understand the things of the Spirit." It does not 'dawn upon man." :dizzy: Next "by the sons of God, the universes were made" :dizzy: Who wrote that? Lorenzo Snow? It is an inept book F-L. You are foolish to believe it, let alone proffer it. :doh: Did you want me to rip the whole thing apart for you? It is a childish inane and inept book, cover to cover. Are you satisfied? What will be your next 'challenge?' Part 195 (the part you are still writing)? It is brainless and not worth my OR YOUR time. Sorry you love it so much. It isn't anything special and desperately worse than that.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Btw, I'm sure you know that this book does not and cannot jive with the Bible. I've already shown you what terrible scholars these apartment people are. Be assured there is no messenger that gave them inept information, and this poorly written false information. If so, as I said, they are eternally cursed because of it. I know you desperately want me to rip apart part 4 for you. I can do that: First line of the book: The Father did not create, Jesus did :doh: Moving on..."Truth of God has begun to dawn upon man. " This isn't good Eastern Mysticism, let alone good Christian doctrine. "The man without the Spirit 'cannot' understand the things of the Spirit." It does not 'dawn upon man." :dizzy: Next "by the sons of God, the universes were made" :dizzy: Who wrote that? Lorenzo Snow? It is an inept book F-L. You are foolish to believe it, let alone proffer it. :doh: Did you want me to rip the whole thing apart for you? It is a childish inane and inept book, cover to cover. Are you satisfied? What will be your next 'challenge?' Part 195 (the part you are still writing)? It is brainless and not worth my OR YOUR time. Sorry you love it so much. It isn't anything special and desperately worse than that.

Lon, the Donald Trump of theology! :chuckle: Hasn't debunked one thing, just huffs and puffs and bluffs! All EGO and no substance. Take your immaturity and run back to the Sanhedrin.

THE PARADISE CREATOR SONS

21:0.1 THE CREATOR SONS are the makers and rulers of the local universes of time and space. These universe creators and sovereigns are of dual origin, embodying the characteristics of God the Father and God the Son. But each Creator Son is different from every other; each is unique in nature as well as in personality; each is the “only-begotten Son” of the perfect deity ideal of his origin.

21:0.2 In the vast work of organizing, evolving, and perfecting a local universe, these high Sons always enjoy the sustaining approval of the Universal Father. The relationship of the Creator Sons with their Paradise Father is touching and superlative. No doubt the profound affection of the Deity parents for their divine progeny is the wellspring of that beautiful and well-nigh divine love which even mortal parents bear their children.

21:0.3 These primary Paradise Sons are personalized as Michaels. As they go forth from Paradise to found their universes, they are known as Creator Michaels. When settled in supreme authority, they are called Master Michaels. Sometimes we refer to the sovereign of your universe of Nebadon as Christ Michael. Always and forever do they reign after the “order of Michael,” that being the designation of the first Son of their order and nature.

21:0.4 The original or first-born Michael has never experienced incarnation as a material being, but seven times he passed through the experience of spiritual creature ascent on the seven circuits of Havona, advancing from the outer spheres to the innermost circuit of the central creation. The order of Michael knows the grand universe from one end to the other; there is no essential experience of any of the children of time and space in which the Michaels have not personally participated; they are in fact partakers not only of the divine nature but also of your nature, meaning all natures, from the highest to the lowest.

21:0.5 The original Michael is the presiding head of the primary Paradise Sons when they assemble for conference at the center of all things. Not long since on Uversa we recorded a universal broadcast of a conclave extraordinary on the eternal Isle of one hundred fifty thousand Creator Sons assembled in the parental presence and engaged in deliberations having to do with the progress of the unification and stabilization of the universe of universes. This was a selected group of Sovereign Michaels, sevenfold bestowal Sons."
UB 1955

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

All you have are misconceptions, preconceived assumptions and a mass of various absurd correlations that don't prove anything, except you polishing your own 'golden calf', a preferred version of pop-Christianity, taken dogmatically. Its just one 'golden calf' among a host of others out there in theology-land.

Correlating the UB with Mormonism is also ridiculous, since the UB does NOT teach any of the unique or peculiar doctrines within Mormonism at all, - we've also already covered how comparing the UB with the BoM is also absurd.

You haven't a good understanding of the basic theology of the UB so far, which would be established and laid out in the Forward and first 12 papers....as these cover God and his relationship with individuals and the universe, also covering the Paradise Trinity and the Isle of Paradise. - this foundation is germane to all else revealed. If you want to educate yourself with the fundamentals of the theology of the UB, you'd have to do that much at least, if you would have anything of worth or value to contribute to the discussion.

See - The Foreword (This will open a reader up to the grand, intricate and complex nature of Deity and cosmic levels of associated reality. While an advanced reader will be more familiar with the concepts presented, it lays out a concise and descriptive overlay for beginners which are further explained and elaborated in the following papers. )

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Consider the true principles, concepts and values presented......

Consider the true principles, concepts and values presented......

Freelight, this cuts to the chase on the issue:

IN RELATION TO RIGHTEOUSNESS

170:3.1 Jesus was always trying to impress upon his apostles and disciples that they must acquire, by faith, a righteousness which would exceed the righteousness of slavish works which some of the scribes and Pharisees paraded so vaingloriously before the world.

170:3.2 Though Jesus taught that faith, simple childlike belief, is the key to the door of the kingdom, he also taught that, having entered the door, there are the progressive steps of righteousness which every believing child must ascend in order to grow up to the full stature of the robust sons of God.

170:3.3 It is in the consideration of the technique of receiving God's forgiveness that the attainment of the righteousness of the kingdom is revealed. Faith is the price you pay for entrance into the family of God; but forgiveness is the act of God which accepts your faith as the price of admission. And the reception of the forgiveness of God by a kingdom believer involves a definite and actual experience and consists in the following four steps, the kingdom steps of inner righteousness:

1. God's forgiveness is made actually available and is personally experienced by man just in so far as he forgives his fellows.
2. Man will not truly forgive his fellows unless he loves them as himself.
3. To thus love your neighbor as yourself is the highest ethics.
4. Moral conduct, true righteousness, becomes, then, the natural result of such love.

In the Hospital by Vasily Vereschagin 170:3.8 It therefore is evident that the true and inner religion of the kingdom unfailingly and increasingly tends to manifest itself in practical avenues of social service. Jesus taught a living religion that impelled its believers to engage in the doing of loving service. But Jesus did not put ethics in the place of religion. He taught religion as a cause and ethics as a result.

170:3.9 The righteousness of any act must be measured by the motive; the highest forms of good are therefore unconscious. Jesus was never concerned with morals or ethics as such. He was wholly concerned with that inward and spiritual fellowship with God the Father which so certainly and directly manifests itself as outward and loving service for man. He taught that the religion of the kingdom is a genuine personal experience which no man can contain within himself; that the consciousness of being a member of the family of believers leads inevitably to the practice of the precepts of the family conduct, the service of one's brothers and sisters in the effort to enhance and enlarge the brotherhood.

The Wanderer by Vasily Perov 170:3.10 The religion of the kingdom is personal, individual; the fruits, the results, are familial, social. Jesus never failed to exalt the sacredness of the individual as contrasted with the community. But he also recognized that man develops his character by unselfish service; that he unfolds his moral nature in loving relations with his fellows.

170:3.11 By teaching that the kingdom is within, by exalting the individual, Jesus struck the deathblow of the old society in that he ushered in the new dispensation of true social righteousness. This new order of society the world has little known because it has refused to practice the principles of the gospel of the kingdom of heaven. And when this kingdom of spiritual pre-eminence does come upon the earth, it will not be manifested in mere improved social and material conditions, but rather in the glories of those enhanced and enriched spiritual values which are characteristic of the approaching age of improved human relations and advancing spiritual attainments." UB 1955

The text itself is clear, and any are free to honestly evaluate its content and freely discuss it. Instead of seeing the true principles, meanings, values and concepts in the papers, religious bigots here bypass or completely ignore such, but busy themselves on an apologetic compaign to demean and discredit anything outside their own narrow theological-construct, since they must in order to maintain their truth-claims.

As Jesus taught, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking after a pearl of great price, for when he found it he went and sold all he had, and obtained it. Don't forget, no one book or religion has all the pearls of truth or wisdom, but a diligent seeker of truth will find such pearls. It is good to know that truth is truth wherever it is found. Dogmatists however are closed off to progressive revelation or knowledge, since they are convinced they already have all there is to know, and must by this gesture have their own system of apologetics to defend it. What is real, true or of eternal value, needs no defense...it is something that is recognized.

Lon

All you have are misconceptions, preconceived assumptions and a mass of various absurd correlations that don't prove anything, except you polishing your own 'golden calf', a preferred version of pop-Christianity, taken dogmatically. Its just one 'golden calf' among a host of others out there in theology-land.

Correlating the UB with Mormonism is also ridiculous, since the UB does NOT teach any of the unique or peculiar doctrines within Mormonism at all, - we've also already covered how comparing the UB with the BoM is also absurd.

You haven't a good understanding of the basic theology of the UB so far, which would be established and laid out in the Forward and first 12 papers....as these cover God and his relationship with individuals and the universe, also covering the Paradise Trinity and the Isle of Paradise. - this foundation is germane to all else revealed. If you want to educate yourself with the fundamentals of the theology of the UB, you'd have to do that much at least, if you would have anything of worth or value to contribute to the discussion.

See - The Foreword (This will open a reader up to the grand, intricate and complex nature of Deity and cosmic levels of associated reality. While an advanced reader will be more familiar with the concepts presented, it lays out a concise and descriptive overlay for beginners which are further explained and elaborated in the following papers. )
No desire. I'm a reasonably intelligent man so find all your pseudo corrections simply cult mentality. You will of course think as you like, but you don't think like the rest of us. You and Caino are weirdos. Never mistake that. You can be comfortable in a weirdo pow-wow together, but this kind of thing simply does not pass among the rest of the population. The rest of us live like reason and intelligence matters.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
After Eve and then Adam sined they lost the use of "the tree of life", they lost their immortality status. Death has always been on the earth.

The Tree of Life was brought to our world roughly 500,000 years ago when the Prince and his staff of super mortals "sons of God" who, after the rebellion tried to reproduce "with the daughters of men" arrived as the worlds spiritual rulers. After about 300,000 years the Lucifer rebellion broke out in heaven and our prince and about half of his staff went over to Lucifer's side. Satan, Lucifer's assistant, was the liaison between our world and Lucifer. In all Lucifer lead 38 inhabited worlds into rebellion.

THE TREE OF LIFE

73:6.1 In the center of the Garden temple Van planted the long-guarded tree of life, whose leaves were for the "healing of the nations," and whose fruit had so long sustained him on earth. Van well knew that Adam and Eve would also be dependent on this gift of Edentia for their life maintenance after they once appeared on Urantia in material form.

73:6.2 The Material Sons on the system capitals do not require the tree of life for sustenance. Only in the planetary repersonalization are they dependent on this adjunct to physical immortality.

73:6.3 The "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" may be a figure of speech, a symbolic designation covering a multitude of human experiences, but the "tree of life" was not a myth; it was real and for a long time was present on Urantia. When the Most Highs of Edentia approved the commission of Caligastia as Planetary Prince of Urantia and those of the one hundred Jerusem citizens as his administrative staff, they sent to the planet, by the Melchizedek, a shrub of Edentia, and this plant grew to be the tree of life on Urantia. This form of nonintelligent life is native to the constellation headquarters spheres, being also found on the headquarters worlds of the local and superuniverses as well as on the Havona spheres, but not on the system capitals.

73:6.4 This superplant stored up certain space-energies which were antidotal to the age-producing elements of animal existence. The fruit of the tree of life was like a superchemical storage battery, mysteriously releasing the life-extension force of the universe when eaten. This form of sustenance was wholly useless to the ordinary evolutionary beings on Urantia, but specifically it was serviceable to the one hundred materialized members of Caligastia's staff and to the one hundred modified Andonites who had contributed of their life plasm to the Prince's staff, and who, in return, were made possessors of that complement of life which made it possible for them to utilize the fruit of the tree of life for an indefinite extension of their otherwise mortal existence.

73:6.5 During the days of the Prince's rule the tree was growing from the earth in the central and circular courtyard of the Father's temple. Upon the outbreak of the rebellion it was regrown from the central core by Van and his associates in their temporary camp. This Edentia shrub was subsequently taken to their highland retreat, where it served both Van and Amadon for more than one hundred and fifty thousand years.

73:6.6 When Van and his associates made ready the Garden for Adam and Eve, they transplanted the Edentia tree to the Garden of Eden, where, once again, it grew in a central, circular courtyard of another temple to the Father. And Adam and Eve periodically partook of its fruit for the maintenance of their dual form of physical life.

73:6.7 When the plans of the Material Son went astray, Adam and his family were not permitted to carry the core of the tree away from the Garden. When the Nodites invaded Eden, they were told that they would become as "gods if they partook of the fruit of the tree." Much to their surprise they found it unguarded. They ate freely of the fruit for years, but it did nothing for them; they were all material mortals of the realm; they lacked that endowment which acted as a complement to the fruit of the tree. They became enraged at their inability to benefit from the tree of life, and in connection with one of their internal wars, the temple and the tree were both destroyed by fire; only the stone wall stood until the Garden was subsequently submerged. This was the second temple of the Father to perish.

73:6.8 And now must all flesh on Urantia take the natural course of life and death. Adam, Eve, their children, and their children's children, together with their associates, all perished in the course of time, thus becoming subject to the ascension scheme of the local universe wherein mansion world resurrection follows material death." UB 1955

Status
Not open for further replies.