The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

You error in your understanding of the papers which would be resolved by reading them. Man has immortality-potential.....therefore the papers present something more along the lines of 'conditional immortality'....where those who choose eternal life fuse with their thought-adjuster and become one with that indwelling God-fragment....then the soul(personality) becomes immortal by that union.

Furthermore the NT fully teaches we becoming "partakers of the divine nature" and "putting on immortality", so we truly share in the life of God, his very nature, being divinitized thereby. 'Putting on immortality' is sharing and having the nature of God.
1Co 15:1 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand,
1Co 15:2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
1Co 15:4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

1Co 15:50
I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
And THEN your given verse:
1Co 15:53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."
1Co 15:55 "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?"
1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Which is Christ, NOT your 'inner man' :rolleyes: The Scriptures say that natural fallen man is NOT spiritual, but carnal, so you believe the lie and carry on your merry way calling God, His Son, and the Word anything but absolute truth.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You claimed you don't believe in the NT

I don't recall where I said that, or what this has to do with the observations shared in my last post. Are you here to have an honest intelligent discussion or just here to stir the pot? One can use the commentary and resource of the thread for their own research if interested, or move onto something else.

Lon

They know not what they do. These are the same haters that Jesus had to deal with Freelight.
:nono: It is childish ranting rubbish and unfit for the thinking, spiritual, and even quasi-discerning.

"What they said to Jesus?" Yes. You are NOT Him, and this book is fiction. All the 'whoevers' who wrote aren't Him either, not even close.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I don't recall where I said that, or what this has to do with the observations shared in my last post. Are you here to have an honest intelligent discussion or just here to stir the pot? One can use the commentary and resource of the thread for their own research if interested, or move onto something else.
Denial is the same as full of errors

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:nono: It is childish ranting rubbish and unfit for the thinking, spiritual, and even quasi-discerning.

"What they said to Jesus?" Yes. You are NOT Him, and this book is fiction. All the 'whoevers' who wrote aren't Him either, not even close.

"They" would be the people who hid behind the scripture to keep the Love presented by Christ out of their hearts. Jesus said their father was the devil frankly. They more or less knew the truth about the exaggerated history of the Jews. But today the Jews still have legitimate, scripture based reasons as to why Jesus wasn't their Messiah.

You seem so rigid Lon that it doesn't appear that you would have been any different.

Aimiel

You error in your understanding of the papers which would be resolved by reading them. Man has immortality-potential.....therefore the papers present something more along the lines of 'conditional immortality'....where those who choose eternal life fuse with their thought-adjuster and become one with that indwelling God-fragment....then the soul(personality) becomes immortal by that union.

Furthermore the NT fully teaches we becoming "partakers of the divine nature" and "putting on immortality", so we truly share in the life of God, his very nature, being divinitized thereby. 'Putting on immortality' is sharing and having the nature of God.

WRONG. We gain eternal life through faith in Christ. His Blood is Life. You don't have any in you. You have NO part in Him.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Go ahead, deny yourself a sinner. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. On your last day, you'll think of me. Bye bye

You guys are prone to hear things that people don't say. I've never said that I didn't sin. I have repented on my sin and continue to face my imperfection when I fall short.

On my last day I will be thinking of the resurrection on the mansion worlds.

Aimiel

"They" would be the people who hid behind the scripture to keep the Love presented by Christ out of their hearts. Jesus said their father was the devil frankly. They more or less knew the truth about the exaggerated history of the Jews. But today the Jews still have legitimate, scripture based reasons as to why Jesus wasn't their Messiah.
The twelve Apostles were Jews, as was Paul, and they ALL testified He was Messiah. You're simply clueless.

Lon

Yep, definitely a reading comprehension issue. The Life Carriers do normally carry the life they implant to the evolutionary worlds. The paragraph clearly says that they created life right here on our world.

Lets read together Lon "all life appearing hereon was formulated by us right here on the planet"

And If you Believe the Hebrews Old Testament writing then you are in no position to call anyone gullible....ever!!
You say 'gullible.' Er, I have to 'gullibly' believe we exist and didn't get here ourselves. Man is either dependent completely on himself for learning how (science, with its limitations) and/or God, a separate personal being from you and I, and apart from His creation talks to us or has done so in the past. Such is 'logical' to assume. What you have, rather is a book by 'spiritualists' who are giving the 'guessing game' their 'best shot' hence the thoughts of men in women sitting in a circle with 'inner-light' making it up as they went. And you bought it hook, line, sinker.

You mentioned a donkey. The donkey talks. I've no idea if that is an anthropomorph or if we are to assume it talked like my dog talks to me (and yes she does, I know when she is hungry, when she needs to go out). Does she use words? Why does that matter? She communicates, effectively. Even brilliantly for a dog. I've no idea what happened with Balaam's donkey. I do know that it conveys rightly that Balaam was about to curse God's people and God wasn't going to allow that to happen. Your god is you, so you have little understanding of a God who isn't you. I'll listen to Him when it comes to donkeys. A group of apartment-dwellers writing pages or translating Egyptian burial instructions into the Doctrine of Covenants? :nono: It has to be verifiable. I think Balaam's donkey a plausible story, whether the donkey talked or not in 'English' (Hebrew or Aramaic).
Normally life is transplanted to the planets, but on Urantia the life carriers made it right here.
#1, you have no idea how life is 'normally' done. Genesis 1:1 says God spoke, end of story. #2, the quotes you gave said "We didn't bring life" and in the next verse "We brought life." :doh: Do you understand that both can't be right?

Thanks Lon. Revealed truth is always a misunderstood threat to adherents of evolved religion, but it doesn't need to be.

Reality is not confined to the worldview or science of 2000 BC. But when the men of religion petrified their writings into The Word of God in order to control the common people, they effectively stunt peoples growth. In your frame of mind it's not possible for you to learn anything new. Being that limited it's best for you to stay in the distant past.
I apologize that I am having to be brutally honest, that it 'looks' mean. It is not. I believe I and every sane person must tell you in no uncertain terms, nothing held back how terrible this stuff is. Mormonism as well.

You can't childishly make stuff up and then call it good. It is 'obvious' that the Urantia book was piled together by adults with the mental capacity of middle schoolers. If you had ever shown it to me, out of the context of this thread, I honestly would have thought it was a middle-school fiction project. It reads horribly with terribly stupid mistakes all throughout everything you guys have ever presented or I have read on my own. It is exactly that inane, stupid, childish.

Lon

Not entirely wrong, just human. The Bible books were written, then rewritten, and edited again by preacher types with an agenda, over different ages. The Urantia book explains that the Hebrews rewrote all their history in Babylon.

Said Jesus privately to Nathaniel:

Spoiler
“Many of these books were not written by the persons whose names they bear, but that in no way detracts from the value of the truths which they contain. If the story of Jonah should not be a fact, even if Jonah had never lived, still would the profound truth of this narrative, the love of God for Nineveh and the so-called heathen, be none the less precious in the eyes of all those who love their fellow men. The Scriptures are sacred because they present the thoughts and acts of men who were searching for God, and who in these writings left on record their highest concepts of righteousness, truth, and holiness. The Scriptures contain much that is true, very much, but in the light of your present teaching, you know that these writings also contain much that is misrepresentative of the Father in heaven, the loving God I have come to reveal to all the worlds.

159:4.5 "Nathaniel, never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies—men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God. The Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. Have you not noted that the concepts of Yahweh grow in beauty and glory as the prophets make their records from Samuel to Isaiah? And you should remember that the Scriptures are intended for religious instruction and spiritual guidance. They are not the works of either historians or philosophers.

159:4.6 “The thing most deplorable is not merely this erroneous idea of the absolute perfection of the Scripture record and the infallibility of its teachings, but rather the confusing misinterpretation of these sacred writings by the tradition-enslaved scribes and Pharisees at Jerusalem. And now will they employ both the doctrine of the inspiration of the Scriptures and their misinterpretations thereof in their determined effort to withstand these newer teachings of the gospel of the kingdom. Nathaniel, never forget, the Father does not limit the revelation of truth to any one generation or to any one people. Many earnest seekers after the truth have been, and will continue to be, confused and disheartened by these doctrines of the perfection of the Scriptures."

“But the greatest error of the teaching about the Scripture is the doctrine of their being sealed books of mystery and wisdom which only the wise minds of the nation dare to interpret. The revelations of divine truth are not sealed except by human ignorance, bigotry, and narrow-minded intolerance. The light of the Scriptures is only dimmed by prejudice and darkened by superstition. A false fear of sacredness has prevented religion from being safeguarded by common sense. The fear of the authority of the sacred writings of the past effectively prevents the honest souls of today from accepting the new light of the gospel, the light which these very God-knowing men of another generation so intensely longed to see.

159:4.10 “But the saddest feature of all is the fact that some of the teachers of the sanctity of this traditionalism know this very truth. They more or less fully understand these limitations of Scripture, but they are moral cowards, intellectually dishonest. They know the truth regarding the sacred writings, but they prefer to withhold such disturbing facts from the people. And thus do they pervert and distort the Scriptures, making them the guide to slavish details of the daily life and an authority in things nonspiritual instead of appealing to the sacred writings as the repository of the moral wisdom, religious inspiration, and the spiritual teaching of the God-knowing men of other generations.” UB 1955
You can't use a source that is being ridiculed, to try and prove it isn't stupid. It is circular reasoning. We are reading it as if a special ed class wrote it. You are reading it as if you 'actually believe' this junk. See the difference?

Your accusation against scripture is wrong. I 'can' read Greek. Finding earlier manuscripts proves there is no revision, no rewrites. The only thing you'd find is a couple of missing scriptures. No rewrites whatsoever. Every manuscript is a 'copy' not correction, of the other. Every single one. You spout a lot of incorrect things, often, Caino.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You say 'gullible.' Er, I have to 'gullibly' believe we exist and didn't get here ourselves. Man is either dependent completely on himself for learning how (science, with its limitations) and/or God, a separate personal being from you and I, and apart from His creation talks to us or has done so in the past. Such is 'logical' to assume. What you have, rather is a book by 'spiritualists' who are giving the 'guessing game' their 'best shot' hence the thoughts of men in women sitting in a circle with 'inner-light' making it up as they went. And you bought it hook, line, sinker.

You mentioned a donkey. The donkey talks. I've no idea if that is an anthropomorph or if we are to assume it talked like my dog talks to me (and yes she does, I know when she is hungry, when she needs to go out). Does she use words? Why does that matter? She communicates, effectively. Even brilliantly for a dog. I've no idea what happened with Balaam's donkey. I do know that it conveys rightly that Balaam was about to curse God's people and God wasn't going to allow that to happen. Your god is you, so you have little understanding of a God who isn't you. I'll listen to Him when it comes to donkeys. A group of apartment-dwellers writing pages or translating Egyptian burial instructions into the Doctrine of Covenants? :nono: It has to be verifiable. I think Balaam's donkey a plausible story, whether the donkey talked or not in 'English' (Hebrew or Aramaic).

#1, you have no idea how life is 'normally' done. Genesis 1:1 says God spoke, end of story. #2, the quotes you gave said "We didn't bring life" and in the next verse "We brought life." :doh: Do you understand that both can't be right?

I apologize that I am having to be brutally honest, that it 'looks' mean. It is not. I believe I and every sane person must tell you in no uncertain terms, nothing held back how terrible this stuff is. Mormonism as well.

You can't childishly make stuff up and then call it good. It is 'obvious' that the Urantia book was piled together by adults with the mental capacity of middle schoolers. If you had ever shown it to me, out of the context of this thread, I honestly would have thought it was a middle-school fiction project. It reads horribly with terribly stupid mistakes all throughout everything you guys have ever presented or I have read on my own. It is exactly that inane, stupid, childish.

You have a lot of stubborn pride Lon. Ask your dog what the paragraph means if you are too intellectually dishonest to admit when you are wrong.

"We can and do carry life to the planets, but we brought no life to Urantia. Urantia life is unique, original with the planet. This sphere is a life-modification world; all life appearing hereon was formulated by us right here on the planet

Your dog likely has less pride and is perhaps more reasonable.

Whatever your desperate problems are with the UB it makes far more sense than the Jews exaggerated history converted into Gods Word by the people who killed the Son of God.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You can't use a source that is being ridiculed, to try and prove it isn't stupid. It is circular reasoning. We are reading it as if a special ed class wrote it. You are reading it as if you 'actually believe' this junk. See the difference?

Your accusation against scripture is wrong. I 'can' read Greek. Finding earlier manuscripts proves there is no revision, no rewrites. The only thing you'd find is a couple of missing scriptures. No rewrites whatsoever. Every manuscript is a 'copy' not correction, of the other. Every single one. You spout a lot of incorrect things, often, Caino.

The OT scripture was all redone in Babylon but a proud church that is accustomed to confessing the faults of the rest of the world is too proud to confess it's own.

We have the truth of Hebrew history, it's not pretty. The deliberate attempt to convert ordinary secular history into a miraculous fiction left tele tale signs of what the other more or less accurate Hebrew history books said before they destroyed them all.

Childish? Even as a child I knew the flood story was not true. That's the one where God becomes frustrated at his own creation (an obvious human characterization) drowns the whole earth with the exception of the ancestors of the Hebrews who wrote the story, but keeps Satan alive ??????? to start the whole mess over again! And.....it didn't even work! Sorry Lon, the train left that station long ago.

Aimiel

You guys are prone to hear things that people don't say. I've never said that I didn't sin. I have repented on my sin and continue to face my imperfection when I fall short.

On my last day I will be thinking of the resurrection on the mansion worlds.

But your sin will still be paramount, since ONLY Jesus' Blood can erase it. You'll also have to give an account for every word you've ever spoken. You won't have a single syllable to speak in your own defense. You will be silent when The Judge of the Universe sentences you to eternal torment. Repent!!!

journey

You're right. What Caino and Freelight don't get is that we will never accept the urantia papers as anything but a comic book.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The revelatory commission chose the English language as the best hope for the spread of the 5th epochal revelation for the same reason that Melchizadek chose Abram based on the foreknowledge that his descendant would occupy the region of Palestine making it the idea for the spread of the original gospel to the 4 corners of the earth.

Lon

You have a lot of stubborn pride Lon. Ask your dog what the paragraph means if you are too intellectually dishonest to admit when you are wrong.
Keeping record, now it is 'liar, dubious character, dishonest, and Pharisee.'
I 'think' inept and educationally challenged are less severe assessments. At least they leave your character intact, if not your intellect, but you've taken cheap-shots at that too.
"We can and do carry life to the planets, but we brought no life to Urantia. Urantia life is unique, original with the planet. This sphere is a life-modification world; all life appearing hereon was formulated by us right here on the planet
:think:
58:4.1 ... we brought no life to Urantia
58:4.2 ...we organized and initiated the original life patterns of this world and planted them [ :doh: which is it? Did or didn't? :dizzy: ]58:4.4 We had planted the primitive form
I can't believe you don't see the problem here. It makes sense, given your obsession with the oddball book.
Your dog likely has less pride and is perhaps more reasonable.
Oh yeah, for sure. You could talk to her about stupid stuff all day and she'd just love the attention. No pride, way more reasonable because here capacity to reason is limited, you two would get along fine, have a lot in common...

... the UB it makes far more sense than the Jews exaggerated history converted into Gods Word by the people who killed the Son of God.
Even if one is a liberal, the stories convey truths and morality. In the instance of Balaam, we learn that God's chosen people weren't to be cursed, and that God is sovereign to stop Balaam from giving a curse. The Urantia fantasy of life planted on earth has no spiritual significance, no God to interact with or learn about, just "Aliens" (according to you) planting on earth. Nothing but supposed 'information' with no significant spiritual input at all. Nothing. You are so into your stupid book, you are blind to how poor it is written, how terribly it is wrong every time you quote it, and how it cannot compare with the Old or New Testament. Jesus 'accepted and read from' the Old Testament, never corrected it. "IF" He was your Jesus, you'd value what He values, wouldn't you??? That's why I told you we follow two different Jesus'.
Whatever your desperate problems are with the UB...
Oh no. You mustn't think that. I barely give it a thought. There is a lot of third grade material I'd never think about reading again. I'm here trying to serve you. I see you love it. I'm not sure this session will or can be productive. As I said, I'm truly sorry for you and Freelight, and others who like this junk. It will never be anything but horrible fantasy sadly passed off and somehow, unbelievably, believed as true. It is the worst stuff I ever read, even worse than the Book of Mormon and other LDS books. It's horrible stuff.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Keeping record, now it is 'liar, dubious character, dishonest, and Pharisee.'
I 'think' inept and educationally challenged are less severe assessments. At least they leave your character intact, if not your intellect, but you've taken cheap-shots at that too.

:think:
I can't believe you don't see the problem here. It makes sense, given your obsession with the oddball book.
Oh yeah, for sure. You could talk to her about stupid stuff all day and she'd just love the attention. No pride, way more reasonable because here capacity to reason is limited, you two would get along fine, have a lot in common...

Even if one is a liberal, the stories convey truths and morality. In the instance of Balaam, we learn that God's chosen people weren't to be cursed, and that God is sovereign to stop Balaam from giving a curse. The Urantia fantasy of life planted on earth has no spiritual significance, no God to interact with or learn about, just "Aliens" (according to you) planting on earth. Nothing but supposed 'information' with no significant spiritual input at all. Nothing. You are so into your stupid book, you are blind to how poor it is written, how terribly it is wrong every time you quote it, and how it cannot compare with the Old or New Testament. Jesus 'accepted and read from' the Old Testament, never corrected it. "IF" He was your Jesus, you'd value what He values, wouldn't you??? That's why I told you we follow two different Jesus'.

Oh no. You mustn't think that. I barely give it a thought. There is a lot of third grade material I'd never think about reading again. I'm here trying to serve you. I see you love it. I'm not sure this session will or can be productive. As I said, I'm truly sorry for you and Freelight, and others who like this junk. It will never be anything but horrible fantasy sadly passed off and somehow, unbelievably, believed as true. It is the worst stuff I ever read, even worse than the Book of Mormon and other LDS books. It's horrible stuff.

Still don't know what the issue is, the Life Carriers normally bring life with them from their headquarters world and implant that primitive life which then evolves. Not so on this world, they actually created the primitive life forms right here 550,000,000 years ago then implanted it like they normally do. The creation story of the Hebrews confuses the first 6 days Adam and Eve spent surveying the garden prepaired for them by the inhabitents of earth with a 6 day creation. The Hebrew writers knew nothing about the real 1,000,000 history of man.

The Urantia Book reveals a great deal of information about the universe, the history of our world, and the entire life of Jesus. Claiming the UB has no spiritual input is just an incompetent statement. You haven't read any of the book obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.