The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

Er, in your desperate attempt to find fault you are making rookie mistakes or you have a reading comprehension problem.
:chuckle: You are a :dizzy::freak: :kookoo:
The mistake I pointed out, clearly, was that they "didn't bring life to Urantia (Earth), and then they did." Sorry you didn't catch it. I highlighted it. Everybody can see how stupid the Urantia garbage is. Everybody, that is, but about 5 of you oddballs on TOL :noway:

Let's do it again, you read along, it'll be fun:

4. THE LIFE-DAWN ERA

58:4.1 That we are called Life Carriers should not confuse you. We can and do carry life to the planets, but we brought no life to Urantia [Weird cult language for "Earth"]. Urantia life is unique, original with the planet. This sphere is a life-modification world; all life appearing hereon was formulated by us right here on the planet; and there is no other world in all Satania, even in all Nebadon, that has a life existence just like that of Urantia.

58:4.2 550,000,000 years ago the Life Carrier corps returned to Urantia. In co-operation with spiritual powers and superphysical forces we organized and initiated the original life patterns of this world and planted them [ :doh: which is it? Did or didn't? :dizzy: ] in the hospitable waters of the realm. All planetary life (aside from extraplanetary personalities) down to the days of Caligastia, the Planetary Prince, had its origin in our three original, identical, and simultaneous marine-life implantations. These three life implantations have been designated as: the central or Eurasian-African, the eastern or Australasian, and the western, embracing Greenland and the Americas.

58:4.3 500,000,000 years ago primitive marine vegetable life was well established on Urantia. Greenland and the arctic land mass, together with North and South America, were beginning their long and slow westward drift. Africa moved slightly south, creating an east and west trough, the Mediterranean basin, between itself and the mother body. Antarctica, Australia, and the land indicated by the islands of the Pacific broke away on the south and east and have drifted far away since that day.

58:4.4 We had planted the primitive form [ :doh: weirdo Urantia fiction writers ] of marine life in the sheltered tropic bays of the central seas of the east-west cleavage of the breaking-up continental land mass. Our purpose in making three marine-life implantations was to insure that each great land mass would carry this life with it, in its warm-water seas, as the land subsequently separated. We foresaw that in the later era of the emergence of land life large oceans of water would separate these drifting continental land masses."

And you failed to explain how Gabriel got to Mary.
Didn't even attempt it. Didn't care. Still don't. I was asking how they "didn't" bring life to earth and "then they did." I was simply asking how they did it. You provided that answer to that already by now: "Identified Flying Objects" UFO/IFO :dizzy: Thanks. Crazy grade-schooler fiction you believe in Caino. Sorry you guys are this gullible and immature to not realize how terrible this stuff is. It is truly a sad commentary on yourselves. Truly sad. Not a slam, just a deep sorrow for people apparently who cannot know any better.

Lon

I apologize, Caino, Freelight, Zeke, and others into this crazy Urantia junk. I'm not trying to be mean. I am being blunt. It is not so much my desire to offend you, though I do hope offense causes impetus to change or I wouldn't do it. This stuff is ridiculously stupid, retarded, grade-school fiction, idiocy. It is just this inanely stupid. Stop doing drugs like Caino has stopped and been sober for 30 years. I'm proud of him for that, but you will have to depend on another's intact brain cells where your own have been destroyed beyond ability to think reasonably, in all likelihood. I genuinely pray you find the Lord Jesus Christ and depend upon Him for life, trusting in His death, burial, and resurrection as portrayed accurately in His word. -Lon

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle: You are a :dizzy::freak: :kookoo:
The mistake I pointed out, clearly, was that they "didn't bring life to Urantia (Earth), and then they did." Sorry you didn't catch it. I highlighted it. Everybody can see how stupid the Urantia garbage is. Everybody, that is, but about 5 of you oddballs on TOL :noway:

Let's do it again, you read along, it'll be fun:

Didn't even attempt it. Didn't care. Still don't. I was asking how they "didn't" bring life to earth and "then they did." I was simply asking how they did it. You provided that answer to that already by now: "Identified Flying Objects" UFO/IFO :dizzy: Thanks. Crazy grade-schooler fiction you believe in Caino. Sorry you guys are this gullible and immature to not realize how terrible this stuff is. It is truly a sad commentary on yourselves. Truly sad. Not a slam, just a deep sorrow for people apparently who cannot know any better.

Yep, definitely a reading comprehension issue. The Life Carriers do normally carry the life they implant to the evolutionary worlds. The paragraph clearly says that they created life right here on our world.

Lets read together Lon "all life appearing hereon was formulated by us right here on the planet"

And If you Believe the Hebrews Old Testament writing then you are in no position to call anyone gullible....ever!!

Normally life is transplanted to the planets, but on Urantia the life carriers made it right here.

LIFE TRANSPLANTATION

36:3.1 "Life does not spontaneously appear in the universes; the Life Carriers must initiate it on the barren planets. They are the carriers, disseminators, and guardians of life as it appears on the evolutionary worlds of space. All life of the order and forms known on Urantia arises with these Sons, though not all forms of planetary life are existent on Urantia.

36:3.2 The corps of Life Carriers commissioned to plant life upon a new world usually consists of one hundred senior carriers, one hundred assistants, and one thousand custodians. The Life Carriers often carry actual life plasm to a new world, but not always. They sometimes organize the life patterns after arriving on the planet of assignment in accordance with formulas previously approved for a new adventure in life establishment. Such was the origin of the planetary life of Urantia.

36:3.3 When, in accordance with approved formulas, the physical patterns have been provided, then do the Life Carriers catalyze this lifeless material, imparting through their persons the vital spirit spark; and forthwith do the inert patterns become living matter.

36:3.4 The vital spark—the mystery of life—is bestowed through the Life Carriers, not by them. They do indeed supervise such transactions, they formulate the life plasm itself, but it is the Universe Mother Spirit who supplies the essential factor of the living plasm. From the Creative Daughter of the Infinite Spirit comes that energy spark which enlivens the body and presages the mind.

36:3.5 In the bestowal of life the Life Carriers transmit nothing of their personal natures, not even on those spheres where new orders of life are projected. At such times they simply initiate and transmit the spark of life, start the required revolutions of matter in accordance with the physical, chemical, and electrical specifications of the ordained plans and patterns. Life Carriers are living catalytic presences which agitate, organize, and vitalize the otherwise inert elements of the material order of existence.

36:3.6 The Life Carriers of a planetary corps are given a certain period in which to establish life on a new world, approximately one-half million years of the time of that planet. At the termination of this period, indicated by certain developmental attainments of the planetary life, they cease implantation efforts, and they may not subsequently add any thing new or supplemental to the life of that planet. *

36:3.7 During the ages intervening between life establishment and the emergence of human creatures of moral status, the Life Carriers are permitted to manipulate the life environment and otherwise favorably directionize the course of biologic evolution. And this they do for long periods of time.

36:3.8 When the Life Carriers operating on a new world have once succeeded in producing a being with will, with the power of moral decision and spiritual choice, then and there their work terminates—they are through; they may manipulate the evolving life no further. From this point forward the evolution of living things must proceed in accordance with the endowment of the inherent nature and tendencies which have already been imparted to, and established in, the planetary life formulas and patterns. The Life Carriers are not permitted to experiment or to interfere with will; they are not allowed to dominate or arbitrarily influence moral creatures.

36:3.9 Upon the arrival of a Planetary Prince they prepare to leave, though two of the senior carriers and twelve custodians may volunteer, by taking temporary renunciation vows, to remain indefinitely on the planet as advisers in the matter of the further development and conservation of the life plasm. Two such Sons and their twelve associates are now serving on Urantia." UB 1955

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I apologize, Caino, Freelight, Zeke, and others into this crazy Urantia junk. I'm not trying to be mean. I am being blunt. It is not so much my desire to offend you, though I do hope offense causes impetus to change or I wouldn't do it. This stuff is ridiculously stupid, retarded, grade-school fiction, idiocy. It is just this inanely stupid. Stop doing drugs like Caino has stopped and been sober for 30 years. I'm proud of him for that, but you will have to depend on another's intact brain cells where your own have been destroyed beyond ability to think reasonably, in all likelihood. I genuinely pray you find the Lord Jesus Christ and depend upon Him for life, trusting in His death, burial, and resurrection as portrayed accurately in His word. -Lon

Thanks Lon. Revealed truth is always a misunderstood threat to adherents of evolved religion, but it doesn't need to be.

Reality is not confined to the worldview or science of 2000 BC. But when the men of religion petrified their writings into The Word of God in order to control the common people, they effectively stunt peoples growth. In your frame of mind it's not possible for you to learn anything new. Being that limited it's best for you to stay in the distant past.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Because they aren't lies. The Urantia Book is the 5th epochal revelation to our world. It's effectively the new bible going forward.
But it unaffectedly claimed the bible to be wrong. That makes your new bible can epic failure cause it comes from unfamiliar spirits

Caino

BANNED
Banned
But it unaffectedly claimed the bible to be wrong. That makes your new bible can epic failure cause it comes from unfamiliar spirits

Not entirely wrong, just human. The Bible books were written, then rewritten, and edited again by preacher types with an agenda, over different ages. The Urantia book explains that the Hebrews rewrote all their history in Babylon.

Said Jesus privately to Nathaniel:

“Many of these books were not written by the persons whose names they bear, but that in no way detracts from the value of the truths which they contain. If the story of Jonah should not be a fact, even if Jonah had never lived, still would the profound truth of this narrative, the love of God for Nineveh and the so-called heathen, be none the less precious in the eyes of all those who love their fellow men. The Scriptures are sacred because they present the thoughts and acts of men who were searching for God, and who in these writings left on record their highest concepts of righteousness, truth, and holiness. The Scriptures contain much that is true, very much, but in the light of your present teaching, you know that these writings also contain much that is misrepresentative of the Father in heaven, the loving God I have come to reveal to all the worlds.

159:4.5 "Nathaniel, never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies—men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God. The Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. Have you not noted that the concepts of Yahweh grow in beauty and glory as the prophets make their records from Samuel to Isaiah? And you should remember that the Scriptures are intended for religious instruction and spiritual guidance. They are not the works of either historians or philosophers.

159:4.6 “The thing most deplorable is not merely this erroneous idea of the absolute perfection of the Scripture record and the infallibility of its teachings, but rather the confusing misinterpretation of these sacred writings by the tradition-enslaved scribes and Pharisees at Jerusalem. And now will they employ both the doctrine of the inspiration of the Scriptures and their misinterpretations thereof in their determined effort to withstand these newer teachings of the gospel of the kingdom. Nathaniel, never forget, the Father does not limit the revelation of truth to any one generation or to any one people. Many earnest seekers after the truth have been, and will continue to be, confused and disheartened by these doctrines of the perfection of the Scriptures."

“But the greatest error of the teaching about the Scripture is the doctrine of their being sealed books of mystery and wisdom which only the wise minds of the nation dare to interpret. The revelations of divine truth are not sealed except by human ignorance, bigotry, and narrow-minded intolerance. The light of the Scriptures is only dimmed by prejudice and darkened by superstition. A false fear of sacredness has prevented religion from being safeguarded by common sense. The fear of the authority of the sacred writings of the past effectively prevents the honest souls of today from accepting the new light of the gospel, the light which these very God-knowing men of another generation so intensely longed to see.

159:4.10 “But the saddest feature of all is the fact that some of the teachers of the sanctity of this traditionalism know this very truth. They more or less fully understand these limitations of Scripture, but they are moral cowards, intellectually dishonest. They know the truth regarding the sacred writings, but they prefer to withhold such disturbing facts from the people. And thus do they pervert and distort the Scriptures, making them the guide to slavish details of the daily life and an authority in things nonspiritual instead of appealing to the sacred writings as the repository of the moral wisdom, religious inspiration, and the spiritual teaching of the God-knowing men of other generations.” UB 1955

Aimiel

Not entirely wrong, just human. The Bible books were written, then rewritten, and edited again by preacher types with an agenda, over different ages. The Urantia book explains that the Hebrews rewrote all their history in Babylon.
Urantia is fiction from hell only a fool could swallow whole. Scriptures are not edited in any way, and archaeology has provided proof of that. Urantia is a sham.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

Said Jesus privately to Nathaniel:

“Many of these books were not written by the persons whose names they bear, but that in no way detracts from the value of the truths which they contain. If the story of Jonah should not be a fact, even if Jonah had never lived, still would the profound truth of this narrative, the love of God for Nineveh and the so-called heathen, be none the less precious in the eyes of all those who love their fellow men. The Scriptures are sacred because they present the thoughts and acts of men who were searching for God, and who in these writings left on record their highest concepts of righteousness, truth, and holiness. The Scriptures contain much that is true, very much, but in the light of your present teaching, you know that these writings also contain much that is misrepresentative of the Father in heaven, the loving God I have come to reveal to all the worlds.

159:4.5 "Nathaniel, never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies—men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God. The Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. Have you not noted that the concepts of Yahweh grow in beauty and glory as the prophets make their records from Samuel to Isaiah? And you should remember that the Scriptures are intended for religious instruction and spiritual guidance. They are not the works of either historians or philosophers.

159:4.6 “The thing most deplorable is not merely this erroneous idea of the absolute perfection of the Scripture record and the infallibility of its teachings, but rather the confusing misinterpretation of these sacred writings by the tradition-enslaved scribes and Pharisees at Jerusalem. And now will they employ both the doctrine of the inspiration of the Scriptures and their misinterpretations thereof in their determined effort to withstand these newer teachings of the gospel of the kingdom. Nathaniel, never forget, the Father does not limit the revelation of truth to any one generation or to any one people. Many earnest seekers after the truth have been, and will continue to be, confused and disheartened by these doctrines of the perfection of the Scriptures."

“But the greatest error of the teaching about the Scripture is the doctrine of their being sealed books of mystery and wisdom which only the wise minds of the nation dare to interpret. The revelations of divine truth are not sealed except by human ignorance, bigotry, and narrow-minded intolerance. The light of the Scriptures is only dimmed by prejudice and darkened by superstition. A false fear of sacredness has prevented religion from being safeguarded by common sense. The fear of the authority of the sacred writings of the past effectively prevents the honest souls of today from accepting the new light of the gospel, the light which these very God-knowing men of another generation so intensely longed to see.

159:4.10 “But the saddest feature of all is the fact that some of the teachers of the sanctity of this traditionalism know this very truth. They more or less fully understand these limitations of Scripture, but they are moral cowards, intellectually dishonest. They know the truth regarding the sacred writings, but they prefer to withhold such disturbing facts from the people. And thus do they pervert and distort the Scriptures, making them the guide to slavish details of the daily life and an authority in things nonspiritual instead of appealing to the sacred writings as the repository of the moral wisdom, religious inspiration, and the spiritual teaching of the God-knowing men of other generations.” UB 1955
*The Urantia teaches "divinity attainment" which is the same old New Age stuff about realizing your godhood. *The lie of Satan to our Original Parents, "you will be like God" (Genesis 3:5 NASB). The Urantia Book is second-rate science fiction

Aimiel

The fact that it discounts The Blood of Jesus is proof that it is a cult, because every demonic doctrine down through the ages has done the same. Demons hate The Blood. It's our only defense against them.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
*The Urantia teaches "divinity attainment" which is the same old New Age stuff about realizing your godhood. *The lie of Satan to our Original Parents, "you will be like God" (Genesis 3:5 NASB). The Urantia Book is second-rate science fiction

Our old earth was fallen into sin 150,000 years before Adam and Eve materialized from heaven.

After being on earth for 100 years or so Eves sin was to do her will not Gods, insert her plan for world saving when they had been expressly warned against it before coming down to the fallen earth. But she succumb to the temptation of the fallen prince of this world or "crafty beast" who out flanked Eve. He repeatedly met with Adam and Eve but had not been able to mess things up.

Eves plan was to have sex with Cain's real father who was from a tribe friendly with the garden. By doing this she intended to impart her superior genes into the gene pool and effect a more rapid reformation of backward man. She was dead wrong! That was the sin, not eating apples.

The characterization "we will be like God" is a human interpretation.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Our old earth was fallen into sin 150,000 years before Adam and Eve materialized from heaven.

Eves sin was to do her will not Gods, insert her plan for world saving when they had been expressly warned against it before coming down to the fallen earth. But she succumb to the temptation of the fallen prince of this world or "crafty beast" who out flanked Eve. He repeatedly met with Adam and Eve but had not been able to mess things up.

Eves plan was to have sex with Cain's real father who was from a tribe friendly with the garden. By doing this she intended to impart her superior genes into the gene pool and effect a more rapid reformation of backward man. She was dead wrong! That was the sin, not eating apples.

The characterization "we will be like God" is a human interpretation.
Unfamiliar spirit said all that?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
No, God didn't create a world where unfamiliar spirits reveal truth. Every day is like Halloween for you. I don't buy into the Satan is God stuff.
I ought to trash my urantia book. Things you say makes it look like a Satan bible

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Get understanding.....

Get understanding.....

You error in your understanding of the papers which would be resolved by reading them. Man has immortality-potential.....therefore the papers present something more along the lines of 'conditional immortality'....where those who choose eternal life fuse with their thought-adjuster and become one with that indwelling God-fragment....then the soul(personality) becomes immortal by that union.

Furthermore the NT fully teaches we becoming "partakers of the divine nature" and "putting on immortality", so we truly share in the life of God, his very nature, being divinitized thereby. 'Putting on immortality' is sharing and having the nature of God.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You error in your understanding of the papers which would be resolved by reading them. Man has immortality-potential.....therefore the papers present something more along the lines of 'conditional immortality'....where those who choose eternal life fuse with their thought-adjuster and become one with that indwelling God-fragment....then the soul(personality) becomes immortal by that union.

Furthermore the NT fully teaches we becoming "partakers of the divine nature" and "putting on immortality", so we truly share in the life of God, his very nature, being divinitized thereby. 'Putting on immortality' is sharing and having the nature of God.
You claimed you don't believe in the NT

Status
Not open for further replies.