The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
expanding your vision................

expanding your vision................

These humanist Gods of yours have a doctrine that’s like the weather, just wait a few years and what was sacred will change.

We’ve learned that with the UB one must pay carful attention to what is actually being said and what is being avoided.

The answer is no, i have no trump for these anymore then you can explain how the revelators knew things which were undiscovered or at odds with the science of that time.

Caino

What I find peculiar is how some harp on scientific details or claims of 'plagarism' and neglect the wonderful cosmology and philosophical/religious truths shared (expanding consciousness on man's eternal purpose, divine prospect and destiny). The Papers cover so much more than just conventional 'science'. They miss the forest for the trees.

Science deals with facts; religion is concerned only with values. Through enlightened philosophy the mind endeavors to unite the meanings of both facts and values, thereby arriving at a concept of complete reality. Remember that science is the domain of knowledge, philosophy the realm of wisdom, and religion the sphere of the faith experience.
- UB, 101:5 (The Real Nature of Religion)

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Poor chemistry in the Book of Plagiarism (3):

Our sun never had more than the tiniest trace amounts of calcium, and that calcium was not made in the sun but in other stars.

The name of the person who first described the nucleogenesis of the heavier elements such as calcium was Fred Hoyle.

Stuart

Stuu,

I don’t claim to be a scientist and frankly I'm not that interested in what the UB has to say about science other then its interesting that they revealed things that were not yet proven or at odds with science at the time.

There are lots of scientist that read the UB, here is a link where some scientist UB reader addresses this calcium issue, maybe it helps, but probably not. I would be interested in your take on it.

http://www.urantia-uai.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=589&pid=6718&mode=threaded&start=

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What I find peculiar is how some harp on scientific details or claims of 'plagarism' and neglect the wonderful cosmology and philosophical/religious truths shared (expanding consciousness on man's eternal purpose, divine prospect and destiny). The Papers cover so much more than just conventional 'science'. They miss the forest for the trees.

- UB, 101:5 (The Real Nature of Religion)

pj

Hy Freelight,

I’ve made this point with our friend Stuu before, he insists on studying only one aspect of reality and insisting that there is no other. Religious people can be just as closed minded and afraid to find anything that may detract from their world view.

I'm interested in both science and religion, realizing that they can never reach complete agreement, which would be akin to putting triune deity back into the theoretical unqualified absolute (pre paradise, pre father, pre conjoint actor.)

"When the development of the intellectual nature proceeds faster than that of the spiritual, such a situation renders communication with the Thought Adjuster both difficult and dangerous. Likewise, overspiritual development tends to produce a fanatical and perverted interpretation of the spirit leadings of the divine indweller. Lack of spiritual capacity makes it very difficult to transmit to such a material intellect the spiritual truths resident in the higher superconsciousness. It is to the mind of perfect poise, housed in a body of clean habits, stabilized neural energies, and balanced chemical function — when the physical, mental, and spiritual powers are in triune harmony of development — that a maximum of light and truth can be imparted with a minimum of temporal danger or risk to the real welfare of such a being. By such a balanced growth does man ascend the circles of planetary progression one by one, from the seventh to the first."

Caino

ThePresbyteers

How does Urantia books describe the energies that cause some folks to babble or speak in tongues or fall to the ground from the touches of another man? Not only things like that happen in the Pentecostal churches but it also happens in the Kung fu world. A tai chi master can use their energies to make another person hop, fall, jump or pass out. I like to learn more about what the Urantia document say about energies that influences another person such as healing from laying of hands or long distance healing.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God doesn't change. Jesus Christ: the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. The Urantia Book is simply foolishness which has NOTHING to do with true Christianity. It is merely a perversion of Scriptural Truth.

People make the bible Gods word because it's easier then having faith in Gods presence as taught and practiced by Jesus. This practice of making a fetish out of the writings of men evolved from making idols.

The newspaper is not "the news"

The riverbed is not "the river".

The bible was written by imperfect men then edited and redacted by still more men.

The God of the bible changes, the real living God stays the same.

Have faith

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
How does Urantia books describe the energies that cause some folks to babble or speak in tongues or fall to the ground from the touches of another man? Not only things like that happen in the Pentecostal churches but it also happens in the Kung fu world. A tai chi master can use their energies to make another person hop, fall, jump or pass out. I like to learn more about what the Urantia document say about energies that influences another person such as healing from laying of hands or long distance healing.

Hi Pres...<

WHAT HAPPENED AT PENTECOST

"Many queer and strange teachings became associated with the early narratives of the day of Pentecost. In subsequent times the events of this day, on which the Spirit of Truth, the new teacher, came to dwell with mankind, have become confused with the foolish outbreaks of rampant emotionalism. The chief mission of this outpoured spirit of the Father and the Son is to teach men about the truths of the Father’s love and the Son’s mercy. These are the truths of divinity which men can comprehend more fully than all the other divine traits of character. The Spirit of Truth is concerned primarily with the revelation of the Father’s spirit nature and the Son’s moral character. The Creator Son, in the flesh, revealed God to men; the Spirit of Truth, in the heart, reveals the Creator Son to men. When man yields the “fruits of the spirit” in his life, he is simply showing forth the traits which the Master manifested in his own earthly life. When Jesus was on earth, he lived his life as one personality — Jesus of Nazareth. As the indwelling spirit of the “new teacher,” the Master has, since Pentecost, been able to live his life anew in the experience of every truth-taught believer."

http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1446#U194_3_1

Caino

Aimiel

People make the bible Gods word because it's easier then having faith in Gods presence as taught and practiced by Jesus.
While I must agree that God's Presence is available only through Jesus, and is something that our Christian heritage forgot to teach us; God's Word is in The Bible because God inspired it as such.
The bible was written by imperfect men then edited and redacted by still more men.
It was inspired by God, copied by men who were as perfect as a photo-copier and it still stands today.
The God of the bible changes, the real living God stays the same.
The God of The Bible IS God.
Have faith
I do, just not in the false god(s) you follow.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
While I must agree that God's Presence is available only through Jesus, and is something that our Christian heritage forgot to teach us; God's Word is in The Bible because God inspired it as such.It was inspired by God, copied by men who were as perfect as a photo-copier and it still stands today.The God of The Bible IS God.I do, just not in the false god(s) you follow.

Have faith in God Aimiel, the Jews also relied upon the half fiction of the scriptures, their Messiah never came. At least they can see that Jesus was forced into many of the writings which conceptually had nothing to do with the son of God.

It is easy to see why Moses had his hands full, he would run out to do some errands only to return to find they had built a golden calf. The idea of trusting an unseen God was just to much for their superstitious minds.

Trust the unseen God Aimiel, he will never fail you. Leave behind the golden calf, the household Gods of scripture worship.

Caino

Aimiel

Have faith in God Aimiel, the Jews also relied upon the half fiction of the scriptures, their Messiah never came.
God's Word is Truth, not fiction or even half-fiction.

John 17:17
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Jesus is their Messiah, they merely haven't realized it yet. When they notice that every Christian who lived by the Torah is gone, and the ones who didn't bother changing anything about their life but pretended to be Christian were left-behind, they'll change their tune, and fall upon their face seeking for Jesus' forgiveness.
Trust the unseen God Aimiel, he will never fail you. Leave behind the golden calf, the household Gods of scripture worship.
I don't have any idols. That makes one of us. Your Urantia Book has nothing to do with Christianity, other than plagiarism.

One Truth

Aimiel
Your Urantia Book has nothing to do with Christianity, other than plagiarism.

You have said this twice now and I just fail to see where having anything to do with Christianity is the reason for The Urantia Book? This Book was not written in "support" of Christianity. (Jesus was not the founder of Christianity btw). It is a revelation unto itself. It quotes many scriptures (usually with quotation marks) and never gives "credit" to the Bible or any other religious scripture. That is not plagiarism. It may rephrase certain other thoughts, passages or sentences from over a thousand different concepts found in books and the minds of past and then present mortals, throughout the Papers giving credit indirectly to those writers, discoverers, scientists, etc., but plagiarism is hardly an issue because the revelators would have had to have copied, word for word, from their sources, whether they were books, papers, mind concepts or what have you. This they did not do. Why would they need to?
0.12.11 Successive planetary revelations of divine truth invariably embrace the highest existing concepts of spiritual values as a part of the new and enhanced co-ordination of planetary knowledge. Accordingly, in making these presentations about God and his universe associates, we have selected as the basis of these papers more than one thousand human concepts representing the highest and most advanced planetary knowledge of spiritual values and universe meanings. Wherein these human concepts, assembled from the God-knowing mortals of the past and the present, are inadequate to portray the truth as we are directed to reveal it, we will unhesitatingly supplement them, for this purpose drawing upon our own superior knowledge of the reality and divinity of the Paradise Deities and their transcendent residential universe.

As you can read, they give credit where credit is due, only indirectly, because the concepts we mortals have are not always adequate and are too numerous to list everyone involved. Besides, concepts, discoveries and meanings unquestionably are not originated in the human mind. Science only discovers what is already in existence, only "shadows" of what already exists.

In Genesis it speaks of herbs, trees, birds, and every living creature which was brought forth "after his/their kind". Where would you suppose his/their kind were fashioned after? The same with the things in science which are discovered: they "come forth" after "their" kind, or after that which already exists in the Mind of God. So the true credit goes to the Source of all things, which is The Universal Father, the First Source and Center (UB).

ThePresbyteers

WHAT HAPPENED AT PENTECOST
. . .

Here another question related. The women with some blood issue pushing through the crowd and touched Jesus and became healed. This is another energy that was drained and felt by Jesus. There must be some sort of fields we can talk about. an exchangeable field we can share with our brothers or a fields that can be stolen from a person.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Here another question related. The women with some blood issue pushing through the crowd and touched Jesus and became healed. This is another energy that was drained and felt by Jesus. There must be some sort of fields we can talk about. an exchangeable field we can share with our brothers or a fields that can be stolen from a person.

The UB has much to say about energy, known and yet to be discovered. It also discuses spiritual circuits As for this particular instance the UB has the story:

EVENTS LEADING UP TO THE CAPERNAUM CRISIS

THE STORY OF the cure of Amos, the Kheresa lunatic, had already reached Bethsaida and Capernaum, so that a great crowd was waiting for Jesus when his boat landed that Tuesday forenoon. Among this throng were the new observers from the Jerusalem Sanhedrin who had come down to Capernaum to find cause for the Master's apprehension and conviction. As Jesus spoke with those who had assembled to greet him, Jairus, one of the rulers of the synagogue, made his way through the crowd and, falling down at his feet, took him by the hand and besought that he would hasten away with him, saying: "Master, my little daughter, an only child, lies in my home at the point of death. I pray that you will come and heal her." When Jesus heard the request of this father, he said: "I will go with you."

152:0.2 As Jesus went along with Jairus, the large crowd which had heard the father's request followed on to see what would happen. Shortly before they reached the ruler's house, as they hastened through a narrow street and as the throng jostled him, Jesus suddenly stopped, exclaiming, "Someone touched me." And when those who were near him denied that they had touched him, Peter spoke up: "Master, you can see that this crowd presses you, threatening to crush us, and yet you say `someone has touched me.' What do you mean?" Then Jesus said: "I asked who touched me, for I perceived that living energy had gone forth from me." As Jesus looked about him, his eyes fell upon a near-by woman, who, coming forward, knelt at his feet and said: "For years I have been afflicted with a scourging hemorrhage. I have suffered many things from many physicians; I have spent all my substance, but none could cure me. Then I heard of you, and I thought if I may but touch the hem of his garment, I shall certainly be made whole. And so I pressed forward with the crowd as it moved along until, standing near you, Master, I touched the border of your garment, and I was made whole; I know that I have been healed of my affliction."

The woman who touched the hem of his garment by Harold Copping152:0.3 When Jesus heard this, he took the woman by the hand and, lifting her up, said: "Daughter, your faith has made you whole; go in peace." It was her faith and not her touch that made her whole. And this case is a good illustration of many apparently miraculous cures which attended upon Jesus' earth career, but which he in no sense consciously willed. The passing of time demonstrated that this woman was really cured of her malady. Her faith was of the sort that laid direct hold upon the creative power resident in the Master's person. With the faith she had, it was only necessary to approach the Master's person. It was not at all necessary to touch his garment; that was merely the superstitious part of her belief. Jesus called this woman, Veronica of Caesarea Philippi, into his presence to correct two errors which might have lingered in her mind, or which might have persisted in the minds of those who witnessed this healing: He did not want Veronica to go away thinking that her fear in attempting to steal her cure had been honored, or that her superstition in associating the touch of his garment with her healing had been effective. He desired all to know that it was her pure and living faith that had wrought the cure.

http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1404#U152_0_2

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
energy

energy

As previously shared,..the UB approaches such with 'balance', focusing more on the Spirit's ministry of 'revelation' and 'inspiration'.
The Spirit operates and functions in a variety of manners and fashions, directly or indirectly...within and without individual souls. 'Energy' (Qi, chi, Ki, prana, spirit) can be channeled or manipulated in various ways, or one's body can 'react' to the energies active in one's immediate environment. Hence in Spirit-filled churches, we can experience the 'Presence' of God in worship and adoration, feelings of exhilaration, freedom, expansion, etc. - healings and miracles often take place in these electrically charged atmospheres, enhanced by faith and power. Of course we attribute all these wonderful 'anointings' and 'movements' to the Holy Spirit, however....I'd say that they are likely reactions to many of the various spirits and energies working in unity with the Spirit, as many spirit-agencies work under the third aspect of the Godhead.

You can read about the processes within creation and the ministry of 'mind' and 'spirit' as the UB describes such within its 'cosmology'. As far as personal experiences of 'energy' or 'spirit', these would be appropriate within 'human experience', however....there is caution not to go too far off into 'mystic flights' or 'dreams n visions', but to hold to a stable, integrated, coherence of psychic/spiritual development and moral character.

Its how, why and to what purposes you use your individual powers that matters, in the course and outcomes of your endeavors. What energy, will and spirit you have at your command, you are responsible. Energies harnessed and directed in unity with the current and Will of the Spirit, are consonant with the flow of life.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Life currents..............

Life currents..............

Hy Freelight,

I’ve made this point with our friend Stuu before, he insists on studying only one aspect of reality and insisting that there is no other. Religious people can be just as closed minded and afraid to find anything that may detract from their world view.

I find life most wonderful with all its many dimensions, all parts of One Infinity.

I'm interested in both science and religion, realizing that they can never reach complete agreement, which would be akin to putting triune deity back into the theoretical unqualified absolute (pre paradise, pre father, pre conjoint actor.)

Conventional science deals with the facts and consistencies of the matterial realm, and there is its limit.

"When the development of the intellectual nature proceeds faster than that of the spiritual, such a situation renders communication with the Thought Adjuster both difficult and dangerous. Likewise, overspiritual development tends to produce a fanatical and perverted interpretation of the spirit leadings of the divine indweller. Lack of spiritual capacity makes it very difficult to transmit to such a material intellect the spiritual truths resident in the higher superconsciousness. It is to the mind of perfect poise, housed in a body of clean habits, stabilized neural energies, and balanced chemical function — when the physical, mental, and spiritual powers are in triune harmony of development — that a maximum of light and truth can be imparted with a minimum of temporal danger or risk to the real welfare of such a being. By such a balanced growth does man ascend the circles of planetary progression one by one, from the seventh to the first."

And how fitting and confirmed by the intuition of one's own existence,... the progressive nature of life.

pj

Stuu

These humanist Gods of yours have a doctrine that’s like the weather, just wait a few years and what was sacred will change.
Nothing should be considered sacred in science. The UB has set in concrete some ideas that are right and some that have been shown to be wrong. That is useless.

We’ve learned that with the UB one must pay carful attention to what is actually being said and what is being avoided.
Yes, the stuff that is wrong needs careful interpretation to save face.

The answer is no, i have no trump for these anymore then you can explain how the revelators knew things which were undiscovered or at odds with the science of that time.
The main reason is that the authors of the Book of Plagiarism did not write anything unambiguous that had not already been discovered.

Stuart

Aimiel

... the true credit goes to the Source of all things, which is The Universal Father, the First Source and Center (UB).
He didn't author the Urantia Book, and doesn't like having His Name or even His Son's Name attached to it at all. It was authored in hell and dictated by demonic forces to man. :duh:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
He didn't author the Urantia Book, and doesn't like having His Name or even His Son's Name attached to it at all. It was authored in hell and dictated by demonic forces to man. :duh:

Same thing was said about Jesus, same proud religious nuts tried to kill him, same story, different day. Life in the Christian bubble, an alternative reality, stuck in the past, the blind leading the blind.

Like Jesus said, "forgive them Father, for they know not what they do."

Have faith in God, not book worship.

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
causal affections...............

causal affections...............

How do you describe those that have effects on electrical devices? Such as SLIDERS or those that effect street lights and make devices turn off or on?

Not familiar with all the dynamic of 'sliders', but some appear to have some conductivity of energy working within and without their 'aura' that affects electrical devices, lights, etc. This is just various energies inter-acting with each other other somehow. If someone could do this at will, then we would research the relationship of energy with 'consciousness', another chapter :)

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.