The Jews were 'the dead', in Jesus instruction, 'let the dead bury their dead'.

jaybird

Who's not saying it plain enough for ya: Matthew, Mark, or Like?

Matthew 16 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Mark 8 KJV
(29) And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.
(30) And he charged them that they should tell no man of him.

Luke 9 KJV
(20) He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God.
(21) And he straitly charged them, and commanded them to tell no man that thing;

your misunderstanding. i fully understand what He said, however when He says that (mentioned above in the scriptures) i wasnt sure what He meant by those words. make sense?

Of course not.
He was speaking to believers.
He was telling (even commanding) believers not to tell anyone He was the Christ of GOD.

So, knowing the above, when a believer asks you if they are suppose to obey every command of Jesus Christ ............. how are you going to answer them?

i would say obey everything He says.

glorydaz

a Christian nation would be one whos primary religion is Christianity, seriously. do you not think religion has any influence in the culture of a country? i will give you a simple example, when europeans 1st came to the US, they went out slaughtered natives like dogs, women children, its all ok because they did not call themselves Christian, the church backed this idea under the doctrine of discovery, the natives may have been living by what Jesus taught, and the Europeans far from it, but the Europeans called themselves Christian so this made it all ok. and thats how it works. i am a Christian and acts like this make me sick, it makes me ask what went wrong, i dont turn a blind eye to it and blame it on a visible church, what ever thats supposed to mean.
i never mentioned body of Christ. it has nothing to do with what im talking about but you keep bringing it up trying to spin my points into something else. good luck with that.

I'm not interested in your opinion about the make up of a nation.

You're talking about a fake "faith" if you aren't talking about the body of Christ, so whatever "point" you are making is merely your opinion of this sinful world in which we live.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
your misunderstanding. i fully understand what He said, however when He says that (mentioned above in the scriptures) i wasnt sure what He meant by those words. make sense?
It does not make sense that you cannot figure out what tell no man means.

i would say obey everything He says.
Then tell no man Jesus is the Christ of GOD.

And don't forget to be healing the sick, raising the dead, and casting out devils.

Oh, and remember to not go into the Gentiles.

(Just in case you might have forgotten some of the things Jesus has said to do and not do.)

jaybird

I'm not interested in your opinion about the make up of a nation.

You're talking about a fake "faith" if you aren't talking about the body of Christ, so whatever "point" you are making is merely your opinion of this sinful world in which we live.

not opinion, they are facts that actually happened. but if it makes you feel better tell yourself that these false teachers dont exist. i chose not to bury my head in the sand.

drbrumley

what nations were Israel commanded to conquer?

Read 1 and 2 Kings and 1 and 2 Chronicles and that should answer that question.

But that doesn't mean in anyway that so called "christians" committed genocide upon the american indian.

glorydaz

not opinion, they are facts that actually happened. but if it makes you feel better tell yourself that these false teachers dont exist. i chose not to bury my head in the sand.

Guess you don't know the meaning of the word "false", do ya? :chuckle:

jaybird

Not that I am aware...
Israelites killing canaanites is nothing like Charlamagne killing 4500 Saxon leaders in one day.
canaanites were cursed as well as being in open rebellion against the Most High.
Charlamagne was expanding his empire for himself. and the church backed him all the way.

jaybird

Guess you don't know the meaning of the word "false", do ya? :chuckle:

you mean like a false leader that says everything is perfect when it is far from it? sometimes its better to follow those leaders, if you stand up and say anything people will denounce you for making waves lol.

jaybird

I know I know. But what so called church did that?

IMO many churches have done it and are still doing it today. Jesus pointed it out during His ministry, and even said their would be many more to come. had Jesus not pointed it out people would have continued following the corrupt leaders. we know we had the same thing happen many years later, why do we not think its going on today?

marhig

Rather, we are to do what the Risen Lord Jesus revealed to Paul, not what Jesus said to the Jews when He walked among them. Since you're still stuck on the wrong side of the Cross, you don't know what the Good News is.
Those who belong to Christ are the true Jews, circumcised of the heart. And seeing as we become a Jew inwardly once we are circumcised of the heart, then Jesus's teachings are for us, those who belong to him.

marhig

Foolish woman.
Jesus told his disciples to tell no man He was the Christ of GOD.
Are you obeying that?

Paul did not tell anyone to tell no man Jesus was the Christ of GOD, as Jesus did when He walked the earth.

Obviously, it is you that goes against truth.
Nothing I've said here is untrue.

Same old tired lie from GT.
Why do you believe that Jesus didn't want anyone to be told the he was the Christ?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Rather, we are to do what the Risen Lord Jesus revealed to Paul, not what Jesus said to the Jews when He walked among them. Since you're still stuck on the wrong side of the Cross, you don't know what the Good News is.

here you go, Jesus' word is not for the whole nations but just for the Jews, according to you, MAD.

This is how you spread false gospel.

Jesus is the Lord, if you claim to be a Christian, you better follow everything He teaches or commands.

Lord means a Master.

Do you think the Master will keep His servants if they don't obey Him?
Nope.

You can try explaining away all you want for "Jesus teachings are just for the Jews, not for the gentiles" thingy. You have been refuted many ways over and over.

Boy am I good at making a point.:)

love and the Truth in Jesus' teachings. Do you agree? If you do, you ought to spread follow Jesus to the world.