The Incarnation of the WORD

Robert Pate

Banned
Yeshua is the Hebrew name of Jesus.

Yes the WORD was in heaven before the Earth was created but your assumption that the word is Jesus is wrong, Jesus was born a man like we were.
The special spirit that Jesus received at his anointing is the son of man, the true spiritual son of YHWH. The express image of the Father. This is what became flesh. To become flesh it had to be something else first (spirit). This spirit is said to be a form od God in Phil 2. Put into the body prepared for it in Heb 10:5.

That isn't what the scripture says.

The scripture says... "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD" John 1:1.

"And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth" John 1:14.

I think that you are in error as to who Jesus is.

keypurr

It is implied through out the New Testament.

Such as this..."For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" Colossians 2:9.

So you have no verse that tells us that Jesus is God.

Notice the words "for in him dwells" in your post. Consider that a godlike spirit was in Jesus.

keypurr

We have to be careful about how we describe Jesus. He is more than just a Spirit. A Spirit can't save anyone.

He had to be all man and all God in one person. A real flesh and blood person.

The spirit in Jesus can give life, everything was created through it. To be the Lamb of God it needed to be a man for God can not die. By man sin entered into the world, it took another man to die to be the unblemished Lamb, the perfect sacrfice.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The spirit in Jesus can give life, everything was created through it. To be the Lamb of God it needed to be a man for God can not die. By man sin entered into the world, it took another man to die to be the unblemished Lamb, the perfect sacrfice.

Hope you saw my post in between Pate's.

keypurr

That isn't what the scripture says.

The scripture says... "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD" John 1:1.

"And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth" John 1:14.

I think that you are in error as to who Jesus is.

What I posted is what the scripture says. Read it in Greek or better still in Aramaic.

To see truth you need to discard all the assuming and stick to only what is written. Jesus is NOT the WORD, the true son is a spiritual being that was dwelling in Jesus. This spirit BECAME flesh by dwelling in Jesus.

keypurr

Hope you saw my post in between Pate's.

I did BR and I tried to post on it but the computer said something about a wrong code on your post.

Christ means anointed, Jesus was not anointed until he was thirty. So he did not become the Christ until then. Greek to English translation are very confusing at times friend.

I wish you and yours the very best for the Christmas season friend, keep the love of Christ in your heart and enjoy his peace.

daqq

It is implied through out the New Testament.

Such as this..."For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" Colossians 2:9.

Too late, already covered, somatikos and the forms thereof . . . :crackup:

Colossians 2:8-9
8. Take heed lest there shall be any one that maketh spoil of you through his philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Messiah:
9. for in him dwells all the fullness of the theotetos somatikos:

Strong's Ref. #4985
Romanized somatikos
Pronounced so-mat-ee-koce'
adverb from GSN4984; corporeally or physically:
KJV--bodily.

And with Luke 3:22 this is the only other place somatikos or a variation thereof is found:

1 Timothy 4:7-8
7. But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
8. For somatike-bodily exercise profits little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

Strong's Ref. #4984
Romanized somatikos
Pronounced so-mat-ee-kos'
from GSN4983; corporeal or physical:
KJV--bodily.

The Colossians 2:8-9 statement concerns the Messiah, the Christ, the Son of God, who is the Son of man, and who descended in the somatikos-bodily form of a Yonah-Dove upon the man Yeshua and remained-abode upon him as already explained on the first page of this thread.

Boioioioioing . . . please try again . . . :crackup:

:sheep:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This spirit BECAME flesh by dwelling in Jesus.

The same can be said for John, the baptizer.

For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb. (Luke 1:15 NKJV)​

You seem to be saying that Jesus received the Holy Spirit at his anointing as the Christ, the Anointed One.

keypurr

The same can be said for John, the baptizer.

For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb. (Luke 1:15 NKJV)​

You seem to be saying that Jesus received the Holy Spirit at his anointing as the Christ, the Anointed One.

Not so friend, only Jesus was given the spiritual son of God. Jesus received the Holy Spirit and POWER at his anointing. ACTS 10:38. This power is the power that was in the express image, the spiritual son of the Father. Only he was given the fullness of the Father.

Robert Pate

Banned
What I posted is what the scripture says. Read it in Greek or better still in Aramaic.

To see truth you need to discard all the assuming and stick to only what is written. Jesus is NOT the WORD, the true son is a spiritual being that was dwelling in Jesus. This spirit BECAME flesh by dwelling in Jesus.

I think that I will stick with what the scripture says.

It plainly says that Jesus is the word and that the word became flesh.

Robert Pate

Banned
Too late, already covered, somatikos and the forms thereof . . . :crackup:

Colossians 2:8-9
8. Take heed lest there shall be any one that maketh spoil of you through his philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Messiah:
9. for in him dwells all the fullness of the theotetos somatikos:

Strong's Ref. #4985
Romanized somatikos
Pronounced so-mat-ee-koce'
adverb from GSN4984; corporeally or physically:
KJV--bodily.

And with Luke 3:22 this is the only other place somatikos or a variation thereof is found:

1 Timothy 4:7-8
7. But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
8. For somatike-bodily exercise profits little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

Strong's Ref. #4984
Romanized somatikos
Pronounced so-mat-ee-kos'
from GSN4983; corporeal or physical:
KJV--bodily.

The Colossians 2:8-9 statement concerns the Messiah, the Christ, the Son of God, who is the Son of man, and who descended in the somatikos-bodily form of a Yonah-Dove upon the man Yeshua and remained-abode upon him as already explained on the first page of this thread.

Boioioioioing . . . please try again . . . :crackup:

:sheep:

I think that you are in serious trouble.

Jesus said, "I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he (God) you will die in your sins" John 8:24.

keypurr

I think that I will stick with what the scripture says.

It plainly says that Jesus is the word and that the word became flesh.

You need to see what the scriptures are saying RP.
God is not a man neither is his true son. The son of man is a spirit being. You will not see that if you don't discard your traditional thoughts. Jesus was born a man, he was flesh and did not need to become flesh. Think friend, I know you are seeking truth.

Robert Pate

Banned
God is not a man neither is his true son. The son of man is a spirit being. You will not see that if you don't discard your traditional thoughts. Jesus was born a man, he was flesh and did not need to become flesh. Think friend, I know you are seeking truth.

Jesus had to be both God and man to save us.

Only God can turn water into wine. Only God can heal the sick, feed 5000, raise the dead and ascend into heaven.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you do not see Jesus as the Son of Man you have a problem since he called himself by this title.

keypurr

Jesus had to be both God and man to save us.

Only God can turn water into wine. Only God can heal the sick, feed 5000, raise the dead and ascend into heaven.

Did not Jesus say that all power was GIVEN to him? Why did he need to have it given to him if he was God? The express image spiritual son of the Father was given the fullness of the Father. He is YHWH ' first creation, firstborn of all creation. A created spiritual form of God. Jesus went to his God and was given Lordship over all creation.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did not Jesus say that all power was GIVEN to him? Why did he need to have it given to him if he was God? The express image spiritual son of the Father was given the fullness of the Father. He is YHWH ' first creation, firstborn of all creation. A created spiritual form of God. Jesus went to his God and was given Lordship over all creation.

The pre-incarnate Christ is not created. :poly:

keypurr

If you do not see Jesus as the Son of Man you have a problem since he called himself by this title.

Christ spoke through Jesus. Only the spiritual son came down from heaven, the flesh son, Jesus, was born on Earth and did not exist until then. However the spiritual son was at the creation. You need to see the differences between the two that became one my friend.

keypurr

The pre-incarnate Christ is not created. :poly:

Heb 1:3, Col 1:15 disagree with you. Jesus was born as a human. Christ was implanted in him at his anointing. I have been telling you that for over three years now friend. All images are creations, all creatures are creations. Only YHWH in uncreated, only YHWH is the true God. Jesus Christ told you that but you refuse to listen. I do not expect you to listen to me if you do not listen to our Lord.