The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

c.moore

Again when do you think the NT began??

In matthew or in Acts???

try also to become a being rather than trying to do to become something your not sure of.

That why we should be human beings.

Shalom

rene

Again - you going to follow the words of Jesus - or what you been putting out here?

You going to follow Jesus - or those 'teachers' that you follow that teach other and against what Jesus stated?

I have now gone thru - who knows how many pages on this list - of your two-stepping, side stepping dance. You have tossed out all sorts of comments - supported none of them. Made claims about what you thought that I believed a few pages back - which were wrong as well.

You just can't seem to get it. The only point that I have been attempting to get you uncover your eyes, take away the blinders that you allowed by following teachings that go against what is clearly shown within scripture - and FOLLOW THE TEACHING GIVEN BY JESUS.

You can continue with your dance - but still not going to change the point that I have shown you - who knows how many pages. Either your slow on the uptake - or your heart is just plain hardened to the words and instructions given by Jesus and you plain don't want to follow them.

You can think that your taking swipes at me - and frankly I don't care. My intent is to get you to come face to face with what your doing before you meet mankinds maker, God. From what I see within scripture - people that dance around with His instructions (and Jesus did only God's will) are going to find out in a personal way about the scripture I have quote here many times found in Matthew 7:22-23.

I have nothing to gain - - but you have an eternity at stake that isn't looking good at all if you continue in your stand against the teaching of Jesus.

Baptism is not minor. Jesus taught it. Jesus taught God's will. To be a Christian you have to follow the will of God and His Son's teaching. You can't go around and call Jesus teaching minor and believe that God is going to support such at all. That is just plain foolishness on the part of someone that wants to think along those lines.

c.moore

You are trying to do something for God , but try looking at the finished work for us on the cross.

When you can see one day what the cross mean , and has has gave us salvation and repentance by the blood you might get away fro this work of getting wet, and religious rituals of little effects.

Shalom

rene

What I am trying to do is to get you to see the words of Jesus and follow them vs. what your doing now.

Your cavalier approach to the very words of Jesus, suggestion that His teaching is minor and thus more an option vs. what Jesus stated is not what scripture states.

Do you not see the very effect that can have not only upon yourself - but with anyone else that you may have gotten to believe what it is that you promote vs. what Jesus instructed to be followed.

Do you honestly not see what such an attitude to the Savior, the one promised by God is going to have upon someone? You honestly believe that God desires such an attitude? That it reflects His will when you tell others that they don't have to do as Jesus said - it's a minor teaching and yours is to be followed instead?

Why did Jesus instruct it to be so - if it were so minior and one can choose to follow it or not?

c.moore

I just tell them how to get saved by grace not by rituals and religious works.

You are creating a new gospel and a added one at that to the good news of salvation .
It is with your heart not with a water ritual we are saved.

please one day try to understand the cross of Christ and what he did on the cross.

rene

So, you tell them your version vs. following the words of Jesus.

What you have done is to create a version vs. following Jesus version. It is you that create a "new gospel".

To not follow those teachings is to find yourself making a claim of relationship and finding out that your not. To be a Christian is to follow the teachings of Jesus.

Mat 7:21 "Not every one saying to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of My Father, the [One] in [the] heavens.
Mat 7:22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in Your name, and cast out demons in Your name, and did many miraculous works in Your name, did we not?
Mat 7:23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you*; be departing from Me, the ones practicing lawlessness!'

Mat 28:19 "When you* have gone, make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Mat 28:20 teaching them to be observing all [things], as many as I commanded you*. And listen! I am with you* all the days, until the conclusion of the age! So be it!" [Gr. amen, and throughout NT].

c.moore

With the doctrine you are trying to please God is the reason whys many sinners don`t want christ .

things like religoius works and ritual seperates the church and we are divide and n wounder we can`t stand, forget trying to fight a devil and his demons.

rene

The doctrine that I promote is the same as the words that Jesus instructed to be followed.

Which brings us back again - just what is it that you really follow since it isn't the words of Jesus?

c.moore

Originally posted by rene

The doctrine that I promote is the same as the words that Jesus instructed to be followed.

Which brings us back again - just what is it that you really follow since it isn't the words of Jesus?

Have you heard of a evangelist called billy graham??

What do you think about the salvation and gospel message he preach and teach ??

I am some wher along those same lines , and it is a dry salvation message also.

Móre from the heart than from some water rituals.

more from the spiritual baptism which is dry:)

rene

Why can't you grasp what Jesus says within the bible copied here for you?

Mat 28:18 And having approached, Jesus spoke to them, saying, "All authority in heaven and on earth was given to Me.
Mat 28:19 "When you* have gone, make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Mat 28:20 teaching them to be observing all [things], as many as I commanded you*. And listen! I am with you* all the days, until the conclusion of the age! So be it!" [Gr. amen, and throughout NT].

Notice baptizing and Jesus teaching them to be observing all things and the word command - not suggestion or choice?

Mat 7:15 "But be watching out for the false prophets, who come to you* in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
Mat 7:16 "By their fruits you* will know them. They do not gather a grape cluster from thorns, or figs from thistles, do they?
Mat 7:17 "In the same way, every good tree yields good fruits, but the rotten tree yields evil fruits.
Mat 7:18 "A good tree is not able to be yielding evil fruits, nor a rotten tree to be yielding good fruits.
Mat 7:19 "Every tree not yielding good fruit is cut down and is thrown into fire.
Mat 7:20 "Consequently, by their fruits you* will know them.
Mat 7:21 "Not every one saying to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, _but_ the one doing the will of My Father, the [One] in [the] heavens.
Mat 7:22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in Your name, and cast out demons in Your name, and did many miraculous works in Your name, did we not?
Mat 7:23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you*; be departing from Me, the ones practicing lawlessness!'
Mat 7:24 "Therefore, every [one] who hears these words of Mine and does them, I will compare him to a wise man who built his house on the solid rock;

JustAChristian

Originally posted by c.moore

Have you heard of a evangelist called billy graham??

What do you think about the salvation and gospel message he preach and teach ??

I am some wher along those same lines , and it is a dry salvation message also.

Móre from the heart than from some water rituals.

more from the spiritual baptism which is dry:)

c.moore,

You just don't get it, do you?

JustAChristian

Paul the apostle of Jesus Christ said, “Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.� (Philippians 3:17-21 AV)

rene

Footnote to the Graham comment - as if he somehow supports the thought of not following the teaching of Jesus about baptism - here are some of his comments:

"Baptism is a public sign that you have now put your faith in Christ and are taking an open stand for Him."

"It also is a sign that Jesus has now washed away all your sins. Think of it: You have been cleansed of every sin you've ever committed, because of what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you! You aren't saved because of anything you have done; you are saved only because you have put your faith and trust in Christ and what He has already done for you."

Mr. Graham has stated: "I believe baptism is important, and I have been baptized."

"Baptism is a conclusive act of obedience and witness to the world that we are Christ's. I believe in it wholeheartedly. In our crusades we don't baptize because we feel that this should be done by the local pastors—and that if I baptized, some people would say they had been baptized by me, and that would be putting the emphasis on the wrong person. To one who has received Christ, baptism is a necessary and meaningful experience."

So - the thought that Graham supports the thought that baptism is minor - such claims are indeed false.

c.moore

Footnote to the Graham comment - as if he somehow supports the thought of not following the teaching of Jesus about baptism - here are some of his comments:

"Baptism is a public sign that you have now put your faith in Christ and are taking an open stand for Him."

"It also is a sign that Jesus has now washed away all your sins. Think of it: You have been cleansed of every sin you've ever committed, because of what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you! You aren't saved because of anything you have done; you are saved only because you have put your faith and trust in Christ and what He has already done for you."

Mr. Graham has stated: "I believe baptism is important, and I have been baptized."

"Baptism is a conclusive act of obedience and witness to the world that we are Christ's. I believe in it wholeheartedly. In our crusades we don't baptize because we feel that this should be done by the local pastors—and that if I baptized, some people would say they had been baptized by me, and that would be putting the emphasis on the wrong person. To one who has received Christ, baptism is a necessary and meaningful experience."

So - the thought that Graham supports the thought that baptism is minor - such claims are indeed false.

But did you notice he said the key it is a Sign.

Also he said it is our faith that saves us.

Notice also he didn`t preach or teach it saves us or that is the way we get our repentance.

Notice again that everyone who goes to the alter or get saved in his meeting are born again and saved with eternal already as they say the sinners prayers , not after they get wet,:)

rene

You evidently have a problem with water - but Jesus taught and personally practiced baptism.

Mat 3:15 But answering, Jesus said to him, "Permit [it] now, for in this way it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he permits Him.
Mat 3:16 And having been baptized, Jesus went up immediately from the water. And look! The heavens were opened to Him, and he [i.e. John] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming upon Him.
Mat 3:17 And listen! A voice [comes] out of the heavens, saying, "This is My Son-the Beloved-in whom I am well-pleased!"

Mat 28:18 And having approached, Jesus spoke to them, saying, "All authority in heaven and on earth was given to Me.

In [i[none[/i] of Graham's quotes does he state, "it is our faith that saves us" - for salvation is only thru Jesus and following Him and His teachings, teachings that reflects God's will for mankind to have relationship with Him..

My point has never been about when the moment of salvation happens. It has been about the foolish unscriptural comments about baptism which I have shown scriptures to counter each and every one of your points that it is minor and suggestions that one doesn't have to follow this teaching that Jesus gave.

Notice again what the scripture says about those that teach something other than what Jesus instructed to be followed.

Mat 7:15 "But be watching out for the false prophets, who come to you* in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
Mat 7:16 "By their fruits you* will know them. They do not gather a grape cluster from thorns, or figs from thistles, do they?
Mat 7:17 "In the same way, every good tree yields good fruits, but the rotten tree yields evil fruits.
Mat 7:18 "A good tree is not able to be yielding evil fruits, nor a rotten tree to be yielding good fruits.
Mat 7:19 "Every tree not yielding good fruit is cut down and is thrown into fire.
Mat 7:21 "Not every one saying to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of My Father, the [One] in [the] heavens.

Gal 1:6 I marvel [or, am amazed] that you* are so quickly turning away [or, apostatizing] from the One having called you* in [or, by] the grace of Christ to a different gospel,
Gal 1:7 which is not another [Gospel], except there are some, the ones having disturbed you* and desiring to distort the Gospel of Christ.

You can continue to play around as if a game - but if per chance you have caused any to stumble by your foolishness the bible has words for those that do such.

Mat 18:6 "And whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble [fig., to sin], it [would be] better for him that a millstone of a donkey [fig., a huge millstone] be hanged on his neck, and he be drowned in the depth of the sea.

The teachings of Jesus are never minor as you have stated. The teachings of Jesus are to be followed. Not picked thru and made choice of which ones are wanted to be followed as you suggest. There is no verse within the bible that suggest anything like what you teach/follow at all.

You need to repent. You need to get inline with the teachings as Jesus taught them. You see yourself and promote yourself as an "evangelist" - evangelist to what? A Christian would not belittle and disrespect a teaching given by the very Son of God.

c.moore

You need to know how to study the bible first of all in Context rene.

You need to understand who the scripture were speaking to , also the time, and why the baptism, and when jesus was speaking was it for that times or forever.

You need to learn Rene about the cross and the finished work of Christ for us.

BTW do you think water baptism is a work to get righteous??

last question , do you know you are going to heaven now sense you are water baptized.

God Bless

rene

You need to take the advice that your attempting to give to me yourself.

Did Jesus instruct that baptism was part of the process of sharing the gospel?

Answer:

That you want to take out, call part of the teaching of Jesus minor is upon your head.

You need to learn that to follow His teachings means just that - no pick and choose, no buffet approach. There is no scripture that supports such - and to those that promote such and follow such - they are called false teachers and the end that they meet is not good.

Mat 7:21 "Not every one saying to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, _but_ the one doing the will of My Father, the [One] in [the] heavens.
Mat 7:24 "Therefore, every [one] who hears these words of Mine and does them, I will compare him to a wise man who built his house on the solid rock;

c.moore

You need to take the advice that your attempting to give to me yourself.

Did Jesus instruct that baptism was part of the process of sharing the gospel?

Answer:

That you want to take out, call part of the teaching of Jesus minor is upon your head.

You need to learn that to follow His teachings means just that - no pick and choose, no buffet approach. There is no scripture that supports such - and to those that promote such and follow such - they are called false teachers and the end that they meet is not good.

Are you sure you are not a Mormon???:think:

Do you believe also in the wtare baptism for the dead??:confused:

rene

Foolish comments that don't address - which I have answered several times before - do not address the point before you.

You can continue making false claims and suggestions about myself.

My point is showing that you carry that same attitude to the words and teachings of Jesus. That you misrepresent His gospel with suggestions that what you find to be minor and what you view as what is needed as part of sharing the gospel vs what Jesus taught.

Your views and comments do not match the words of Jesus. You say that your views reflect the gospel - when I have copied here many times the verses that show what your following and possibly teaching to others is not what Jesus instructed or said to be done.

Now you want to try to divert and make suggestions about me following some cult belief - when it is clear that it is you that are teaching and following things that are not supported by scripture.

Considering everything - I am not shocked that you stoop to such.

c.moore

See this is why I ask if you are an undercover Mormon because they say the same as you using the same verses out of context to justify their interpretation of a old gospel and doctrine .

They used the excuse that Jesus command for the ritual to be done for today so we can earn our religious salvation which is not an gift no more.

Can a sinner or non believer be filled with the Holy Spirit before they get water baptized???

Ac:10:42: And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
Ac:10:43: To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Ac:10:44: While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Ac:10:45: And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Ac:10:46: For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

EVEN pAUL DID NOT come with a wet salvation message.
1Co:1:14: I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

1Co:1:17: For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

This is why Rene I ask you to try to understand also the cross and you might get the same revelation as Paul and many born again spirit filled Christians on this planet.

Rene, we are baptized only once and that is a dry spiritual baptism.
1Co:12:12: For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co:12:13: For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Today we have a spiritual message and the love and the spiritual message is the key to salvation Rene.

Eph:4:3: Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Eph:4:4: There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Eph:4:5: One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph:4:6: One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Eph:4:7: But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

We are called to be one in Christ and Christ in us , by His Spirit not a water rituals or religious works to earn a gift or to qualify for salvation, and try to get this in your heart we are baptized only once in the Kingdom of God, and to become sons and daughters.

Joh:15:3: Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh:15:4: Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh:15:5: I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh:15:6: If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Joh:15:7: If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

This is why the washing of the Word of God is important , that we ate born again with the Water of the Word of God it is water to us so we can live on, and get instructions on how to live so we need the Word of God which is water to us but don´t take things out od context keep it spiritual and we will come both into the correct answers and will of God.

Eph:5:26: That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Joh:3:5: Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Do you think the Kingdom of God is about A physical water and natural Kingdom??

Col:2:11: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Col:2:12: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Col:2:13: And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col:2:14: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Now if you can get the meaning of all this , you will see we have a new salvation message which is the cross which make us whole.
it is no more a physical ritual needed for salavtion done by hands or body, it is a spiritual and heart relationship with Jesus alone with His Blood which cleans us from all sins, not a physical water ritual.

1Pe:3:19: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe:3:20: Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
1Pe:3:21: The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Again it is a symbol of the spiritual baptism , a like figure, and notice the conscience is something you can`t see it is invisible spiritual thinking meditation and etc.
If you keep all this in context as what the bible teaches we will come into unity as the Lord want us to praise the Lord Rene.

please let the Spirit of God speak to your heart about the Gospel of Christ and get away from religion, and religious rituals.

If you claim not to be a Mormon which i question myself, are you a Roman catholic????

if you are then i can understand your errors and false doctrines of the bible.

M'r:7:3: For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.
M'r:7:4: And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.
M'r:7:5: Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?
M'r:7:6: He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
M'r:7:7: Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
M'r:7:8: For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

God Bless for now until your next justifycations

rene

Rene, we are baptized only once and that is a dry spiritual baptism.

I guess you have taken a black marker to the text that I have copied here many times within the bible that you have thus can't see that isn't what Jesus instructed.......

Your lack of insight and knowledge of the words within the bible and their meaning is shocking of one that makes the claim to be a Christian, let alone an "evangelist". The verses that you think support you - are not even in context you want to suggest!