The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

c.moore

It make no sence to debate when people don`t want to change.

It make no sence to debate when people don`t want to change.

Hello All

I was studying and meditating over the bible after hearing what God said to me about what I read open my eyes to being a doer of the Word of God , and to be obedient child of God.

I have been warned time after time by my pastors, friend ,wife, and my spiritual father and mother that debating religion does help the other person to find Christ, specially when you are not approaching the person personally , and they are hidding behind their computer, and you don`t know how they really live ,and you can`t see their fruits.

All this came to me again what these people said after God warned me by giving me advice, by pointing me to this scripture which became a revelation to my spirit.

I read this in my one year living bible Proverbs 19:27-29.

It say`s in the living bible this:

Stop listening to teaching that contridicts what you know is right.
A worthless witness cares nothing for truth- he enjoys his sinning too much. Mockers and rebels shall be severly punished.

King James bible

Proverb:19:27: Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.
Proverb:19:28: An ungodly witness scorneth judgment: and the mouth of the wicked devoureth iniquity.
Proverb:19:29: Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.

So when I seen this advice , and I know I have to read, and that is in a way listening to other people doctrine , religion, and false teachings from their church or false men of God , I seen god was telling me to stop debating with religious people that are following their flesh , with pride, and lack of knowledge.

Now you all can keep wasting maybe your time that you can`t replace or go back and correct , and the pearls, and good news you try to teach and share to other is being a waste , and there is alot of hungry sinners waiting for your message, and maybe we can encourage each other with the same belief and build each other up , because the bible say`s when there is two or three gateher together, in Jesus name , then Jesus presense is with us.
If a person doesn`t not have the same belief and we are not one Christ is not going to show up where there is a spirit of division, because a house can`t stand when divided.

So maybe you can think about are you doing God will by debating and trying to convence some religious person or church and religious society to change.
:think:

So i decided to stay in the will o God with power, and authority, and with a meek spirit, and give up debating and only talk with other people who have the same truth ,and a willing spirit to learn and grow.

If anybody what to talk and we learn the truth from each other you can e-mail me anytime and we can talk Kingdom of God messages, and about the good news of Christ.

revival.disco@t-online.de

Ph'p:4:7: And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Ph'p:4:8: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Ph'p:4:9: Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Let God Bless you and show you His ways is better than your ways.
Let you prayers be , all of Christ Jesus , and none of you.

I also like to thank everybody who I debated with for your informations, and opinions, it was a help to my getting understanding , and even though I believe more with your help that I am on the right track and in the will of God , and I see now with all my notes from what was said where other are false, and decieved and brained wahed in a teachings from their child hood, as Catholics,,7 day adventist,and religious traditional ritual people , water baptism, infant baptism believing people , and not sure saved people I thank you again for your informations , it will help me to help other in explaining why they were decieved and how they can be free from religious demons, and false doctrines.

BTW the blessing I said at the end of this post is only for christians, not for Mormons,Jehovah witness,Muslims,satanism,Buda,hindu, and other cults.

Shalom

God Bless
:)

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved!"
Inducted into the TOL Hall of Fame on 12-20-2003

At the time of induction this thread had 4,188 posts and was created September 6th 2001.

This thread was nominated for induction by Freak who wrote...
A true TOL classic. The longest lasting & most participated theology thread in the history of TOL. What more can one say?
The thread was started by Freak and was originally in the "Genral Theology" forum. This thread has been viewed almost 50,000 times!

This list of participants to date in this thread are as follows:
TOL Username and number of posts in this thread...
Kevin 630
c.moore 494
JustAChristian 443
Freak 334
HopeofGlory 281
Francisco 254
Jerry Shugart 216
agape 184
Evangelion 182
rene 129
Apollos 122
Ian Day 77
elected4ever 70
servantofChrist 69
biblicalanser4u 59
carri 58
Melody 39
rapt 38
drbrumley 38
freelight 29
CoCrucified 29
geralduk 26
Shaun 25
tralon 24
John Gault 21
Clete Pfeiffer 20
RightIdea 18
revhleonard 18
Mathetes 18
AVmetro 14
itsjustdave1988 12
HardCoreFundy2 11
PastorZ77 10
deut3019 10
la rubia 10
o2bwise 9
Elena Marie 9
Explosived 9
NeoArminian 7
PaladInChrist 6
Sozo 6
missedmarks 6
Jaltus 5
Zakath 5
godspell 4
Thunderz7 4
Edgar Caiña 4
Redfish 4
Jason 4
PENIEL 4
H'mong 3
UzandBuz 3
shilohproject 3
SteveT 3
KurtPh 3
Berean Todd 3
kiwimac 3
bibliophile1954 3
David J. Conkli 3
smilax 3
Huguenot 2
Sealeaf 2
apostolic 2
Falcon 2
frostmanj 2
Anastasis 2
Catholicious 2
Mark 2
Solly 2
o2bfaithful 2
EricU 2
gbort 1
Agnostic 1
Coach 1
Aimiel 1
OldShepherd 1
Gerald 1
Jefferson 1
Ishamael 1
JGaltJr. 1
Elias 1
Malachi IV:VI 1
temple 2000 1
RunnerOnAir 1
Cows4Christ 1
Calvinist 1
Antipas 1
Hillary 1
Poly 1
kitsune 1
billwald 1
HardCoreFundie 1
Emmaus Road 1
firechyld 1
Paradõsis 1
mjwhite 1
Jim Hedstrom 1
Becky 1
Bariyon 1
Knight 1
Crow 1
okinrus 1
Troy 1
BillyBob 1
bibleway5 1
Evee 1
Morgaine 1
Dave Miller 1
calvinistkid 1

JustAChristian

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccck !!

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccck !!

Originally posted by Freak

Please be aware my fellow believers that when o2bewise mentions Jesus , he is referring to another Jesus. The Biblical Jesus is eternal God, o2bewise dismisses this vital truth. So when he refers to baptism it is a baptism unto a different Jesus. So this baptism is not a legit baptism but a false one. Hence my statements and my concerns.

Hello Freak !

Confusion and mistrust continues to cause man to fail in his own direction. Satan can be a strong and domineering factor. God knew this, "that it is not in man to direct his steps" (Jer. 10:23). He determined to send His Son into the world to show mankind how life should be lived, and how they should walk. He was sent into the Jewish society, the children of Israel as they were known, to be a spiritual Light (John 1:9). His nation and people greatly refused Him, and continued to live in the traditions of their fathers (Jn. 1:11;Lk19:14). As God had spoken before, he world "bring upon them all the word of this covenant (the law of Moses), which was commanded for them to do , but obeyed not (Jer. 11:8).

God's wrath and judgement was set to destroy man, but he remembered His promise made to Abraham a man of faith, that of his seed all the nations of the earth would be blessed (Gen. 22:18). This blessing would come in the form of His Son (Gal 4:4). His Son Jesus lived a righteous life among man, and for three and a half years He showed man how he could live a righteous life (1 Peter 2:21). His covenant for man superseded the law of Moses (Jn. 1:17; Heb 9:15: 10:9,10). In His law (James 1:25) we are to hear and believe His message (Mt. 7:24), repent of our sins (Luke 13:3,5), confess Christ before man as God's son (Mt 10:32,33), and be baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38). Man then has the gift of God and is truly a Christian, for he has the gift of God, the Holy Spirit, and the promise of eternal life (Rom. 8:9; Heb. 5:8,9). Have you learned this lesson? Have a great rest of the day!

JustAChristian :thumb:

Freak

Re: I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccck !!

Re: I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccck !!

Originally posted by JustAChristian

Hello Freak !

In His law (James 1:25) we are to hear and believe His message (Mt. 7:24), repent of our sins (Luke 13:3,5), confess Christ before man as God's son (Mt 10:32,33), and be baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38). Man then has the gift of God and is truly a Christian, for he has the gift of God, the Holy Spirit, and the promise of eternal life (Rom. 8:9; Heb. 5:8,9). Have you learned this lesson? Have a great rest of the day!

JustAChristian
Scripture states clearly that we are justified through faith in Jesus...

..know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

JustAChristian

Re: Re: I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccck !!

Re: Re: I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccck !!

..know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

What you have said is true but fails to be "rightly divided." Jesus has a Perfect Law to be observed and obeyed (James 1:25; John 14:15; 15:10; Heb. 5:8-9). This Law contains statutes given by Christ to get us to heaven. Among them is the commandment to be baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38). This is from Christ through the apostles (Mattahew 28:18-20). What they taught and commanded was what was brought to their remembrance by the Holy Spirit (John 14:26). You can not get around this teaching by saying it is not faith but works. That is blasphemy to do so. Surely you are more realistic than that! Faith saves, yes. But the faith that saves is the faith that obeys (Rom. 1:5; 6:17; 2 Cor. 10:5; 2 Thess1:8; 1 Peter 1:22).

JustAChristian

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Freak

Let's try this again...

Which part of "no one" are you having trouble understanding?

JustAChristian

Let's try this again...

Which part of "no one" are you having trouble understanding?

Yes, let's try this again. Explain to me "through faith."

JustAChristian:angel:

Freak

Yes, let's try this again. Explain to me "through faith."

JustAChristian:angel:
Where in this passage the words "through faith."

We are justified by faith in Christ.

JustAChristian

Where in this passage the words "C."

We are justified by faith in Christ.

Answer my statement What does"through faith" (Eph. 2:8) mean?

JustAChristian :angel:

Freak

Answer my statement What does"through faith" (Eph. 2:8) mean?

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast.

God gives you the faith to believe Him.

JustAChristian

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast.

God gives you the faith to believe Him.

Freak,

You tell us nothing. Why don't you define your terms? What does "through faith" mean? Do we need to give you a hint?

Freak

Freak,

You tell us nothing. Why don't you define your terms? What does "through faith" mean?

Through faith means through faith. What do you not understand? God gives us the faith to believe in Him.

JustAChristian

Through faith means through faith. What do you not understand? God gives us the faith to believe in Him.

Freak,

"Through faith means through faith" is not a definition of the term. You have to be more specific. Let me help you. Through is an adverb which answers the question "where." It denotes a response on someone's part. Faith is the action one someone's part that results in Grace. "Through faith" is how we receive God's grace. Grace will only come to those who have exercised faith. Wouldn't you agree? Well, if you do then you know and accept that your exercise of faith is a work on your part to receive Grace. Everyone who has been spiritually saved (forgiven of sins) and united with Christ did so by obeying faith (Read Romans 1:5). Obeying faith is doing what faith requires. Jesus gives us the "perfect law of liberty" (James 1:25). This law consist of commandments from Jesus Christ through His apostles for the whole world to hear and obey ( Matthew 28:18-20). Disciples only come from obeying the law of Christ. Only disciples of Christ will be eternally saved along with the faithful under the Law of Moses and under the age of the Patriarchs. So, how does one become a disciple of Christ? By hearing and doing the will of Christ found in the Gospel (Romans 1:16; Hebrews 5:8-9). Being baptized for the remission of sins is found in the message of the apostles to the whole world (Acts 2:38; Col. 1:23). Yes, obedience to the commandment of baptism is man responding to the gospel, but it is not a work of man. To insist that being baptized for the remission of sins is earning salvation is blasphemy. Christ commanding spiritual cleansing through contact with His blood. The medium for such contact is found to be the waters of baptism (Acts 22:16; 1 Peter 3 19-21). I only hope that you and others will come to see this before it is eternally too late.

JustAChristian

Acts 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

Acts 13:24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Freak

Freak,
Disciples only come from obeying the law of Christ. Only disciples of Christ will be eternally saved along with the faithful under the Law of Moses and under the age of the Patriarchs.

All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them."

What part of this are you having trouble understanding? It's over, JustWorks, you've lost.

:down:

rene

I agree with you.

You know what is really sad? That there are people out there that evidently have a problem with baptism - something that Jesus did Himself and told us to also do.

They argue/suggest/belittle those that say that because Jesus taught such that it should be done - if one indeed is a follower of Jesus - all the while ignoring that Jesus taught it. Then they want to say that they follow Him.

I have seen none say that baptism saves - tho that has been suggested. I have tho seen people show within scripture where it is clearly stated that it is indeed something that every believer should do.

I have never met a person that was saved that wasn't baptised. But I have met many people that claim relationship with God thru Jesus that teach that baptism isn't important - even tho that clearly goes against what is within the bible. I have even met some that make the claim to be a preacher/evangelist/prophet that never got around to being baptised.

People really do need to test all the spirits, compare and pray about what it is that some are promoting to what is found within the bible.

Rene

Freak,

"Through faith means through faith" is not a definition of the term. You have to be more specific. Let me help you. Through is an adverb which answers the question "where." It denotes a response on someone's part. Faith is the action one someone's part that results in Grace. "Through faith" is how we receive God's grace. Grace will only come to those who have exercised faith. Wouldn't you agree? Well, if you do then you know and accept that your exercise of faith is a work on your part to receive Grace. Everyone who has been spiritually saved (forgiven of sins) and united with Christ did so by obeying faith (Read Romans 1:5). Obeying faith is doing what faith requires. Jesus gives us the "perfect law of liberty" (James 1:25). This law consist of commandments from Jesus Christ through His apostles for the whole world to hear and obey ( Matthew 28:18-20). Disciples only come from obeying the law of Christ. Only disciples of Christ will be eternally saved along with the faithful under the Law of Moses and under the age of the Patriarchs. So, how does one become a disciple of Christ? By hearing and doing the will of Christ found in the Gospel (Romans 1:16; Hebrews 5:8-9). Being baptized for the remission of sins is found in the message of the apostles to the whole world (Acts 2:38; Col. 1:23). Yes, obedience to the commandment of baptism is man responding to the gospel, but it is not a work of man. To insist that being baptized for the remission of sins is earning salvation is blasphemy. Christ commanding spiritual cleansing through contact with His blood. The medium for such contact is found to be the waters of baptism (Acts 22:16; 1 Peter 3 19-21). I only hope that you and others will come to see this before it is eternally too late.

JustAChristian

Acts 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

Acts 13:24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Freak

Originally posted by rene

I agree with you.

You know what is really sad? That there are people out there that evidently have a problem with baptism Rene

Water Baptism does not perfect your faith. Only Christ is considered the perfector of ones faith.

JustAChristian

How Is Man Justified?

How Is Man Justified?

All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them."

What part of this are you having trouble understanding? It's over, JustWorks, you've lost.

:down:

Freak,

No where in my last post did I say that anyone was justified by law. I said that those who faithfully lived under the law of God will be with faithful Christians who lived under the law of Christ. This is because of their faithfulness. That is how faith saves by being faithful. However, you and others like you are not being faithful because you choose not to obey the law of Christ. He will only save the faithful. His law says to believe the gospel and obey it (Heb. 5:8-9; Rom 1:16). Faith in Christ as the Son of God, Repentance of sins, baptism for the remission of sins, sowing to the Spirit all bring us into Christ and into eternal safety through faithfulness. The gospel saves (1 Cor. 15:2) when you faithfully hear and do its tenets. Baptism saves when you faithfully obey it for the remission of sins (1 Peter 3:19-21; Acts 2:38). Want you listen to the gospel of Jesus Christ and get off that broken record of "faith only" salvation you've been spinning for two or more years? The only faith that saves is the faith that obeys!

In Christ,
JustAChristian

Aimiel

Jesus said that those who believe in Him would not perish. There are degrees of reward (for obedience) and degrees of punishment. Un-believers are the only ones who will be punished, those that never come into a relationship with The Lord. Those who believe that their works will make them righteous and believe that those who don't do what they say are un-righteous are foolish. Baptism is not The Door, and neither is mere repentance. Jesus is The Door.