The grammar of Gal 2 and the folly of 2P2P

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

:chuckle:

We talk about Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits, Pentecost, Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and Tabernacles.

These are shadows of things to come that Christ fulfills.

You run away from these. Why? Because you are mightily ignorant of each of them.

But Jesus did come and fulfilled them.

SaulToPaul 2

You don't believe either is Christ! You believe there is to be a land and that promise was the gospel (for them); you believe there is a David on a Davidic throne instead of what it says David said he foresaw! It is plain English.

Stop making 2P2P the standard of what divides believers from unbelievers. That is only for Christ the Promise. He is not divided. 2P2P is muck and fraud and cult.

:chuckle:

Interplanner

I believe and understand them all very well.
You do not believe them, therefore your understanding is greatly skewed.

I've read you enough to know you think that Genesis verse actually is the land (for Jews), and that Acts verse actually is a Davidic theocracy in Israel at some future point, and that we are to dismiss Christ reigning now.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Reactions: Lon

Interplanner

I'd still like to know how/why our orderly detailed Holy God would do such a thing?

There is no place in the NT where every feast is supposed to be fulfilled in specific order. How on earth a person can read Hebrews and miss that Christ is the atonement for sins is imponderable. What the NT says is that whatever God promised the fathers was fulfilled in the resurrection.

It will help if you have the right questions (what does Acts 13 actually say and why?) instead of your system questions.

Right Divider

Body part
There is no place in the NT where every feast is supposed to be fulfilled in specific order. How on earth a person can read Hebrews and miss that Christ is the atonement for sins is imponderable. What the NT says is that whatever God promised the fathers was fulfilled in the resurrection.

It will help if you have the right questions (what does Acts 13 actually say and why?) instead of your system questions.
:dizzy:

Danoh

Personally, I find that when two parties are at odds with one another, one aspect of said dynamic is that where each believes they are looking at things from influences what they each conclude are "right" questions.

Also, that to ask one another questions expecting the other side will some how derive the other side's view from said questions, is the mark of the amateur.

Better for each side to state their case, together with their basis for same, that both sides might then have at least a better idea where each is cominng from and from that, move forward.

Not to mention the need for all sides to concede any point another side is actually correct on.

Instead, much of what goes on in these threads from all sides, is the above kinds of incompetences; double-standards, some ganging up on others and or condoning those who do, and so on...

One thing is obvious in all that.

That regardless of what in Scripture is supposedly "not for us, to us, nor about us" the above certainly is not.

As the Apostle Paul would clearly put it - "ye have NOT so learned Christ."

I include myself as to my own role in all the above.

"The gospel of the grace of God" is not meant to stop at "Christ died for our sins."

Where, pray tell, is said "grace" toward one another upon our encountering of different understandings of one thing or another?

Is the following "not for us, to us, nor about us"?

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. 12:4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.